• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,128 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,128

Screw This, I'm Outta Here!

*firstperson *

I'm still alive...?

"...fractured chitin, pierced wings, electrical burns and a bruised lung... how in the world did it survive that? easily, your organs can take a massive beating, its punctures that are hard to survive, as well as blood loss." Who's that? My eyes fluttered open, but everything was blurry.

"So tell me Flatline, will she make it?" My vision slowly clears to show Gilda talking to a doctor.

"It looks a lot worse than it actually is." Dr. Flatline was looking over a clipboard, muttering to himself. I try to say something, only to groan in pain. Why does it feel like I got stuffed in a sack? Oh shit...

"I think I'm shedding..." Both Dr. Flatline and Gildia spin to face me.

"It can talk!?" The look on his face was rather conflicted between surprise and curiosity.

"And 'it' has a gender, thank you very much." I wack one of my forelegs against the nearest solid surface, and am greeted to the sight and sound of the old layer of chitin splitting in half down the middle, and falling off. Repeating the process for my other legs and tail, I stare at my chest. Yeaaah no, i can feel the damage to the layer underneath. I close my eyes, bracing myself... and punch myself in the face. Hey, at least it got the chitin off... I looked at Gilda and the doctor, and was greeted to confused looks. "What, never seen a changeling shed before?" They both responded in the negative. "How long was I out?"

Dr. Flatline finally regained his composure. "About half a day, miss...?"

"Shinkirō." He raises a hoof. "It translates to Mirage." His hoof dropped back down.

"Look, I know I'm probably a hypo-whatever-"

"Hypocrite."

"Thank you, Sweetie. Now as I was saying, I'm more than likely being a hypocrite, but this is SERIOUS BUSINESS, if that's the same creature that saved me, then the LEAST I could do is comfort it." Oh god, CMC launch detected, brace for impact! When the door swung open, Gilda gave them a stern look.

"And just what are you squirts doi-"

"I remember you, you're that filly I saved in the Everfree, Scootaloo, right?" Scootaloo nods, a grin spreading across her face, before she dashes over and leaps up onto the bed, just to hug me. I felt a weird warmth spreading from where she hugged me, and it dulled the pain as it washed over me... it was only after she stopped hugging me did she notice my shed chitin. Sweetie and Applebloom had already started examining it.

"Cool! What is this stuff? it looks like armor!" Applebloom was holding one half of my faceplate up to her face. While Sweetie was just hesitantly poking a part of my tails chitin, like she was expecting it to rear up and attack her.

"Oh yeah, Shinkirō, Sweetie Belle and Applebloom, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle, Shinkirō." I give the two of them a wave, my pain having been reduced to a dull ache.

"What's Shinkirō mean? I've never heard that word before." This, is why I want a Sweetie Belle themed dictionary.

"It means Mirge in your native tongue." Happy Sweetie is best Sweetie, I already feel the diabetus setting in. Its embarrassingly cute.

Everyone is staring at me. "What?" Dr. Flatline finally recovers from the CMC happening, and points out why I'm suddenly the center of attention.

"You're blushing... yellow." How the [PANCAKES] did you get a medical degree if you don't know how blushing works, stupid!? I have [SQUEE]ing yellow blood, you moron!

"You don't say!?" I realize something. "Wheres Trixie, anyway?" Gilda shuffles nervously about.

"I tried to talk her out of it, but she went back to look after your egg." Ohgodohgodohgod! I sprung up and bolted through the door, running on adrenalin and ignoring the pain. "Oh pluck... WAIT FOR ME!" Gilda quickly followed after me.

All I can remember is parkour, lots of parkour, before I reached the castle, and headbutted the door open. Rushing up the stairs, I heard a sad voice.

"Don't worry... even If she doesn't make it... Trixie will keep you safe..." opening the door and seeing Trixie hugging my egg, made something in my head click into place, and label her 'safe.' I felt the urge to kill drain from me, and rational thought return, as well as pain... Gilda had finally caught up, and upon seeing that Trixie wasn't dead, returned to the lobby, presumably to cook what was still left of the rockodile.

"I never did ask, but why did you help me out of the blue like that?" I could see tear stains on her face.

"Trix- no, I, was reminded of somepony very dear to me by you..." I sense a backstory.

"Do please go on, you have my interest..." I sat down, expectantly.

"I-i-i'm sorry, but I can't, the memories are too painful." She rubs fresh tear from her cheek.

"Why did you come here in the middle of a thunderstorm anyway?" I already knew but I wanted to get inside her head, see how she thinks.

She regains her composure. "Trixie, was run out of town after the Ursa incident, despite her trailer, her home, being destroyed. Trixie fled into the Everfree, hoping to find shelter in the old castle, not expecting it to be inhabited."

" well I kno-" *Grumble* "oh god no, not again... please don't hurt so bad this ti-" I inhale sharply, trying not to scream in pain, as I felt certain muscles begin contracting, pushing something out, as Trixie stares on in shock. "Ow, ow, ow, ow, OWOWOWOW!" Wow, I'm halfway there already? The pain is already decreasing. With one final push, I feel the egg slide out. Quickly picking it up, i notice its smaller then my first egg, only 3/4ths the size. That confuses/worries me. Taking and adhering it beside the first one, I turn and see an amusing sight. Trixie was cringing in pain, covering her marehood, in a reaction usually reserved for a man watching a fellow male get sacked. "Painful to watch, I take it?" Trixie nods her head. "As I was saying before that happened, I might be able to build you a new trailer, albit a very spartan one."

"Really!?" Hopeful Trixie is hopeful. "Hey, what's in this ba- really? Why would you wear armor, when you're already covered in it?" Oh, she found my makeshift sack.

"One word, rockodiles..." screw you life, screw you. Anyway, there's bound to be a medical room in this castle somewhere, and considering what medical practices where like a thousand years ago, I can repurpose a bonesaw for cutting wood."

At this point, Gilda walks u to the doorway. "Bonesaw, eh? Good thing I found one when I went looking for something to cut that rockodile up with." Well then, I believe we can get started...


*day one of construction*

"Alright, so we're going to make this bigger than your old trailer, Trixie."

"Why...?"

"Because, I've realized that it isn't safe here for my eggs, the whole damn forest and surrounding area is a magnet for weirdness, me and Gilda are thinking of tagging along with you, and I'm going to need somewhere to keep my eggs safe, so we're going to need to make it bigg-"

"TIMBER!"

*Crash!*

"Damn, Gilda's a natural at this, now hold still while I remove the branches." Launching a wave of fire over the trunk, I burnt the branches clean off, leaving the trunk intact.

"Okay, Trixie admits that is impressive control of fire magic..."


*day three of construction*

"Finally got the last of the trees we need, now we can begin putting it together!"

"Trixie wonder's how you are going to do that without a hammer and nails..."

"Simple, I make my own super-glue!" After saying that, I hacked a bit of adhesive into my hoof, before rubbing it on a log.

Both Gilda and Trixie 'Ewwwwwww'ed at that.


*day seven of construction*

"And then I was like 'I like turtles'..." *Grumble* "OH SHITE, LAYING AN EGG, BE RIGHT BACK!"


*day ten of construction*

"We finally got the base attached to the wheels, now comes moderately difficult part..."

"Say what!"

"Trixie hopes she never finds out your definition of impossible."


*day thirteen of construction*

"This has gone faster than expected, I'm honestly starting to believe that you were a pony with a lumberjacking cutie mark in another life, Gilda... all thats left now is the roof and interior."

"Trixie seconds that motion..."

"Ug... I have to agree with you two..."


*day fourteen of construction*

"Trixie is impressed with how fast this was finished."

"Owwwwwwwwwww..." it appears I'm laying eggs on a: weekly basis. This is gonna get real annoying. At least I managed to get my eggs in here before I felt the contractions... The trailer was about the size of a typical RV, and had four rooms, a storage room, Gilda and Trixies quarters, the main room, and my quarters/nesting chamber. What am I missing... Books! "Hey Trixie, one last thing I wanna do, gonna grab a bunch of books on magic, might be some interesting stuff." Grabbing my drape-sack, I ran into the castle for the final time, and entered the library, hunting down the magical section, and started grabbing any book that seemed relevant, like Advanced Combat Magic: A Primer. or Hypnopony's Stage Magic For Dummies. and stuffing them into the sack, when one caught my eyes. The Elusive Changeling Race. By Starswirl the Bearded. I swear to god, if it mentions changelings sparkling in sunlight... kill it with antimatter hellfire...

