• Published 15th Aug 2014
  • 1,559 Views, 9 Comments

Mah oblaan Monahven - The Psychopath



Solv Skog, the last dragonborn, finds himself at the throat of the world before Paarthurnax, ready to read the Elder Scroll, but something wrong happens.

  • ...
5
 9
 1,559

The King Dragon and the Royal Ejge

As Solv slowly left the dead town, panic was happening in Canterlot castle as well as the Councilors' Chambers. Ponies were galloping and flying left to right in a frantic mess with papers following suite. The castle itself was practically empty and void of any guards as they had all been set up around Canterlot to bolster its defenses. Bizarrely, by logic, any pony would evacuate the city and try to find refuge somewhere, but this event was a different one entirely. No matter where you went, you wouldn't be safe. Twilight and Fluttershy had just arrived at the frantic bustling of the castle and looked like they had just climbed a single mountain several times. Their manes were all ruffled, and they were panting, but they wouldn't get any rest.

"Excuse me!" yelled a stallion holding a huge stack of papers on his back.

"Hey!" Twilight protested as she jumped out of the way.

"Come on, Twilight. Let's get to the princess as fast as we can...if that's alright with you," Fluttershy said.

"Good idea. Let's go. I'll teleport us to the Councilors' Chamber."

The lavender alicorn grabbed Fluttershy, and the two teleported away from the castle's entrance. The spell didn't even cause a reaction from the surrounding ponies. With a floop sound, the two mares appeared in the Councilors' Chamber. Only Celestia and a huge mound of paperwork was present. Instead of being sat at her podium, the princess was sitting at the table and filling everything out. She looked stressed and exhausted.

"P-Princess?" Twilight stuttered.

The mare looked up at her student groggily. Judging by her bloodshot eyes and her dampened fur, she hadn't slept or taken a bath for quite a few days.

"Princess Celestia! You look terrible! When did you last sleep?"

"I...I cannot stop. I have to...file everything for...for everypony's sake...'

"Huh?"

"Let me have a moment to rest."

The two mares looked at each other with worry, then both took a seat opposite from Celestia. A few minutes passed, and Celestia still had her head up and eyes closed.

"Princess Celestia? Is everything alright?"

The princess didn't respond. Instead, her head fell down and she smacked her face against the table, violently waking up then losing balance and crashing onto the floor.

"Ow," she moaned.

"I'm sorry. I didn't react in time." Twlight apologized.

"It's okay...Twilight," Celestia replied as she rubbed her head.

"So, why did you call Fluttershy and I? What's going on with the city?"

"Well...The dragons have become extremely active. It's an activity that shouldn't be happening."

"I've noticed. Spike has been trembling in my room. He seems both extremely sick and terrified of something," Twilight remembered.

"I haven't noticed anything anything with the animals, and I don't want to have to face dragons," Fluttershy shook.

"I know, Fluttershy, but this is why I also asked for you. You, of all ponies, should know the dragons."

"Well..."

"She's terrified of them, but I'm sure she knows more than she's willing to say," Twilight chuckled.

"Be that as it may, we have another problem. From time to time, the dragons enter in conflict with the ejge," Celestia added.

"The what?" Fluttershy wondered.

"You...You don't know?" Twilight asked her friend.

Fluttershy shook her head in response.

"They have the same ancestors as the dragons. You know, 'Living in groups and shunning out draconic troops, watch the ledge for the ejge'."

Fluttershy shrugged.

"I didn't think they were real. Nopony has ever really seen them before," Fluttershy said.

Celestia cleared her throat and said:

"Well, then let me just tell you what they are. Like Twilight has said, the ejge possess the same ancestor as the dragons, but they evolved with such drastic differences that nopony knows what caused them. As everypony knows, dragons are gigantic beasts whose hides are nigh impenetrable. They also have extreme muscular strength and, depending on the species, can breathe a variety of elements. Some even have some control over magic. However, the ejge are the complete opposite.

Instead of having massive bodies of power, they are serpentine in appearance with a blade-like protrusion at the ends of their tales. Their scales are extremely smooth and aerodynamic, creating little to no wind resistance. They also have no eyes and two mouths on their heads. As for their wings, they are gigantic, being nearly twice the size of their owners. The ejge ARE quite small compared to dragons, though."

