• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters Next
Common Era Chapter Twenty-two/MLP Season Four Chapter Two: Princess Twilight Sparkle Part Two

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Common Era Chapter Twenty-two/MLP Season Four Chapter Two: Princess Twilight Sparkle Part Two

“Why are you all looking at me like that?” asked Twilight as she regained her senses from drinking the potion.

“It's just... you were mumblin' to yourself…” said Applejack almost mumbling herself.

“Ooh! And don't forget the uncontrollable sobbing!” remarked Pinkie Pie much to the surprise of the young Alicorn princess, not because to spoke up but because of what she said.

“We were really worried about you.” said Fluttershy worriedly and Twilight smiled comfortingly to the yellow pegasus, but frowned at Discord’s next remark.

“I for one found it delightful. Sort of a one-pony theater piece, if you will. You should really consider taking it on the road.”

“Did you find out whose rump we need to kick and where we can find them?”

“I saw something from a long time ago. But it didn't explain what's happening now.” said Twilight, more than a little confused.

“Perhaps farther back still are the answers you seek. Another sip of the potion will give you a peek.” said her zebra friend by the name of Zecora.

“You sure about this?” asked Spike but his only answer was Twilight swallowing more potion. “OK then, you just go on and do that…”

“Oh, I do hope she breaks into a song this time!” said Discord delighted at the outcome.

- - -

As Twilight came out of her most recent vision of the past she explained that the ‘Tree of Harmony’ was in danger, and what the Tree of Harmony actually was, not to mention where it was, inside the Everfree Forest…

- - -

“Seems like only yesterday we were heading into these woods to find the Elements of Harmony.” said Rarity as she reminisced about the last time they came in here to take care of something, or someone, that had endangered Princess Celestia.

“Seems like only yesterday I was foolish enough to think I should go after them on my own. I don't know what we're going to face in there. But whatever it is, I know we need to face it together.” her friends all voiced their agreement.

- - -

“Sir, we need to—”

“Lieutenant, if you are about to suggest we return home, I would suggest that you keep such thoughts to yourself” said Masao sternly as he reloaded his revolver, again they had upgraded the tech involved, and seemingly faster than mankind had, the revolvers now had a six shots instead of three and were reminiscent of the 1835 colt revolver

Masao carried three of these guns, he had recently used them as they had been attacked by a few of the escapees from Tartarus, who no longer were of this world thanks to the four bat ponies and himself.

“Ser Masao, I do understand that you think you need to—”

“Tell me, Corporal, what do you know of the criminal known as Tirek?” asked Masao and the bat pony shrugged. “That is our quarry, the reason I chose you four is because, you are not only the best in the ones available to me to go, but you have not found your special talents. Tirek has the ability to steal the latent magic in ponies particularly those who have found their special talents”

“So we weren’t your first choice?” asked a female bat pony a pout on her lips as she stopped snuggling against one of her fellows, it was a day where they were.

“I would never had been able to go with my first choice to begin with, as they already have their cutie marks. Therefore you were my first choice” countered Masao causing the quartet of bat ponies to look at him in confusion for a moment as he shut his revolver. “It’s time to leave, now, we’ll warm up on the move”

“Yes sir!”

- - -

“No luck finding your tree?” asked Discord as he freed a couple ponies from the vines that had infested Ponyville.

“We ran into some trouble. And my friends decided it would be best if I returned to Ponyville while they continue the search. Equestria will need me if Princess Celestia and Princess Luna don't return.” reasoned Twilight though on the inside she was hurting that her friends had asked her to leave.

“I'm just surprised that you agreed to their plan. I never thought you'd be the kind of pony who would think she was better than everypony else.”

“I don't think I'm better than anypony!” argued Twilight rather angrily at the chaos spirit.

“Oh, well, how silly of me to assume that you would think that. All you did was choose to keep your precious princess self out of harm's way while your friends thrust themselves right into it. I'm sure you'll all be the best of pals again when they return from their terrifying yet deeply bonding experience that they're having without you.”

- - -

“I know how we can save the tree. We have to give it the Elements of Harmony.” said Twilight after being rescued from a set of vine plants that had tried to eat her, and taking stock of what was happening to the Tree of Harmony. her friends voiced concerns about said course of action even going so far as to mention that the Elements were what tied them all together. “You're right about one thing, Applejack. The Elements of Harmony did bring us together. But it isn't the Elements that will keep us connected. It's our friendship. And it's more important and more powerful than any magic. My new role in Equestria may mean I have to take on new responsibilities, and our friendships may be tested, but it will never, ever be broken. There's no time to lose. Everypony ready?” Upon their affirmation that they were ready Twilight and her friends returned the Elements of Harmony and both Celestia and Luna were freed. After the dark evil vines disappeared a crystal lockbox with six keyholes appeared in front of the ponies.

“Six locks, six keys.” commented Luna stating the obvious as she had been up for almost two days straight, the vines not letting her getting any shut eye. but it was nothing a little sleep wouldn’t fix.

“Bravo, ladies, bravo! How ever did you save the day this time? Blast the beastie with your magic necklaces, I presume? Where are those little trinkets of yours? You know, the ones you use to send me back to my extremely uncomfortable stone prison?” said Discord as the group of ponies left the Everfree Forest and it was Apple Jack who spoke up with a sigh.

“Gone.”

“Gone? Gone?”

“But our friendship remains. And if you want to remain friends, you'll stop thinking whatever it is you're thinking and help us clean up.” said Fluttershy in a voice that could be considered harsh, coming from her.

“Fine. But I don't do windows”

Author's Note:

I'M BACK!!! I am so sorry! I was out camping this past weekend, and what is worse, I finished this chapter before I left! :fluttercry: I am so sorry!

Also I AM GOING TO BRONYCON!! So if you are going to Bronycon let me know! I would love to meet one of my readers! Maybe give a little sneak peek as to what will happen later

PreviousChapters Next