• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 2,704 Views, 26 Comments

How to Win a Princess's Heart - KatPocketMonster



How to win a Princess's heart is easy and there are three easy steps on how to do it! but, this is no ordinary Princess, This is The co-ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia!

  • ...
12
 26
 2,704

Step Three: Show a Mare you Got the Moves

Looking through scrolls that have been sent to her from various ponies, Princess Celestia skims through them only to notice a stamped scroll. Raising her eyebrow delicately in interest, Celestia picks it up with her magic and opens it up and begins to read what was written.

Dear Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

With great honor, we would like to request that you and your younger sister, Luna, to attend the 1001th anniversary and your ruling of Canterlot tomorrow evening at the Grand Hall. We hope that you will find the time for you and Princess Luna to be present on the party. Please let us know whether you can or cannot join us for whatever reason.

Best regards,
The Mayor of Canterlot, Florescence Beam.

Reading through the scroll a few more times, Celestia gets an idea. Quickly rolling up the scroll, she brings out an empty scroll and a quill, setting them down on her desk, she starts to write her reply.

Dear Mayor Florescence Beam.

My sister and I would happily attend this special occasion, also, if I may, I would like to invite a special friend of mine. We will be looking forward to tomorrow evening.

With Regards,
Princess Celestia.

Rolling up the scroll with a smile, she puts the royal Equestrian stamp on it and sends the scroll to the mayor. Standing up, she makes her way out of her room to inform Luna and her 'special friend' on the celebration that will be happening tomorrow evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock, knock, knock

Laying in a large bed, Discord rolls over under his blanket mumbling in his slumber.

Knock, knock, knock

Scrunching up his closed eyes in annoyance at the constant knocking, he sits up and faces the direction of the noise. Opening his eyes sleepily at hearing the knocking for a third time he finally responds.

"Yes yes, who is it!?" Was his, clearly irritated, reply.

"Discord it's me, I'd like to talk with you for a moment."

Suddenly becoming more awake, Discord bolts to the door. Making sure he looked like his handsome self, he slowly opens the door to see the smiling face of Princess Celestia.

"Um, good morning Princess, is there something I can help you with?" Swallowing the extra saliva that was building up in his mouth, he nervously looks into Celestia's eyes to wait for her response.

"Yes well, first of all I wanted to apologize for my poor excuse of my behavior late yesterday evening," Celestia quietly said before continuing in a more clearer tone, "as an apology, I would like you to accompany me and my sister to the 1001th anniversary party of my ruling her in Canterlot tomorrow evening." She finished as she smiled up at the now surprised face of Discord.

"It's all OK Princess, I should have noticed that you had other things in mind," Discord sheepishly replied "and has it really been that long already? Why, I would be honored to attend with your Highness's in this wonderful celebration!" Grinning charmingly to Princess Celestia as he straightened up in front of her.

"Wonderful! I shall meet you at the entrance so we can take the carriage down to the Hall." Celestia smiled widened when Discord accepted, feeling much less guilty than before her arrival at his door.

"Why of course Princess! I shall see you tomorrow evening."

Now feeling oddly blissful, Celestia says her goodbyes and makes her way back to her room to finish her days work. Finally more at peace after her encounter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After closing his door, Discord walks past his desk, only for that dreaded book to catch his eye. Remembering that there was only one chapter left, he hesitantly picks up the book and turns to the third, and last, chapter.

"'You have finally made it to the last step!'" Discord read to himself "'Step Three: Ask your mare for a romantic dance under the moonlight'" Snapping the book shut, Discord looks out of his window to watch the raising sun.

"This must be destiny! Tomorrow at the celebration party, I shall ask Princess Celestia to dance with me! She has to notice my affections with that!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day that evening, Discord stands waiting beside the carriage for the two Princess's to arrive. Hearing the large Oak doors opening, Discord turns to see the Princess's smiling at him as they make their way up to him.

"Good evening Discord I should hope that you'll be on your best behavior?" Luna says, grinning slyly to Discord as he grins back.

"Sister, please don't give him any ideas."

After all three of them shared a good laugh, Discord opens the carriage door for the Princess's to enter first.

"After you, your highness's!"

"Hmm so far so good."

"Luna..." Celestia jokingly warns as Discord hold in his chuckles.

"Ahem, my apologizes, let us make hast immediately before we become unfashionably late!" Luna replied in her usually 'Royal Canterlot voice' as they sat down inside the carriage as Discord sits across from them.

"Guards! We are ready to depart when you are ready."

"On our way your highness's!" the four Pegasus Guards towing the carriage replied to Celestia as they started to make their way to the Hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good evening Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, Oh! And of course Discord, for attending this wonderful celebration!" A Bright yellow stallion with a neatly combed white mane, Mayor Florescence Beam, greeted as the three immortals exited the carriage.

