• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 1,559 Views, 9 Comments

Mah oblaan Monahven - The Psychopath



Solv Skog, the last dragonborn, finds himself at the throat of the world before Paarthurnax, ready to read the Elder Scroll, but something wrong happens.

  • ...
5
 9
 1,559

Reaper's Scythe

Author's Note:

Yes. I know the chapters seem to be shrinking. No. I never make a chapter below one-thousand words.

Also, taking a small break from my book writing. At 36k words. Probably more than halfway done? (bragging)

The serpentine creature stared at Solv for awhile, seemingly oblivious to whatever it was being told. The body of this particular dragon seemed very strange to it. In fact, it seemed very familiar, but that didn't affect its aggression.

"So? What are you? Do you even know what I'm saying?"

"You do not know me? ...I am shocked. Dragons and Ejge know each other. Why do you not, Dragon's Reaper?"

"Dragons' Reaper?"

The ejge surrounded its body in shimmering yellow electricity, brightening its yellow scales in the sunlight. Solv understood its true intentions and tried to ready himself for combat, but he was a dovah now, not a Nord. As such, he quickly fell on his back after trying to stand up.

"Curses! I forgot! No matter. It might get a free shot, but my scales should be able to absorb the strike."

This leniency to an unknown enemy would prove a great judgement of error, as the ejge bolted at the fallen dragon, slicing through his scales and flesh, causing Solv to roar in pain. His adversary was not done yet, however, as it soared through the sky and was making another turn. If the dragon could not attack by conventional means, then he would have to fight like a dovah. With courage, the wounded beast stood back up, looked straight at the incoming bolt of electricity, and shouted:

"Fus Roh Dah!"

A tremendous sound wave smashed into the unsuspecting ejge, throwing it far away and into the ground. Solv was shocked by the tremendous power his shout held. He was never capable of doing something like that before. He felt his inner child come back out as he began to have fun with his new powers. While he admired his work, the serpentine creature rose out of the crater and shook its head. It didn't take long for it to resume the attack. Although a dragon, Solv still was still a powerful and experienced warrior.

He prepared himself and watched what this creature would do, but to his surprise, it charged directly at him in a spiral pattern, creating a dangerous funnel of lightning that seemed to be dragging its surrounding into it like a vacuum.

"Heheh. Let's see what happens if I shout Feim Zii Gron!"

Much to the ejge's surprise, it passed right through Solv and smashed into the hill behind him and seemed stunned.

"I don't know what you are, or what you want with me, but I cannot let you stay here and continue these assaults. Rii Vaaz Zol!"

"What sort of unworldly powers are those?" the ejge asked in its hole.

An ethereal ring of purple energy latched itself onto the ejge, tearing away its soul. Yet, instead of going to Solv, it dissipated. The dragon smacked its forehead.

"Of course! I left all my soul gems on my original body. Although...its body isn't reanimating either. I wonder wh--"

Solv was caught off guard by an ice ball smashing just a few centimeters away from him and freezing a huge portion of the ground it touched. The dragon just looked at the surface then tried to determine where the ball came from. He turned around a few times, then was attracted to a flash he saw far away near some mountains. It looked an immense amount of fellow dovah and the 'ejge' were fighting. It seemed to be a forest area that was being destroyed and damaged quite thoroughly. Several birds were trying to fly away, but only a few were capable of avoiding the breath of the dragons and the bodies of the ejge.

Taking this time to observe and understand the dovah of this world as well as these creatures who seemed to be more than capable of fighting them and, apparently, defeating them, as seen by one ice streak cutting through a flying dragon and causing it to plummet into the mountainside and bounce off of it. At least, that's what it seemed to Solv.

"Why couldn't the dovah create a shout that would allow a zooming view?"

As Solv began to squint and lean forward, the world seemingly began to shake and darken until an enormous pillar of darkness erupted at the combat site. The sound it created was similar to a rumbling volcano. It even looked like some faces were rising and blending into the pillar. The vibrations this pillar was causing were of a tremendous violence and began to shake the world even more violently as it rose higher into the sky and widened with equal measure. The dragon lost his balance and fell off his rear and back onto the ground. After awhile, the pillar dissipated like an eggshell in vinegar, leaving way to an atrocious looking spectacle.

The area the pillar was in seemed tainted with energies of pure darkness. In fact, the dragons and ejge were still there, but they weren't moving. If anything, they seemed frozen in place. Some started to slowly wisp away into nothingness as shadowy tendrils wobbled into existence every now and then. The ground and sky were also tainted. The trees and earth were blackened with some purple added into the mix. They seemed to have been mutated into twisted, horrid versions of themselves. Even the sky was tainted and looked like a hellish, dusty painting. After the last being dissipated, Solv was shocked for a second time. The darkness moved out of the world and seemed to be getting reabsorbed by...the mountain?

"What was that? Maybe that's where the Silver Dragon is? I didn't see a dovah. Well, I have no other leads so I might as well go there. If that was him, he did return the world to normal. I don't need the poison of Oblivion flowing to even this world."


"Draconic Conflicts?" Twilight wondered.

"We don't have time. I need to find--"

"Sister!" a familiar voice yelled.

Luna was flying down with a smile on her face. Her sister flew up immediately and snatched her, crushing the moon princess against Celestia's chest.

"Ow! What are you doing?" Luna protested as she pushed herself away.

"I thought you were dead!"

"Well, as you can see, I'm not."

"What happened to you? Where did you go?"

"Well, you saw what was destroying the town. Fighting a regular fire dragon is one thing, but fighting both it and the viciously dangerous poison dragon was something else. Not only that, but it wasn't a territorial conflict. They were fighting together. So..."

"You awoke the Royal Ejge?!" Celestia roared in pure rage.

"Actually...it was already awake...I just directed it to the city..."

"Without thinking of the consequences it could create?!"

"I didn't think it would be that dangerous. The ejge aren't too threatening and it didn't do much harm anyways."

"Luna, that is the Royal Ejge. It is more than capable of causing tremendous damage. And did you not wonder why it was already awoken?"

"Because they sleep during the night and stay awake during the day?"

"No! The King Dragon is awake. The Draconic Conflicts are upon us."

Luna's pupils shrunk. "But how can that be? They haven't happened since we were fillies. They even had a regular occurrence of around four centuries."

"Exactly! Whatever caused this to happen again is out there somewhere."

"Perhaps it would be wise to call the Dragon Slayers," Luna suggested.

"We have dragon slayers?" Twilight asked.

Celestia and Luna sighed and looked at her.

"Yes, but we usually never call for them. They are...obnoxious..." Luna looked away in annoyance.

"I don't think we have a choice in the matter. The ejge can be dealt with peacefully, if we can find somepony whom they will open up to. In either case, we might be able to--"

Celestia was interrupted by a shrieking sound suddenly erupting from the distance. Powerful winds pushed against the city, throwing debris and ponies away into the air. Many of the stronger pegasi managed to help these unwilling flyers in this storm, but that wouldn't help what they were seeing. A tremendous pillar of pure darkness erupted near the mountains, scaring away what seemed to be both dragon and ejge. The world seemed engulfed by an eclipse as the pillar continued to erupt. The three alicorns were having trouble keeping their eyes open due to all the debris flying into their faces, but they could still see that the pillar seemed to hold what looked like evil spirits.

Finally, it dissipated, leaving way to a tainted world with frozen ejge and dragons that seemed to have been consumed by the darkness. Much to Twilight's surprise, they seemed to fade out of existence as if they were disintegrating. She couldn't see the rest because of the tree line, but it seemed the darkness that had corrupted that section of the forest was being reabsorbed into the mountain and returned the forest back to the way it was before the blast.

"Wh...what was that?" Twilight asked

"I don't know, but it seems some ponies here did not follow the evacuation order," Celestia glared at those behind her.

"You're sure you don't know?" Luna smirked.

Celestia looked at her sister, then rolled her eyes in annoyance."Fine. It's the Silver Dragon..."

"Who?" Twilight asked, "I feel like I'm doing nothing but asking questions here and not getting any answers."

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by MrAJL deleted Dec 28th, 2014
Login or register to comment