• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,128 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,128

nymphs and a lost soul

“Peeko, the light fixture is not your personal warm spot. How did you even get up there anyway?”



“Spider chase!” she replied, leaving me confused.



“Did you chase the spider, or did the spider chase you?”



“Spider chase!”



“Peeko, stop, your confusing me” I said, getting frustrated



“Spider!” She cried again



Sugar seemed just as confused about as I was. “Do you know what Peeko’s going on abou-”



“Spider!” This time it wasn’t Peeko that cried out. Trixie came running down the hall into the living room and nearly toppled Sugar over, and would have if I didn’t catch her. Trixie herself ran past us and towards the front door, yelling. “There is a spider in Trixie’s room!”



Both Sugar and I had to look down the hall to Trixie’s room. At the end of the hall, I heard pigment and Tranquil crying in the bathroom across from the doorway Trixie just came through. We shared a glance and I walked towards Trixie’s room. Visions of the monstrous creature that now laid claim to the room, fangs dripping with poison, and eyes black and empty. The eyes of a killer with no emotion, cold and distant.

I opened the door, Sugar behind me with a newspaper. The room looked empty. Walking in, I stepped on something. A chill went down my spine at the thought of what it was. Looking down at my hoof…



I had stepped on it. It was big though, could have passed for a tarantula. I can see why the nymphs would have been afraid of something big enough to Facehugger them, but Trixie?



“Well that was anti-climatic.” I muttered, scraping the dead insect off my hoof.


While messages can be intercepted. Dreams or rather nightmares can not and Shin left quite the impression on Glider and the guards. So much so Luna could not help but notice. “ In all my years i have never seen a nightmare this frightening”Luna said as she watch the large monster chase the stallion. The beast was a sight to see vaguely pony like with a mouth full of blooded teeth, too many to fit it a normal mouth, large bladed wings slicing lamp posts to pieces as it flies near them. A tail dripping with poison, and claws, very large sharp claws still covered in the remains of ponies most likely friends of the stallion named Glider. “I must alert sister about this monster hunting ponies this nightmare is too stable and similar to the guards to be fake,” Luna thought to herself as she gave the victim a dreamless sleep just as the monster was on him, drool pouring from it’s maw.

“Celestia there is a need for the elements summon your student this is dire news!” Luna yelled to her sister thankfully when there was a break in Day court. “What is it dear sister?”. Was Celestia’s response. “I will inform you when you student and her friends are here this need to be told all at once and i don't want to repeat myself.”was Luna’s response.

{Later when mane six arrive}

“Announcing the arrival of the Elements of Harmony!” a guard yells out attracting the attention for the princess as Celestia tries in vain to get Luna to tell her what she summoned them for. “So whats up Princess have another evil needs stomping or what” ask Rainbow hartley. “I'm afraid not this is no foe the elements can defeat.” Luna responded. “WHAT” they all yelled shocked “this is no being of evil or darkness the elements will have no effect. No we face a monster while i do not know how it came to be or what it truly looks like i am certain a monster roams the land i have seen it through the dream realm. Luna explained “w-what do you want us to do” fluttershy whispered cowering in fear “i simply ask you keep an eye out for this monster.” was all Luna could say. “I fear what this beast is doing right now”


“Peeko! Peeko! WHERE ARE YOU!! God damnit where the hell are you.” I shouted. Peeko ran outside into the woods spooked by the spider know we can’t find her. “Did you find her yet?” suger asked walking up behind me. “No. I can still feel her through our connection so i know she's alive but she's too young and panicked to give any idea where she is” I respond. If not for our connection I would be panicking so much but at least I can tell she's safe if at the moment spooked. At least that's what I thought before her panic skyrocketed. “Oh fuck!” i heard the echos of a small explosion. “OH fuck oh fuck oh fuck”.



“What in celestia's name was that!” shouted Sugar in absolute panic.



“I don’t know but i doubt it's good” I respond. Strange, Peeko still seems ok in fact she feels.. joyfull? Suddenly a few more explosions sound. Why does she seems happy all of sudden. If i could i’d be pissing myself right now.



“Um shin should we go check that out...please say no please say no? Sugar asks me shaking a little. “I don’t know sugar would make some sense peeko caused those but why would she be happy about it beyond me” I respond. “Well we can’t just stay here we have got to go find her and that would be the best place to start.” “dang it” Sugar mumbles to herself. We started walking only to hear leaves rustling. “Wh-what's that” Sugar sutters. I get ready to pounce. Only to see Peeko run out with a smile on her face and sap on her forehoof? “Mama mama I made boom boom”.



