• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 4,529 Views, 33 Comments

My Apple Pie - manuccia



Soarin' gets a visit from Spitfire on Hearts and Hooves Day

  • ...
4
 33
 4,529

My Apple Pie - Part 2

The Sun was slowly rising over the horizon. Soarin’ was beginning to awake from his slumber. He slowly opens his eyes and finds he is not in his bed, but laying on a cloud out in the open. ‘What am I doing out here? Why am I not in my bed?’ He asked himself trying to remember why he is out here. ‘Did I fly in my sleep again?’ Soarin’ was beginning to get nervous. ‘But that was an amazing dream. I finally asked Spitfire out, and she said yes. Too bad it was just a dream.’ As he was replaying his dream in his head he tried to stand up, but found he was unable to. As he tried to move he felt something warm press against his chest. ‘What is that?’ Looking down he saw a sleeping Spitfire wrapped in his hooves. She was nuzzled in to his chest and he could feel her soft rhythmic breathing. A grin began to grow on Soarin’s face at the sight of the sleeping mare in his hooves. ‘It wasn’t a dream. I did it, I really did it.’ All Soarin’ could do is smile at the golden mare never wanting this moment to end.

After a few moments Soarin’ looked back at the rising sun and slightly began to panic. ‘Oh no, I am supposed to be in class right now. This is not good, what do I do!?!’ He began to think at a mile a minute. ‘Maybe if I get up now I can eat breakfast and then I can book it to class and get there on time. No, I can eat on the way. Or I could….’ As Soarin’s thoughts rambled on he felt the resting mare tighten her grip around him. He looked down at the mare; she now had her head resting on Soarin’s shoulder. ‘You know what, who cares about class. We both graduate in a month; I guess we can miss one day.’ Soarin’ began to run his hoof through Spitfire yellow and orange mane and saw a smile grow on her face.

As they were laying there Soarin’ began to hear Spitfire mumbling something in her sleep while she was nuzzling Soarin’ shoulder. ‘She must be having a good dream.’ Soarin’ chuckled. ‘I wonder what she is dreaming about.’ He asked himself as moved his ear down to her muzzle.

“… I love you Soarin’….”

Soarin began to tear up at Spitfire’s comment. He whispered in her ear, “I love you too, Spitfire.” He planted a small kiss on Spitfire’s forehead. Spitfire began to stir and slowly began to wake from her slumber.

Spitfire slowly opened her eyes and looked up into Soarin’s emerald eyes. “Morning Soar,” she said softly.

“Morning ‘Fire.” Soarin’ said as he slowly moved his muzzle down to Spitfire until their lips meet in a short, but sweet kiss.

Spitfire looked a Soarin’ with a smirk on her face. “Woah Soarin’, we just started dating yesterday.” She said playfully.

Soarin’s expression went flat. ‘Oh no, oh no, oh no….” He began to sweat and thinking of all the horrible ways this situation could end. “Ohh… I… I’m s-s-sorry about the Spitfire. I guess I… I wasn’t thinking and… and….” He rambled nervously.

Spitfire put a hoof over his mouth to stop his rambling. “It’s ok Soarin’. I was just joking.” Soarin’ breathed a sigh of relief. After a few seconds Spitfire removed her hoof and planted a kiss on his lips. “I had a wonderful time last night.”

“I did too.” Soarin’ said. “I’ve always loved watching the sunset and I am glad I got to share it with you.” Soarin’ said as he buried his muzzle into Spitfire’s mane. “Hey, Spitfire can I ask you something.” Soarin’ asked as moved his so he was looking into Spitfire’s amber eyes.

“Sure, what is it?” She asked tilting her head to the side.

Soarin’ thought for a second looking for the right words. “Why did you come to my house yesterday?”

“I wanted to talk to you.” She explained. “I saw that you looked upset in school yesterday and I wanted to make sure you were ok.” Both of the ponies thought back on the previous day. A smirk grew on Spitfire’s face. “You looked so nervous yesterday.” Spitfire said with a slight chuckle.

