• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,128 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,128

A Nightmares Ressurection

Sugars pov

She had started drawing some complicated shape in the middle of the room with a piece of chalk, after having gotten Trixie to cast that soundproofing spell. For some reason, just looking at what she was drawing filled me with dread. I dared not interrupt what she was doing, instead watching with a morbid fascination. As I looked closer, I noticed that it was some kind of pentagram. Soon, she began drawing symbols inside it, lots of symbols, yet the center of the pentagram had remained untouched. She quickly referred to that book she had, and drew some more symbols. She seemed to be smiling, looking over what she had done, before standing in the center of it. Then she bit her hoof hard enough to draw blood from one of the holes in it, and begun drawing another shape in the center of the pentagram in her sickly yellow blood. Every motion her hoof made seemed to cause the room to darken and chill ever so slightly, until when she had finished it, it might as well have been midnight. She opened a bag she had brought in here earlier, and pulled out a set of…

No... It can’t be!? It was Nightmares Moons armor!

“Komeyt Fin Vulon…” the entire room seemed to shudder as her voice momentarily became much deeper. What kind of gibberish was that? She begun placing the armored shoes at four of the five points in the pentagram and the helmet at the fifth, where the star shape intercepted the circle, and then placed the mantle along with the gem that contained the magic of whatever had been entering her head, in the center.

Then… It happened. The gem rose into the air under its own power, and shattered, leaving some kind of shadowy blob hovering in the air. soon, streams of arcane energy begun arching from the armor pieces to the blob, causing them to slowly disintegrate, as the blob begun taking on the form of an Alicorn. It looked as flat as paper or like a cardboard cutout. It was black but parts of its hooves, chest, and head were a light teal blue as if it had absorbed the armor pieces.

Shinkiro didn’t even blink, instead, a wicked grin spread across her face, as her horn glowed, followed by the thing she had drawn in her own blood. It gave of a blinding flash of light and vanished. When I lowered my hoof from my face, I gasped upon noticing my own shadow along with every shadow except Shinkiros, stretching towards the shadowy Alicorn whom was glaring at Shinkiro. “Who and what are you supposed to be?” It’s voice echoed, as if it was standing in a deep cave.

“Who am I? thats simple, you may refer to me as Shinkiro, as for what I am?” Suddenly, the shadows erupted from the floor and seemed to wrap around the dark Alicorn. “I’m your new master.” The fanged grin on Shinkiros face was downright bone chilling. Soon, the shadowy Alicorn was being dragged kicking and screaming towards Shinkiro, who was actually laughing. Once it was in front of her, tendrils seemed to erupt from Shinkiro’s shadow, and wrap around the Alicorn, before pulling it into her shadow, while it screamed. Covering my ears didn’t help, it still felt like my brain wanted to melt out my ears from how loud and shrill the screaming was. The echoing effect didn’t help.


*shinkiro*

After my spontaneous bout of maniacal laughter had subsided, I looked over to Sugar, who seemed to have passed out in sheer horror. Poor dear. “What do you want of me?” It was in my head. I was a bit surprised she wasn’t raging at me, but who was I to complain. Before the hivemind could react to another intruder, I did my best to mark the Nightmare as welcomed guest, so that the hivemind didn’t attempt to eject her.

’What can you offer?’

“I can offer many things, but what do you want? Power, fame?”

’Really? Fame? You’re asking a species that thrives on deception and anonymity if I want fame?’

“...” I had the feeling she was mentally berating herself for making a fool of herself.

’Define what you mean by power...’

“You will have better control over your magic and better efficiency, using less mana for more complex spell work. As well as expansive knowledge.”

’Well, knowledge is power. Especially the kind they don’t want you to know...’

“Black magic...”

‘Among other things. Its not just magical knowledge I want.

“I can not promise knowledge of everything, but can I memorize anything you want.”

‘That would be extremely helpful. It would make it much easier to mimic somepony if I didn’t have to worry about getting the details wrong… and I only just realized, why am I hearing you in my head if you were pulled into my shadow?

“I am apart of your being. Bound to the back of your mind by your foul magic”

‘You seem awfully calm.’

“I believe the it is part of the binding. And there is this thing here in your mind that prevents me from lying, it is most infuriating.”

