• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,288 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,288

PreviousChapters Next
Pursuing Chaos

////
Pursuing Chaos
////

Before any of them could react, the shield was broken, and the chaotic form of Twilight was out of her cage.

And almost instantly, she blinked forward toward the group of ponies, and grabbed the copy of Pinkie by the neck with her magic, lifting her off the ground, as the pink mare squirmed in her grasp.

“Jesus!” Alex shouted at the instant appearance of the massive mare.

“Let her go!” Applejack shouted, running toward Twilight, only to be bounced away by a spell she instantly conjured.

“I’m not allowed to kill the Pinkie in the library. I need her.” Twilight growled, tightening her grip on Pinkie, as the mare’s body began to tremble uncontrollably, “But nopony said anything about sparing a copy of her…”

Everypony else was trying their best to save her, but every attempt, whether it was a spell, or a punch, was unable to connect with her. She was simply too well protected.

“No!” The real Pinkie shouted, jumping out the window of the library, “Let her go!”

Pinkie watched in horror as her doppelganger fought to look in her direction, so their eyes could meet. And when they did, the chaotic Pinkie mouthed one word, the watering in her eyes finally spilling over and running down her cheeks.

‘Sorry’

“Little ponies have such brittle bones…” Twilight said, breathlessly, as if she was profoundly happy to have Pinkie in her grasp like this.


“Come on the fuck on!” Alex shouted, blasting every ounce of magic he had into the mare, only to have her bounce it away into the sky.

“Trixie, can’t you do anything?” Fluttershy asked meekly, shaking more than any of them had seen previously.

“Whatever she has protecting her, there’s nothing any of us can do to break it…” Trixie whispered, watching in horror as the pink pony began to fight less and less.

The real Pinkie blinked a couple of times, before she remembered what her dark side had shown her, right before they merged.

Looking up to Twilight’s window, she decided that now would be a good time to use her new magic, as a huge pink aura surrounded the outer wall of the second floor of the building.

The loud smashing that followed her spell pulled everypony’s attention, including Twilight’s, to the library.

The entire wall in Twilight’s room had been ripped out, and had fallen to the ground, causing dozens of books to come cascading out. And, after only a moment of searching, Pinkie found the book she was looking for.

“Pinkie, w-what are you doing?!” Dash shouted, “We need your help!”

Ignoring them, Pinkie began leafing through the pages.

“Any last words?” Twilight hissed, her spell weakening only for a moment, to allow the mare to speak.

“You... should have…” The copy panted, her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she greedily sucked in as much air as she could, “Finished… the job sooner.”

She was only confused for a moment, before Pinkie shouted from the library.

“Time to go home!” She shouted, standing up on her back legs, with one arm holding the book up, and her other pointed at Twilight.

A pink beam of magic fired from her hoof, and shot straight toward the black and purple mare.

But, the beam veered off to the left, and instead struck Pinkie’s double.

“Ha!” Twilight laughed, “You missed!”

“No, she didn’t.” Trixie muttered.

The captured copy of Pinkie suddenly gasped, as her body rapidly expanded as if it had been filled with air. This allowed her to break free of Twilight’s spell, and float well above the group of ponies.

“No!” Twilight shouted, reaching out with her own arm, just in time for the chaotic copy’s body to burst, sending a dark purple wisp shooting toward the library, where it flew into the real Pinkie.

Pinkie blinked a couple of times, as everypony stared at her from a distance.

Then, she let out a small burp.

“I knew that Twilight had a spell to pop my magical copies!” Pinkie laughed, rubbing her tummy.

Twilight looked as if she was genuinely going to have an aneurism, as she looked back and forth between Pinkie, and everypony else. It was clear to all of them that she wasn’t the kind of bad guy that knew how to have a good time.

“Forget this…” She growled, turning her gaze to Canterlot, far in the distance, “I have more pressing matters to deal with.”

And instantly, without any kind of magical indicator, she vanished. One moment she was there, the next she was gone.

“Jesus,” Alex said, shaking his head quickly at the now vacant space that Twilight had just occupied, “How the heck did he do that?”

“Did you just call Twilight a ‘he?’” Rarity asked.

“I…” Alex began, holding his hoof up, along with an open mouth, “May have.”

“What the heck is with you guys?” Dash shouted, gesturing to Canterlot with a hoof and wing at the same time, “Twilight’s going after Celestia and Luna!”

“What?” Pinkie shouted from the library.

“We need to go to Canterlot!” Dash shouted over to her.

A moment of silence followed.

“…What?” Pinkie called again.

The rainbow mare huffed loudly, flaring her nostrils at everypony.

“W-when the hell did I become the most mature pony in the room?” Dash shouted again, “We need to get going!”

“I heard that protein injections can lead to more maturity…” Fluttershy said.

Everypony paused as they looked to the mare, none of them immediately aware of what she was meaning to say.

“Huh?” Dash asked, her face scrunching in confusion, “Protein injections? …Oh Celestia…”

Alex screeched out some kind of high pitched laughter, as he pointed to Fluttershy with a huge smile, “Fluttershy said what I was thinking! Fluttershy!

“That’s enough!” Dash shouted, her wings glowing black, “As a captain of the royal guard, it’s MY job, to protect the Canterlot Royalty! So! We’re leaving, right now!”

And with a couple of powerful beats of her wings, the group, including Pinkie, was surrounded in a black bubble, that whisked them all toward the capital of Equestria.

////

Celestia grunted as she was greeted by a completely black world around her.

Something that just pulled her from her bedroom, and dropped her somewhere very dark. The only illumination came from her own hair.

“Princess?” A familiar voice called out to her in the darkness.

“Twilight?” Celestia called back, a jolt of adrenaline running through her body as she tried to locate her student in the darkness, “Are you alright?”

“N-no…” She responded.

Casting a small spell, Celestia sent a ball of light toward the ceiling, illuminating the entire room.

“I’m in… Star Swirl’s tower?” Celestia muttered, looking around the huge room circular room, that was usually filled with books, but was now empty, “Twilight, where are you?”

“Behind you…” She said weakly.

Realizing that the source of the voice was directly behind her, Celestia turned around, and shrieked at the monstrous pony that now stood in front of her, as she frantically tried to get herself away from it.

“You know, I always loved this tower,” Twilight spoke, giving the Princess a moment to compose herself, “A massive sphere, sitting on top of a big fat base, filled with nothing but books… I’ve spent more time here than I’d care to admit to my friends.”

Celestia just looked at her, still wide eyed, as she tried to take just what her student had become.

“But, just recently, I found out something else about this tower,” She continued, walking across the massive checkered floor, her hooves clicking the whole way, “You’d never see it while the bookshelves were all in place… but it’s obvious right now.”

By now, Celestia had cleared her head enough to comprehend what Twilight was saying, and she decided to let her finish whatever it was that she was talking about.

“Did you ever notice these red tiles all over the place?” She asked, looking over her shoulder to the Princess, “Just randomly placed?”

She uneasily nodded in agreement.

A smile grew on Twilight’s face, as her horn began to glow, and a black aura surrounded the red tile at her feet.

“Did you know, that this tower was made to be malleable?” She asked.

“Malleable?” Celestia asked.

Concentrating, the black aura lifted the red tile out of it’s place.

Celestia went wide-eyed as she felt herself be thrown into the floor.

It took her several seconds to realize just what was happening. At first, she thought that Twilight had forced her into the floor, by increasing gravity, or with some other kind of spell. But, it quickly became apparent that the tower they were currently in, was being risen upward.

////

Rainbow Dash, and the rest of her friends, who had only arrived a few minutes before, all stood in awe, as they watched the largest tower in Canterlot Castle, begin to rise even higher from the ground.

“W-what’s going on?” Trixie asked, as a huge crash of thunder bellowed from the sky.

As far as any of them could tell, the base of the tower was actually three or four times longer than they all originally thought, it had simply been collapsed into itself, ready to be extended, whenever the need arose.

“Since when did the tower do that?” Dash muttered, blinking as she watched it grow higher and higher yet.

“It’s likely got something to do with our dear Twilight,” Rarity sighed, using her hoof to brush some hair away from her eyes, “We need to get up there!”

“Alright everypony,” Dash said, turning around, “We need to storm this place! And if we all work together, along with Trixie, we should be able to stop Twilight before she does something that she won’t be able to forgive herself for…”

Again, a blink of lightning lit up the sky, and deafened the ponies on the ground.

They all nodded in agreement silently.

“Good luck, everypony.” Dash said solemnly.

PreviousChapters Next