The only thought in my head at that moment was “how the hell?”



“I made a new friend she made plant go boom boom”. Oooooh a plant exploded wait a plant exploded why would a plant ex. Wait somepony found Peeko!!!!. Oh crap oh crap oh crap.



“Friends helped me find mama.” PEEKO LEAD THEM HERE!!!!. “Come out meet mama.” Peeko called out to the tree line. Soon after a small figure walks out where a heavy gray cloak it looks old as well. The figure is only a little taller then peeko. It moved silently not making a sound as it walk towards us.



There wasn't one discerning piece I could use to tell what the figure was. I decided to speak up. “Give me one good reason not to stuff you in a pod.”



“ Mama no! They friend!” Peeko wailed in objection.



“Sorry dear i can't let anypony i don't trust know about us” i responded not taking my eyes of the silent figure. “Well you going to say something or am i going to have to get creative?”. The figure does not respond. But it slowly reached to one of its forelegs and pulled up the cloak.



Cheese leg.



Fuck. The changeling won't be a risk in the same way. They won't rat me out, but they have to be from Chrysalis’s hive. She must have sent them to keep an eye on me. “Oh that's a pretty good reason” I respond lamely



“See mama friend safe.” I doubt that peeko, I doubt that.



”you could have just told me you were a changeling you know.” The figure made a motion to their throat then shook their head. “Wait you're mute!?!” they nod. Aaaand know I feel like a ass. Can I even use that term here? I think I heard donkeys are sentient here? “Well anyway come in I need to get Peeko ready for bed and honestly i’m too tired for this.”

{That night in the dream realm}

“You will not stop me today Shin I will get answers” Luna thought to herself as she entered the dream realm. “Where are you changeling.” Luna thought annoyed at how hard it is to find Shin even with her skill. there are so many dreamers the realm looks like its own solar system. “There you are” Luna muttered miles away from the nearest dream center. ”Ugh the connections are even stronger. Wait what this magic surrounding her mind? WHAT THIS IS MY MAGIC!” Luna screamed when she tried to enter. “How dare she!? I’m the mistress of dreams! no pony shall stop me fro- wait this orp is different but similar to hers.” Luna noticed a new dream orp near Shin. While Shin’s is a bright blue surrounded by many smaller orp this one a deep green. Or it would be but it's so gray almost all the color is had been sucked away, the green is only holding on by sheer will. “This dream it's, it's so cold yet there no bite like anger or hatred. No this cold I remember that feeling. The feeling of solitude of abandonment. Who are you young dreamer to feel such emotion as strong as mine those years ago.” Luna spoke solemnly as she enter the dream.

{The dream}

Upon entering the dream Luna was knocked back by the sudden chill of a blizzard. “By my moon this blizzard is is as cold as a wendigos at their worst.” and soon luna sees why as a wendigo flouts by ignoring her.” what has this dreamer been through to have them in their dream.” suddenly she heard a voice. “That voice it's from the dreamer. It sound so beautiful but so sad.”

Luna followed the song to discover a figure barely taller than a foal in a thick old gray coat. The figure is walking to what appears to be a cliff face.

The figure stops at the cliff face and places a hoof in the air only for it to stop and show a meadow. A meadow they can never enter.



The figure sung as it looked through to the meadow as figures of many color dance around. Some as small as a foal to three as tall as alicorns one white, one a dark blue, and one a deep black with a green mane. They all ignore the domed blizzard. The figure moves away but the meadow can still be seen.



The song ended as the figure walked away removing the hood . Its then luna realizes the figure never moved its mouth and not a single noise is heard as it walk through the thick snow. ”Who are you to face such sorrow.” Luna spoke aloud. The figure stop and looked behind and let’s luna see it.. No, her, eyes. Eyes a beautiful emerald sheen. If not for the empty look in them. No one could look in those eyes and be happy.



For in those eyes lay a life abandoned. Never to know the love of a mother.

Comments ( 51 )

HOLY SHIT!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!! :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp:

so what does any one think of that ending

adopt that child and give them love!

We're conflicted, on the one hand, holy crap it's alive! On the other... Are you doing ok? The writing style seems to be getting worse over time, we don't want progress to end up breaking the flow...
So we have a starving drone abandoned for dead. Hmmm, probably unaffiliated, but how have they been surviving?
Keep going! ;)

I think something messed up the formatting in the latest chapter, chapter before it had empty space between the paragraphs and this one doesn't.

