• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,716 Views, 20 Comments

My Dear Celestia... - Prince Furo



No, I'm not confused, evil, or chaotic. I'm just me.

  • ...
3
 20
 1,716

My Dear Celestia...

I open my eyes to gray. Cold, dull, gray. Did I even open them? When closed, I see the same.

Gray.

I blink several times. Or at least think I blinked several times. I can't even tell anymore; it's not like I can bring my hands up to my face and check. Or look into a mirror. I can't even wiggle my toes.

I suppose one might wonder what atrocity I caused to end up in this pathetic state. In all honesty, I never meant to cause such trouble.

Or rather, I didn't realize how unhappy Equestrian civilians were living under my rule. Not one pony ever told me that, not one! I was a fool, blinded by my own power. Only now do I see the error of my ways. If somepony had told me that, I would've changed. I would've built a world not only entertaining for myself, but also a world where ponies could live in happiness.

Too bad nopony ever gave me the chance to do that.

I wonder why everypony was so afraid to confront me. Was it my appearance? I admit, I could come off as a bit frightening when it comes to first impressions. But I'm not completely sure anymore since I can't exactly remember what I look like.

Was it because they feared getting hurt? I assure you, in all my days of ruling, I had never once hurt anypony. I have been known to pull a few harmless pranks and things of that sort, but nothing that would ever actually harm somepony.

The only ponies who ever dared to confront me were the alicorn sisters: Celestia and Luna.

But they didn't do so in a very kind manner.

There I was, minding my own business, when two alicorns came out of nowhere and began attacking me. I didn't fight back; no, scratch that. I couldn't fight back. Not only did they not give me enough time to counter their attacks, but I didn't know how to either. I had never fought anypony in my entire life... and I sure didn't want to start that day.

I tried to desperately call out, hoping they might stop and instead try to talk with me. But they ignored my cries.

My cries turned to screams; screams that only appear in nightmares. But my nightmare was real... and it's name was Celestia.

The white alicorn circled around me, shooting beams of magic from her horn. They were incredibly hot, like fire. Her perfect aim sent the shots directly on my neck. I heard the sizzling of my fur as it turned black and scorched my skin. I didn't have time to think, everything hurt. Luna flew in from behind, piercing my shoulder with her long, sharp horn. Once she pulled it out, I could feel the warm liquid crawl down my arm. It dripped to the ground, staining the dirt with brilliant splashes of crimson.

I whimpered from the pain and dropped to my knees. The alicorns were merciless, and continued attacking. I looked up only to find my eyes locked with Celestia's. They were filled with only what I could describe as hatred. Pure hatred... for me.

From that point on, everything was a blur. It was hard to see view my surroundings through the hot tears that didn't seem to stop. I only remember the sisters announcing something about 'The Elements of Harmony', whatever that was, and my so called 'evil' rule coming to an end.

And after that... darkness.

This whole predicament is rather unfair in my case. If only everypony heard my half of the story, maybe I wouldn't be imprisoned in stone. Perhaps Celestia, Luna, and myself could all have ruled over Equestria together. But it's all too late for thoughts like that. Celestia didn't 'save' everypony from me; she stole what was rightfully mine.

If everypony knew what really happened, she would be stripped of her power. Nopony would kiss the the ground she walked on anymore, or refer to her as a God of sorts. I would be freed from my prison and resume my rule. It would be perfect.

I know better than to get my hopes up, though. I'm forever doomed to an eternal life of stone. My only source of comfort lies in my own thoughts.

Everyday is the same. Staring at the same gray spot. Thinking the same thoughts. Hearing the same remarks around me.

Did I mention that yet? I can hear what goes on around me. From what I've gathered, I've been placed in a garden in the grounds of Celestia's castle. Ponies wander through the garden often, admiring the 'beautiful' statues and the work put into making them.

...Then they get to me.

