• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,266 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,266

PreviousChapters Next
What Time is it? Relaxation Time!

////
What Time is it?? Relaxation Time!
////

On a spur of the moment, Celestia decided to redirect their train toward the coast, so they could all spend a bit of time in Las Pegasus, enjoying the city in the sky, the one on the ground, and the beach attached to it.

Needless to say, it was something they were all jumping to do.

“Where does everypony wanna go first?” Pinkie asked, rapidly looking around, obviously making a long list of stops for herself.

“Well, that depends,” Twilight said, turning to Celestia, “How long are we here for?”

“As long as you all like,” Celestia said, eliciting a cheer from them, “You’ve earned a break, after the disaster I accidentally sent you too a few days ago.”

“Don’t worry about it, Princess!” Spike said, seeing that she was a bit troubled by that happening, “We’re all here, and we’re all fine.”

“Yeah!” Pinkie chimed in, “Don’t feel bad or anything!”

“Of course,” Celestia nodded, looking around herself, “Luna, do you think any bakeries around here would want to give a princess some free samples?”

“Sister, sometimes your abuse of power surprises me,” Luna laughed, “But I do think we could receive something, if we ask nicely.”

“Well,” Celestia smiled eagerly, looking back to everypony else, “I know what I’m going to be doing for the next few hours, everypony else, go and enjoy yourselves!”

“Can do, Princess!” Applejack said.

“Oh, and before I forget, here, take these with you.” She said, levitating several cards to each of them.

“What are these?” Alex asked, inspecting the piece of plastic, as it had only a symbol and nothing else on it.

“Show these to any manager of a store you’re in, and they’ll accept it as full payment,” Celestia explained, “They simply request funds from Canterlot, rather than all of you.”

“So… What’s our limit?” Dash asked.

“As much as you can hold, I suppose!” Celestia laughed, “We have enough money to buy this entire city fifty times over, don’t worry yourself with overspending.”

“I. Must. Shop!” Rarity said suddenly, biting the card out of the air, and running away from the group, as Spike followed behind her.

“She has the right idea,” Twilight said, “I guess I could go get some supplies I need.”

“Ah’d like to take some relatives out for a bite!” Applejack spoke up.

“I wanna go to the amusement park!” Pinkie said excitedly, picturing all the candy she could buy, and the games she could play, “What about you, Alex? Dashie?”

Looking at each other, they nodded, “Sure, I’d like to see what pony world rides look like.”

“Aww yeah!” Dash said, punching the air, “What about you, Fluttershy?”

“Oh, I guess I’d like to go on some rides,” She said quietly.

“Come on!” Dash said, scooping her up on to her back, and flying off toward the amusement park.

“Hey wait!” Twilight called, looking up at a massive clock, “Lets all meet up at the beach at… six!”

Seeing that it was only nine, Alex nodded, and tried to give her a ‘thumbs up.’

He had no thumbs.

“What about Spike and Rarity?” Alex asked.

“I’m sure I’ll run into them,” Twilight shrugged.

“Alright already!” Dash groaned, still holding Fluttershy on her back as she hovered, “Let’s get going!”

“Have fun!” Luna called, somewhat wishing she was going with them.

“Don’t worry, Luna,” Celestia smirked, “You can head over there once we’ve had our fill of pastries.”

////

The four were amazed at the huge number of attractions there were at this place.

From a shopping mall, to a food court, to the biggest roller coaster any of them had ever seen.

“What do you guys wanna do first?” Pinkie asked.

“Mall…”

“Food Court!”

“Rides!”

Alex, Dash, And Fluttershy all looked to each other.

“Ooh! Ooh!” Pinkie beamed, “I’m tie breaker!”

They all listened expectedly, hoping she would pick their choice.

“I say…” She said, intentionally prolonging her answer, as they all leaned closer, holding their breaths.

“Behemoth! The huuuuuuuuge roller coaster!” She shouted, jumping in the air with her left arm pointing up.

“That’s not what I meant by rides,” Dash said nervously.

“Scared?” Alex laughed, “I thought you’d love that one.”

“Spitfire from the Wonderbolts threw up all over the place after she did it!” Dash explained, “And if she threw up, I’d probably DIE!”

Alex laughed, having no idea why a Wonderbolt would have trouble going on a ride like that.

“And then after…” She said, slowing down again, “Griffon style food!”

“No!” They all shouted.

Alex had learned this the hard way last time Pinkie insisted on a Griffon style dinner. It had all sorts of weird stuff, like jellies, and savory cookies. It was something everypony seemed to hate, expect for Pinkie. And for some reason, she would always try to convince everypony that they should give it another try, and to eat it the way she does. Nopony ever would though.

“If you get to pick rides, we get to pick food!” Dash insisted.

“Humph…” Pinkie groaned, “That’s no fun!”

“Yeah well, neither is the Behemoth!” Dash argued, “We’re going to have PONY style food!”

“Ugh,” Alex said, really not loving that any more than his other option, “I hope they just have bread or something.”

“I’m sure they will, honey,” Dash said, patting him on the head.

“So, does that mean I get to pick the shopping?” Fluttershy spoke up.

“Dang…” Alex and Dash said, realizing that she would probably want to go to some animal adoption place or something.

“I want to try on some new dresses,” She finally said, surprising them all.

“Crap,” Alex said, “Well, I guess I might be totally sexy in a dress, so I’m down.”

“Alright, to the ride then!” Pinkie announced, as she bounced off toward the Behemoth with everypony in tow.

////

Celestia sighed, as she and Luna walked down the road in search of any kind of place that would get her some food to eat. As it turns out, being a princess in a city that you didn’t frequent, results in EVERY pony you encounter, bowing, and telling you how radiant you look, or how amazing you are at your job.

“Luna, I think we should change how we look,” Celestia said, looking for the nearest clothing store, “This is getting rather annoying.”

“I agree,” Luna said, narrowly avoiding a pony that had collapsed on the ground in praise, “Let us find a more inconspicuous way of traveling the city.”

So, the two of them entered the nearest dress store, and walked in, again, making everypony bow down, and ask if they could help them in any way.

“Don’t mind us,” Celestia said, walking into a changing room, with Luna occupying the one next to her.

“Now remember sister, just change, and teleport outside in our old forms,” Luna instructed.

Instead of answering, Luna heard Celestia cast her spell, as a soft light came into her changing room.

Taking that as a ‘go,’ Luna used her Past Projection spell on herself, and felt her body shrink rapidly, until it was the same size as any other pony she might encounter. Then, for good measure, she cast an invisibility spell to hide her wings.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Luna smiled. She looked like she did back before she became a Princess. Her coat was the same, but her mane no longer ripped with stars. It was now a simple pale blue.

Casting the teleportation spell, she appeared outside of the store next to a very familiar pony. Her sister, but without the flowing mane.

She was the same size as everypony else now, had solid pink hair, and only wings.

“Do you think anypony could identify us by our Cutie Marks?” Luna asked.

“Perhaps,” Celestia said, “Here, allow me.”

Casting a spell, Celestia made her sisters Cutie Mark vanish, and be replaced it was a stack of pancakes.

“What is this?!” Luna almost bellowed, “You want me to sport a stack of flapjacks on my posterior?!”

“Why, yes!” Celestia giggled.

Deciding to take her revenge, Luna cast the small spell, but replace Celestia’s Cutie Mark, with a curled mustache.

“Oh dear,” Celestia said, losing her enthusiasm quickly, “What kind of special talent, would be related to a mustache?”

“I don’t know, sister,” Luna laughed triumphantly, “It’s your Mark!”

“Fine,” Celestia frowned, looking forward, “Let’s just go get some cake already.”

////

“Oh, Spike!” Rarity said, laughing semi-manically, “I can get- Well, I can get EVERYTHING!”

“Uh, Rarity,” Spike said quietly, “Maybe you should slow down…”

“What do you mean?” Rarity asked, “How could I stop? There are so many things I need to get!”

“Well yeah, but—“ Spike began, before being cut off again.

“Look at this!” She shouted, running to another rack of clothing.

“Yeah…” Spike said dejectedly, “It looks great.”

“Doesn’t it?” Rarity said, not looking back to him, as she carefully inspected the fabric of the vest.

“I’ll just be over here,” Spike said, sighing and walking over to a few chairs, where a brown stallion sat, looking quite bored.

“Your marefriend a big shopper?” He asked Spike.

“You could say that,” Spike sighed, “Sometimes she loses herself.”

“I know that feeling,” He nodded, pointing to the rack of clothing next to Rarity, where a small pink mare was looking at similar items, “She’s been at this for an hour now.”

“What do you do to keep busy?” Spike asked, wanting a bit of wisdom from somepony who knew this pain.

“I read the magazines that these places offer,” He said, tapping on the table, “But every now and then something exciting happens to pass the—“

“I saw it first!” A voice shouted.

“I had my hooves on it before you!” Rarity shouted back.

Spike and the stallion both looked up.

“Uh-oh.” Spike said, gulping.

“This can’t end well,” The stallion agreed.

“Give it here!” The pink mare shouted, tugging the shirt toward her.

“I need to have it!” Rarity spat back.

“Should we stop them?” Spike asked, cocking his head, as the two yanked back and forth.

“Yeah…” The Stallion sighed, standing up and turning to Spike, “I’m Boxer, by the way.”

“Spike,” Spike said back to him, as he stood up himself, and walked over with the stallion to their respective marefriends.

“Hey Rarity!” Spike said nervously, getting behind her, “This isn’t very ladylike—“

She yanked back, and knocked him in the nose, making him stagger. She didn’t notice, however.

“Now, sweetie…” Boxer began, narrowly dodging a hit from his own marefriend, “I’m sure we can find another one in here.”

“No!” She said, “It wouldn’t look good on this trashy pony anyway!”

“Oh no…” Spike said.

“TRASHY?!” Rarity shouted, “This coming from miss, ‘I dye my coat pink!’”

“Oh no…” Boxer said.

////

“On vacation?!” Applejack said in disbelief, “Mah’ whole family is gone?!”

Applejack had just spent the last two hours tracking down the address of some Apples that lived here. But, she found out, that they were visiting her family right now, in Ponyville!

“Well of all the—“ Applejack said, kicking the ground, “Jus’ what in tarnation am ah supposed to do now?”

Walking away from the house, she looked around the neighborhood, seeing if there was anywhere she could go to spend some money, and pass some time, until she was supposed to head to the beach.

But, there was nothing. It was all either residential, or business buildings around her. So, she decided to skip that step, and head straight for the beach. She was sure that she could pass a few hours there, and then maybe do something else, before heading back there to meet everypony.

“Well, that’s it then!” She announced to nopony, as she walked away from the house.

Heading down the road, she relaxed and enjoyed the sunshine. It wasn’t like she didn’t see it often enough. She spent plenty of time working in it. But it was nice to be in the pleasant warmth, without having to buck a bunch of stuff.

Eventually, she exited the residential area, and came into the shopping district. Surprisingly, everything in this town was pretty close to the beach. The city was long along the coast, but didn’t go very far inland.

Inhaling deeply, she was greeted with the pleasant smell of apple pie. Under normal circumstances, she would have gone and bought some, and had a nice snack. But, during her stay at Haven Station, she had gone a bit crazy in the food court at a cream puff stand. It had started out as one… But turned into three dozen. And without any exercise, that was a recipe for love handles.

So, turning her head away from the source of the smell, she kept heading toward the beach. However, she heard some shouting, and quickly looked back toward it.

“Stop them!” A pony called, as two mares ran away from the bakery, with cakes being levitated in front of them, “They’ve stolen some cake from us!”

Snapping into action, Applejack chased them down the road, avoiding the pedestrians with amazing grace, as she quickly closed the gap between herself and the cake thieves.

On the way, she couldn’t help but feel good about herself. She was the kind of pony that would make sure nopony would be able to get away with stealing. She was the kind of citizen that stood up!

Just catching them turning into an ally way, she chased them into it, and to her luck, there was a big wall cutting off escape.

Seeing them standing in place, she ran at them, and tackled the white one, as she rested with her guard down.

Seeing her friend be tackled, the other pony quickly used her magic to throw the large number of cakes into the sky, sending them far, far away.

“Be free!” She called, watching the pastries soar away, to land who knows

“You two are in a heap’a trouble!” Applejack said, panting, wishing she hadn’t eaten all those cream puffs.

////

Dash nervously bounced around as they entered the line for the Behemoth. They stood outside some kind of tent, where Alex assumed the rest of the line was, since there were only about three ponies ahead of them, not inside the tent.

“Dash, calm down!” Alex said in disbelief, “Fluttershy is doing better than you!”

“Oh, I’m not scared of rides,” Fluttershy said calmly, “I fell out of the sky in Cloudsdale when I was a filly, there’s nothing compared to that.”

“Oh…” Alex said, a bit disturbed that she was so calm about it.

“It’s gonna be fun, Dashie!” Pinkie beamed, bouncing.

“Ugghhhhh,” She said, sitting down on her rump.

“You guys are next!” The ride operator called to them, poking his head outside of the tent, “You getting on?”

“What?!” Dash shouted, “How are we already at the front?”

“Since it’s so scary, nopony goes on it, silly!” Pinkie giggled, “Come on!”

They all walked toward the tent, as Dash stayed firm in place, not daring move.

“Come on,” Alex said, levitating her up, “Don’t be a Scootaloo!”

“Nonononononooo!” She said suddenly, fighting against his spell, trying to break free.

“Dash!” Alex shouted, shaking her with his spell, making her come to her senses.

Blinking rapidly, and exhaling, she looked at him with giant eyes.

“I’ll teleport us away, if it gets too bad,” Alex whispered in her ear, even though he really had no intention of doing that.

Considering it for a moment, she finally gulped and nodded, “Okay.”

“Good girl!” Alex said, placing her on the ground in front of him.

Entering the tent, they were confronted with a large cart that had four seats with two seats per row.

“Please sit down,” The stallion said, as Pinkie, Fluttershy, Alex, and Dash, sat down, and her secured them with a seatbelt, pinning their backs into an enclosed seat, blocking off access to their wings.

Noticing that his wings were no longer able to be used, Alex understood why a pegasi might not like this ride at all. They used their wings daily. Being able to fly was a simple fact of life. But, when they pinned their wings in this cart, and then sent them all sailing through the sky, it must have been extremely unnatural to them. More so than a pony with no wings going on the ride.

“Please keep your legs inside the cart at all times.” The stallion said, as he pulled the lever, starting the ride.

Seeing Dash start to rapidly breath, Alex reached over and placed his hoof on hers.

She looked at him, obviously uncomfortable. But, seeing his calm smile, comforted her somewhat.

Immediately, the cart started to ascend an absolutely massive track, that was easily five or six hundred feet in the air.

“Are you ready, Dash?” Pinkie asked, tapping her shoulder from behind her.

Dash didn’t answer, as she felt her stomach churn. They hadn’t even started any scary parts yet, and yet she was already feeling sick.

Finally, after the longest minute-and-a-half of her life, they reached the top, as the cart slowed to a stop.

“Now! Is everypony ready to drop?” A voice said over a speaker.

“Yay!” Pinkie shouted.

“Yay…” Fluttershy whispered.

Dash didn’t say anything, as she pushed herself into her seat, and held her breath.

“Do it!” Alex shouted.

“Alright! If you all say so!” He announced. “Five!”

Pinkie grabbed her harness, and beamed. This was gonna be awesome!

“Four!”

Fluttershy smiled calmly, and relaxed.

“Three!”

Alex squeezed her hoof, and gave her a smile.

“Two!”

Suddenly, the cart dropped, and headed straight down.

Dash fought back her body screaming at her to just throw up, as they plummeted toward the ground.

Alex, meanwhile, felt like he was gonna cry. She was clutching his hoof so hard, that he thought it was going to break off.

Finally hitting the bottom of the track, they straightened out, and quickly hit a loop-de-loop, that sent them up in the air, before dropping back to the ground.

“Ugh…” Dash groaned.

“Hold it in!” Alex shouted through the pain she was giving him.

Shooting back into the air, they quickly dropped again, as they rode a rapid up and down track, making their stomachs drop, and then quickly get lifted back up, just to be dropped again.

“Wheee! Wheee! Wheee!” Pinkie shouted, as bounced alone with the coaster.

Finally, the ride slowed down, as they started to ascend again, however, this drop was easily twice the size of the last. This would be the ultimate challenge for Dash.

“Dash, are you okay?” Alex asked.

She shook her head.

“Just breathe deeply!” He encouraged.

She shook her head again.

“Come on, sweetie…” Alex said encouragingly, “You can do this!”

Reaching the top, there was no announcer this time. The ride just stopped.

‘Come on Dash…’ Rainbow Dash said to herself, and she tried to man up, ‘You can do this! You aren’t a chicken!’

The cart rolled for a second, before freezing again.

‘You do these moves every day, so what if you have no wings?’

It rolled again, going down the slope a bit, before freezing again, forcing them all to get stuck leaning forward.

“I can do this!” She shouted, surprising everypony.

“Good for you, Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie encouraged.

“You can do it,” Fluttershy said, smiling.

Alex rubbed her hoof softly.

“Let’s do it!” She said, grabbing the harness, “There is no way I’m going to ralph on this ride! I promise! I won’t—“

Just as the ride started to drop, a piece of cake flew from out of nowhere, and splattered across the side of Dash’s face, some landing in her mouth, hitting the back of her throat, and activating her gag reflex.

Needless to say, even though there wasn’t any water that splashed them on this ride, they were soaking wet when it was over.

////

Spike and Boxer watched as the two mares continued to fight over the vest, both completely powerless to stop them, without damaging the clothing they were fighting over. Because they both knew that if they destroyed that vest, they’d live to regret it.

“Just stop already!” Spike shouted, seeing that almost five minutes had passed, as they threw insults at each other, and passingly called for their boyfriends to help them.

“Maybe we should just leave,” Spike said.

“Sometimes I think I’d be easier to be gay,” Boxer laughed, nodding.

“What can we do?” Spike asked.

“We could try to get the staff,” Boxer suggested, seeing that they hadn’t intervened yet.

Looking over his shoulder and seeing the two small mares that were running the store hiding in the corner, Spike figured they didn’t want to have anything to do with it either.

“How can they just keep doing this?” Spike asked, “It’s just a stupid vest!”

“Total over reaction,” Boxer agreed.

“What did you say?!” Rarity and the pink mare shouted, suddenly turned to them.

“Uh…” Spike tried.

“This is much more than a stupid vest!” Rarity growled.

“Look at the stitching on this!” Pink said, “It’s amazing!”

“And the gem placement is simply stunning!” Rarity added.

“And this color is just so elegant!” Pinkie nodded.

“I wish I was this skilled!” They both said.

They looked at each other.

“You… Make apparel?” Pink asked.

“I run a shop in Ponyville,” Rarity said, suddenly in a very different mood, “What about you?”

“I make clothing for fun!” Pink laughed.

“What a coincidence!” Rarity said, “What was your name, dear?”

“I’m Fuchsia,” She smiled, feeling no animosity whatsoever now.

“I’m Rarity,” She said, extending a hoof, “I had no idea we would have anything in common.”

“Me neither!” She laughed, “I feel so bad now… Why don’t you take the vest? I can get another one some other day.”

“Oh, no dear.” Rarity shook her head, “Please, you take it, I insist!”

“I couldn’t,” Fuchsia said politely, with a bit of fire, “You take it.”

“No…” Rarity said quietly, “You take it!”

And they were off again. Instead of fighting over who got the vest now, they fought over who deserved it more.

“Craaaaap,” Spike groaned.

“Here we go again,” Boxer said, formulating a plan, “Here, let me try something.”

Walking over to the clerks, he pointed to the vest, and promptly paid for it. Then he walked over to Spike, and whispered in his ear.

“Try to get them outside.”

Boxer ran over and opened the door, as Spike formulated a plan.

“That vest sure is ugly!” Spike shouted.

They both stared daggers at him, as he turned, and ran out the door, with the two chasing after him in anger.

“They’re crazy!” Spike shouted to Boxer, as he ran through the door with the girls behind him.

As soon as Spike was out of sight, the girls forgot about him, and continued their argument.

“You take it!” Fuchsia insisted, “It would go so well with your coat!”

“I insist, darling,” Rarity fought back, “I’m the element of generosity! You take it!”

Sneaking back to Boxer, Spike had to ask, “What’s the plan, exactly?”

“Well,” Boxer said, “First, I—“

He was interrupted as a piece of cake fell out of the sky, and landed on Rarity’s face.

Fuchsia snarked, as she tried to hold back all out laughter.

However, just before she lost control, and laughed her head off, she was also hit with a piece of cake.

“What the--?” Spike said, “How did you do that?”

“I… Don’t know,” Boxer said quietly, afraid of what might come next.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Rarity and Fuchsia both burst into laughter.

“Well, I guess it’s ruined now!” Rarity laughed.

“Neither of us can have it!” Fuchsia giggled.

And with that, Rarity threw the vest in the garbage, the two girls hugged, and Rarity walked over to Spike.

“Let’s go back inside,” She said, still laughing a bit, “I need to clean up.”

Fuchsia walked over to Boxer, and started dragging him away as well, “Come on honey, I can clean up across the street at that other dress place.”

And just like that, over the course of ten seconds, they went from fighting, to happy as clams. They were now dragging the guys away from each other, as much as they would have liked to talk a little bit more.

Spike and Boxer managed to give each other one look before Spike was pulled into the store.

And with that, their fleeting friendship ended. Their shared experiences would be remembered forever in their hearts, and in their dreams.

:(

////

Twilight sat on a patio at the city library, and read a spell book she had been wanting to get through.

In front of her, was an empty plate, from the rather lame salad she had ordered for lunch. Now, she wanted nothing more than something sweet to eat.

Suddenly, a piece of something splatted on her plate, into a heap of icing, and cake.

Leaning forward, she sniffed it.

Sticking her tongue out, she tasted it.

“Wow! Free cake!”

////

“Sister, look!” Luna said, pointing to a bakery, “Let’s get some food in that one!”

Celestia inhaled, and couldn’t agree more. The smell of apple pie was simply amazing.

Walking in, they weren’t surprised to see a huge lineup of ponies, all waiting to buy themselves something delicious.

Luna, being the smarty-pants that she is, simply decided to start sampling the food off of the counters.

A cookie here.

A cupcake there.

Nothing too terrible, or noticeable. Not that she was trying to be inconspicuous.

“Luna, come look at these...” Celestia said, in complete awe over the collection of pre-cut cakes on display.

“Oh, sister…” Luna said, smiling, “We must have them!”

Levitating a dozen pieces of various flavors and looks, Luna took one into her mouth, and took a bite, as Celestia leaned forward, and took a bite from one her sister had floating near her.

“Delicious!” Luna bellowed in the Royal voice, as everypony looked at them.

“Hey!” A pale brown mare called from behind the counter, “You’re gonna pay for that, right?”

“Of course citizen!” Luna smiled, “Sister, please show her the card!”

Celestia went wide eyed.

“What is it?” Luna asked, turning to her.

“I gave them all away…” She whispered, “We have no money.”

“No matter,” Luna whispered, before turning back to the mare, “I am Luna! Princess, and keeper of the moon!”

“Yeah, and I’m that fancy pants fashion designer, Photo Finish!” She said facetiously.

“Really?” Luna asked dumbly, “You’ve put on weight!”

The mare growled, as Celestia face hooved.

“I can prove that I am the Princess!” Luna said, seeing her lack of enthusiasm, “Here, just let me—“

“Luna!” Celestia whispered, “If they see that we’re royalty, it’ll be humiliating!”

“I suppose stealing cake would tarnish our collective image,” Luna agreed, “So what do we do?”

Celestia leaned close to her sister, and then shouted in her ear, “Run!”

Not thinking twice, the two Princesses ran from the building, and down the road, not stopping for a thing.

“Stop them!” The mare called, hoping somepony would jump into action, “They’ve stolen some cake from us!”

The two didn’t look back, as they rounded several corners, and eventually stopped in an ally, when they were confident that nopony could have followed them.

“Well,” Celestia sighed, “I guess—“

She was tackled to the ground by an orange pony, as Luna decided to get rid of the evidence, by shooting it all into the air.

“Be free!” She called, as they flew away.

“You two are in a heap’a trouble!” Applejack said to the two familiar ponies.

"Luna, why would you throw them away?” Celestia asked, then looking at the pony on top of her, "And could you please get off of me Applejack?"

“Who are y’all?” She asked, not moving, “How’d you know mah’ name?”

Casting the reversal spell on herself and Luna, they both transformed back into their Princess-like figures.

“Wha--?” Applejack said, jumping off of Celestia.

“P-Princess?” She asked in horror, “What’re you doin’ here?”

“Stealing cake, apparently,” She sighed.

“Ah’ can’t believe this!” Applejack said, “Is this a thrill for y’all or somethin’?”

“Somewhat,” Luna shrugged.

“No, it’s not,” Celestia said quickly, “We just had no money, and it would have been an embarrassment to be seen in that situation as royalty, that’s all.”

“Uh-huh,” Applejack said, “So, what happens next? You expect me to say nuthin’?”

“We pretend this never happened,” Celestia explained, “And we quietly give the bakery a few million bits, without explanation.”

As much as Applejack had a thing against stealing, lying, and not telling anypony about it, even she understood that the bakery actually won the lottery by having food stolen from them.

“Well… Alright…” She said, after a few minutes of thought.

“Let us make our departure for the amusement park!” Luna said, “I no longer hunger for cake!”

“You read mah’ mind,” Applejack sighed.

“Indeed,” Celestia nodded, casting a teleportation spell, “Let’s go meet up with your friends.”

////

PreviousChapters Next