• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,299 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,299

PreviousChapters Next
Leaving Again

////
Leaving Again
////

////
Alex, Dash, and the ‘rents
////

The silence in the room was deafening.

Dash had just finished explaining to her parents what had gone on, the last time she came to Manehattan, and how she no longer had any desire to become a Wonderbolt… At least, she didn’t want to be one any time soon.

She went on to explain some things about Alex, her exploits in the months since, and various other things.

“So…” Flash said quietly, “You’re sure about this?”

“I am.” Dash said frankly.

Flash was quiet.

“Honey…” Firefly said softly to her husband, “Look…”

“Okay.” He said, surprising everypony.

“Huh?” Dash asked.

“If you want to try things out with a man, and live a normal life,” Flash explained, “I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

Dash never expected this kind of reaction from him.

“Dad…”

“I’ve had a lot of time to think about what I did wrong, when you ran away,” Flash continued, “And I realized that I was wrong to tell you who to be friends with.”

“But… You acted just like you used to--” Dash began, before he cut her off.

“It was easy for me to fall back into that old habit…” Flash sighed, “Your mother and I both just… want you to be happy.”

Dash smiled earnestly, “Thank you, Dad.”

Firefly and Alex sat in the corner of the room, simply letting the exchange between them continue.

“You’re pretty cute…” Firefly whispered in Alex’s ear, “Dash has done pretty well for herself.”

Alex blushed, “Uh… Thanks…”

“Don’t be so coy,” She nudged, “I’m not gonna steal you away from her.”

“I don’t think you could,” Alex laughed.

“I’ve seen the looks you’ve given me,” She winked, “You have a thing for older mares?”

Alex couldn’t believe he was having this conversation with Dash’s mother.

“You’re good-looking;” Alex laughed nervously, “That’s all.”

“Believe me, I know that,” Firefly laughed, “But here’s a secret…”

Alex looked at her, his interest piqued.

“Dash is a spitting image of me, twenty years ago,” Firefly whispered, “Keep her happy, and you’ll have a rainbow-maned version of me when the time comes.”

Alex liked that. Of course, thinking twenty years ahead was pretty scary stuff.

“Just saying,” She winked again.

Their conversation stopped briefly, as Dash and her father both stood up, and hugged.

“Thanks, Dad.” She said again, “It means a lot to me.”

“Of course, sweet heart,” He smiled, “Just promise me you’ll come home more often, okay?”

Dash bit her lip, and held back form tearing up. “Sure Dad…”

“That’s sweet,” Firefly said, “She was always a bit of a daddy’s girl.”

“I never would have pegged her as one,” Alex said.

“You’d be surprised at some of the things I know about her,” Firefly laughed.

“Don’t spoil anything,” Alex laughed, “…Unless she’s secretly crazy. Then tell me now.”

“She’s not,” Firefly reassured.

“That’s good,” Alex nodded.

“Alex!” Flash called, interrupting his conversation again, “Over here.”

Alex quickly made his way over to Flash.

“You’ve certainly done a lot for my daughter,” Flash started, as Alex shrunk, “You caught her last night, you saved her from some Crystal King… And you also dropped from a blimp, to keep her from becoming a Wonderbolt.”

“Something she wanted though!” Alex added quickly.

“Honestly,” Flash sighed, “At this point, I’m not allowed to disapprove of you.”

Alex smiled.

“You’ve done a lot for my daughter, and she’s obviously smitten with you…” He continued, “So, from everything I’ve heard, you can’t be all bad.”

Flash extended his hoof.

Alex reached forward, and shook it.

Without releasing his hoof, Flash leaned forward to his ear.

“But if you do anything to hurt my baby,” He whispered, “I don’t care if you’re an alicorn, you’ll be an earth pony when I’m finished with you… Understood?”

Alex gulped, and nodded frantically.

“Good,” Flash smiled, pulling away.

“What did you say to him?” Dash asked, walking to the two.

“Nothing, dear,” Flash smiled.

“Yeah, dear…” Alex said quietly, “Nothing at all…”

Rolling her eyes, Dash walked over to the door, and hugged her mother.

“Come on, Alex,” She giggled, “Let’s get to the train station.”

Alex nodded, and followed behind her, followed himself by Firefly and Flash.

////
Everypony
////

“Well, Comet decided not to come out this time,” Ramsley explained, “She knows that she hasn’t been completely forgiven yet, and respects that.”

Spike nodded, “Well, thanks for coming to see us off yourself.”

“I had to thank you for everything you did,” Ramsley said to Spike, “Chaser may have asked me out anyway, but I still had a good time with you.”

“We should do it more often,” Spike suggested.

“Not too often, hopefully,” Ramsley smiled.

“Oh!” Spike said quickly, “I have one more piece of advice.”

