• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 28,011 Views, 1,918 Comments

A mother, a lover and a man with nothing to lose - Yoni



Celestia wants a child of her own, Celestia finds a lost child to call her own. But is he really the colt she thinks he is, and what happens when an auntie is developing feelings that may cause her to get in trouble.

  • ...
152
 1,918
 28,011

First day in school... again(edited)

Adam felt something prod him in the shoulder. He swatted the offending object away and turned to the other side of the bed.

"Adam, come on. You don't want to be late for your first day of school," a brash, feminine voice called.

"No!" Adam murmured defiantly. He snuggled further into his quilt, enjoying the luxurious feeling it provided. He did not remember falling asleep in his room, but he wasn't complaining now. The last thing he did remember was reading the book together with Celestia.

Now that he thought about it, last night was surprisingly pleasant. Adam did not consider himself to be depressed, at least not in this world. But the sudden change in, well, everything, had put a lot of strain on his new body, and it affected him in the worst way possible.

Punching Discord in the face sure felt nice. And confronting him definitely helped Adam. It gave him a sense of closure knowing how he got here.

But the biggest help of them all was probably Celestia. She was so gentle and patient with Adam to a point that he actually felt bad for all the times that he yelled at her. Sure, she was annoying, a control freak and a someone still needs to pull that broom from her ass, but her protectiveness and affections for the young boy was something he never received from anyone else, and it made him feel weird in a good sense.

A white hoof clad in gold plating came into his field of vision and rattled the colt somewhat violently.

"Okay, okay, I'm up. Jesus, can't a guy get up at his own pace?!"

"Nope," said a unicorn Adam had never seen before. She was female, that much Adam could tell based on her voice, not much on her appearance, though. She wore a suit of golden armor and a helmet that reminded Adam of a legionary helmet from ancient Rome, the only difference being the helmet also had a hole to accommodate a horn.

"Who are you?" Adam grumbled as he reluctantly rubbed the last bits of sleep from his eyes.

"I'm your escort, my name is Tulip," said the guard in a simple tone. It was a bit uninformative, but Adam did not care. He hopped off of the bed and moved slowly to the bathroom to start his morning ritual.

A sound of hooves against tiles could be heard behind Adam. He stopped in his place and turned around. Tulip was mere inches away.

"Uhh, have you heard about the concept of personal space, because you are all over mine!"

"Sorry sir, only doing my job." Tulip took a SINGLE step back. "Is that acceptable?"

Adam was too tired to even facehoof.

He entered the bathroom and began his morning ritual that was reduced from shit, shave and shower to just shit and shower and yet, it took him double the time to complete them. He stepped out of the bathroom looking even more pissed than when he entered.

"Stupid hooves," he muttered. "Always in my bloody way, can't pick up things properly..." Adam then proceeded to mutter some juicy profanities.

"Did you say something, sir?" inquired Tulip.

"No. And don't call me sir, it reminds me of politicians. Bunch of pompous twats anyway…"

With a firm nod, Tulip saluted. Adam sighed and rolled his eyes. It appeared that having a quiet morning was out of the question.

He exited his room and made his way towards the dining hall. It took him about five minutes, which was five minutes too many in Adam's opinion.

The big double doors of the dining hall opened up, revealing a long table already filled with different sorts of cereals, some scrambled eggs, salads, juices, and milk. Celestia and Luna were already there. Celestia had a bowl of some sort of cereal while Luna preferred to go with scrambled eggs.

Tulip stayed in place near the entrance while Adam slowly made his way to his usual seat near Celestia. He almost fell asleep right then and there once he sat on the plush seat. His eyes dropped every so often and he barely had the energy to pour himself a serving of cereals.

Luckily for Adam, Celestia, ever the observant one, had the courtesy of filling Adam's bowl with cereal and milk and gave it to him, her face was way too bright and 'smiley' for Adam's taste.

"Good morning, Adam. I hope you slept well," said Celestia in a cheery voice, furthering annoying the young colt.

"Suuuuuure, I slept just like a baby… waking every two hours."

Celestia giggled and ruffled Adam's mane. "Ever the optimist, I see."

Adam grumbled. He was too tired to swat Celestia's hoof away from him. Not to mention that he kind of liked it.

Slower than a half dead turtle, Adam lifted a spoonful of cereal and milk into his mouth and chewed thoughtfully. Today he would start his first day in school. Well, first day in school here, and honestly, he did not know what to expect. Not only was it a magic school, but it was a magic school for gifted foals. As far as Adam knew, he was not gifted in anything. The only indication of him wielding magic was unfortunately the only gap in his memory, but from what Celestia told him, he was pretty damn powerful.

"Why the long face, Adam? It's a brand new, wonderful day," chirped Celestia.

Adam shot her an angry glare. He hated morning people, with their positive attitude and their stupid smiles and their energetic way of speech. "There's nothing wonderful about mornings," Adam concluded. "If I were in charge of things the night would last forever. Sleep for everyone, yeah… sleep sounds good right now."

"That's what I've been saying," said Luna as she looked excitedly at Celestia.

"No, Lulu. For the last time, I'm not shortening the day."

"Oh, feathers!"

"Luna! Not in front of Adam."

Adam raised his eyebrow. "Really? Feathers? That's the best you can offer? If you want a real 'F' word then there's-"

"T-thank you, Adam, but I can perfectly live with m-myself without knowing your… imaginative vocabulary." Celestia stuttered.

Adam smiled triumphantly. He may have promised not to insult Celestia or Luna, but he never said anything about messing with them. Though Luna seemed more amused than 'messed up'.

"Well," started Adam, gulping down the last few bits of cereal and swallowing the remaining milk, "I think I'll head to school now. Don't want to be late on my first day of school now, wouldn't I? I can't wait to be FRIENDS with all the new foals."

With that said Adam quickly hopped down from his seat and trotted away with Tulip close behind.

Once Adam finally left the dining hall, Celestia heaved a long sigh. "I don't know Lulu, but I suddenly don't think it's such a good idea to put Adam with other foals his age."

"Don't you mean 'pit'?" Luna joked.

"This is serious, Luna! I'm worried. And not just for Adam's safety."

"Hmm, I may have a solution."

"And what, pray tell, might that be?"

Luna rose from her seat and started to walk away. "Sorry, Tia. That's a secret," she teased.


Adam was walking besides Tulip towards the magic academy or something. It was quite a walk, and the bright sun was blinding Adam. Luckily for him, he had just the way to pass the time.

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"No. No! NO!"

Tulip unsheathed her sword and struck the ground beneath Adam's hooves, the sharp end of the blade barely an inch away from Adam's face.

"Wow that was amazing, perfect aim!" Adam gasped.

"What are you talking about?" Tulip returned her sword back to its sheath. "I missed…" Tulip then started walking again.

Adam stood there for a few seconds. Mouth slightly open and hooves planted firmly to the ground. He blinked a few times and gulped before he resumed following Tulip, making sure to stay behind her.

Finally, they reached the academy, and boy was it big. If Adam did not know any better, he would have thought the academy was actually a mini castle. It had towers and a huge entrance that led into the inner courtyard. Stone benches were scattered around the area with a big statue of Celestia at the very middle. Adam could already see a few foals and some more mature ponies inside the academy's grounds.

"Do older ponies attend as well?" he asked Tulip.

"Yeah. This school is for gifted unicorns of all ages. Classes are not divided into age groups but upon the unicorn's level of expertise."

"Well that's dumb. How is that a better system than to simply divide classes by age?"

Tulip sighed. "Because it means the class could progress much more fluidly. And besides, gifted unicorns know better than to break the rules, although there are some rotten apples here and there."

Adam raised his eyebrow for the second time today. "You seem to know an awful lot about this school."

"Well, I should. My daughter's attending this school as well. Maybe if you're lucky you might end up with her in class, she isn't the most expert magic wielder."

"Hmm… that sounds- Wait! Did you just insult me?!"

"I may have," said Tulip, stifling a giggle.

"Touché, touché," Adam praised. "So… where should I go from here?"

"Just give me a sec…" Tulip fumbled inside her armor folds and pulled out a small map of the academy's grounds. "We are here," she said, pointing to the entrance. "You need to go to the principal's office, which is there." Again. She pointed at the map. "You need to deliver him this note right here." She pulled a note and handed it to Adam. "Then you will be examined to see where you are most fitted. From there on out it's smooth sailing."