It's been awhile but good job keep it up hope to see you next chapter sooner

So we have a starving drone abandoned for dead adopt that child and give them love

I dont think the child was "abandoned" but more or less ignored. Chrys. was never a good "mother" to her children, she made them suffer because she suffered. And now her drone see a hive that shares love between queen and hive members freely, instead of hording it all to the queen. It most hurt something bad, realizing your mother is a sociopath that dont care for you or your interests.

The typos were strong with this one.

so... is it safe to say that you've dealt with writer's block?

Yes, No, Maybe?
please sir, may I have some more?

that cliff! ok question we in for a very long wait? or slow wait?

If you need someone to proofread/edit your stories, I have pretty much all day nearly every day available.

The way its written is a bit different, but i'm just happy this story wasn't left behind.

You need a proofreader/prereader my dude. If you want I can help with that, and having more than one helps. I'll ready anything, even unfinished drafts, and can give you strong constructive guidance.

I hope this story continues, I just got the idea to look at when the chapters where written and I notice only one was written this year.

I haven't really figured out, but if the others are right it is a homeless Changeling yes?, I could actually enjoy the possible adoption, maybe even from other foals at the orphanage. If her children have sisters, the passive feeding, could maybe actually make her last long enough till she can use the Crystal Heart in a way.

I would love it if for some reason Peeko and or the others go on a little adventure, meeting Celestia and the main six before Shinko? herself, can do something about it. I'm still curious in which way you maybe plan to let them know about it. I don't think Chrysalis could just hack her mind and see if she told someone already, at least not as long as she doesn't accept another load of informations.

The story is nice enough, I can't say much about how the others saw it, it maybe had some chliches I don't know. I could only mention how I saw it or what maybe usually happens in other stories and that I always could use a difference.

Maybe if everything is over he could show himself to the guard and his wife that wanted to care for him? Maybe they still plan to do exactly that or at least his wife if the main char maybe menions that he is more or less a year old. I mean he more or less only exist a year and I saw similar stories in which even Luna and Celestia talked like this and didn't just made him an adult in their eyes.

8269835
I don't remember anything right now which means that I can't proberly respond to your comment, but what you are saying makes enough sense. I just can't say if I agree with it in that situation.

this is interesting but when will you wright another chapter?

Loving this story, can hardly wait for the next chapter to come out!!

fav and like plz this is good.

Please tell me this one isn't forgotten, I'm really looking forward to this character's chaotic nature. I want top see where you take this.

Another chapter plez?

8552668
it was more of a futureama refrence but that works too

8552677
that's good to hear, I'm glad of the possibility to see it happen in the future.

a different question now. I took a quick look to remember which story this was now that I found it through your comment, but I'm not sure if the main char is Chrysalis or just a different Changeling Queen. Maybe even her daughter?, what was it again?

8552863
Are we sinking or floating? Who knows, and who cares enough to explain this paradoxical terrible reality of a conversational topic? Not me :derpytongue2:

8552866
It may not be exactly as entailed but that was the gist of it. Truthfully? I’m not sure. I’m fairly certain it was a trilogy and I’d like to say it was called the obsidian trilogy but what I found wasn’t it. I recall the books centering around gem colors and black diamonds in particular. It was a rather graphic set of books in many ways of the word. Haven’t been able to locate a copy of the books since.

8593652
.....Not exactly

This fic started out really strong, but it has dropped off pretty hard after the first few chapters. I feel like there's just a lack of general direction to the story in the later chapters. On top of that, the 'protagonist' has become surprisingly callous and unsympathetic towards ponies in general. And the fact that Gilda and Trixie have been reduced to cardboard side characters doesn't help either. At this point I really can't help but feel that this fic had fantastic potential, but just ended up falling apart as the story stretched on.

8627952
I still want to see where this goes if only because of Curiosity

Will you ever return and continue this intriguing story?? :raritydespair:

Marking the one year anniversary of the latest chapter...

Please continue

please continue the story or tell if you still are?

Moar!:flutterrage:

For in those eyes lay a life abandoned. Never to know the love of a mother.

HOW DARE THIS BE THE END

MOAR! :flutterrage:

This is dead or are you on break or something?

I greatly hope that this story continues

9667846
but what you didn't see, was that changeling in the TITLE was spelled changling

Too bad this is dead.

Dang and it was getting good too

Sooo this is dead?

When is the next update?

Last update 19th Apr 2017. Today's date 16th July 2022. . . NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :raritycry:

Login or register to comment