"Then what's so special about them? They can't fight with dragons like that, not that I would want them to. I don't like it when animals hurt themselves." Fluttershy wondered

"Where dragons are built for defense and strength, ejge are built for speed and agility. Their scales aren't just smooth, they're viciously sharp. Unlike dragons, the ejge will surround their entire bodies with their element and become a flying dagger. They're capable of slicing through a dragon's scales and hitting what's underneath, and where dragons are usually alone until migration or mating seasons, the ejge live in secluded societies."

"That's what some researchers say, at least," Twilight interrupted.

"The truth is, we know next to nothing about the ejge. Unlike the dragons who are prideful, the ejge prefer to keep to themselves, but, lately, dragons have begun invading their territory and vice versa."

"What do you think is the cause?" Twilight asked.

"We don't know. I was hoping that Fluttershy would be able to converse with one of the dragons were we to capture one."

"Well...if he's really tightly secured...I could...If he doesn't breathe fire or...No! I couldn't! I--"

"It's okay, Fluttershy. We aren't asking you to do that right away," Celestia comforted.

"So, do you have any ideas on why they've become so active?" Twilight asked.

"No. I don't, but my councilors and draconic researchers do. Supposedly this happens every four centuries. Strangely enough, this never happened when I was on the throne."

"I wonder why," Twilight thought aloud.

Without warning, several bells began to chime throughout the castle, frightening the three in the chamber.

"Alert! Alert! Two dragons are attacking Canterlot. Alert! Secure and evacuate civilians. This is not a drill!"

Although there were practically no guards in the castle, the thundering sound of galloping hooves rumbled throughout the castle corridors. Fluttershy decided to hide under the table, making Twilight roll her eyes. Mustering up her strength, Celestia teleported outside of the castle walls, quickly being followed by Twilight. It seemed that two very different dragons were destroying the city of Canterlot. The defenses weren't yet ready, so there was no way to properly fight them. One of them were fighting a blue alicorn from afar. While her beams and spells were good, they were only irritating the dragon. It didn't take long for the spells to stop and the flying dragon to fly away then back towards the city and belch out fire. The one smashing through the city seemed to be a poison dragon, as its body was green and seemed half-melted and it was exhaling noxious fumes.

"Twilight, quickly! We have to get there and help my sister fend them off. Get as many injured as you can to safety and protect them," Celestia ordered.

"Right."

With a nod, Twilight and Celestia started flying towards the city. That is, until a high pitched shout that resembled freezing wind flowing through an ice cavern reached everypony's ears. For some reason, Twilight and Celestia began to tremble, and the dragons stopped their actions and looked up, the flying one looking around. There was no sound for a time, then the shout came again, and a gigantic monster flew from over the mountains. While the dragons were enormous enough that they were capable of occupying a block by themselves, this thing seemed to be much larger than even they. Without a second to spare, the flying dragon stopped flapping its wings. Before it even knew what happened, it began to compress into a singularity until it became a tiny ball that fell to the ground with a violent thunk. The other began to panic and belched out breath after breath of toxic fumes. A strange projectile of blue electricity tore away at that fumes, causing them to dissipate almost immediately, but it didn't stop there. It punched into the toxic dragon that found itself flying through the buildings of Canterlot and out of its walls just to slide into the ground and lay there. It was dead, it seemed. It didn't take long for the creature to screech again and disappear quickly into the distance, leaving silence for the wind and crackling fire to do their jobs.

"Wh-what was that?! And what about Princess Luna? ...Princess Celestia?" Twilight asked Celestia while still trembling.

"That...Oh no. That was the Royal Ejge. If it's out, the the King Dragon is awake as well...The Draconic Conflicts are upon us."


Solv had nearly gotten the walking cycle as a dragon down. Sure, he had fallen down a couple of times, but it was becoming less frequent, and he was nearing the town. He would have perfected himself better had he not been frightened by a white, serpentine creature that landed right in front of him. It was slightly smaller than he was.

"What in Talos' name? What manner of creature are you? What do you want?"