• Published 27th Jun 2014
  • 327 Views, 2 Comments

Ryan To Rainbow - schmitthappens21



Ryan wakes up as a rainbow maned pegasus one day. And only getting help from some ponies is going to get her back to Earth.

  • ...
 2
 327

Blast To...Uh. Alternate Universe?

Please Read Authors Note

Ryan blinked her eyes open, but closed them shut when a white blinding light forced them shut.

Ugh, what happened?

Trying once more, Ryan opened her eyes slowly. The white light was more bearable now.

Am I dead?

"Rainbow Dash!" a voice called out into the white. It's sound was so loud, Ryan would of covered her ears if she could of.

Who's Rainbow Dash?

A figure blurred through the whiteness, making something snap inside of Ryan.

Ryan tried to scream, but her mouth wouldn't open. She closed her eyes, trying to will the pain away. And, it worked?

Ryan opened her eyes for the third time, and the world looked normal. Well, a forest landscape normal.

Where am I?

Ryan blinked her eyes a few times, and slowly looked up to where the voice called a foreign name.

A black...er unicorn stood before her. Worry in its green-blue eyes.

"Rainbow, are you okay?" the black unicorn asked. But the question was directed at Ryan.

"Wha? Who's Rainbow?" Ryan managed to croak.

The unicorn looked at Ryan, baffled. "Err, your Rainbow. And then had a Dash."

Ryan blinked, Um Rainbow Dash? Who in the Hell is that? Ryan looked around, Where am I?

The landscaping Ryan found herself in was nothing like she's ever seen. It was a forest scene, but Ryan had never seen a forest like this! It looked like a forest, yet not a forest Ryan had seen in Wisconsin or anywhere else.

"Where...am I?" Ryan asked in a breathless voice.

The unicorn stuck out a black leg, offering assistance to stand.

She completely ignored my question!

Ryan grabbed it, but when she saw what her arm had become, she screamed.

"Ahhh!" Ryan jumped up, "My-my arm!"

"Umm, what?" The black pony asked, utterly confused.

Ryan whipped her head around until she saw a pond of water. She raced toward it, leaving the unicorn in the dust. Sort of.

Ryan looked into the surprisingly clear blue water. She saw her hair was replaced by a rainbow mane.

Great, now people will really think I'm a lesbian.

She wore a brown leather jacket, that only reached to the middle of her abdomen. Her dark blue eyes were replaced by magenta ones, she stood on four legs, and her body was a cyan blue. And most of all, she had a pair of blue wings!

"Who? What? Where? Why? And how, the Hell did this happen!?" Ryan yelped, while turning to face the other pony with her.

"I don't know what your talking about. But I have a feeling your not Rainbow Dash," the unicorn said shaking her head.

Ryan rolled her eyes, "No shit, Sherlock."

She sighed, Alright, looks like I'm going to need help. "So, what's your name?"

"Black Lightning," the unicorn said, "We've been traveling together for a while."

Ryan looked at Black Lightning, "We have?"

Black Lightning shook her head, "Yeah, we have. I think we should go find Diamond Spear and Lightning Sparkle."

"Who in the wide, wide world, are they?" Ryan asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Black Lightning rolled her eyes, "Our...um, friends. But you have to find them yourself."

Ryan blinked, "Excuse me? I just came here like five minutes ago, and you expect me to find them?"

"It won't be that hard, just go north and find a big lodge." Black Lightning said.

"O..kay. Why can't you come with?" Ryan asked, a little irritated this pony couldn't help.

"I don't have wings featherbrain," Black Lightning said wiggling her back.

Ryan looked at her own blue back, it held a pair of wings. "Oh, will I see you again?"

Wait, featherbrain?

"Yes, duh." Black Lightning said, annoyed.

"So, can I call you Black Jack the next time we meet?"

Black Lightning looked at her, then sighed. "Fine."

"Alright!" Ryan said jumping in the air, she was surprised to see herself floating. The flying came so naturally.

Was I bird in another life?

"Okay, go, go, go!" Black urged.

"Alright, alright. I'm going, I'm going." Ryan said, starting to fly north. Some ponies, wait. Ponies!?

Some feet up in the air, and Ryan gasped at the sight. She could see everything! The sight reminded Ryan of a forest up North in Wisconsin or Minnesota or somewhere.

"And remember, your Rainbow Dash! Not Ryan!" Black called.

"Alright!" Ryan-er Rainbow, called back.

Wait, how does she know my name?

Rainbow shrugged it off and flew toward this lodge, and enjoyed the breeze and sunset sky.


Ryan flew north, just like Black Lightning had instructed, for about a couple of miles. But that was nothing with these babies on her back! On the way finding the lodge, Ryan noticed how different she looked compared to Black Lightning.

Ryan had scratches on her neck and hind legs.

Um, wonder where I got those. Unless the gunshot wound in my back came along with. ....Nah.

Something big, very big, caught Ryan's eye. Looking down, she saw a huge house. Which was probably the lodge.

Ryan gasped at its size, she had never seen a lodge that huge!

How can a different universe with talking ponies have such a huge building structure!

"That must be the lodge Black Jack was talking about."

Ryan flew downwards, she was still baffled at how easy it came to her.

Ryan landed right in front of two huge wooden doors.

Well, here goes nothing.

Ryan reached for the door, almost letting her hoof knock on the wooden door. But a loud roar stopped her from knocking.

Ryan ever so slightly moved her eyes away from the door, and found herself looking into the eyes of a huge beast. She was not able to identify it because all she saw was green and black.

"Well, shit."

Author's Note:

(Please Read)
Alright! New story! I'm going to try and do some shit with these one. So Ryan was/is a girl. Just to make that clear. And tell me if you prefer it saying Ryan or Rainbow. Mkay? And I noticed that most of the paragraphs don't have two lines, if that is an error. Please tell me. But I think it might just stay Ryan. This isn't really meant to be a comedy, but it will have its funny parts. If you think I should add a comedy tag, say something.
I didn't want to put another chapter up just to publish the story, so I added on that little thing. Cause the first part wasn't long enough.

Comments ( 2 )

Will Rainbow Dash be beating anybody up in this story? And isn't Ryan a boy's name?

4605066
I'm glad you asked that. And yes, for sure that beast. And probably some ponies as well.
Yes, Ryan is a boys name. But I like it for a girl name as well. I've seen it a few times for a girl. That name doesn't get enough love. And I got hooked on the name. Heh.

Login or register to comment