• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 565 Views, 31 Comments

An adventure from a history book makes a comeback - keam



One thousand years have passed since the legacy of Twilight Sparkle and her friends had ended. It was not thought possible for their legacy to be taken up once more. But can the world be proved wrong? Mint Letter used to be just like all of the othe

  • ...
1
 31
 565

Chapter 6: Elements of Harmony


During the time they were gone, Misty, Hypie, and Mint had started to look through the journals, but there were many and they weren’t even halfway through when a bell jingled and Heart, Bright, and Daffodil came in to the room together with a green earth pony mare they'd never seen before. Hypie immediately gave her a threatening glare and the mare replied with a big plastic grin and a nervous chuckle, her eyes darting around the room.

Sweetie Belle, as the old librarian had told them that she was named, looked up from the leather bound book she was reading. Seeing the green mare, she quickly got up on her legs and rushed up to the mare.

“Honey, what are you doing here? Has something happened to Apple Bloom?” She asked worriedly.

The unknown mare's eyes widened and she shook her head vigorously.

“No, no, granny is okay! I'm just here to say that she has given these ponies” the mare called 'Honey' pointed with a hoof at Heart, Bright, and Daffodil, “permission to read in the diary!”

“Oh, thank goodness. I know Apple Bloom can be very stubborn some times.” Sweetie Belle said, clearly relived that nothing happened. “Now, Honey, you better go home to Braeburn, you don't want to leave him and AB alone for too long.”

Honey nodded slowly.

“Yeah, I probably should. After all, I still got some chores to do. See you!”

With that, Honey trotted out the door; leaving the six friends alone together with Sweetie Belle.

“Who was she?” Misty Moon said quietly after the mare disappeared through the open door.

“That was Honey Apple, the ancestor of Applejack. Her grandmother and I have been friends for a long time.” Sweetie Belle answered softly before going back into the basement to retrieve the diary.

Heart decided to take a look at the diary, while the others tried to go through Twilight's journals. It was a slow and complicated job because it quickly became clear that none of the bearers of The Elements of Harmony had had very good hoof/horn writing.

“Aha! I found something!” Heart Dot suddenly screamed.

“What? What does it say?” Hypie Tech asked, looking up from the thick purple notebook filled with complicated algorithms and scientific explanations he was reading.

“Just listen to this entry here! It’s definitely something important!" Heart answered, reading the entry out loud.

12 of December, Applejack.

Twilight told us some really bad news that could possibly change everything. Last night, she had a vision. The vision showed the return of. Nightmare Moon, but nopony was there to stop her. Based off some fancy scientific formula about the stars movement or something, Twilight calculated that it should have been around one thousand and fifty five years from now. Princess Celestia and Luna don’t know, and I don't think it would make any difference if they did, quite the opposite actually. The fear of once more transforming may even help make her evil once more. We will hide a map that shows the way to the Tree of Harmony. Since Discord’s trick with the seeds, the elements are no longer listening to us, but maybe they will listen to some ponies a thousand years in to the future? I hope so. In Twilight's vision, no one was there, but with some planning and help, maybe we can change that. Twilight wants to hide the map at Sweet Apple Acres, and I agree. A magic formula will make it survive a thousand years in to the future.

“So that means Honey and her family have the map!” Mint gasped. “I bet the thing Apple Bloom had to do was get the map!”

Heart closed the diary and stood up.

“Then we have to go back to the farm and get it!” She said, heading for the now closed door.

But before they could open the door, it was opened from the outside. The pony on the other side that opened the door was an old orange pegasus mare with a purple mane and tail that was pale from age. The mare made her way inside, rushing towards Sweetie Belle.

“The princesses are raising the moon and the sun!” The Pegasus mare declared.

“But how are they doing that, Scootaloo?” Sweetie Belle said, fear clear in her voice. “It can't be both night and day at once!”


“I don't know, but there are rumours coming from the capital saying that the princesses have disappeared. It’s even said that Princess Skyla of the Crystal Empire herself is coming to search for them!”


“But, shouldn't Nightmare Moon have lowered the sun to begin the internal night she always wanted to create?” Mint Letter interrupted the two mares. “We better hurry up and go get the map! Something is terribly wrong.”

“Who are you?!” The mare called Scootaloo screamed, apparently not noticing them up till now.

“We are the six flag carriers for the Summer Sun Celebration that ended up here and we have to go right now” Mint Letter quickly said. “See you!”

They started galloping out the door when they heard Sweetie Belle say:

“Scootaloo, why don't we go and find the mayor and see if we can help with anything?”

They didn't stay long enough to hear the answer. Instead they headed for Sweet Apple Acres with full speed.


When they reached the farmhouse at Sweet Apple Acres, they saw that somepony had arrived before them. At the doorstep to the old house was an extremely tall dark pink pegasus mare with a slightly curled yellow and pink mane standing. She was wearing a tall dark blue cloak that covered the mare face as well as her flank.

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” The mare said, her voice sounding familiar, like they've heard it before.

“Don't be afraid! I do not wish to hurt you!” The mare continued when they didn't show them self, carefully take a step in the direction of their hiding spot.

Once the mare showed that she knew where they were hiding, there was no longer any point in hiding and they stepped out from behind the apple trees where they'd been hiding.

But before the mare could say something, Apple Bloom, Honey’s grandmother, appeared on the door step and spoke:

“Who are you? What are you doing on my farm!?”

“Are you Mrs Apple, the owner of this fine farm here?” The mare removed the hood, showing off a horn and proving to be an alicorn. But the only alicorn that remained with Celestia captured and Luna being evil was....

“Princess Skyla!” Apple Bloom bowed. “What bring us the honour?”

“Please, call me Skyla!” The young Princess blushed slightly. “I'm looking for clues about the where about of my aunts?”

“Prin...um...Skyla, I think these six ponies have the information you're searching for, and I have what they are searching for.” Apple Bloom pointed at Mint Letter, Misty Moon, Heart Dot, Hypie Tech, Bright Sky and Daffodil Spark.

Apple Bloom handed over a small map to Mint Letter, who took it in her magic.

Daffodil Spark turned her head to Princess Skyla and said:

“You're highness; Princess Celestia has been kidnapped by Nightmare Moon!”

“Nightmare Moon is back?!” The princess seemed absolutely terrified.

“B-but, what will we do? My mother never prepared me for this! She didn't think it'd happen again!”

“What about The Elements of harmony?” Misty Moon suggested. “If we get the Elements, we can use them to stop her.”

“Exactly!” Mint Letter agreed. “The map Mrs Apple gave us will show us the way!”

“But there is one problem” Apple Bloom said. “Nopony is allowed to enter the forest since the last pony to inhabit the place disappeared in the forest and was never seen again!”

“That's not a problem” Skyla said. “As a princess, I give all of you permission to enter the forest."

Author's Note:

A note from my editor (totally his fault this took so long time :derpytongue2:):

Hello everypony! I am very sorry for the delay; I’ve been extremely busy with college and have ongoing illnesses within the family which require me to help out more. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I promise that the next chapter will take nowhere near as long to edit. Until then, happy readings!
Sincerely -Tony Montana

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment