• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,302 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,302

PreviousChapters Next
Awake

////
Awake
////

Discord sat outside of Ponyville, sitting in a lawn chair suspended high able the town, with a pair of theater binoculars and a bag of popcorn.

“My my, I didn’t expect things to turn out this way,” he said to himself, scratching his chin, “I was expecting something a little more exciting from our chaotic little Pinkie.”

Still, there was nothing that the draconequus could do at this point. He could do little more than watch the world burn.

////

“We won’t be able to match her… but we can hold her for a little longer!” The chaotic Pinkie explained, as the three ran away from the library, headed for the town hall, where they hoped to find Trixie.

“How can we hold her?” Dash asked, “I thought that her power was like… crazy!”

“It is!” Pinkie nodded, “But I put a magic field around her a couple of hours ago, and it should- well, I hope, it’ll hold her in place!”

“Don’t you think keeping both Pinkies together was a bad idea?” Alex asked, leading the charge past the confused residents of Ponyville, “Why not keep one with you?”

“I already told you!” She said, her voice creaking slightly, “I didn’t think this was going to happen so fast! I considered just killing myself, but that seemed a little too dark. Even for me!”

“To be honest, you don’t seem all that dark in the first place,” Dash said.

“I am so dark!” She said, her mouth hung open in disbelief, “I told you that I wanted to bang you!”

“Yeah, but Alex does that too,” She laughed out loud, “And he’s not dark either.”

“You’re like… the Pinkie version of Dax!” Alex laughed with her.

“Well, I guess that’s not all bad,” She shrugged, looking at the odd number of ponies out In the middle of the night, “What the heck is everypony doing out here right now?”

“It’s not all that late,” Alex said, looking up at a clock on the side of a flower shop, which read midnight, “Uh, okay, maybe a little late.”

“And we think that Trixie is going to be at the mayor’s office now?” Dash asked.

“She hasn’t been home,” Pinkie shook her head, “I would have felt a disturbance at the barrier.”

“Well, here’s hoping she didn’t go home with some stallion or something.” Alex murmured to himself.

////

“So, what kind of spells do you think you’ll be performing in this show?” The mayor asked, dipping a quill in some ink, and looking up to Trixie, ready to write down whatever she said.

“Um, well! I’ve recently found myself with quite a bit of extra magic!” Trixie said, referring to the other consciousness in her head, “I was planning on making my own wings, maybe doing a light show, have some of Twilight’s friends come out in dresses made by Rarity… I guess it wouldn’t strictly be a magic show after all!”

“I’m sure Applejack and Pinkie could take advantage of the event to sell some of their own goods…” The mayor scratched her chin, “You know, I’m thinking that this might need to be bigger!”

“Uh, bigger?” Trixie asked, tilting her head.

“Yes! Maybe we could find some other ponies to be in the show, and we could make an entire festival out of it!” She said, standing up turning to face the window, “If we did the right amount of advertising, we could get ponies from all over Equestria to attend!”

“Uh-“ The blue mare tried to cut in.

“It’s settled!” The mayor said, turning around and flashing a smile, “I’ll leave it in your capable hooves! I’ll get the word out, and you can do everything else!”

“Wait- I’m not sure I want all this responsibilit—“

Before she could finish protesting the position she had been put in, the door was blasted open by Alex, Dash, and Pinkie.

“Trixie, you need to come with us!” Dash said seriously, flying over and nudging her.

“What’s going on?” Trixie asked, looking to the mayor for a moment before looking back to the trio in front of her.

“Pinkie just faced her dark side.” Alex began, before he was cut off.

“Oh, wow!” The magical mare said, rushing over to hug Pinkie, “Congratulations Pinkie! I’m so proud of you!”

After their hug, Trixie instantly felt the tension that still remained in the room.

“…What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Twilight’s dark side came back out.” Dash said.

Trixie could feel her heart sink in her chest.

////

Inside the Ponyville library, stood the corrupted version of Twilight Sparkle. The conglomeration of everything bad within the Elements of Harmony. She was easily twice the size of her original form, her coat was stained with several black patches, and her eyes were completely red, with the exception of the black slits in the middle.

All in all, she was gosh darn terrifying.

Pinkie had all but faked her death to avoid the gaze of the dark entity that had taken over Twilight’s body. After she announced her unity with her dark side, the chaotic form didn’t seem to concern itself with her anymore.

“That bitch.” She growled, her voice no longer filled with the dark whisperings it had a moment ago, “When I escape this magic prison, she’ll wish she had never crossed me.”

Pinkie hid under the kitchen table, and watched as the enlarged version of her pregnant friend stomped around the lobby of the library impatiently. Alpha was knocked out in the corner, and seemed to be out for the count.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of needless fighting, Twilight slumped on to the floor, and sat in silence for the better part of five minutes, causing Pinkie’s blood pressure to steadily rise.

“I know you’re there.” She said, as the table was lifted off the pink mare.

“Eep!” Pinkie squeaked, getting ready to run for the stairs.

“Stop.” The deep, commanding version of her friend’s voice boomed.

And, Pinkie complied with the request. Not by her choice, however. Her entire body seemed to lock up with fear.

“I’ve been asleep since our last encounter in Canterlot. And I need some answers.” She said, levitating Pinkie over to her, and sitting her down on her butt.

“W-w-w-what d-d-d-d-d-do you w-w-w-wanna k-k-know?” Pinkie asked, quivering so hard she could barely speak.

“My magic is weakened.” She growled, “I can feel something inside of this body… Something preventing me from reaching my true potential!”

“P-p-p-potential?” she shook, not quite understanding the beast.

“What is causing this drain on my power?!” She screeched, a powerful gust of breath blowing Pinkie’s mane backward.

Instantly, Pinkie know what she was referring to. The baby Twilight was carrying, must have been effecting the beast somehow.

“Well…” She said, looking back and forth for a moment, “Y-you really wanna know?”

“Yes!” She demanded, her glowing red eyes almost staring into Pinkie’s soul.

“Well, when a mare and a stallion love each other very much—“

////

PreviousChapters Next