• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,309 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,309

PreviousChapters Next
Uncomfortable Relaxation

////
Uncomfortable Relaxation
////

“Why are there even gender separated hot springs?” Alex groaned, closing his eyes and leaning against Spike’s shoulder, “And why was I woken up to come down here?”

The group had teleported deep underground to the amazingly kept hot springs beneath Canterlot. The entire area was encased within some kind of red granite, that made up all the walls that surrounded them. There were several paths carved out of stone that led to rooms filled with various spa equipment. However, since Celestia and Luna rarely used the area, it was completely deserted, which felt a little eerie.

Upon inspecting the hot springs after the tour, they found that there were actually two different pools with a massive wall that separated them. These walls didn’t reach the roof, however. One could peer over if they flew themselves up high enough.

So, being the older brother he was, Shining decided to make sure that they broke up by their gender, and that one royal Captain was stationed in each pool, to prevent peeking between pools, despite the fact that there was really nothing to see by spying between the pools.

“You’re a soldier,” Shining Armor said sternly, “and as a captain, I have the ability to call you to arms at any time of the day.”

“Then why did Dash have to come?” Alex grumbled, “Why wasn’t she allowed to veto that?”

“Because I’ve been around longer,” Shining continued, “I have final say if the two of us have differing opinions.”

Alex didn’t respond again, he just snuggled more in to Spike’s shoulder.

“You know, if you get any closer, Rarity might get jealous,” Spike laughed, shifting only slightly as to not disturb Alex.

“She can cuddle Dash in return,” Alex chuckled softly.

“Why the heck are you so tired?” Chet asked, looking around the open pool surrounding them.

“He didn’t get any sleep on the way back,” Alpha pointed out, “He and Dash were all over their wedding plans.”

“What have they got so far?” Chet asked, assuming that Alex was too tired to respond.

“Well, I heard that they wanted the ceremony to be in Canterlot, like Shining Armor’s.” Alpha said, looking over to the disapproving brother, before clearing his throat and looking back to Alex’s uncle, “I wouldn’t have pegged Dash to be the type that would be excited for a wedding though.”

“Oh, sure she is,” Spike responded, “I mean, if you ask me, deep down, she’s never really been that much of a tomboy.”

Alpha scratched his chin, “You think so?”

“She seems like a pretty big tomboy to me,” Shining tried to add in, feeling that he had a good understanding of the mare he served two years with.

“No way!” Spike shook his head, “She spent a ton of time with Rarity when Alex went missing the first time, right around the time that I turned in to a pony.”

“What did she say to her?” Chet asked, fairly interested in the gossip.

“Well, I mean, at the time, they thought Alex was long gone,” Spike continued, trying to recall as many details as he could, “And at the time, Dash was pretty inconsolable. She talk all sorts about being able to come out of her shell.”

“Shell?” Shining asked, “No way…”

“It’s true!” Spike laughed at Shining Armor’s disbelief, “She tries to act all cool, but when her and Rarity really got going, they would talk about what they considered a perfect date to be, or how they wanted to get married… Dash has even had her wedding dress picked out since she was a filly!”

“That’s adorable!” Chet laughed, looking to Alex to see his reaction, however there was none.

“Really?” Shining asked, “What kind of dress does she want?”

“Does it need to be aerodynamic?” Alpha asked, earning a laugh from everypony in the group, including Shining.

“No,” Spike shook his head still smirking at the comment, “Apparently one night when she was a filly, she stumbled on her mom’s old wedding dress in the attic of her house, and totally fell in love with it.”

“How old is the style though?” Shining asked, “Is it all poofy or something?”

“Not at all,” Spike shook his head, “It was very sleek. She brought it to Rarity, and she fixed it up, and added some of her own touches.”

“What kind of touches?” Alex murmured, obviously listening to the conversation.

“You don’t want me to spoil the surprise, do you?” Spike said, shifting to the side, forcing Alex to catch himself, or fall face first in to the hot spring.

Yawning, he laughed and nodded, “Dash has definitely kept a few things secret from me in our wedding planning, and the dress is a big one.”

“Why is that?” Alpha asked, “It’s not really customary for a bride to dress up in the hive.”

“Just old superstitions,” Alex said dismissively, assuming that this world shared that with his own, “Could cause bad luck ponies would say.”

“So wait, is that the only reason that you think Dash is girly?” Chet asked.

“No way!” Spike shook his head, “She even has a different dress for the reception!”

“Well, have you got something that’s not… dress related?” Shining asked.

“Uh…” Spike scratched his chin.

“She’s dying to learn to dance,” Alex spoke up, “Said she wants to really impress everypony with our moves.”

“That seems like more of a challenge to me,” Alpha shook his head.

“Oh no no no,” Alex returned, shaking his head, “When she talks about it, it’s not something for her to conquer, it’s all about showing the world how in sync we are with each other.”

“In sync?” Chet said, tilting his head, “Isn’t that a band?”