"Riiiiiiiight, I totally got that." Adam deadpanned.

Tulip shook her head to the sides and smiled. "I'll show you the way then…"

She then entered the Academy's grounds with Adam in tow.

Adam could not help but gaze at the lavish and old looking architecture the academy had to offer. It was not unlike Oxford University, which Adam had the opportunity to see from the inside when he visited his grandparents, his only relatives he did not completely hate. Visiting them was an hour ride on the First Great Western, a British train operating company.

But the magic academy was even more impressive. Aside from the fact that instead of humans it was filled with ponies, the halls and classroom were spotless, as if the academy
was built a few weeks ago, yet it still had that old charm to it.

Paintings as ancient as time itself, depicting different important looking ponies, were hung in the hallways, classrooms and pretty much anywhere with spare space. The wooden tiled halls were lit by chandeliers, which was a bit darker than Adam is used to, but still bright enough. There were a few other inner courtyards for the students to hang out, which consisted of both young and slightly older ponies.

It was like Hogwarts, but ten times cooler.

As Adam followed Tulip down the halls of the magic academy, he could not help but notice that other ponies were looking at him, some with curiosity, but most others with superiority, like they were better than him.

Adam tried not to start a fight. Each time bullies looked at him funny, he would get that urge to pepper their faces. It was a habit that unfortunately came with him to this world.

Adam never saw himself as a bully, not per se. Sure, he mostly started fights but only with other bullies. He never teased weaker students or stole their money or beat them, he only hit bullies, and that was to put them in their place.

Adam stopped mere seconds before he ran his face into Tulip yet again.

"Geez, warn me next time you stop, will you?"

Tulip craned her neck to peer at Adam and smiled. "Don't worry little fella, after I deliver this letter to the principal you won't see me here anymore."

Tulip was about to step through a big wooden door Adam did not see before when he spoke up.

"Wait, you're leaving?"

"Not exactly." Tulip turned around so that she and Adam were face to face now. "I'm just the escort, remember? I will wait for you in the entrance to the academy once you're done for the day. Other than that you're all on your own."

With that said, Tulip entered the office, leaving Adam alone in the hallway.

It did not take long for Adam to draw some unwanted attention as a group of ponies made their way towards him. By their appearance, they were a bit older than Adam. Well, compared to his current age.

The group was made of five unicorns. Three colts and two fillies. The one in the lead, a light blue unicorn with a slick black mane combed backwards, looked down on Adam and sneered.

"Looks like we've got another magic flopper," he said in an obnoxious, arrogant voice.

The rest of the group started laughing like what he just said was the joke of the century.

"I bet he can't even teleport yet," one of the mares in the back said. She had a horrendous dark pink coat and curly yellow mane that looked out of place for Adam. Again, the group laughed.

Adam rolled his eyes. "Do I know you, mate?" he said with as much distaste he could muster.

The group stopped laughing all at once and glared at Adam like he just admitted he was a registered child molester.

"You should!" the leader of the group said. "I'm Gale Mist, son of Gold Plate, though you've probably heard of her."

"Can't say I have," Adam replied nonchalantly, he was not intimidated in the least by those Muppets.

"Well, you should!" Gale Mist shrilled like his was physically insulted. "She's one of the biggest donators to this school. You can even see her portrait here." Gale Mist pointed proudly at a picture of a mare. His smug smile copied hers.

"Wow…" Adam uttered.

"Yeah, I know-"

"Your mom was so ugly, her portrait hung itself."

The group of ponies stared with wide eyes and open mouths at Adam. Gale Mist's mouth slowly closed as he grinded his teeth together.

"What did you say?" he hissed. His horn flared blue as his so called 'friends' took a few steps back, looking fearfully at Gale Mist. Adam was not impressed.

"I didn't stutter. I said… your mom was SO ugly… her portrait… hung itself," Adam said slowly, as if talking to a toddler.

"You… You… you are dead!" Shrieked Gale Mist. He was about to unleash his spell when the door to the principal office opened. With the speed unlike Adam had never seen before, the group of ponies huddled back together and smiled sheepishly as an elderly pony stepped out from the office, Tulip close behind.

"Hmm, Adam I presume?" His eyes shifted down at Adam.

"Yeah, that's me," Adam answered.

The old stallion gave Adam a once over, occasionally muttering 'hmm' and 'ah-ha'. Finally, he sighed. "Doesn't look like much to me," he concluded. Adam felt anger rise in the pit of his stomach and he was about to give the old stallion a lashing, but then the stallion spoke up.

"Ahh, I see you've met Gale Mist." The old stallion trotted up to Gale Mist and his gang and smiled proudly at them. "How are things at home Gale Mist?" he inquired.

"Everything is A okay, Mr. Mustang sir," Gale Mist practically kissed the floor what with how deep his head bowed to Mr. Mustang.

Adam scowled at the pathetic display Gale Mist was showing. Those kinds of people always irked him to no end.

"Pezzo di merda..." Adam muttered under his breath.

Mr. Mustang chuckled politely and looked back at Adam, his smile weakening a tad bit. "So, Adam was it? I expect you to follow the academy's laws to the fullest. This is a respectable establishment with a reputation to keep. For now I will put you in the beginners class until you'll go through the sorting test, then we'll see if you should be put in a more advanced class or… keep your current stature. Am I clear?"

Adam opened his mouth to say some nasty remark when something nudged him. He looked to his side where Tulip was standing, glaring at him.

Adam sighed and bit his lower lip to a point he felt blood trickling into his mouth. "Yes… Mr-

"Principal."

"Yes Principal Mustang sir," said Adam through gritted teeth.

"Good, now run along please. Gale Mist, have a good day."

"Yes Mr. Mustang sir. Have a good day Mr. Mustang sir," replied Gale Mist and his gang before departing, shooting one last withering glare at Adam.

"That goes for you too, Adam. Have a… productive day to you," said Mr. Mustang.

"Yes Principal Mustang sir."

Adam turned around and disappeared behind a corner. He was angry, nay- he was furious. Who does that Gale Mist twat fella think he is? Not to mention that Mr. 'Twonk'. Adam wanted to shout, he wanted to physically hurt someone. But before he did something rash, Tulip came from the same corner and lightly touched Adam in the head.

"I know what you're thinking. Mr. Mustang is a true jerk. He only cares about the reputation of the academy, and will do anything to uphold it. I tried numerous times to tell Celestia about his attitude, but he's more convincing than I am."

"Thanks, that makes me feel sooo much better," Adam muttered.

"Come, I'll show you the way to your classroom, but after that you're on your own. And please, try not to make a fool out of yourself."

"No promises."

Tulip chuckled. "You're a fine kid."


There it was. The door to the classroom.

Adam stood there, looking up at the door in front of him. He wanted to open the door and be over with it, but he could not. He was actually scared.

Why was he scared god damn it! He was seventeen years old. He already passed that phase, and yet, there he was, standing like an idiot in front of a door that held nothing too unfamiliar to Adam.

Then why can't he do it?

"Nervous, huh?" said Tulip. "I know the feeling."

Adam wanted to retort but stopped himself. He was not feeling like an asshole as of this moment. Instead he nodded silently and reached with his hoof to the door handle.

With his amazing door opening skills, Adam twisted the door knob and entered the classroom. The classroom itself was built like a semicircle with the chalkboard hung from the flat bit. Rows of seats faced the chalkboard with a something like forty ponies from different ages sitting on them.

Adam heard somepony clearing their throat and turned his attention towards the only mature stallion in the room, presumably the teacher.

"And you are?" the light brown stallion inquired.

"I umm… the new student?"

A few ponies chuckled around the room at Adam's expanse. At that moment, Adam wanted nothing then to punch himself in the head.

"Another one I see…" the teacher remarked. "Oh well, have a seat then, quickly now."

Adam nodded before looking back a Tulip, who gave him one final reassuring nod before completely leaving him on his own. He glanced at each row of seats, trying to find the best secluded spot. Unfortunately, the only available seat was right next to an excited looking filly.

The oddly familiar filly kept gesturing Adam to the spare seat next to her and Adam could not help but sigh.

He walked up the shallow flight of stairs until he reached the designated row. He could see the filly more clearly now. Her coat was a magnificent greyish blue with a light azure shoulder length mane and a pair of enchanting turquoise eyes.

Only when Adam was a hoof length away from her did he realize who she truly was.

'LUNA!'