“I have never been so nervous in my life.” Soarin’ confessed as Spitfire buried her muzzle in Soarin’s neck. That was the truth, Soarin’ had never been that nervous in his entire life. “Hey, ‘Fire.”

“Yeah, Soarin’” Moving her head so she could look into Soarin’s eyes.

“Can we stay like this for a while?” He asked with a sheepish smile. Spitfire simply nodded and rested her head back on Soarin’s neck. Soarin’ began to think about the mare in his embrace and why he loved her. ‘She has always been there for me. She was my first real friend, and now she is my special somepony.’ Sun continued to rise and Cloudsdale was abuzz with activity, but the two ponies didn’t care. The only thing that mattered to Soarin’ was the mare in his embrace, and for Spitfire it was the Pegasus she was cuddled up with. They were in their own world and they were happy.

“I love you Spitfire.”

“I love you too Soarin’.”

The two ponies began to think to the future. They knew no matter what life threw at them they would they would have each other.


**
Two years later

Soarin’ and Spitfire both achieved their foalhood dreams of joining the Wonderbolts. It was Hearts and Hooves day and Soarin’ was washing up in the Wonderbolts’ locker room. Soarin’ was excited for tonight, and had a special night planed for Spitfire. Soarin’ quickly finished washing himself and after he hung up his uniform in his locker he took off towards his home. It was a short flight from the Wonderbolts’ practice field to his home and as he approached his house he saw Spitfire waiting for him. As Soarin’ approached her, she turned and smiled at him.

Soarin’ landed next the mare. “Ready for tonight?” Soarin asked.

Spitfire nodded and gently nuzzled the stallion. Both of the ponies entered the small house and Soarin’ led them into the kitchen. As they entered and Spitfire saw two apple pies sitting on the counter and one was in the shape of the heart. Spitfire sat down at the table as Soarin’ went and grabbed the heart shaped pie.

“I made this pie for you.” He said giving the pie to the mare.

“What about you?” Spitfire asked.

Soarin’ grabbed the other pie off the counter and sat down across from Spitfire. “Don't worry. I have this one, I hope you enjoy it.”

“Thanks Soarin’.” Spitfire said. Soarin’ watched as Spitfire began to dig into the sweet apple delicacy. After a few bites she found a small black box. She pulled out the object and studied it. “What is this Soarin’?” She inquired.

“Why don’t you open it?” He Said with a growing smile on his face.

Spitfire gave Soarin’ a confused look and slowly opened the box. In the box she saw a gold necklace and a charm in the shape and winged lightning bolt exactly like Soarin’s cutie mark. Soarin’ got up from his seat and trotted over to Spitfire. Spitfire was constantly switching her gaze from the necklace to the stallion next to her. She knew what this meant and she couldn’t believe it. Soarin’ was getting nervous. ‘Is she going to say no? What if she doesn’t want to marry me?’ The what ifs flooded Soarin’s mind. He closed his eyes expecting the worst. After a few moments of silence he felt himself being tackled to the floor of his cloud home. He opened his eyes and saw the mare had him in a loving hug.

“Yes Soarin’. Yes I will marry you.” She said as she brought him into a passionate kiss. After they finished their pies. they enjoyed the rest of their night together. All Soarin’ could think about is the future he has to look forward to with Spitfire. He was going to spend the rest of life with the mare of his dreams. His Spitfire, his apple pie.

Comments ( 7 )

Wait... Did you reupload this story? I could have sworn I read it before.

585849

There was some issues when I was editing it.

I sense possible plot twist incoming

Well, that was sugar coated and cavity inducing! :pinkiehappy:

Apple Pie? Sorry man but for some reason I do not think of Sorin'/Spitfire when I see that in regards to a Sorin' ship fic, I think more of Sorin'/Applejack. Still overall a good story.

D'awwwwwwwwwwww! :rainbowkiss:
This was really cute! Short and super sugary sweet. I like a lot. Well done!

Dan

Pay attention to tenses.

Login or register to comment