• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 1,654 Views, 12 Comments

A lonely mares dream - Ghost Cobbraaa



An abstract look at Fluttershy's loneliness, and how she dreams of one pony in particular.

  • ...
5
 12
 1,654

The story

The colors around just seemed to glow with vibrancy as sunlight shot off from each and every bit of floral that decorated the Canterlot Garden. Not a cloud in the sky to block the view of the sun as it bathed the aria with light while a cool breeze made sure the outside temperature was just right. Fluttershy was dresses in the same gown she had worn when she attended the gala so many moths ago. After all the time, it was as if the dress was tailored yesterday.

She smiled and bent down to inhale the fragrance of the yellow and red flowers on an edge of the garden overlooked by a stone fountain and lined with a cobble-stone walk way. The corner of the garden was named perfectly: 'Serenity Square'. As gental as everything was, iot teemed with lif of birds singing there tunes and other small creatures going about there daily business.

Fluttershy brought her head up and looked toward the direction of the castle. Her eyes grew wide and the joy on her face was undeniable. Making her way down the cobble stone pathway, was a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane, all dressed up in the same gown from the gala. And just like Fluttershy's, the fabric was clean enough to be brand new. Fluttershy's heart pumped agents her chest, trying to force a punch on her ribcage with each beat. She could feel her hooves grow tired and weak, yet as much as her limbs shacked, she stood there staring at Rainbow Dash with a cheerful smile.

Dash walked up to her and Fluttershy found herself standing a half a meter from her companion. Bright magneta eyes told the whole tale. Fluttershy wondered if giving the cyan pony a hug right there would make Rainbow Dash angry for ruining her dress. She bit the bottom of her lip and blushed bright red under the calm and loving gaze of her vary dear friend. She decided to throw all caution to the wind.

Fluttershy stepped forward and wrapped her hooves around the neck, squeezing as tight as she could without hurting her beloved. Both ponies dresses were being ruffled, though nopony seemed to care. Fluttershy closed her eyes tight as she held on with all her remaining strength, as if holding on to this rainbow-maned pony would be the only thing keeping her alive, when she felt two hooves wrap around her. Her heart pumped too fast for words, pounding agents her insides. Her whole body was shaking from weakness when she felt a small kiss on her neck. Without warning, she collapsed, unable to support her wait on two shaking hooves. The two ponies fell to the ground together, landing on plush grass next to the cobble stone.

When Fluttershy opened her eyes, all she saw were two magneta understanding eyes peering into her vary sole. As if Rainbow Dash could see far beyond her skin. It was intimidating, yet she wanted Dash to see all. She wanted Rainbow Dash, and only Rainbow Dash, to know all her secrets, her moods, her ambitions, he sole. Someone she could share everything with, and know that she would never be betrayed.

Staring into each others eyes, laying on plush grass under a fountain, dressed in now matted and ruffled dresses, the two ponies pressed there lips together. There was no fireworks, no romantic music, but it wouldn't have been any less amazing if there had been for the shy pegasus. Her eyes closed and her lips soaking up the taste of a pony she wanted to share a supernatural bond with.

The two broke away. Rainbow Dash looked at her with eyes so full of gentle love.

"I love you, fluttershy." her voice was soft and mellow.

Within a few seconds, the crack of lightning sent the yellow pegasus to a jump. Her eyes shot wide open and she scanned across her room. It couldn't have been any more then six in the morning. The rain pounded ageist the window panes with a smooth rhythematic white noise. Darkness crept around her empty room, and emptiness crept around her heart. She was alone in that room. No matter how tightly she could hug that pillow as she fell into slumber, the pillow would never look at her with loving eyes, or talk to her on boring days, or be a friend, or tell her that it loved her.

Fluttershy never imagined that she could be too tired to fall asleep, yet that's how she felt. Tired. Tired and empty all around.

"I... had a good dream."

No response.

She tightened her eyes as the feeling of being utterly alone overwhelmed her. There was never any response. Just silence. A tear rolled down her cheek and died on her pillow. Fluttershy couldn't keep her mind away from the look in the imaginary Rainbow Dash's eye as she said those three words she wanted to hear from somepony so desperately. Those three words that signified that someone cares for you, and is willing to make sacrifices for you.

No.

She wouldn't live like this. This isn't how she has to spend each life. Fluttershy felt energy she never knew she had flow through her veins. Her heart felt weak and delicate, yet her muscles filled with life. With a thud, she leaped out of the bed and trotted to the door. A yellow hoof shot out and opened the door with one aggressive motion. The storm outside was raging, but this couldn't wait for the storm to end. With her head down, she ran out at full speed into the rain.

It didn't matter that she was soaking wet with in a few seconds. It didn't matter that she felt a powerful bump in her chest evry time lightning striked. She ran. Her usually long and glossy mane hung wet and limp from her head as the yellow pony shot through the storm. Her face filled with aggression and determination.

Fluttershy ran.

Her heart rose into her through as she saw a lonely apple tree in full bloom in the middle of the clearing. Her pace slowed to a walk. When she was inches away from the cover of the tree that would protect her from the rain, she looked at the cyan pegasus that was occupying the space.

Rainbow Dash stood there gleefully with a big smile. It was as if she didn't notice the storm at all. As if it was just a bright shiny day. She gave a look of joy to the drenched yellow mare in front of her.

"Hay, fluttershy. What's up?"

"Rainbow Dash?"

"Yah?"

"I love you." she didn't hesitate, she didn't fear the consequences, she didn't even care what the consequences would be.

Fluttershy, the shy yellow mare, stepped under the cover of the apple tree. Not another night was ever spent alone.

Comments ( 12 )

It's rather quick, and cuts out on a lot of their relationship; but, it's a nice one-shot story. :pinkiesmile:

Also, I'm not sure where you're going with the "blue eyes" thing, but it sounds like you're trying to say RD has blue eyes... if so, you should know that they're actually maroon. :rainbowderp:

It doesn't really earn a thumbs up from me, but I've seen so many horrible attempts here before that I should note this is far from a thumbs down.

One thing I would suggest is fixing the spelling errors on the story's description page; they give the impression that the rest of the story may be like that as well, and readers will stay far away from any story with bad spelling mistakes, and even thumbs down it before giving it a chance. :scootangel:

If I were to rate it in it's current state, I'd have to give it 1.5 stars. :coolphoto:

tbh i really enojyed that :) you have earned yourself your first thumbs up and a new fan! 4/5 stars :)

506892

it wasnt realy ment to be a story, more of a... damn, I don't know what you would call it. A poetic wrighting (?) a prompt (?)

the point is that I left out the charactor development and evrything for a reasion. There is not suposed to be an actual story line. It's just... poetry (?) Not sure what it is realy. But not realy a story.

I think the 1.5 stars is a little of a low ball, but I respect your opinion :pinkiesmile:


506907

wow, thank you :twilightblush:

Can't faveret this becuaes it's romantic, and you know how I have a very pregedics tast for the darker themes. But this is anther nice brack from all that:trollestia:

This had a bunch of spelling mistakes that need fixing; most notable one is where you've spelt 'genital' instead of 'gentle' :P

507616

FUCK M.S.N SPELLCHEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
507129
realy? I was expecting the "ewwwww, romance' from you :rainbowlaugh:

507616


Uhm, I re-read it and I can't find that spacic error. Care to help? :twilightsheepish:

512223 I found it! Second paragraph, beginning of last sentence. :twilightsmile:

Other than a few spelling mistakes, it was good. :pinkiesmile:

513731

thank you =D and sorry, having a 'genital smile' is not suposed to be part of the story :raritywink:

Not a bad little one shot. Kinda choppy and the spelling is a little confusing at times but still well worth the read :twilightsmile:

506892 They aren't maroon either, maroon is a very dark red. Rbd's eyes are more of the less either magenta more of a Wine Color or A Pinkish Rose. Actually yes, they are a Pinkish Rose Or A Bright Magenta. But i certianley think that they are a Pinkish Rose.:rainbowderp::derpyderp1::derpyderp2::derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment