• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 13,131 Views, 559 Comments

My Life as a Changling - rainbowPOOTIS



Die, wake up as a some kind of changeling variant, and have to deal with ponys.

  • ...
58
 559
 13,131

infiltration

After a brief nap, having had to cuddle Tranquil to keep him from freaking out again, I awoke to Peeko screaming. “My legs! Where are my legs?! MOMMY!” I somehow managed to bolt out of bed without disturbing Tranquil, and was off like a bullet, heading straight towards the bathroom where Peekos screech had came from. While everyone else in the trailer was stumbling about in a half asleep panic, I had already made my way to the bathroom, and just about sent the door flying off its hinges. I just about screamed when I saw what had happened to Peeko. Three of her legs where just… gone. No bleeding stumps, just gone, like they where never there to begin with, while all that was left of the fourth was a small stump. I was slightly relieved however, that there was no blood, but that didn't help me get over the fact that my daughter had somehow become a quadriplegic!

“What the hell happened!?” I scooped her into my forelegs, hoping that being in physical contact with me would somehow calm her slightly.

“I-I was trying t-to be Trixie! Like how you can be other p-ponies!” She was trembling in my forelegs, ready to cry. “M-mommy! What do I do!?” That was the last she managed to blurt out before she broke down crying.

‘Oh god whatdoidowhatdoidowhatdoido!?’

In that moment, something hard had decided my face needed to be realigned. I looked, stunned, at Nightmare as she was glaring at me, her shadowy limb outstretched as she had just hit me. “Tell her how to undo her transformation!” Just as Nightmare retreated back into my shadow, Gilda, Trixie, and Sugar all burst into the room.

“Trixie demands to know what's happening at once!”

“What she said, what the pluck is going on!?”

Sugar however, remained quiet, when I realized she was holding both Pigment and Tranquil against her body, trying to keep the two nymphs from panicking, as well as still looking a bit drained from my accidental overfeeding the other other night.

Now how did I undo my transformation aigan…? It honestly became a subconscious thing relatively rapidly, all I could really remember is that I could never quite fully relax myself while disguised, even at rest my body would feel like a stretched… rubber… band. Thats it! “Peeko, Listen to me. I need you to calm down.”

“But my legs are gone!” She wailed in response, tears still streaming from her eyes.

“Peeko. Calm. Down. They’re not gone, you just need to relax. The more you tense up or stress yourself out, the harder it's going to be to fix.” I tried my best to give her a reassuring smile. “Try and breath with me. In, and out. You can do it.” It tooks some time, but Peeko finally started trying the breathing exercise with me to calm herself down.

“W-why isn’t it working?” She was starting to panic again, so I cut her off before she could break into hysterics.

“You need to relax everything. Can you feel how no matter how much you you relax your muscles, something still feels tense? Don’t just relax your body, relax your magic a well.”

Peeko continued to take deep breaths, until a small, icey blue flame appeared at the tip of her horn, slowly making its way down her body. as it passed where her legs would be, it split off and seed to burn away the air, revealing her legs as it passed until it petered out at her hoof tips. once the main portion of it had reached her thighs and repeated the process with her hind legs, leaving her in her original, untransformed state. With the crisis averted, I looked at the gathered crowd. “Sorry for the rude awakening. Someone decided to try shapeshifting without any prior knowledge.” Peeko tried to bury herself deeper into my forelegs as I said that, and I could tell she was feeling guilty about scaring everyone like that. “You can stop panicking now and go about your day.” I didn’t even give them time to reply as I walked past them, carrying a still shivering Peeko with me. “Peeko. I’ll be blunt with you. don’t try shapeshifting again without my supervision. There are a lot of worse things that could have happened then just making your legs vanish. For all I know, You could have turned yourself inside out.

’Gross’ Gross it may be, but I need Peeko to understand that what did was a very big mistake.

Peeko was staring at me with to look of a deer caught in the headlights. She knew she was in trouble. I mustered as much of an authoritative tone as I could, ready to lay down what was going to happen. “Now here's what's going to happen. you’re going to go to your room, and you're going to stay there for the rest of the day.”

“Ok mommy.” I set her down and with a few sniffles she went to our shared room.

As I watch her walk back to the room, Nightmare spoke up. ’Something strange just happened with your hivemind that hasn’t happened before.’

‘Huh? what do you mean?

’When you were scolding Peeko, your hivemind acted strange. I don’t know what it was.’

Wait… I’m a Queen… I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised by that.

‘I think I just exerted my authority as the ‘queen bee’ as it were.’

’You did? Don’t you think that’s a little much for a simple scolding?’

‘I did it by accident. I was that worried about her. her little stunt could have had fatal results!’

’Speaking of which. I thought you where you were only able to transform into the same basic form, size changing aside.’

‘...So did I.’

’Peeko’s loss of limbs bring forth the idea of what else could be added, removed, or changed. Could you turn into Gilda? Claws are much different the hooves.’

‘Sure.’ it took me a moment to visualize Gilda, before the familiar wave of transformation rolled over me, and by god did it feels weird to shift into something less equine then my normal disguise. I actually felt a little giddy seeing I had something resembling fingers again. The novelty quickly wore off however, as I released the transformation.

‘So griffons are a go.’

’Try a dragon next or change parts of your birth form.’

Allright, this would require some focusing. I felt a flame burn in my throat, and once the feeling subsided, I gave my alteration a test. “...” Yep. I had effectively rendered myself mute.

’That’s what you change?’

‘Well yeah, I was already aware of my ability to change my own voice, so this was the safest thing to attempt.’

Once more releasing the transformation, I had an incredibly evil idea.

‘Say… Do you think it's possible for me to feed off of sympathy?’

’I wouldn’t know.’

‘Because I have an idea of how to get a lot of sympathy if I can feed of it...’


*A few days later, Filly Delphia. The royal guard barracks*

The first thing I had done was use my shapeshifting ability to transform into a nymph sized version of myself, as the smaller I was, the less likely I was to be seen. Which seemed a tad unnecessary as the security was pathetic. The second was to once again render myself mute, for multiple reasons; one, I had absolutely no reason to speak during this, and the quieter I was, the less likely I was to get caught. Two, if I was caught, they’d be unable to get any information out of me. And third, it would play into my plan to get out once I had the files.

‘So it begins...’

’Yes, now we can see if you can feed on sympathy.’

After I get the files.’

’Yes, of course. The sooner, the better.’

Having managed to sneak around the back of the guard barracks, I simply walked up the wall until I peeked over the lip of the roof, and saw a skylight. I couldn’t help but smile mischievously.

‘Remember how you hit me in the face? being a shadow, I think you can open this from the inside.’

’Sure.’ My shadows foreleg moved on its own, crouching down as if to open the skylight like normal and slipped under the frame. I could see Nightmare’s limb come out and flick the metal latch keeping it closed. With that handled, I carefully inched the tip of my horn under the frame until I could grip the frame with my hooves. With the skylight open, I stuck to the ceiling as I crawled inside, using my tail to slowly and silently close the skylight behind me.

‘They never bother to look up.’ this was why I rendered myself mute, because otherwise I would have already given into the urge to cackle maniacally. It was easy to crawl along the ceiling unnoticed until I reached what I suspected was the sergeant's office. If the plaque on the door that said ‘Sgt. Iron’ was anything to go by. Luckily, when I peeked in, nobody was there. Sticking to the ceiling and walls, I made my way in and over to the filing cabinet…

‘now would her file be under P, or C? Or maybe M?’ I began rummaging through the files, looking for Cadences file.

’Probably M. Mi Amore Something or whatever.’

‘Oh right.’ I looked at the files under M and found what I was looking for. Grabbing the files and sticking them underneath my wing plates, I silently closed the cabinet and made my way back into the hallways, softly shutting the door behind me. Now there should be a records room around here somewhere… I continued to creep along the ceiling looking for my next target, unsure of where the records room was located. At least, until a pony walked out of the doorway beneath me with a stack of files. Sneaking into the room, I saw shelf upon shelf of files.

thats… a lot of files.

’You better get to searching then.’ Oh what I wouldn't give for Google right now… First, I had to locate the M section, and then start looking for Mi Amore. It took a while, but I eventually found something on her. Her current location. She was apparently meeting with a designer to get measurements taken. Grabbing the file, and sticking it beneath my wing plates with the other one.

‘Now comes the fun part.’ I silently made my way out, crawling out through the skylight. After climbing down a wall into an alleyway. I quickly crawled up into the dumpster.

’Wait, what are you doing? Have some self respect and get out of the dumpster!’

‘I know, it’s gross, but i’m going the whole nine yards.’ I transformed, the flames leaving a dirty grey coat in their wake. It felt rather odd having the weight of a wing on one side of my body, but nothing on the other, bearing what looked like a massive scar on my neck and back. I had taken the time to make myself look as malnourished as possible, as well as rather dirty. I still kept the nonfunctioning vocal chords, as the scar on my neck would play into my inability to speak. I waited for a group of guards to come close and soon started digging through the waste, looking for something. I soon found a half eaten veggie sandwich, making sure to make a racket, which to my surprise, actually looked and smelt edible to me.

’Don’t you dare.’

‘Imma do it.’

’Don’t. Eat. That. It’s garbage for a reason!’

‘I’ve eaten raw meat, and freaking wood before. Besides, it actually smells edible to me. So once more. Imma do it.’ I picked it up in my mouth, and discovered it was rather tasteless. Dropping it into my hooves, I was about to bite into it despite Nightmares objections, when the lid was thrown open, leaving me staring wide eyed at a stunned guard.

“Why are you in a dumpster?”

Seizing the opportunity, I begun tearing up, and using the single wing I currently had to cover myself, acting like I fully expected the guard to strike me, my body heaving with soundless sobs.

I felt myself being gripped in one of the guards magic, so I began flailing about trying to free myself, my one wing flapping about. “Hey, Stel. You see this? Filly’s missing a wing.”

The other guard, Stel, sighed at seeing my ‘missing’ wing. “Aiy, I see it. Put her down but don’t let go.” I felt myself touch the ground, the ponies magic holding me in place and keeping me from fleeing, causing me to tear up even more. “Why ain’t she making any sound. You’d think with all her flailing about she’d a been yelling at us.” I kept crying, not breaking my act for a second. I could taste the sympathy coming off the two of them. And lo and behold, it tasted edible. I slowly siphoned a bit off the two, not wanting my feeding to be noticed.

’Thank goodness you didn’t get to eat that rotten sandwich.’

‘I’m telling you, it looked and smelled edible to me!’

“Who would do something like this!?” I looked at the guard who had spoken, trying to shrink back in fear despite being held by magic. The guards look saddened by my reaction. “What should we do with the filly, we can’t question her about it if she can’t speak.”

“Take her into holding, see if she belongs to anypony and ask them about it?” Assuming they meant my ‘parents’ I just slumped, not even resisting the magic anymore, just looking miserable.

“Aiy, think it’s the orphanage’s caretaker, Caine? The guards always been on edge with him. Hey, little one.” I looked towards him, a defeated look in my eyes. “Did that old bat, Caine do this?” I shook my head, beginning to tremble. Whoever this Caine was, he clearly wasn’t nice.

“That settles it, we’ll take her to the sarge. He’ll know what to do.”