• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 752 Views, 9 Comments

Castlevania: Shadow Within The Moon - Darksoma



Octavia, a simple earth pony, must use her powers of soul collecting to fight off a creature know as the Shadow.

  • ...
2
 9
 752

Prologue Rewrite PREVIEW: Under The Silhouetting Moon

Author's Note:

Hope you like the update!

“Someone is supposed to meet me here, right?” I trotted forward, turning my head to looking around the dark, foggy forest path, which seemed to be covered in small patches of grass. Tall trees line the edge of the dirt path, which continued forward into the strange, dark fog that had blanketed the entire forest. “Maybe they’re waiting for me up ahead?” I began to look ahead of me. “I don’t think the princesses would ask me to come to the Forest of the Lost without an escort. I know the rumors…” Softly, I sighed and continued moving forward, feeling my Katana bounce slightly off my side in its holster. As I kept trotting, the silhouette of a hooded pony began coming into view, though it was difficult to tell who it was, as they were wearing a dark cloak, and it appeared their coat was a dark shade too.

Whoever it was, though, they seemed very tall. As I kept moving closer, I began to notice other details about the figure. They seemed to have a set of wings, which poked out of the side of the cloak and were closed against the side of the pony. I paused before I Suddenly noticed a long horn that stuck out of their head. This pony was an alicorn.

Then, it all clicked in my mind. A pony with a dark coat, and is an alicorn. "Princess Luna?" Slowly, she turned her head to look at me, before pulling the hood of her cloak off, revealing the regal face of the Princess of the Night.

"Hello, Miss Octavia," Luna said, giving me a small smile. "It is nice to finally meet you."

"Um, nice to meet you too, Princess Luna." I just stood there, not knowing what to say. "I, um, expected an escort, but I never expected it
would be by one of the Princesses."

"Ah, well at the moment, we're short on guards, as they've been protecting whoever they can from the Shadow's attacks. We really couldn't risk losing more to this dreaded forest." She explained as she looked down at me.

"I see. I guess that makes sense."

"Indeed." Quickly, Luna began turning around, before looking at me over her shoulder. "Come now. We better get moving, before we lose the path. They do not call this place the Forest of Lost Souls for nothing."

"Oh, right." I nodded, before trotting up next to her, as we began walking down the dirt path.

Comments ( 2 )

hello fellow castlevania writer. :D also Soma Octavia? neat concept. For me; it's Luna as Alucard

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/64819/castlevania-harmony-of-the-night

8364990
Hello, and basically, yup.
Very interesting. If I have time, I'll take a look at your story

Login or register to comment