• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,639 Views, 99 Comments

Return Of The Lunar Knight: A Sharp Sword's Knight - Moonlit Novel



Evening Star is dead, centuries have past and now Masao returns to Equestria, Bat Ponies in tow

  • ...
18
 99
 1,639

PreviousChapters Next
Common Era Chapter Seven/Post Lunar Rebellion Chapter Eight: Apprehension

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Common Era Chapter Seven/Post Lunar Rebellion Chapter Eight: Apprehension

Celestia sat with Shining Armor and Twilight, she even gotten her niece, Cadence, to join them, she did not want these young innocents to be in the house as her friends tore through it…

- - -

Masao use his shield to block a spell, thanking the spell resistant qualities of Lunarium as it splashed off the shield.

“DIE TRAITORS!” shouted Velvet Sparkle as she shot spell after spell trying to kill the duo, Masao being the obvious “tank” of the group entered first and was taking the most damage, or would have had his armor not been entirely made of Lunarium, and the opponent being an aristocrat unicorn who put too much stock in her magic.

“Stand down, Lady Sparkle, we are to arrest you in the name of the crown” said Masao only to have his helm knocked askew by a particular hard blast of magic.

“I will not surrender! You are nothing but a creature of darkness! And all that follow you are traitors! The lot of them!” said the crazed mare, “Long live the Dawn!” Masao’s jaw set, so she was going to fight to the death? Fine, let her, she will not win. Masao walked towards her, his armor getting beat again and again by the unicorn’s magic, some of it starting to flake off from the constant barrage, but it held strong and firm as he made his way to the now frantic mare. Velvet had started throwing furniture at the human only for it to bounce off a carefully constructed shield, for behind Masao was Sharp Sword, because she lacked proper armor, she had to rely on Masao for protect her from the heavy magic attacks that Lady Velvet Sparkle was using.

“It’s over” said Masao as he grabbed the unicorn by the neck and held her up, frustration and anger lending aid to his strength. However instead of fear being etched on her face, it was a smirk. The next thing Masao knew he was flying backwards two hoof shaped marks on the breastplate of his armor, Velvet Sparkle landing in a small pile on the ground coughing.

“Now then, while the brute is uncon—” started Velvet turning to Sharp Sword who had drawn her sword and was ready to fight. Masao stood up wheezing slightly, his helm knocked off his head, the look in his eyes rather murderous, and at the sound Velvet simply tsked. “Hornets Nest take care of that will you, he is such a depressing—hrk!” Sharp Sword had the blade of her épée pressed against Velvet’s neck, a slight cut which was beading with blood.


“I think you are going to—” Sharp Sword leaped back and landed lightly between Velvet Sparkle and Masao, her sword in a guarded position as Hornets Nest slammed the spot where she was before.

“I think, my dear, that these two mean to stop our friends honorable goals, perhaps it is time we should show them the way out? They don’t need to be breathing” said Velvet as her horn started to glow once more. Masao superimposed himself between Hornets Nest and Sharp Sword, the look in his eyes showing the look of an injured and hungry predator.

“Hey, love, think you can take on lady talks-a-lot?” asked Masao as he rolled his shoulders cracking the bones there, and down his back. He readied his shield and stepped towards the stallion, who, surprisingly, was almost as tall as Masao’s neck, meh, bigger target…

- - -

Shining Armor was hitting on her niece, something not entirely unexpected, she knew that the colt had some feelings for the filly, but to be so blatant… Not that she had any room to talk after what had happened this morning with Masao… Celestia blushed and her niece looked at her confused for a bit as the mare shook her head at the younger alicorn.

“Go, spend some time with Shining Armor, maybe you’ll hit it off” teased the princess much to young Twilight’s delight who starting singing “K-I-S-S-I-N-G” at the top of her lungs…

- - -

Masao stood over Hornets Nest, the sword in his hand twitching as if it could smell the fear in Hornets Nest. Masao, himself, was panting in an effort not to stab the pony, the bloodlust both from being human, and from the dark gift, egging him on saying things like, “He was going to kill you” or, “What’s to stop him from escaping and continuing to attack Celestia’s and Luna’s ponies?”