"Good evening to you also Mayor, we wouldn't miss it for the world" Celestia replied as they all trotted inside to be greeted by hundreds of ponies of all kinds either dancing, eating or chatting to each other in the large hall.

Saying their goodbyes to the Mayor, Luna makes an excuse and quickly departs to the other end of the Hall to greet one of her friends, leaving a confused Celestia and a fidgeting Discord alone at the entrance.

"Say uh Princess, would you.....like to dance?" Discord mumbles quietly, but enough for Celestia to hear.

"Would later be OK? I um, need to talk to my sister for a moment." Flashing a quick smile, she briskly walks to where she last seen Luna.

"Oh....OK then Celestia, I'll just be waiting here...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahem pardon me, but could I please speak to my sister for a moment?" Celestia asked the green and yellow Unicorn stallion that was talking to her sister in the far corner of the Hall. Nodding quickly he says his fare wells and walks away leaving Celestia and Luna alone.

"Is something the matter sister?" Luna Questioned as she noticed her sister looked odd.

"Luna I think...I-I think Discord um may 'like' me." Celestia quickly says.

"Really?.......I haven't noticed."

"Pardon?" Celestia questioned, not having heard the last part.

"Um never mind!" Luna quickly says "And what would be the problem with that?" She continues.

"....Um....."

"Sigh look, dear sister of mine, why not ask him to talk outside and get everything cleared up?"

"Alright Luna, I think that's a good idea..." Hugging her sister in thanks, she turns to go back to where Discord was.

"Wait!" Luna yells quickly to get Celestia's attention "What ever happens, please keep in mind of his feelings, we don't want what happened yesterday to happen again."

"Of course Luna, I am not making the same mistake again." Turning back, Celestia trots back over to where she last seen Discord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(▰˘◡˘▰)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Discord?"

Freezing up Discord spins around to face the nervous looking Princess. Face stuffed with assorted pastries, he mumbles back a reply.

"Mres Mrinserss?" Forcefully swallowing the pastries he repeats his question "Yes Princess?"

"Could I speak with you outside for a moment please?"

"Uh of course?"

Making their way outside they walk their way to a small hill not far away. Turning to face Discord, Celestia finally brings up the courage to ask the question that was floating in her head.

"Discord, these last couple of days," letting the question hang for a few seconds she carefully continues "were you trying to court me?"

Oh no oh no oh no! Panicked, Discord looks around to try and find an excuse, finding none. He slumps his shoulders in defeat.

"Yes princess, but I have always liked you since the very beginning. Only these last few days was it that I actually tried to show them." And failed all three times terribly he silently thought.

Eyes widening in surprise, steps back a little, watching Discord look to the ground sadly.

"I-I never knew, for all these years? Why haven't you said anything sooner?"

"B-because I was.....scared and it was clear you didn't like me all those years ago." Discord responded as he looked up at the Princess. "I-I'm sorry.....I shouldn't have said anything at all!" Closing his eyes he raises his talon to disappear, only to be forced not to by Celestia.

"No, please don't go Discord," Celestia hesitated with the next part "I um may not have noticed your intentions all of this time, but I'm willing to......'give it a shot' as ponies these days say." Blushing embarrassingly she releases Discords talon.

"W-what!? You would? Really!?" He couldn't believe what he just heard those words leaving Celestia's mouth. Seeing her nod, he couldn't hold back his happiness! Wrapping his paws/claws around the surprised Princess's neck he pulls her in and kisses her squarely on her muzzle.

Pulling away out of embarrassment and surprise, they hear laughing behind them. Both turning they see Luna grinning suggestively at them both.

"Should I call for a room for you both? Or should I arrange a priest?"

"Luna!" Both Celestia and Discord yelled in union.

"Hehe, I'm sorry! But I just wanted to say congratulations! I am very happy for you both" Smiling at the new couple, Luna spreads her wings and fly's back to the Grand Hall, leaving the heavily blushing pair behind.

All three steps may have not worked for Discord in the best of ways, some not at all! But they have helped him become closer to Princess Celestia in the end. Let's just hope Discord can up his good behavior with having Celestia by his side.

~Fin~

Author's Note:

And that's the end! Hope you enjoyed the final installment of "How to Win a Princess's Heart", sorry it ended kinda quickly! I was never good at ending stories..... Anyway, please leave a review on how it all went!

Comments ( 5 )

aaawww
so cute that ending :3
i really did enjoy this story :D
i would love to read a sequel ^^

5416678
so glad you liked it! :twilightsmile:
I shall think about a sequel in the future

5416679
I may write a sequel in the future! :twilightsmile:

For me this is just a huge reference to Q and Janeway in 'The Q and the Grey' from Star Trek: Voyager, I love this fic! :heart:

Login or register to comment