• Published 18th Jun 2014
  • 2,756 Views, 61 Comments

A Fool's resurrection - posponer



You, Minato Arisato, have met your friends and given your last goodbyes but, it wasn't the end. The dark hour still exists and only you can help the citizens fight against the darkness... But how?

  • ...
5
 61
 2,756

Chapter 5: A New Day/ ʇɥƃıu ǝɯɐs

You gain consciousness as you wake up in an unfamiliar place. You open your eyes to see the ceiling, you missed this feeling of waking up in the morning... Then again you really weren't much of a morning person to begin with and since school isn't really a part of your problems in this world you decided to once again close your eyes to get some more sleep.

Or at least you planned to before you got slammed into the ground. Hard. You groan as you stand up, groggily glaring at whoever forcefully woke you up in a barbaric way. All you see though is Twilight with an apologetic smile. It seems she didn't mean to do this much of a wake up call in the beginning. You sigh as you greet her "Good Morning." as you head down towards the kitchen.


"Look, I'm sorry! I didn't expect anything like that to happen with a little playful tug!" 'playful tug'. You repeat these words in your head before you sighed once more as you told her that you already forgave her. It's noisy in the morning right now, but at least it reminds you of the days back in the dorm. This thought unknowingly made a smile appear on your face as you continue to walk towards the kitchen.

You stopped walking once again, thinking about whatever food was compatible with the new form you have right now, will you still be able to eat the previous food you eat before you got in to this world? Or will you have to eat something else? Guess you'll just have to wait and see then. You're ready. You eat a lot of things as long as it's edible, even Fuuka's cooking. Though you did eat her 'Dishes' just for her sake.


"Well? Aren't you gonna eat?" Twilight looks at you with expectancy in her eyes. As soon as you got to the kitchen, you were led to a seat and told to wait and so you did, a few moments later as you waited, the mare in front of you levitated a plate towards your direction. It seems she cooked for you? It would be rude not to eat it right?

When the plate was place in the table in front of you, you soon then see what was inside the plate and lo and behold. It was a sandwich... With visible hay sticking out from it's sides.

You continue to stare at her to discern whether she was serious or not. The expectant stare told you that she was indeed... Serious about this. You steel your resolve and lowered your head to bite at the 'sandwich' as you don't know any other alternative to eat the sandwich without having to hold them.

Not to be rude, but you've eaten Fuuka's cooking, a little hay sandwich wouldn't be that bad would it? Humans were omnivores, horses and or ponies are herbivores, so by that count... You should be fine? Let's hope so. You steel yourself one last time and bit the sandwich...

And surprise! It wasn't really that bad. You would rather eat something else preferable next time but this definitely isn't as bad as you expected it to be. It might be because of your current form? Either way, you're just glad that you wouldn't get food poisoning on your first day in this strange new world.

By the way, you notice Spike was gone. You ask Twilight where the little dragon was.

"Spike? He's stuck pony-sitting three fillies." that answers that, maybe? You tell Twilight you're going for a walk as you opened the door.


You walk along the way, looking at the place like a tourist, since you have nothing else to do you figured, why not take a walk around town.

This is a small but lively town, the people... or ponies in this case are really friendly towards others, more so than your own kind.

You recall all your new social links in this world as you idly walk along the dirt road.

[The Empress] with Rarity.
[The Moon] with Princess Luna.
[Wheel Of Fortune] with Pinkie Pie.
And of course, where it all starts... [The Fool]

Just like last time, it all has to start somewhere... Then again, you know next to nothing about this world. It doesn't matter though, you'll learn about it in due time, if worse comes to worst, ask Twilight.

You wander off to nowhere in particular as you just look at the sights, since the town has been shown to you yesterday, you can more or less remember the way to go from one place to another.

The ponies of this world all seem nice, far from Mutatsu, then again old man Mutatsu turned his life around. This memory brings a smile to your face as you stop and look up at the sky, reminiscing at old memories when you suddenly heard screams. You snap out of your day-dreaming and looked at the direction where the screaming was heard strongest.

A moment later... "Oof!" you got tackled by a wooden sled. In the middle of summer. It is summer right now in Equestria right? You don't know and right now, it doesn't matter. You tumble in the ground from the sudden impact and force of the slam.