Returning to the trailer, bag of books and armor slung over my back, humming the theme to Luigis Mansion, when things get weird...

*MOOBAK-ARK* the fu- *Splat* did... a waffle just landed on my face... Well, at least the fallout from Discord be tasty, but he aint my problem.

*Splat*

*Splat* *Splat* Oh no...

*Splatsplatsplatsplatsplat...* oh [WAFFLES], a waffle storm!? Aint nobody got time for that! Rushing into the trailer, I was greeted to a snickering Trixie and Gilda... Oh, I have a stack of waffles impaled on my horn. "Hey, I brought food, don't judge me." Levitating them off, I passed some to Gilda and Trixie, and started munching on the others. My eyes widen. This... This tastes like... that one time I wrapped a ghost chili in cheese and deep fried it...

"Is it just Trixie, or do these waffles taste like a daffodil sandwich?"

"Really? I thought they tasted like fried tuna... Shinkirō? Why are you watering at the mouth...?"

I bolted out side, and started stuffing my face with waffles until I felt like I was going to puke, before slowly trudging back into the trailer, grinning idiotically. Fishing that one book by Mystic Traveler out of my bag, I headed for my quarters, and after getting comfortable, reviewed the last three spells, as I had yet to actually try them.

the basic healing spell, is little more than pumping raw magic into the intended recipient, and using it to accelerate cellular growth. It is highly unadvised for ponies inexperienced with biology to use this for healing internal injuries, as their is a high likelihood that they will only make it worse.

Great, does that help me at all? No, I have nobody to practice it on.

Moving on...

Teleportation, the art of moving instantly from from one point to another, can be broken down into two steps, picturing where you want to go, and willing you magic to put you there. WARNING: it is highly recommend to use locations from memory, and under no circumstances should you attempt teleportation while mentally impaired in any way, as the loss of accuracy may cause the user to teleport inside of something, displacing it violently, in an event know as a 'teleportation fragmentation.' The sheer magical energy used up in such an event usually killing the user, as well as anyone unfortunate enough to be teleported inside of. One should also be aware of the fact that momentum is conserved while teleporting.

Teleportation? The amount of yes cannot be comprehended. Firing up my magic, I teleport to Ponyville.

"Go ahead... Friendship me..." oh, this is the perfect time. Trolling the ultimate troll, how can I not resist? Doing my best impression of a robot, I quote the only fitting meme, for this situation.

"Hate detected..." Discord spins around to see me with the mother of all shit eating grins, just as Twilight and co. rise into the air. "Firing Orbital Friendship Cannon." He gets blasted mid turn, with a look of 'OH SHI-' frozen on his face, before the wave of rainbows washes over the town. When it hits me, it... Wow, tastes like snozzberries! Wait, did I just EAT, the Elements friendship blast... yes I did, and now I feel full in two different ways... not only did my stomach feel full, but my everything felt warm, if that makes any sense... yeah, I'd better get out of here before questions are asked. Teleporting back to the trailer, I walked in to face a confused Trixie.

"Trixie wonders how you went from you room to outside when Trixie was here the whole time?"

"Teleportation, of course!" Cue happy Trixie.

"Trixie demands you teach her your skills!" Oh hell yes, I get to teach best unicorn!

"Challenge accepted, but first, lets get out of here before more weirdness happens."

"Trixie is confused, why is you chest no longer covered in cracks?" Wait, what? Taking a look, I discovered that apparently, the Elements of Harmony had healed me.

"Don't know, don't care, now let's hitch up, and roll out!" Following me, Trixie and I went outside, and hooked ourselves up to the trailer, and started pulling. Surprisingly, the trailer wasn't as hard to pull as I thought it would be... waitaminute, If I was able to walk up a wall without any strain, then I must be absurdly strong!

"Trixie wonders where Gilda is..." a snoring echos from onto of the trailer.

God... Dammit... Gilda...