• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,057 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,057

The deleivery

*The next night*

’There's someone at the window again!’

Seriously? again? I made my way out of the bed , and looking out the window, I found myself questioning what I was looking at.

Seriously. there was a powder blue stallion, with a curly blond mane, right at the window.

‘Really? am I being stalked by a child molester or something?’

’How disgusting. A broken nose can fix this.’

I smirked, as I managed to get close enough to the window to be out of the ponys line of sight, I let my true, full sized form show, but focused, trying to suppress the flames. it worked, but the transformation was a lot slower, and stung like a monkeys uncle. I quickly cast the soundproofing spell I had learned from trixie, and popped the window latch open with my magic, and the moment I saw a hoof reach over, I sprung into action.

I grabbed the hoof, and did what was probably the pony equivalent of a judo throw, leaving the unfortunate trespasser sprawled on his back, and as he tried to stand up, I pinned him with my body mass, applying just enough force to his windpipe with my foreleg to make breathing quite difficult, before I hissed into his ear. “Now, who are you, and why where you following me?”

”Don’t h-hurt meeeee!”

My shadow started to bend around my side before stopping in front of us. A single eye opened revealing Nightmare as she peeled herself off the floor with a manic grin showing off her fangs. She turned towards the pony in my grip as her eyes lock on him. “Why should we listen to a potential thief and foal molester?” Nightmare said as she leered over him.

“Oh sweet hive mother, I don’t want die!”

Wait… hive mother? ...shit, Chrysalis must have sent him to get the files from me!

“Oh… Chrysalis sent you, didn’t she?” I let up the pressure on his windpipe, not moving off him though until he confirmed my theory.

The ‘pony’ beneath me nodded rapidly. That seemed to bum Nightmare out as she frowned and backed off a little. I backed myself off, letting him stand up.

“Don’t worry, I set up a soundproofing spell the moment I got to the window… So rest assured, no one heard you screaming like a baby.”

I giggled at the unamused look on his face as he got up and shed his disguise. “You… you were a lot less scary when we met in that freezer…”

Oh god… I did not need to be reminded of that. Feeling your body shut down was not a pleasant experience

“And I’ve never seen someone, pony or changeling, move like you did a few minutes ago.”

“I believe you have a love interest, shinkiro.”

“Annnnd now that image is stuck in my head…”

”What image? you biting his head off after mating?” The color drained from Hardshells face.

“Nope! nopenopenope, NOPE!” He rapidly backed into a corner, scared shitless by Nightmares remark.

‘Did you really have to say that?’ I thought as I glared at her.

Nightmare just shrugged. ’Well, I thought it was funny.’

I sighed, pulling the files out from beneath my wing plates and tossing them to the terrified drone. “Just take the files and go back to your queen.”

With a stupefied nod, he grabbed the files, and after crawling out the window and getting to the ground, transformed into a pegasus and flew off.

‘You're getting pretty good at moving independently from me.’

’I’m becoming more solid too.’

‘I know, you hit me when I was freaking out about Peekos botched shapeshifting attempt.’

’You’re welcome, felt good too.’

I shifted around, beginning to feel uncomfortable for some reason. Kinda like Peeko did after she was filled to the brim with emotional energy…

Oh.

‘I don’t think there's much reason to stay any longer if I can’t hold any more emotion.’

’Then lets just go, whatever Stel and Honey think happened isn’t our problem. Your nymphs will be happy to see you again.’

‘I… actually feel kinda bad making Stel and Honey go through this...’

’Does it matter now? It’s not like you can just stay here forever, you knew that.’

‘I know… all good things must come to an end.’ I sighed as I hopped out the window, giving one last look back to those who I would leave panicking over a presumed missing foal. ‘I’ll be glad to hug Peeko again.’


After a long trek back, I finally reached the trailer, when I opened the door however, I was rather surprised by what I saw.

Sugar was curled up in a corner, rocking back and forth while crying.

’What happened to her?’

‘I have no idea...’ As I took in the state she was in, I noticed Trixie trying to comfort her, to no avail. “Trixie?” She jumped in surprise, having not heard me entering over the sound of Sugar crying. “Whats going on?”

“I dont know! the other day after recovering from getting bitten, she was complaining about headaches, and getting all shaky. she hasn't eaten at all since then either!”

‘...fuck.’

’Did that bite do this?’

‘No, what Trixie just described sounds like the symtoms of withdrawl.’ I took a moment to think of anything she could have done that she hadn't in the last while, and came to a single conclusion. ‘Well… Thats rather disturbing...’ Nightmare looked at me, waiting for me to continue. ‘apparently being actively fed off of is addictive.’

’If it’s addictive, then does that mean she only started to like you because of it?’

‘...To be honest, I was banking on Stockholm Syndrome, but this at least means even if she somehow breaks free of what metal manipulation I’ve applied, she won't be getting too far. As much as I don’t like having to do this to her, I need her around to keep me and my nymphs fed.’

’So you plan to keep her addicted to you so she’s be less likely to leave. I can only imagine what will happen to her when you let her go back to her normal life, if you even can by that point.’

‘hopefully when it gets to that point I can wean her off it.’ As I walked over and patted Sugar on the shoulder, she froze. Before I could do anything, she scooted away from me at ludicrous speeds, immediately beginning to hyperventilate, starting at me like I was some kind of demon. ‘Do you… think I might need to sedate her?’ I mentally asked Nightmare, as I glanced at my tail.

’You might. You feed on positive emotion and suppress negative ones, I’m willing to guess that the withdraw is all her negative emotions coming back to her. She used to be angry and scared of you, right? I think what we were just seeing was depression.’

‘Right. She can’t hurt me or my nymphs though and I can order her to not hurt herself, but I’d rather avoid it all together.’

’Why not stick her in the pod then until she’s calmed down?’

‘Good idea.’ I motioned Trixie over and and quietly told her I was going to have to sedate Sugar, for her own safety, before with a sigh of resignation, I drove my stinger into Sugars back, and watched her go limp as the venom paralyzed her. I then hauled her back to my room, where I looked at the pod I had woken up in after the freezer incident. I was able to breath whatever that goop was inside it, so it was safe to assume that sugar would be able to as well.

Driving my horn into the pod, I created a large incision, before gently forcing Sugars limp form in. It was actually kinda surprising to see how much that pod could stretch from the outside, as Sugars limp form was forced into the fetal position, and the cut begun sealing up.

For the briefest moment, I heard Nightmare chuckle, before something landed on my face making an excited squeal, and two more somethings latched onto my forelegs.

‘Did… I really just get ambushed by my own nymphs?’ I stared into Peekos eyes, before the three nymphs chirped out as one.

“MAMA!”

I giggled softly as I picked up all three of them in my magic, before hugging them. They're like adorable little ninja! “Mama? Why was Sugar acting weird? and why'd you put her in the thingy?”

“Uhhhh…” ‘Little help?’

’...She’s sick.’

“Shes sick, like really sick, and needs some time to get better.” Technically, addiction is a mental sickness, so its not a complete lie…

I just about jumped as a wave of panic washed over me, coming from Sugar. turning to look, I saw her bug eyed, holding her breath as tried to get out of the pod, but the lingering effects of the venom left her without enough strength to even get it to stretch slightly. The panic kept building as she kept trying to escape, until it changed to sheer terror as I noticed her starting to turn blue in the face. within a few seconds, her eyes nearly rolled back as a bubble of air escaped her and she inhaled sharply… and the terror become surprise, then confusion, as her frantic breathing begun to level out. She wouldn't be able to hurt herself from in there, meaning I just had to wait out the resurge of negative emotions until I could feed off the positive ones again. Knowing Sugar wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon, I turned back to my nymphs… And Tranquil was nibbling on a strand of my mane.

“Awww, look who's being an adorable little nymph!” I tried my best to tune out the expected anger from Sugar, instead focusing on the three little ball of cuteness I was currently holding.

“Where Hidey?” Pigment managed to blurt out, looking at me with infantile curiosity, causing Nightmare to make a ‘tch’ sound in annoyance.

‘Aw, peekos nickname spread! I'm so jealous!’

’Yes, I am over joyed.’

“Wanna hug Hidey!” Pigment shouted.

”Fine.” Nightmare peeled herself up and off the floor, coming around my side and causing another wave of fear from Sugar. As she help Pigment in a hug, I set the other two nymphs down, mouthing to them to ‘watch this’... And hugged Nightmare from behind. For a shadow, she felt surprisingly warm and cuddly.

”Shinkiro?”

“Yes?”

”What are you doing?”

“hugging you.”

”Shinkiro? Stop.”

“Hmmmmmm… Nah, you’re actually pretty cuddly.” Giving me a flat glare, she actually simply phased through me, leaving me holding Pigment. “Awww… You don’t like hugs?”

“I don’t want your brainwashing hugs, I’ve seen what you do to Sugar.”

“That wasn’t the hugs.”

”That doesn’t mean they don’t help”

“Why would I even want to brainwash you?”

”Am I not supposed to be evil? I know nothing about the binding spell used on me proving that it must be new.”

“Well, it wouldn't be very good binding spell if the being bound by it could figure out how to undo it.”

”Or killing it’s new owner. I’ve tried.” Well, that just killed the mood completely. ”I could try starving you, considering your food source, but that would be unwise as I no longer regenerate mana. Just as you rely on it from others, I now rely on it from you. And I can’t lie to you or trick you, your hivemind prevents me from doing so!”

“Well, would you rather still be dead?”

”Would it matter? I… I don’t feel like talking anymore.” With a sigh, Nightmare retreated back into my shadow. That was… enlightening.

“What wrong with Hidey?”

“I… don’t know Pigment… I don’t know…”