“You are not to move” he told the pony as he fell to his knees panting, his eyes closed. “Lord help me…” he thought aloud.

Sharp Sword dodged another magical strike from Velvet Sparkle, leaping and dodging the beams with a practiced ease that one could only get from experience.

“Come now, do you really think that I wouldn’t know how to fight my fellow unicorns? I mean my sister was a unicorn as well and she hits a hell of a lot harder than you.” taunted Sharp Sword, her blade now poised to strike. Leaping at the arrogant traitor, at least in her mind, Velvet unleashed a barrage of magic and threw several pieces of furniture around. All the while Sharp Sword closed on her, weaving in and out of the frantic attacks of Velvet Sparkle until she was right up on the enemy unicorn. “Checkmate, my dear] Lady Sparkle” Sharp Sword said her épée pointed directly at her fellow unicorn.

“Well then, kill me, that is what you are really here to do, isn’t it, come now, the creature is busy with Hornets Nest. It is not like you’ll get another chance to kill another of the Day’s Legion, go on you traitor to Equestria!” shouted Velvet and Sharp Sword drew her sword back…

- - -

Celestia was chuckling at a joke Shining had said, true it was rather immature, but she did not expect much from the youthful colt. Her niece however grimaced at the immature joke and fully intended to make the colt know how much she didn’t appreciate it when a guard rushed in and whispered something in her aunt’s ear and the much older alicorn stood up and walked out of the room…

- - -

“Ah, Lady Sparkle, how nice it is to see you. I see you cast your lot with those traitors in the Day’s Legion” said Celestia after she got to the royal court, the look on her face anything but forgiving.

“Ah the foolish princess shows herself, how does it feel, princess, to be a figurehead for Nightmare Moon? Surely you don’t think that creature is on your side now, do you?” asked Velvet Sparkle a snarky look on her face, despite the obvious bruise and goose egg growing on the side of her head where Sharp Sword had bashed her with the hilt of her sword.

“Do you want me to hit you again? I mean I really want to hit you again” said the aforementioned unicorn. Velvet Sparkle scoffed.

“You are no better than those Earth ponies who roll around in the dirt! Pathetic! HRCK!” Velvet’s rant was cut short as Masao grabbed her by the neck and hoisted her up to eye level.

“I can not understand how a caring filly like Twilight came from a home like yours” snarled Masao, he still felt like killing something, and Velvet tried to choke out a few words but Masao’s grip squeezed tighter.

“Ser Masao, don’t kill her, she still needs to stand trial, as it is, I would like for you to pick out some guards to guard her until this afternoon” said Celestia and Masao nodded dropping the unicorn who coughed and gagged as she fought to regain her breath.

“As you order Princess, Excuse me, I need to go and see if the training grounds are empty. I have to go break some things” at that Masao left the room.

“You’re lucky that Celestia was here, I am not sure I would have stopped him, Sparkle. If you knew anything from his history, you would know that he has little use for anypony that practices speciesism, even less so when it is ponies that practice it.” said Sharp Sword much to the surprise of the shackled mare and she attempted to access her magic, only to find it blocked. clasped around her horn was a ring covered in runes which apparently blocked magic.

“Hmm… Good to know that ring thing actually works, where’d you get it Princess?” asked Sharp Sword as two guards entered the room to escort the prisoner to the dungeon…

- - -

“How did this happen? How did they get a hold of Velvet Sparkle! Not a day ago her cover was secure!” said a unicorn stallion as he read the news reports that said that “A Day’s Legion member was arrested today in the city of Canterlot.” Which happened to coincide with the sudden stop of Velvet Sparkle’s reports. No matter, they would soon spring her out of the dungeon and out of Canterlot, hopefully with her children…

- - -

“And so another one goes down for the count, my dear, please send our gratitude to your sister…” the young unicorn mare groaned in annoyment, as her lover commented about her sister once again, “Now, now, I know you don’t really like her, but remember, she is helping us, whether she likes it or not”

Author's Note:

So, what happens now? Well, you'll find out next update! :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next