“What’s that?” Ramsley asked.

“Always make sure she knows that YOU’RE the boss,” Spike said instructed, “That’s why I’m doing so well.”

“Spike!” Rarity called, “I need you to carry my bags into the train!”

“Yes ma’am!” Spike called, looking back to Ramsley and smiling, “Sorry, I meant make sure that SHE knows that she’s the boss.”

Ramsley nodded

“Have a pleasant trip,” Ramsley smiled, “I’ve got to get going, so please tell Alex I said goodbye.”

Spike nodded, as Ramsley headed off.

“Is everypony ready to go?” Twilight called, as Spike rejoined the group.

Everypony agreed in one way or another.

“Where are Alex and Dash?” Spike asked.

“Right here!” Alex called, walking up to them, followed by Dash and her parents.

“What were you guys talking about?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing much, right Alex?” Flash smiled.

“Nothing at all...” Alex laughed nervously.

“All aboard!” The conductor called, stepping out of the train.

“Well,” Flash said, turning to his daughter, “Promise me you’ll write a bit more often… And maybe visit?”

Dash smiled brightly, and nodded.

“And make sure to bring him with you,” Firefly winked.

“Ugh,” Dash groaned, “Lay off him, mom!”

“I don’t mind,” Alex shrugged.

“You will when I smack you!” Dash threatened.

“Maybe she’s a little crazy,” Firefly laughed.

Everypony started filing into the train.

“Goodbye you guys,” Dash smiled, hugging them once more each.

“Have fun back at home,” Firefly said sweetly, kissing Dash on the forehead.

“I will Mom,” Dash smiled.

“And Dash,” Flash began, “Don’t go—“

“Hey Rainbow Dash!” A voice called.

The four looked back to the platform, where they saw the large blue Pegasus running up.

“Tempest.” Flash and Dash said together.

“Hey!” He called running up, “You owe me a date!”

“Pardon me?” Dash asked, as he finally reached them, “You didn’t win! And my flying was better than yours!”

“It was dang good,” Tempest admitted, “But my tornado move was better than ANYTHING you did.”

Dash growled. She didn’t have the time to do the Sonic Rainboom before she was struck by lightning.

“So come on!” He insisted.

Alex stepped forward.

“She’s busy tonight.” Alex said.

“Who are you?” Tempest growled, towering over Alex.

“Her boyfriend,” Alex said, “So why don’t you leave her alone?”

Tempest growled again.

“Off you run, Princess,” Alex smirked, feeling a bit of Dax start to seep out.

Before he had a chance to react, Tempest punched Alex in the face, forcing his head to the side.

“How about now?” He asked cockily, “Why don’t you get on your train, and leave her here.”

Alex looked back to him and laughed quietly.

“What’s so funny?” He growled.

Casting a spell, an aura surrounded Alex’s hoof.

The following impact Tempest felt on his cheek, was stronger than any he had ever felt. His entire body was thrown into the wall to the left, and impacted painfully.

Everypony looked to Alex in shock. However, only Dash knew what it meant when the magic distortion poured out of his eyes the way it currently was.

“Stay away from her,” Dax whispered smugly, to the dazed pony, “You aren’t stronger than me.”

Tempest slowly stood up, and flew off with his tail between his legs.

The aura faded from his eyes, as Alex calmed down.

Dash was afraid this had just ruined his impression with her parents.

“That was pretty good,” Flash said, surprisingly, “I’m glad to see you actually taking care of her, instead of just hearing stories about it.”

Alex looked from Flash to Firefly. She simply smiled, and exhaled excitedly.

“Uh… We’d better get on the train.” Alex said, avoiding eye contact.

Dash nodded.

“Alright you two!” Flash said, “See you soon.”

“Of course,” Dash said quickly, as she pushed Alex into the train, “I’ll write you next week!”

“I love you sweety!” Firefly waved to them.

And with that, they entered the train, quickly followed by the doors closing, and the train started moving.

Quickly moving to a window, Dash waved happily to her parents as they pulled away. So much had happened.

It had been yet another interesting trip to Manehattan.

////
?
////

“I know it didn’t go according to plan!” He shouted into his spell, “But-“

“I told you, you’re done!” The boss shouted back, “You have nothing on them! We’ll just continue with our original plan.”

“Listen to me!” He said, “I think I have an angle. One of them has this… Instability in his magic.”

“What do you mean?”

“I just watched him start discharging magic stronger than anything I’ve ever seen, and he had no control over it.” He said, “If we can manipulate him, he’d be a great asset.”

“…Fine. But this is your last chance!”

“Understood.” He smiled, “I’ll begin the planning stage. I’ll keep you informed.”

“You’d better.”

////

PreviousChapters Next