• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters Next
Common Era Chapter Nine/MLP Season One Chapter One: The Mare on the Moon Part One

Author's Notes

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Common Era Chapter Nine/MLP Season One Chapter One: The Mare on the Moon Part One

At this point I think I should tell you, things were not always to cut and dry, Ser Masao will never admit his part in the saving of Princess Luna, even if she points it out to him every day that he did play a vital role. Oh? Are you confused? Well I guess I should tell you then… Here we go…

- - -

Masao sat in the library reading a book, his lover, Sharp Sword was currently on a mission in an attempt to dislodge a cell of the Lunar Remnants from the town of Ponyville.

“Ah! Elements, Elements, E, E, E... Aha! Elements of Harmony, see: Mare in the Moon?” said Twilight suddenly in the background and Masao’s gaze shot up from the book in front of him. Was it already? No… That was…

“Mare in the Moon? But that's just an old ponies' tale.” said Spike and Masao nearly choked, line for line…

“Sorry, Spike, but from what Ser Masao has told me—”

“You really believe that he is as old as Celestia? Please I bet he is just the descendant or something, besides—OW!” said Spike, rubbing his head from where Twilight had hit him.

“Take a note please, to the Princess.” Masao ceased listening at that point and made his way to Celestia who was in the middle of Day Court, and heedless of the current petitioner he strode up to the throne and leaned down to whisper in her ear.

“I am sorry, my little pony, I must reschedule your meeting with me until a later date. guards, please escort her out, and inform the other petitioners that I will see them on a later date” said Celestia in a carefully leveled cheerful voice. After the guards had left she turned to Masao a frown on her face. “Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes Celestia, I have to go to Ponyville and you should send Twilight. The other Elements are there, they don’t even know what ties them together yet, but it is high time that they met.” said Masao before he sighed. “Tonight is the night your sister returns, but we first have to contend with Nightmare Moon”

- - -

Armed with her new knowledge, Celestia was ready when Twilight’s message appeared and promptly wrote her response

My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely…

Masao was already on his way to the balcony, and with a simple handing of Celestia’s orders he was quickly on his way to Ponyville…

- - -

Sharp Sword was about to summon a courier to deliver her report on the cell in Ponyville, having found out they were going to attempt to summon the dark Alicorn when Masao literally landed beside her, a small crater where he landed, the chariot that had carried him, fleeing from several magical blasts.

“Friends of yours, my dear?” he asked calmly motioning to a bunch of unicorns that were running out to attack him.

“Well, what kind of time do you think this is?” she asked and Masao grinned as he turned around and with a simple draw and aiming of the flintlock he was now carrying—ever since his old armor had been pierced by a round from one he carried one—and the group ran off leaving no trace of them, other than Sharp Sword and himself.

“Well that was anti-climatic” said the human as he walked off towards the Everfree, leaving a very confused Sharp Sword.

“Hey, hey, hey! Where do you think you are going without giving your mare a kiss?” prodded the scowling blue unicorn and Masao chuckled as he stopped, turned around, and knelt down with his arms open inviting the mare to rush over and hug him. Which she did, and he kissed her.

“OH MY CELESTIA!” said a voice and Masao groaned, this was not going to end well. “Bon-Bon! Do you see!? Do you see!? I told you they existed!” Masao turned his head to the side and saw a lime green unicorn and a same color green and white mane and tail as she nudged a cream colored earth pony with blue and purplish pink hair. The earth pony, obviously named Bon-Bon just stared in shock while her friend seemed to be giddy as all get out.

“Greetings girls, I don’t suppose me telling you two to get indoors will matter any?” asked Sharp Sword and the lime green unicorn shook her head a large grin on her face.

“Well then… I guess we are at an impasse, you really do need to get indoors, and I need to continue forwards.” said Masao and at that the lime green pony trotted up ignoring Masao’s annoyed look. as well as the flintlock in his hands much to his aforementioned annoyment.

“I’m Lyra! Who might you be?” asked the unicorn now identified as Lyra, as if Masao didn’t already know, however, the look in her eyes was very, very lustful.

“He’s mine, and I swear, by Celestia, if you don’t back off, your friend over there will be cleaning you up with a rag and bucket” said Sharp Sword as she imposed herself between Masao and Lyra causing the green unicorn to take a step back.

“Sharp Sword, while I am more than happy you are ready to ‘fight for my honor’ as it were, right now we have far more pressing issues to deal with, more important than dealing with a lustful unicorn and her want for human loving. Sorry Lyra, but I truly am taken, but if you leave a message with Sharp Sword here, I am sure she’ll take your request under consideration”

“The buck I will”

“Well there you go” said Masao with a sigh as Lyra just grinned at him.

“Well if you ever get tired of miss uptight, I am sure you’ll know where to find me” said the lime green unicorn sashayed away, her flank having gained an exaggerated sway. Masao rolled his eyes at her act and turned to Sharp Sword who was so upset she was snorting, much like that of an earth horse.

“Well that could have gone better” said a familiar voice and Masao and Sharp Sword turned to see…

- - -

Celestia was getting ready, she knew that it was possible she would have to fight to protect her ponies from Nightmare Moon, and this time Masao would not be there to, ‘hold her down’ if she started having second thoughts about fighting the evil mare…

“Will I be able to? If it turns out Masao is wrong and I have to kill her… Will I be able to?” Celestia thought aloud…

- - -

Twilight stood there with a grin on her face as she trotted up to two of her teachers which made Masao groan, he had hoped to be in the Everfree long before Twilight had arrived.

“D-did I do something wrong?” asked Twilight and Masao realized that she had heard his groan and shook his head while trying to reassure her that it had nothing to do with her. “Are you here to help me with—” she started when both the older mare and the human shook their heads.

“No, I am on a mission for Celestia, and… I don’t really know why you are here love” said Sharp Sword and Masao just grinned not saying a word at first.

“Well I am not here to help you, Twilight, but if you need help Sharp Sword, just let me know, otherwise, I am here to judge how well you do, Twilight” said Masao, and the purple unicorn’s eyes shrunk to pinpricks as she learned that she was being tested. “Now, now, stop that right this instant! If you start panicking or otherwise start acting like more of a perfectionist than you normally are, I will fail you right here” Twilight merely nodded before walking off Spike glaring at the human for upsetting Twilight. “Oh and keep an eye on Spike” as soon as Twilight was out of sight Masa’s smile fell from his face, and he turned to Sharp Sword. “Nightmare Moon is coming back, tonight” he whispered into her ear, and at that Sharp Sword’s own eyes were pinpricks…

Author's Note:

Well then, Sharp Sword obviously doesn't like Lyra! :pinkiehappy:

What kind of trouble can I get Masao into this time? :twilightsmile:

And YES I did use the lines from the actual show

PreviousChapters Next