• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,303 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,303

PreviousChapters Next
See ya' Chet

////
See ya’ Chet
////

The following weeks after the DZ incident, the group of friends spent most of their time relaxing, with some other small activates thrown in the mix.

Alex and Dash had spent most of their time planning what aspects of their wedding couldn’t be handled by either Rarity or Pinkie. This included the guest list, the days for the rehearsal and wedding itself, and what events the group of friends would be doing together in regards to shopping and partying.

Alpha and Twilight had been the young lovers of the group, spending most of their free time in the library, doing things that adults were known to do. Twilight herself still had no idea that she was pregnant. She had recently started feeling a little nauseous, and was getting closer and closer to the realization that she was late. Alpha on the other hoof, had spent a lot of his free time applying the chitin the queen had, using extreme heat to bond small amounts of it to what remained of his wing, in order restore his ability to fly. However, it was a slow going process, as he could only apply small amounts at a time.

Fluttershy and Applejack had spent the last couple of weeks working on their chaotic magic abilities with Rainbow, Rarity, and Alex. Even though Discord said just unlocking their chaotic sides would be enough, they figured that practising with their new magic could be beneficial to their everyday lives.

While everypony was doing these things, this left Pinkie somewhat out in the cold. She wasn’t upset by any means, but everypony seemed to be off in their own romantic world, or working with this new magic they had unlocked. Neither of those things she could really be part of, and it had driven her up the wall with boredom.

Finally, Spike had spent most of his free time showing Chet the various wonders of Equestria that he had yet to see.

At first, Chet had no desire to spend more time in the world than he had to, after everything that happened in the darkness zone. But, Alex calmly explained to him that he wasn’t able to open a portal back to his world until the full moon. It was complete BS, but nopony really corrected it.

But, no matter how much Alex would have liked Chet to stay, the day of the full moon finally came, and he had to send him home.

////

“Well, I am willing to admit that I’ve had fun,” Chet laughed, looking around at the brightly sunlit Everfree forest surrounding him, “It’s still scary to think that you found yourself in this field by yourself when you first came here…”

“I only cried for like forty-five minutes,” Alex joked, earning a raised eyebrow from Dash, “Okay okay, two and a half hours.”

“It was nice have you here with us,” Dash said with a smile, “I’m glad you got to know our world a little better.”

“I would have liked to meet your parents,” Chet said, looking to Alex for his reaction.

“Well, I think her mom would have liked you…” Alex coughed.

“Can it!” Dash said, giving him a light elbow in the wing, “I’m sure that you’ll see them at the wedding.”

“You know; I’ve only ever met them once myself,” Alex said to Dash, “We should spend some time with them before the wedding hits us in a couple of months.”

“You’re right,” Dash nodded, “Maybe this weekend? We can go visit them, or maybe have them come down here.”

“We can work it out,” Alex said with a smile, before looking back to Chet, “So… I guess I need to send you back now, huh?”

“I’d appreciate it,” He said, “I mean, the full moon is tonight.”

“You know that was crap, right?” Alex asked, unable to stop the smile from creeping on to his face as he admitted to lying to his uncle.

“I know,” Chet shook his head as he smiled, “I’m stupid, but I’m not an idiot.”

“Fair enough,” Alex returned, as he closed his eyes and a dim light started glowing from his horn, “Here’s your portal home.”

With that, a portal in the shape of a door, opened in front of the three of them, emitting a soft yellow light.

“Is this the same portal that you went through when you first arrived?” Dash asked, recognizing it from his descriptions.

“No, I just made it to look that way,” Alex shrugged, “The first portal that brought me to Equestria had nothing to do with me- I mean, how could it? I just decided to make it look the same. I mean, why not, right?”

“I guess,” Dash said, neither here nor there in his response.

“Well, kid, it’s been nice seeing you again, even if I was a stupid horse,” Chet said with a confident smile.

“It’s not so bad, admit it.” Alex said.

“Well, going to the bathroom took some getting used to,” Chet laughed, “But you’re right. All this magic, and flight… they make things pretty interesting here.”

“Oh, hey Chet!” A voice called from the woods, as they all turned to look at the pink mare bounding through the woods toward them, “I wanted to give this to you before you left!”

They all looked toward her, and saw a white box strapped to her back.

“Baked me something?” Chet asked her, earning a bright smile and a nod.

“I made you one of my super-duper delicious cakes!” She exclaimed, bouncing up to them, yet somehow keeping the cake completely stable on her back, “I wanted to make sure you had a reason to come back and visit more often than one trip every five years!”

Stopping dead in place, she took the package off of her back, and let Alex levitate it over to Chet.

“Thanks, Pie.” Chet said, now facing the portal, but looking over his shoulder, “I’ll be sure to come back as often as I can.”

“Awesome!” Pinkie beamed, as Chet looked back toward the door in front of him.

“Well… I guess I’ll see you guys in a couple of months, yeah?” Chet asked, facing the portal.

“Of course, well, it’ll be much less for you.” Alex pointed out, “Remember, time goes at different rates between the worlds.”

“Oh yeah… how long will it be for me then?” Chet asked.

“Weeks?” Alex said, scratching the back of his head, “Don’t worry, we’ll come get you.”

Chet nodded, still facing away from them.

“Alright… I’d better be off then,” Chet coughed, his voice straining a bit, “Tammy’ll be looking to kick my ass for being gone so long.”

“Well, not that long,” Pinkie spoke up, “The time between—“

“Right.” Chet nodded.

Walking forward to meet Chet, Alex wrapped a wing around his uncle and gave him a smile.

“Go on,” Alex said, “I’ll see you soon.”

Making sure not to make eye contact with Alex, Chet looked down and stepped through the portal.

“What was with him?” Dash asked, as the portal closed behind him.

“I think he was a little choked up,” Alex said, turning around to face them again, “He’ll be okay, though.”

“Well, lets get back to Ponyville,” Dash said, as Alex walked next to her, “The girls are expecting us for their magic lessons.”

“Oh… do you guys have to go now?” Pinkie asked, her tone a little deflated.

“Yeah… sorry,” Alex said over his shoulder as the two began walking back toward town, “We need to work on our—“

“I just wanted to go and visit this really cool pond I heard about!” Pinkie said, running forward to them, “I heard it reflects your true self!”

“I’m really sorry, Pinkie.” Dash said looking to her with a small frown, “But everypony is really itching to get the hang of this stuff, and it’s especially hard without horns. Maybe tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay…” Pinkie said, as she slowed her pace and stopped behind them.

“Are you coming back with us?” Alex asked.

“No, I think I’ll head over there and check the pond out myself, then head back.” Pinkie said, still curious despite her mood, “I’ll see you guys later.”

“Well, okay.” Dash said, her tone clearly conveying worry as she gave the mare one last look over her shoulder, “Don’t take too long, the woods can be dangerous at night.”

“I know,” Pinkie said back to her, “I’ll be quick, don’t worry.”

Dash nodded to her, before resuming her trip with Alex back to town.

Pinkie looked at the ground and sighed. This was all it had been for the last two weeks. All of her friends had either been busy with magic, or with their respective boyfriends. At first she had been fine with it, but now it seemed like she was never spending time with her friends, and it was wearing her down more and more.

But, as she thought more and more on her loneliness, the urge for her to get to that pool became stronger and stronger.

“I’d better get going if I wanna be back before sundown,” Pinkie said out loud, taking a different path than the one her friends had just headed down.

////

PreviousChapters Next