• Published 13th May 2012
  • 3,930 Views, 39 Comments

The Lone Whelp - Oneyearwarpilot



With no place of comfort this little dragon shall leave home and find solace.

  • ...
2
 39
 3,930

The Last Letter

The Last letter

Someday we all must go, and leave the home we've always known.

The rays of Celestia's sun shined upon Twilight, sleeping soundly on the rug she used as a substitute for her bed. She slowly opened her eyes, groaning and lifting her head from the floor. Wiping away the sleep dust from her eyes, she found the main room empty. "Spike?" she called out to her assistant, yet no answer no groans either. Slowly standing up and feeling a slight spasm course through her legs, she figured Spike was eating breakfast she headed to the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen, Twilight did not see Spike anywhere. Instead, she saw a letter scrolled up on top of the table. Encasing the letter with a lavender aura, she levitated it to her and unrolled it. What she saw in that letter had broken her heart in a million pieces. Then it hit her like Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom, Spike was still sick and in serious need of care.
_____________________________________________________________________

His head ached at first when writing the letter he spilled his emotions, his feelings and his thoughts into. Soon Spike knew it would be time to leave soon. Once he finished it, he hoped his message would be understood by Twilight. His message of his ongoing pain, the pain in his heart. He got up from the table and walked over to Twilight, who he gazed upon for maybe the last time. Spike smiled tenderly at Twilight, but also felt a rising sadness build up in him as tears started to flow freely from his eyes. He stroked Twilight’s mane gently and planted a kiss on her forehead. He slowly walked towards the door, looking back at what was his home.

Though it was not really his in the beginning, since he did not belong. Once he was outside, he could hear Owlicious calling from inside the library though he dismissed it and walked on towards his destination. The only sounds that were heard on that night was the creaking of the crickets, the wind blowing against the trees and the tiny footsteps of Spike. Outside the town, he looked back at Ponyville and gave a silent farewell, and wondered if he would truly be missed by its occupants.

He looked to his side to see Sweet Apple Acres and wondered if Applejack really did consider him a friend. He turned his gaze to a cloud that had a house on top and wondered if Rainbow would even remember him. His eyes fell upon the Sugarcube Corner, and could not remember the last time he was invited to one of Pinkie’s parties. He saw a cottage near the Everfree Forest and thought of how Fluttershy and how scared she is of dragons. He could see the Carousel and thought of how he had worked so hard to gain Rarity’s affection, though in reality he was just a servant to her as she had her eyes upon other stallions and he finally realized she would never be with Spike. Finally he looked at the library and more tears started to flow from his eyes. He suddenly remember all the times he was left behind and forced to do work whilst Twilight was galavanting with her new friends. Though he remembered the good times too, the few good times he had with them. He shook his head, wiping off the tears and looked down upon the village one last time.

“Goodbye, everypony.” he whispered to himself and walked to the train station.
_____________________________________________________________________

The sound of a mare crying her eyes out could be heard inside the house she resided in. Twilight Sparkle head lay on top of her forelegs, which rested on the kitchen table she was sitting at. Her hooves clutched the letter tightly to her muzzle, the words becoming smudged by the tears she was shedding. She lifted her head up to face the letter again, and read it through with even more tears escaping from her eyes.

Dear Twilight

If you are reading this, I am no longer here. Though, to be honest with you, it felt like I was never there at all.

Every time you went off adventuring, I was left behind to tend to this empty library. Do you remember the last time Pinkie invited me to a party? Almost never... but when I was, I was always made to work at those parties.Example would be when Celestia visited Sugarcube Corner, instead of talking to the mare who took care of me before I was handed to you, I spent that whole time cooking and working non stop to please the other attendants.

When you went to the Young Flyers’ Competition with Rainbow Dash and the others, you didn't even bother asking me if I wanted to go. Did you even consider whether I wanted to see Cloudsdale, that I wanted to walk on the clouds or even see where the rainbows are made?

Though what really disturbs me was when you left me at home to go celebrate your birthday with Rarity in Canterlot without taking me along with you. It still hurts you know? You and your closest friends and family are supposed to celebrate your birthday together, but I spent that day in Ponyville alone. I even wanted to give you a book you always wanted, to show you how much I appreciated you. Though now that I think about it, did you even appreciate the things I do for you everyday?

That night when we escaped those dragons and I called you guys my family, I was wrong. Family does not treat others like dirt, or make them cry like I did. I called myself a pony at heart, but I am not. I do not belong here, and you’ve made that clear with the treatment. You and the others made me realize that I do not belong with you at all. So I will be going now, and find the place where I belong.

Goodbye
Spike

Twilight gasped for air before screaming and slamming her hoof on the table. Dropping her head to the table, she continued sobbing in sorrow and angst of what has happened. With more tears coming from her eyes, she banged her hoof on the table multiple times before bringing her front legs to her head that absorbed some tears. A single thought ran through her head, that pierced her mind like a rapier piercing the flesh of somepony.

What have I done?!
___________________________________________
This chapter and the rest of the story are being collabed by me and TheMyth.

Comments ( 4 )

Thank Cry-sis! It is updated!

Poor spike, I feel so bad for the little guy.

This story is starting to get very good

I like it so far.

Please, please, you and TheMyth does have to continue this. The one thing that has to happened for Spike to feel that he is truly loved by his friends and family, and feel like he belongs in Ponyville with them, is for not only Twilight but everypony of the Mane Six to go in search of him. They need to be there for him more than ever. I just hope it isn't too late. Please continue with this fanfic. I feel for Spike so badly. :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment