• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 667 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 667

Knight of the Moon

Dark awoke on a hospital bed a few days after the battle. General and Starnight were there along with the Princess Twilight and the rest of her friends there as well. Dark held his head, and said "Urg, what happened?"

General said, "You saved Equestria that's what happened kid" Dark smiled at that, as he saw the General revealing something, "I think this goes without saying, but Dark Sidewinder" He patted Dark's head "Welcome to the Royal Guards, part of the Luna division of Equestria." Dark smiled at that and saluted General as best as he could since well he was still in a lot of pain after what happened. "However, Princess Luna thinks it'll be wise to wait after the ceremony"

Dark asked confused "Ceremony?" He said looking at them

Twilight smiled and said "Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are throwing a big celebration in honor of what you did for Equestria" She said to him and smiled "Princess Cadence and I are in charge of organization and decorating, well admittedly" She pointed to Pinkie Pie. "I had a little help on that last part."

Dark said "Thank you so much for that" He said to Pinkie Pie.

She smirked "No problem, Darkie" Dark winced at that nickname. "Hope you can dance, because you're gonna have the time of your life!"

"I umm..." Dark than looked at Starnight who smirked at him. "What's wrong?"

Starnight said "Come on, you saved all of Equestria, and you spent ninety five percent of this whole thing beating yourself up about things" He smirked and said "You did a far better job than you would have given yourself credit for a few days ago" He smirked "You better not get all doubty on us when you are on offical guard duty"

Dark smiled and said "I won't thank you" He said as Starnight and him gave each other a bro hoof. Dark than said "We should go and have a party" Everyone nodded and smiled at Dark.

The next week, after Dark recovered from him injuries the celebration was under way. Pinkie Pie thought of everything, it was at night so the moon was in the sky and she even invited DJPon3 to celebrate his accomplishment. However, before the party can even begin Princess Luna invited Dark to stand next to him. "Dark SIdewinder, you showed unrelenting courage fighting against one of the most powerful enemies that Equestria has ever faced before in its entire existence" She smiled "I know the General has told you that you are to be one of my guards, however I think you deserve a different kind of honor" Celestia smiled at her sister as Luna suddenly activated her Royal Canterlot Voice. "Here us ponies of Equestria" She said to everyone at that party. "The Princess of the Night has something to decree to our most loyal subject" Dark paused at that as Luna looked at him. "Dark Sidewinder, you're courage a week ago showed that you have what it takes to ascend to a position that not many have reached in any life time of Equestria" She smiled "In times of old, we engaged in a ritual that we think you deserve, please kneel" Dark did exactly what he was told as Luna's horn lit up. Dark felt it touch his shoulders as Luna spoke "As of now, we dub thee, Sir Dark Sidewinder, not only a royal guard but, the first Knight we have ever had in out court" Dark paused at that in shock. She smiled at that and said "Congratulations Dark Sidewinder, you deserve it"

Dark smiled and said "Thank you so much Princess Luna, I will not fail you" She smiled and patted his shoulder, and the party resumed. Dark smiled as every pony was having so much fun.

Princess Twilight was hanging out with Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence, and Prince Shining armor. Pinkie Pie was having the time of her life as usual, bringing smiles to everyone she came across with. Fluttershy was hanging around some of Canterlot's animals and having tea with the one and only Discord. Rarity and Starnight were acutally hitting it off in a deep conversation as Spike watched on. General was talking with Rainbow Dash and AppleJack about some of his adventures, mentioning the Wonderbolts by name which got Rainbow interested. Dark couldn't help but smile as he watched all his friends having so much fun. Dark than looked at the moon again, and then heard Princess Luna go "Still Moon Gazing?"

Dark paused at that and said "Oh umm" He paused at that "I guess old habits die hard" Dark said sheepishly.

Luna asked "You never did tell me how you broke that spell that mo...the Queen of Dreams had placed on you" Dark paused at that "My sister and I have been dieing to know, after all this was a spell even we couldn't break"

Dark said "Shock" Luna looked at him confused "I had to literally shock my mind so bad, I would wake up quickly from the jolt my brain would cause me" He said to her calmly. "Like having a nightmare or something" Princess Luna looked at him and saw the ruby red blush on his cheek. "I umm, knew that wouldn't work for me so I found, another method"

Princess Luna asked in a knowing tone "And what was this method of shock you used?" Dark paused at that and than Princess Luna asked "Well?"

"Promise you won't find it creepy if I tell you?" Dark said quietly.

Luna said "I promise"

Dark said quickly "It was me giving you a kiss" Luna smirked, already figuring that was the case. Dark said "I'm sorry, it's just I wanted to think of something shocking for me to do and I, well it was the only thing I can think of." He looked at Luna and said "Sorry that I would use something like that for..." He got interrupted, by Luna kissing his cheek.

Luna smiled and said "I believe that is what they would call a bonus on top of the new title my knight" Dark turned a deep shade of crimson from that. "Why don't we just watch the moon together, does that sound like fun?"

Dark nodded and said "Yeah, I would like that" He said looking up in silence with Luna as the night sky glistened with glory.

Author's Note:

Yes the Vinyl reference was for one of my followers for having my back

I'm so glad that this was so much better than the original. It was better received and better written and to my followers, thank you for giving this story a chance. I appreciate it more than you can ever know.