• Published 2nd Oct 2014
  • 668 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 2: Knight of the Moon - CreatureofTheNight



The Sequal to The Moon Worshiper. Dark Sidewinder has been made an offer from Princess Luna herself!

  • ...
5
 5
 668

To Protect A Hero

Dark and The Queen of Dreams stared down at each other for a minute, each waiting for the other to make the first move. Dark being more inexperienced than the Queen first made that move, charging at Nuit with his sword in his mouth and swinging down. Nuit deflected this attack with a simple shield spell that forced the sword out of his hands causing the sword to land near Princess Luna stuck in the ground. Dark landed roughly from that as Nuit glared and started to shoot blasts at him rapidly trying to turn him into ashes. Dark saw that one of the blasts was heading towards Princess Luna and grabbed her, moving her to the throne while the blasts just kept coming at him. He was in a full flight as Dark put Luna down on the throne, flying from the blasts coming from Nuit. Suddenly in her mist form, Nuit showed up and decked Dark in the face sending him down the ground and causing him to crash so hard his helmet flew off his head. Nuit landed next to him and bucked him so hard he hit a wall.

Dark glared and stood up defiant, and rushed grabbing the helmet with his teeth, causing Nuit to rush towards him and give him a wicked uppercut with her hooves. Dark breifly lost the helm in his mouth than grabbed it again with his teeth smacking Nuit with it, getting her away from him. Dark landed away from the Queen of Dreams in a very rough fashion as the thestrial put his helm back on looking at her. Nuit glared as suddenly energy swords started to appear behind her. They started to lob at Dark, forcing him to dodge every shot, left, right, and sideways. He rolled out of the way and rushed towards him, but she grabbed him in a field of magic and tossed him through one of the castle pillars. Nuit, feeling barely any threat from Dark said, "So, tell me child. Where did that bravado you have earlier go hmm?" She walked to him as Dark rushed towards him with his wings spread trying to punch her with his hoof. She smacked him aside then grabbed him and pinned him up against the wall. "Is that all you got Mr. Protector." She looked at Luna and smirked "It's no wonder she lost to me if she thinks ponies as weak as you are good enough defenders of this land" She smirked and said "You are nothing, just a weak minded foot who..." Dark tilted his head back and headbutted Nuit, causing her to be forced to break the grip.

Dark glared at her and said, "Lady, you talk way to much" He flew at her again and went to buck Nuit in the face, but the Queen of Dreams grabbed him and slammed him on the ground with her magic. She started to fling him around like a rag doll and tossed him against one of the stain glass windows, causing them to be cracked. She leapt up and started to bash Dark against the window with her magic tossing him in the air and forcing him to slam down, and slam down hard.

She landed and said "You know something boy" She said to him. "For once you are right about something, why waste my time taunting you when it'll be so much easier to do this!" She charged at him and Dark was bucked, and bucked hard landing against the castle doors and falling off very limply. "Pathetic" She looked at Luna and laughed "Defender of your hero?" She laughed "You couldn't defend a wall from an ant"

Dark looked at her, as memories started to flash in his mind, as he laid there, beaten, battered, and broken. He started to have memory upon memory assault him at once.

Starnight looked at Dark and said "The General believes you'd be the perfect guard for this academy, and i do too. You need to believe in yourself" Than he saw the General talking to him about the differences between bravery and stupidity

General smirked and said "You see a pony standing up to a monster who is terrorizing those he cares about, knowing very well he could die himself, that my dear friend is bravery" Dark's mind then flashed to Princess Luna in his dreams

"I believe you can do this Dark Sidewinder" She smiled and said "You're the best not because you're the biggest or the strongest, but because you have heart"

Dark stood up slowly as images of his friends saying his name flashed in his mind. First was Starnight, than General, than Princess Twilight, than Fluttershy, than Pinkie Pie, than Rarity, than AppleJack, than Rainbow Dash, than Celestia, than finally Luna, all telling him to get up, that every pony was counting on him. Dark stood up and glared down Nuit. She couldn't help but laugh at her and said "Who in the wide world of Equestria do you think you are?"

"I don't think I am anything other than myself" Dark said raspy. "My name is Dark Sidewinder" His legs wobbled as he stood. "I am a thestrial, who was picked on and bullied most of his life because of how he looked. " He looked at her and said "I was treated like garbage with my only friend being the moon in the sky" Dark's voice came back as a clear aura of defiance emanated from his body staring her down. "But than I found others willing to help me and others that treated me with such kindness that they can never know how much it meant to me" Dark's wings spread as the moon shined on it's friend. "Other ponies that are counting on me, other ponies that need my help, other ponies that would do the same for me if they were in my position." He flapped his wings and said "Am I'm not going to fail them! I'm going to stop you!" Dark said as he floated. "If it's the last thing I do!"

Without another word he bolted towards the Queen of Dreams who swatted him away, but in a response he bucked off the wall and came barreling towards her, forcing her to get on the defensive and launch him with magic. She had him in her magic grip, proving why she was dominating the fight so far. Dark stepped forward as Nuit noticed that and kept trying to force him back, each time she was successful, however each time Dark kept coming and got closer every time. The Thestrial backed up and launched himself at the Queen of Dreams, which caused Nuit to grab her opponent with her own hooves, however Dark bucked his legs hitting Nuit on her chest sending her away from him. Nuit glared and grabbed him with her magic and started to slam Dark against the ceiling repeatedly, and than slammed in on the floor with authority. She glared and said "Bravado but nothing more, you have nothing against me, nothing!" She said "So stay down and just die!"

Dark backed up and launched himself towards her, and caused her to grip him in her magic. To her shock he was moving despite her grip, she started to focus, but he kept moving still defiant. Dark glared her down and said "Your majesty!" He said at the top of his lungs. "Go to Sleep!" She watched in shock as Dark blasted her with a punch sending her careening to the ground with a rough speed as plumes of dust came up and a small crater appeared where she was. Dark landed and then stood, panting like a mad man.

To neither of the two's knowledge Princess Luna and Princess Celestia's eyes just shot open like they were just awoken suddenly. Dark saw that Nuit was stirring and glared looking prepared to go another round. Nuit said "Enough of this..." her voice oozing venom from her lips. "You irritating little brat!" Her horn glowed as she prepared to shoot another energy bolt at Dark. However to both of their confusion blue mist came and wrapped around Nuit. "What the, what is this!? You have no magic boy! What's going on!"

"Surely you recognize your own spell mother" Celestia said as she entered the throne room. "I do believe our subject here made a perfect suggestion, isn't that right sister"

Luna said to her sister her eyes glowing as the blue mist wrapped tighter around Nuit. "I agree sister."

Nuit looked at them and said "How is this possible!? I put you to sleep!" Celestia smirked at her.

Luna said "Well, lets just say someone gave enough of a shock to you that it undid the spell to us" Luna then looked at Dark as the mist oozed into Nuit's core.

The Queen of Dreams stood and fought against sleep, but it was pointless, she eventually fell down and finally sleep over took her. Dark looked at Nuit who fell asleep Celestia and Luna combined their horns and blasted Nuit with a magical blast which sealed the sleeping Queen to Tartarus in a small cell. Luna looked at Dark and Dark asked "So, is it over?" Luna nodded "Oh thank you so much" Dark fell backwards and collapsed exhausted falling asleep.