• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters Next
Common Era Chapter Six/Post Lunar Rebellion Chapter Seven: Unfortunate Timing

Author's Notes:

I am SO sorry for not updating yesterday, it was a hectic day for me and I had received some bad news. However here is your chapter. I hope you enjoy

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Common Era Chapter Six/Post Lunar Rebellion Chapter Seven: Unfortunate Timing

“So I shouldn’t be surprised if she remembers things that no one other than Evening knew?” asked Masao, Celestia nodded in response.

“Yes, now you should go, I think—”

“PRINCESS!!” shouted Sharp Sword as she burst into the library, the librarian about to shush her when Sharp Sword used her magic to clamp the librarian’s mouth shut. “Princess! The Lunar Remnants are in the castle! I just got a message from them, they said to, ‘Keep up the good work’ but I am not working for them, how am I helping them?” asked Sharp Sword not noticing Masao who was contemplating things. Especially with what she had said, could the Lunar Remnants be using them to wipe out their opposition? No… That was…

“Calm down, Sharp Sword, I am sure that everything will be alright, right, Masao? … Masao?” she turned and saw Masao lost in thought.

“W-What?” he asked before shaking his head, “Yes Celestia, whatever you say” he said preoccupied. Sharp Sword blushed as she realized that Masao was there.

“Hey, lover, I, uh…” Masao snapped back into reality and he smiled at her.

“Hey, lovely” said Masao with a wink.

“OK you two, go, I need to get back to Twilight. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do” she said with a wink causing the two to blush but Masao’s vanished rather quickly.

“We should go, I have something to talk to you about”

“O-Oh?” asked Sharp Sword cautiously, worried that Masao was upset at her, and Masao whispered something in her ear, “OH! How naughty Ser Masao, saying something like that in front of the princess!” said the unicorn mare as she and Masao headed off to their rooms to do whatever lovers do when they are alone.

Celestia herself walked back to her young student, a small smile on her face.

“So how is your family, my precious student?” and Twilight started cheerfully talking about how her brother was trying to join the Royal Guard, and how her father seemed to be gone quite a lot. She also mentioned how her mother seemed to be getting a lot of visitors lately, and she said that “Daddy won’t be happy” because they were mostly stallions though in her defense she was judging from how her father had reacted in a prior situation. Celestia subtly pried into the identities of the stallions…

- - -

“Th-That was…” a stallion said before he looked up from the photos in front of him, on the photos were the remains of the Day’s Break, the Day’s Legion’s best assassins.

“Yes, and they failed, horribly” said Velvet Sparkle as she sipped some wine from her glass.

“The creature uses the blackest magics, and all the princess does is thank him for saving her. there have been several attempts to retrieve the bodies, but it seems the crown has gotten wise to our influence amongst them, several of your operatives have been either arrested or killed. Which begs the question, how are you of any more use to our organization?” asked the mare before she tossed another folder at the fidgeting stallion. “It would also seem that the Lunar Remnants and their sympathizers have infiltrated our own little group.” she said as the stallion opened the folder and inside were several photos of their soldiers all dead, all with the Lunar Remnant’s icon branded on their bodies, the worst part was these pictures were…

“These were taken at Dawn’s Rise? Impossible!”

“Apparently not, and the leak has been traced back to you and your group…”

- - -

Masao was laying on his back panting, after Sharp Sword had gotten going, it was hard to stop her,he was sore, but in an extremely good mood, he was also spent, he didn’t think he would be able to move even if—There was a knock at the door… Goddamnit…

“Who ever it is can come back later” said a very content Sharp Sword as she snuggled up to Masao, her fur sleek with sweat. The knocking became more insistent. Masao groaned as he rolled out of Sharp Sword’s grasp and into a standing position. Again there was knocking.

“Alright, alright already!” said Masao as he staggered to the door and flung it open, heedless to the fact he was naked, right until he saw who was on the other side of the door…

“Oh! Oh my…” said Celestia at this point Masao wanted to just crawl back into bed and disappear as he attempted to cover himself. a now irate Sharp Sword tossed the covers on top of her lover.

“Mine, back off princess” she said with no room for negotiations much to Masao’s relief as Celestia seemed to be fanning herself with her wing. “What do you want? Masao and I want to get some rest after our… Ah… Vigorous activities?” said the mare and Masao pulled himself deeper into the covers. trying to hide from the embarrassment.

“I am sure you do… Oh my…” Celestia said before she remembered what she was there for. “Masao, I need you to apprehend someone for the crown… You and Sharp Sword” said the solar diarch she said as she tried to sneak another peek as Masao attempted to move to the bathroom.

“Celestia, stop peeking at my mate” said Sharp Sword her teeth gritted, “Unless you intend to join our herd—?” Celestia went wide eyed as she shook her head, nope nope nope! Masao was her sisters’, both of them, Luna, and the reborn Evening Star, but that doesn’t mean she couldn’t look does it? “Then keep your eyes off” OK yes it does…

- - -

Masao stood completely armored, helm included, after he heard about who the target was he knew he had to be ready for anything. Beside him stood Sharp Sword, her own sword in its sheath as she swallowed hard, she looked at the building in front of her, it was one of the homes of one the most predominant unicorn families in Canterlot.

“Masao, is Celestia correct? Do you really think that—”

“Sharp Sword, don’t worry, nothing will happen, I am sure that Celestia is wrong, I hope she is…” said Masao his voice trailing off as they walked up to the door. The door to the Sparkle household…

Author's Note:

Shorter than usual but trust me it's all in the name of... CLIFFHANGERS!

PreviousChapters Next