‘Is there anything important I should know now that you’re bound to me?’

“Since I am here, I can protect you mind from invaders, and from the way you magic behaviors, am I to guess you’re a fire adapt? I am a lightning adapt. If I control the spell you are casting you will have more potent Lightning based spells. Just to start with.”

‘So is there any way to say… allow you to physically manifest temporarily?’

“Perhaps. I shall have to mess with these bindings to find out what I can and cannot do.”

I took a moment to look at a still unconscious Sugar, actually feeling a bit of pity for the poor filly. Did she really get scared that badly?

”Why is there a pony here with you anyway?”

“Food. To be precise, I feed on emotions. Not to mention, thanks to a little spell I know that lets me impose my will on a target, she has no choice but to look after my nymphs.”

”Nymphs?”

‘Yes, nymphs. I’ve layed what, nineteen eggs so far? Two have hatched already and I imagine another to hatch soon.’

”What are you, anyway?”

‘A changeling. I’m a shapeshifting emotion eater, who becomes extremely violent if I let instinct take over.’

”Violent?”

‘Do you want the abridged version, or the full story?’

”It’s not like I’m going anywhere.”

‘So I got jumped while disguised as a pony, the four of them looking through my stuff, finding nothing of value. then one of them suggests that they… have fun with me… which causes me to snap. The first of them charged me head on, I made him regret it by tearing his throat out, I paralyzed the second one, and when the third one tried to flee, I ran up a wall and pounced on him, crushing him and killing him on impact with the ground. When I realized the fourth one got away, I decided to vent my frustration on the one I paralyzed. First, I broke off his horn, and crushed it under my hoof. Then I went to town on his forelegs until the bones were thoroughly shattered. After that, I got inventive, and cut his calf muscle open with my horn, then cauterized the wound, so that he wouldn't bleed out, but would feel immense pain from the air blowing across the exposed flesh. After that, I snapped the lead pipe one of them had used, in half, superheated the ends of it and drove them into his knee and fetlock. And finally, I ended him with a little bit of poison. Oh, and I made sure the bodies was found to leave a message that I was not to be trifled with.’

”How very brutal of you.” I could practically feel her amusement.

‘Now you said you were going to try and figure out what your limitations are? Because I need to wake up my food.’


*Sugars POV*

“Uggggggh…” I slowly regained consciousness, my body not wanting to respond, along with the feeling of something wrapped around me.

“Its about time you woke up.” My eyes snapped open at the sound of her voice, and I tried to twist around to look at her, but nothing below my neck was responding.

“Huh. So that command is still in effect.” She rotated me so I could see her face, and the childish grin plastered across it. “I think I’ll keep it. You make a great plushie.”

“I’d beat you into submission if I could, for a remark like that.”

“But you can’t, can you?” She leaned her head in and nuzzled me. “And you value your remaining free will too much to try and exploit a loophole. And with the help of my new… friend, if I really wanted to, I could strip you of all your free will, but leave your personality intact so you would have no choice but to watch yourself serve my every whim.” I averted eye contact, trying to not show fear, and gasped when I saw her shadow. A pair of teal, draconic eyes were glaring at me from within Shinkiros shadow. “And Satō? You’re to never mention my friend, in any way, shape, or form.”

I couldn’t take my eyes off Shin’s shadow and that thing that’s glaring at me. And it’s not the end, I saw it smile at me in a lipless smile filled with shape teeth and canines. ”I will always be watching… waiting...”
“Now then, you see? You stay cooperative, and you won’t have to worry.” I couldn’t hold back the whimper that escaped, I know that thing in Shin’s shadow heard it because its grin grew wider. “Or do you want me to turn you into a mindless servant?” I can’t take this! I’m completely defenseless, my freedom and potentially my life are in jeopardy, and I can't do a thing about it! I started crying, just wanting the torment to end., when this… wonderful feeling ran through me. “It’s okay, I wouldn't really do that.” I felt her hoof run through my mane, trying to reassure me. “You’re safe with me, and my friend won’t harm you without a very good reason.” She held me closer, continuing to stroke my mane. “I would never physically hurt you, I just needed to keep you in line, for your own safety.” It felt so soothing being held by her...