• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,307 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,307

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight Comes Home

////
Twilight Comes Home
////

Twilight walked through the mess that currently was Ponyville. Branches, roof tiles, and even a few scorch marks where lightning had clearly struck the ground littered almost every inch of the street. She hadn’t been in the town, but she had no problem imagining how strong this storm had been.

Normally, Twilight would be helping clean up by casting some quick spells, but, Celestia had spent the last few days teaching her several advanced magic spells, that she was to pass on to Alex. And she was completely drained as a result.

With the return of Discord imminent, Equestria needed to be as ready as possible for it. Celestia seemed convinced that everything was centered on Alex... His arrival from Earth, the mysterious Element that he possessed, and his ability to summon incredible magic on a whim. He was important.

So, Twilight was to help him hone his chaos-cancelling magic. The stronger they could make him, the weaker they could make Discord.

However, Twilight wasn’t very happy with this. She didn’t like the idea of turning her friend into a weapon. But… she knew that the Princess would never ask this unless it was absolutely necessary. So, for now at least, she would just grin and bear it.

Arriving at her destination, Twilight walked through the front door, and was surprised to find nopony downstairs. So, she decided to take a quick look around.

Checking in all of the rooms on the bottom floor, Twilight quickly concluded that she’d have to go upstairs.

Walking up to the door of the master bedroom, Twilight decided to knock, just to be on the safe side. Not hearing an answer, she opened the door and took a peek inside. She was VERY surprised at what she saw.

Two ponies lay in the bed, fast asleep. And Twilight had to admit, she had never expected to see these two huddled together. They barely seemed to get along… And yet, here they were.

“They must have both taken shelter here after the storm…” Twilight muttered to herself. “Still… I never expected to see this…”

Deciding to leave the huddled ponies alone, Twilight quietly stepped out of the room, and closed the door. Walking down the stairs, she glanced around the main section of the boutique.

“I guess I can ask Rarity to fix my Gala dress later…” Twilight said, looking at some of the dresses on display, before snickering lightly. “I’ll let her and Applejack finish their nap. I guess I’ll go check on Alex and Spike.”

////

Alex inhaled deeply. Something smelled great. Some like… Shampoo.

Opening his eyes a bit, Alex quickly realized what it was. A sleeping Rainbow Dash, who had pushed herself into his chest, and rested her head in his neck, causing her hair to brush up around his nose.

Attempting to readjust himself, Alex found that one of his arms was pinned underneath her. In fact, it had been wrapped around her.

Alex was surprised. They had REALLY been cuddling. But, That was because he had been making her feel safe during the storm. And, if her pressing herself into him was a result of that, he wasn’t about to start complaining.

“Is it morning?” Dash said into his chest, having awoken from Alex’ shifting.

“Yeah,” Alex said, “Maybe we should get up…”

“Can we just stay here for a littl—“ Dash said, before being interrupted by the front door of the library opening, then closing.

“Alex? Spike?” Twilight voice called from the floor below.

Dash and Alex immediately sat up, and looked at each other.

“Uh oh…” They said in unison.

Jumping off the bed, Dash ran over to the window, and opened it up.

“I hate to run out on you like this… But, I’m sure you understand.” Dash said.

Alex nodded. “I’ll see you later.”

“Well, if you’re lucky.” Dash replied with a wink before spreading her wings, and taking off through the open window.

Looking back and forth, Alex decided that he should probably try to look as natural as possible when she came to check her room.

Alex scooted himself to the edge of the bed, and attempted to get off of it. Unfortunately, the arm that had been under Dash, was still completely asleep, and he didn’t see this until he had already put weight on it, causing him to fall flat on his face.

“Why do I always end up on the floor?” Alex asked himself, standing up on his three good legs.

Steadying himself, Alex had lifted himself up, just in time for Twilight to come in the room, with Spike just behind her.

“Did you see the knocked over tree outside?” Twilight asked, before stopping to ask more pressing questions. “Wait… Why are you in my room? And… What’s wrong with your leg?”

“What are you talking about?” Alex said quickly, “My leg is always like this, see?”

Casting a small spell, Alex levitated his leg off the floor, and made it wave to her.

Twilight cocked an eyebrow at him suspiciously, but decided to move on. “Okay… Why are you sleeping up here?”

Alex looked behind Twilight, and saw Spike giving all sorts of hand gestures and signals. He was obviously trying to tell him what to say.

“Oh…” Alex said, trying his best to decode what Spike was trying to tell him. “Well… the- The thunder was so loud that…. That Spike asked if he could sleep in my room with me! You know, to get away from the noise! …But, you know how he snores! So, I came up here when he… When he fell asleep!”

Alex held his breath.

“Yeah, Spike said something along those lines.” Twilight said absentmindedly as she moved to the open window and looked outside. “Can you help me move the broken part of that tree?”

“No problem!” Alex said, letting out a quiet sigh of relief.

“Alright, I’ll see you out there.” Twilight said, trotting out of the room.

Alex and Spike sat silently together in the room for a few moments.

“Dude.” Alex said finally, convinced that Twilight was out of earshot. “That was awesome.”

“I can’t believe that you got all that!” Spike said happily, “I thought you were busted for sure!”

“Spike!” Twilight voice called from the bottom of the stairs.

“Oh, coming!” Spike said giving a ‘thumbs up’ to Alex, then turning around and running out the door.

Alex stood alone in the silence and sighed.

That had been close… Too close.

He definitely had to be more careful when it came to sleeping with Dash.

Wait… That didn’t come out right.

////



I was writing bridal gossip, when i decided to write this up and answer a few questions l left outstanding in that one.

PreviousChapters Next