• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,130 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,130

unforseen consequences

*third person, Baltomare police station*

“Whatever it was, it was brutal in how it killed them.” Glider barely managed to whimper it out. “It killed Swipe with a single touch of its tail!”

“...That wasn’t what happened to him… The bodies were recovered a few hours ago, and it isn’t pretty. Now can you please tell me what it looked like?” Shield Rack had been trying to get answers out of Glider for the last few hours, to minimal success, as Glider hadn’t even responded to his voice until a few minutes ago, instead, he had been just sitting there, staring at the wall with a haunted look in his eyes.

“At first it looked like a normal mare, pretty easy target. she went down an alley and we moved in, Lead took a pipe to her head and knocked her down, we went through her bags and only found this… shell thing, no bits. That’s when Swipe thought we could get something else from her. But she stood up before we did anything. That’s when she burst into a pillar of blue flames and our ‘easy target’ looked pissed off. It was covered in black shiny chitin, like a beetle, even had wings like one too. Like some type of beetle pony.”

“You said something about its tail? How it took down Swipe with a single touch of it?”

“Yeah, yeah. It had something that looks like a manticore stinger, it hid it under its wings.”

“How did the fight go down? I’ve seen the aftermath, but I need to know what happened.”

“Lead rushed it with the pipe he used before, it blocked him and r… ripped out his throat! Swipe was next, he rushed after Lead charging up a spell, probably a paralyzing spell he’s used before, instead of blocking this time it dodged him and caught him with its tail and he went down. Umbra tried to fly away and I would have followed him, but I saw it run straight up the wall and I flew away, not up, just away. I heard something hit the ground and b-bones b-breaking as I flew.”

“Umbra was the lucky one. He died on impact. Swipe on the other hoof…”

“Swipe didn’t die to some sicko poison?”

“No, he did, but we found two different poisons in his bloodstream. He was paralyzed while that creature went to town on him. Both poisons were fast acting, so for him to take that much of a beating and then die suggests he was given the lethal poison afterwards, as none of the wounds he sustained would have killed him in the given timeframe.”

“That thing beat him? How badly did it torture him before it killed him?”

“Not sure I should tell you, we’ve never seen an act of violence of this magnitude before. Before, you said it looked like a normal mare. Could you describe what it looked like before the incident?”

“b-but, it’ll come after me if it knows I brought this to you ponies!”

“I wouldn’t worry about that, we’re taking you into custody, you’ll be under our protection.” ’Pending an investigation into several thefts, but he doesn’t need to know that yet.’

“It was one of those performers that came into town, the light purple one!”

“I think thats all I needed to hear for now.” Shield Rack stood up, and left the room, heading for the main hall, where every guard in the city had gathered, waiting to help take down whoever or whatever did this. “Guys… I finally got him to talk. And the news isn't good.”

“Define ‘not good’ please.”

“It can shapeshift. And its not alone either, if that shell we found at the crime scene is anything to go by. It’s also potentially venomous, with both a paralyzing agent and a neurotoxin, both fast acting. And judging from what our witness told us, its had combat experience, considering it didn't take a single hit after it revealed itself. Its also possible that it can fly and seems to have some form of magic of it’s own. Its a killing machine, pure and simple, one that can pop up nearly anywhere, at nearly any time, with nopony knowing until its on the attack.”

“You're kidding, how are we supposed to take on something like that!?”

“We may have to turn this over to the Lunar Guard.”

“And who know what that monster is thinking right now…”


*Shinkiro*

“I don’t know weather to laugh, or be plain disgusted, at what you were doing in that shower. I mean, if me touching you was that pleasant, then what made you think it was a good idea to take a shower?!” Yeah… that happened. god I feel so dirty...

“I wasn’t thinking, I felt gross and wanted to get the gunk off.”

“And that wasnt all you got off in there.”

“Don’t remind me…” I didn't realize my mistake until after the shower had begun pelting me with water, which essentially overloaded my sense with how… great it felt. Sugar had heard me moaning, and walked into the bathroom to see what the heck was happening, and well… It wasn’t just the gunk going down the drain.