The reactions of ponies can sometimes vary, but they almost always end in laughter. Some gasp upon seeing me. Others question each other. But I've never once heard a pony say anything along the lines of, 'I wonder how it feels to be sealed away in stone,' or, 'That poor guy,' or anything remotely close to that. No, it's always the same.

'Why does he have a lion paw and a snake tail?'

'I'm sure glad I didn't live in the era he ruled in.'

'Wow, he's hideous!'

'Thank Celestia for saving us from such a monstrosity.'

I can every one of their snide remarks. I'm able to picture their faces as they laugh and jeer at me. As if being stuck in stone isn't enough.

If only everypony could hear me. Things would be so much different. ...Or would they not even care? ...I'm guessing it's the latter.

Thank you so much, my dear Celestia. Thank you for subjecting me to a life of torment and unfairness. I really do appreciate it. Not only did you turn my exterior into stone... I'm pretty certain you turned my heart to stone as well.

No, I'm not confused, evil, or chaotic.

I'm just me.

Comments ( 20 )

For a first fanfic... really good! :pinkiehappy:

this was well writen. if it was longer, i would definitely suggest it to my friends.

450991
Thank you! :twilightsmile:

450995
Thanks! :pinkiesmile:

Really good. Should be featured.

451088
My pleasure. Do you have any other ideas for next brilliant stories?

Pretty interesting. It's nice seeing things from Discords perspective :) well done

pretty good for a first fanfic :twilightsmile:

Wow, I never expected for my first story to get so many comments. :pinkiesad2: You guys are the best.:heart: It even made the little brown sidebar on the home page labled 'Popular Stories'. Amgskdafsadf.:heart::heart:

451174
I'm not sure if it's good enough to get featured... but I'm very glad you think so! :twilightsmile::heart:

451192
c:
I'm thinking about doing another one-shot like this from Discord's perspective. Since this one was before the beginning of season two took place, I'd like to dabble in his feelings of after breaking free, only to be imprisoned once more. But besides that, I'm working on a fluffy oneshot, if you like shipping fics. :raritywink:

451289
Thank you! :twilightsmile:

451489
Thanks a bunch :pinkiehappy:

452271
All according to my plan... :trixieshiftright: -inseartevillaughterhere-

Loved. It. Make a sequel where Someone is finally remorseful, like fluttershy or Twilight. :heart:

453478
Thank you! :pinkiesmile: Not a bad idea, I'll think about it. :twilightsmile:

453747
:heart:
Yay! A hurt/comfort possibility!
Is it bad of me to thoroughly enjoy sad and hurt/comfort fics? :rainbowdetermined2:

453764
Not at all. I love to indulge in reading fics like that. Or at least indulge in writing them. :raritywink:

452611
I'm not much into romances, but I can't wait to read the second one-shot on Discord. :twilightsmile:

454544
Awesome! :pinkiehappy: Hopefully it'll be out in a few weeks. :pinkiesmile:

*claps hands once and rums them together*
Right, that's it.
*grabs equuipment*
Im going to go break Discord out now and have him show everypony the truth because he is amazing....and I want Cotton candy clouds.
Be back in a tick.

481887

Awesome! And don't forget the chocolate milk rain! :raritywink:

:fluttershbad:455701 I take it you're not making a sequel... It's been 12 weeks:ajsmug::ajsmug: Cool stiry:moustache:

904932 Haha, actually I did add a second chapter a while ago... only to be deleted a few days ago by myself. :trollestia:

This story was intended to be a one-shot, and reading back on the other part of it made me realize it was rushed, sloppy, and just didn't fit with the rest of the story. I personally think the first chapter standing alone represents what I wanted to get out best, short and sweet and to the point. Sorry about that. :c Maybe in the future I'll do something more with this, but nothing planned for now.

Oh! If you really wanted, I still have the second chapter saved on my computer. If you wanted to read it I could send it to you through a pm or something. :3

Login or register to comment