• Published 15th Dec 2014
  • 2,703 Views, 26 Comments

How to Win a Princess's Heart - KatPocketMonster



How to win a Princess's heart is easy and there are three easy steps on how to do it! but, this is no ordinary Princess, This is The co-ruler of Equestria, Princess Celestia!

  • ...
12
 26
 2,703

Step One: Flowers for a Pretty Pony

"Ahh, once again her sunset is simply remarkable and as always unique."

Resting on one of the many balconies outside of the castle, Discord lay there, resting his head on his paws/claws as he stares with a goofy expression at the setting sun. Sighing once the sun has disappeared behind the distant mountains, Discord chanced a glance at the balcony a few towers beside him. With her head raised and her magic flared, Princess Celestia finishes her duty for another day. Still watching, Discord admires her from a distance, as he has for more than a thousand years. At the very thought he frowned, thinking how pathetic that is. He would probably be the oldest living Draconequus or any living creature at that! To hold a secret affection for another, without it being noticed in any way.

Sitting back up, he quickly slithers his way into the room and starts searching for books on romance and confessions, anything to help him win the mares heart that lies in the not so distant tower. Humming to himself as he quickly skims through his 12th book, he finds something that catches his eye. "How To Win a Mares Heart in Three Easy Steps" was what he read, grinning happily the hugs the small book to his chest and snaps his talons, vanishing in a cloud of smoke.

"Hehehe ohboyohboyohboy, this is going to work marvelously! Even the book says that its 'easy'! Now my embarrassingly long admiration can finally come to an end! Mwahaha-ahem.

Sitting on his 'throne' in his room, Discord quickly opens the book to the first chapter which read "Step One: Give the Mare of your Dreams a bouquet of her favorite Flowers!" His smile dimmed, he's already done that! Now frowning, Discord reads through the chapter seeing nothing that could help him. Slamming the book shut, he decided to 'wing it' and try his own way at giving her flowers, yet again.

"Lets just hope she notices this time..." Discord muttered to himself as he vanishes once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~★~(◡﹏◕✿)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting at her large desk, Princess Celestia quietly reads her latest weekly 'friendship report' from her former student, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Huffing in amusement at what she read, she failed to notice the knocking at her rooms door. Fully engrossed in her reading, Celestia finally finishes the extra long 'friendship report'. Putting the scroll away in one of her files, she stands and stretches her aching legs and wings for sitting for so long and makes her way to the door. Upon opening the said door, she blinked in surprise and confusion at seeing an oddly, shy, Discord with his arms behind his back and using his only hoof pawed at the imaginary dirt on the carpet.

"Why hello Discord, this is certainly a surprise to see you this late, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Ahem, yes, hello to you also Princess...." clearing his throat, he looks up at Celestia and looks into her pale magenta eyes.
"..."

"....."

"........"

"Um, is there anything I can help you with?" Celestia asks hesitantly as Discord looks at her in a goofy way, turning her head over her shoulder to check if its something behind her, but sees nothing. "Is something the matter?" she asks again when she turns back to him.

"Oh! Oh um yes! Yes! Um......Here!" Throwing his once hidden arms at Celestia, forgetting how close she was standing and accidentally shoves the brightly colored flowers right into her face and muzzle. "Oh dear, I am so sorry Princess!" quickly he brings his arms to his chest and nervously watches Princess Celestia for any negative reactions.

"Ah.....Ahhh.........ACHOOO! Oh my...." Quickly turning her sniffly face away and grabs a nearby tissue to clean her muzzle of the pollen and mucus before turning back to Discord, blushing in embarrassment at a non-regal action.

"I am dreadfully sorry Princess! I honestly didn't mean for that to happen, I didn't know you were um, standing that close. Oh and bless you" Gulping nervously he shakily hands her the boutique of her favorite assorted flowers to her. "Um these are for you, your majesty".

"Why thank you Discord sniff ahem pardon me, these are lovely, I didn't know that you knew what my favorite assorted flowers were?" With a small smile upon her muzzle, she uses her magic to take the flowers out of his paws/claws and takes a careful whiff of the pleasant aroma the flowers were giving off. "They smell delightful, but what are these for may I ask?" She looks at Discord with her head tilted in question.

"Oh um just a lucky guess?" Truthfully Discord actually read the book on "Equestria's Alicorn's" and looked at the chapter that tells the biography on Princess Celestia, what she doesn't know wont hurt her. "I just wanted to...give a pretty pony some flowers." He grinned bashfully up at her but quickly dimmed when he noticed she had her eye brow raised in a questioning manner.

"'Pretty pony'?"

"Um did I say 'pretty pony'!? I meant beautiful mare! Yeah uh that's it! Hehe...heh." Wringing his paws/claws together nervously and tries not to make eye contact with the questioning Princess in front of him.

"Um why thank you Discord, that's very nice of you." Looking behind her again out the large window to see that her sister has already raised her moon. "I'm sorry Discord I must go and have my supper with my sister before it gets to late and she starts to wonder where I am and thank you again for the lovely flowers." Smiling again she moves the bouquet of flowers into an empty vase on her desk, nodding to Discord, she makes her way down the hall to where her sister is waiting patiently to enjoy their evening meal.

"Yes, you're welcome Princess, I will see you again and enjoy your meal." Once Celestia turned the corner, he lowering his head in disappointment at yet another fail with flowers, he snaps his talons and vanishes to his room to read the next chapter in "How to Win a Mares Heart in Three Easy Steps".

"Step One was a complete and utter failure! I just hope step two is much more successful, or I'll he having a friend little chat to the author"

Author's Note:

I know I said that I wouldn't write stories anymore, but I had an idea pop in my head a few days ago of this story and I had to write it before I forget it! Oh and this will be a short three chapter story by the way, hope I don't disappoint any of you. Cant write long stories. Sorry!
Anyway I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of "How to Win a Princess's Heart" and that you're looking forward to chapter two coming soon! Hopefully within the week, got to do some of my studies first, yippee...

I've edited the chapter myself but if you find any errors please message me so I can correct them!