“It’s NSync,” Alex waved his hoof, as if a finger were attached, “And I’d still bang Justin Timberlake if I got the opportunity… that may or may not be Dax talking, by the way.”

Nopony really knew what to make of his rambling, but Alex didn’t give them enough of a chance to dwell on it.

“Dash has been bugging me to take dance lessons with her, so we can learn some kind of super-intricate dance,” He explained further, “I, on the other hoof, only desire sleep.”

“Well, what kind of dances can you do?” Alpha asked, “If you practice some more basic movements, the advanced ones will be a lot easier to master.”

“I don’t know anything!” Alex huffed, sitting back in the water and crossing his arms. “I can barely stand on my back legs!”

“Actually, I had a terrible time with that too,” Spike said, “Rarity had me learning all sorts of stuff so she could show me off in Canterlot at her fashion events. Water helped me get used to moving around on my back legs, because it sorta helps keep you up.”

Moving to a deeper part of the pool, Alex stood up, and had to admit, it did make a world of difference.

“Is there any chance Dash would have our dance be done in a pool?” Alex asked, shrugging and shaking his own head, “I’m pretty sure the answer to that one is obvious.”

“So you just need to practice some basic dance moves right now,” Alpha said, “Something tells me that the girls are going to be here a while, so you’ll probably have some time to get them down.”

“Well, I could try and grab Dash to come over here, but something tells me that she doesn’t want to be watched by all you guys while we practice.” Alex frowned slightly.

“We could move pools,” Chet suggested, “Just leave the two of you here.”

“Nope.” Shining said.

The tension in the pool started to build up to where it had been before this conversation.

“Well, I’ll just have to take my chances,” Alex shrugged, heading back to the edge of the pool.

“Oh, wait!” Alpha said quickly, “I have an idea!”

Everypony looked to him expectedly.

“I know a couple of things, I can just teach you,” He said with a smile, wading toward the middle of the water, as Alex awkwardly made his way back, “I was trained in all sorts of infiltration strategies, and sometimes you need to dance to get in somewhere.”

“But I’m supposed to lead,” Alex said, cocking an eyebrow, “Do you know both parts?”

With a wink, A green flame enveloped Alpha’s body, as the black skin that covered him, was replaced by a cyan coat, and a rainbow mane.

“Holy.” Spike began.

“Buck.” Chet finished.

Standing in front of them, was Alpha, disguised as Rainbow Dash.

“Come on, big guy, show me your moves,” Alpha said, his voice a perfect copy of Dash’s.

“I’m… not sure if I like this…” Alex said slowly, getting a strong urge to back away from the confusingly beautiful man.

“Don’t be so shy, come on!” Dash- er… Alpha said.

Reaching forward, Alpha placed Alex’s arms around his waist, and in turn wrapped his own around the white stallion’s neck.

“Now, we’re going to practice the box step, before we move on to more complicated stuff,“ Alpha said, kicking Alex’s left leg, “Take a step forward with that leg, then move your right leg up and to the right.”

“Uhh, okay…” Alex said, looking down at the blurry water, trying to track his movements as he fumbled his movements.

“Then move your left leg to your right- just like that,” Alpha said, “Now move your right leg back a step, and cross your left back to where it started.”

“Uh… okay?” Alex said, somehow making his way through one rotation of the box step.

“This is so weird…” Spike whispered to Shining Armor.

“I… Yeah, it really is.” The stallion agreed.

“Don’t focus on your feet,” Alpha said, “You need to look at your partner.”

Alex gulped loudly, and slowly brought his gaze up to meet that of his beautiful bride to be.

The two then began moving together, eyes locked between them.

And after some time passed, it actually seemed as if they had begun to make some progress. It had taken a few minutes of determination and movement, but Alex found himself getting more and more confident in his movements with Alpha, and actually began taking lead in their basic movements, by lightly guiding her- uh… him, in their synchronized movements. Even Spike and Shining Armor had to agree that it was looking better and better as time went on.

“Hey, Alex!” Dash’s voice suddenly called, as she poked her head over the divider between the two springs, “What do you think about— uh…”

Alex, Alpha, Spike, Shining and Chet all looked up to the mare with horror in their eyes.

“I… um… I don’t… really know where to go with this…” Dash said slowly, tilting her head at her soon to be husband, and the exactly copy of herself dancing with him in the pool.

“He was just helping me with some dance moves! So we can look good at the wedding!” Alex said instantly, trying to play off the incredibly awkward scene.

“Riiiiiiiight,” Dash scratched her chin, “Listen, I’m just gonna go over here, and pretend I didn’t see anything.”

“Wait!” Alex said, stopping the mare from leaving, “You’re not mad… are you?”

Dash pursed her lips and crinkled her nose.

“Just confused,” She said slowly, lowing herself from the wall, out of their sight, “Just really, really… confused.”

////

PreviousChapters Next