You didn't move from your spot after your skid on the ground, trying to determine whether or not a bone or more are fractured. Also because you feel pain emanating from every spot in your body. You deduce that this week just doesn't agree with you. Though now that you think about it, you notice that you've been under lots of painful instances in this world... It hasn't even been five days since you've gone here and your body is already under so much pain.

You heard hoof clops, lots of them, going near you.

"Uhhh, what do we do now?" A little girl? Wait, that's wrong. Uhh let's see, 'mare'? Close but not so correct... What was it? Twilight said something before.... Ah! 'Filly' right. A filly's voice entered your hearing range, possibly and more than likely, talking to another pony.

"Whatever we do, we must NOT let Spike see this. We'll be in big trouble!" another filly enters the scene with a scared voice, obviously you know why.

"Girls, Ah have a plan!" another voice exclaimed before all three voices proceeded to whisper before carrying you and putting you on the very same sled that crashed into you as they curry you away from the scene of the crime.

Wait, did they just say Spike? Then these three must be the fillies he was supposed to look after!


It's been half an hour more or less since you've been brought to a shed? Maybe a barn? Either way, you've been here for quite a while and since you've had some rest, you decide it's time to go. You heal some of your aches and wounds using the [Dia] spell before opening the door.

Right in front of you, staring cautiously at you were three little fillies.

A purple maned orange furred pegasus, a purple and pink curly maned white unicorn and a pinkish red maned yellow earth pony. According to the stares that they were giving you, it was easy to deduce that these three were in fact your hitters and kidnappers... Or ponynappers in this case.

You dully look at the three in silence as they look back, slowly inching further and further away from you before stopping a few inches far from you.

"Uhh, hey. You were the pony from the party from before right? Um, we're sorry about what happened so if you could please not say a word about this to anypony... That would be great. Please?" the white unicorn told you, in a cutesy manner, she knows how to use her childish charms but unluckily for her, you already faced off against a similar one from before. Maiko. Wait, you always said yes those times anyway, damn it. Whatever, it will be more troublesome if you didn't agree so you just sighed and told them yes.

They jumped up and group hugged one another before looking back to you.

"Hey, we're really sorry about that, how bout we make it up to ya? We're on mah family's farm and all. If yer hungry we can get ya something ta eat, my big sister won't mind... Probably... Maybe?" she wasn't really sure if her sister would mind if she fed some pony they just met, who in this case, they attacked with a sled. You figured, it's food so why not? Breakfast was already digested and you were hungry for more, you always were.

You accepted the filly's kind offer? Or maybe bribery? Either way, you accepted it wholeheartedly as you approach towards her home.

"By the way, mah name's Apple Bloom."

"I'm Sweetie Belle."

"And my name's Scootaloo, don't wear it out."

"And together, we're the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders!'" you look at them and their pose as you noted their names in your mind and their little club name, or at least you think that's their club name? You don't really remember much of your childhood other than being passed on from family to family.

You tell them your name and told them "Nice, to meet my ponynappers personally." they suddenly wore surprised and distressed faces before you burst out laughing and told them it's a joke... A good one for you, not so much for them.

"That wasn't so nice mister." Sweetie Belle told you as the other two bobbed their heads in agreement, but you just kept a smug smile in your face.

"By the way, you know our names. What about yours?"

Oh yeah, you forgot to tell them huh? All the ponies from this town only know you as the 'New pony' in town.

You introduce yourself to them and they took a while before they got the whole name correctly... Or at least two of them anyways, one of them was still struggling.

"Aris... Arisato? Your name is very confusing you know that?" You chuckle at her statement, you tell them that you get that a lot and to call you Minato instead.

"Uh huh. So, Minato, where did you come from?" you told them you came from somewhere far from here, it's true anyways, you turn the tide around as you began to ask them your own question on what they were doing before they accidentally attacked you with a sled.

They visibly cringed at the remembrance of the event before telling you.

"Well, we were trying to find our cutie marks." cutie marks? cutie mark crusaders? this can't be a coincidence. You ask them what a cutie mark was, all you got were incredulous looks from all three before Scootaloo broke the awkward silence.

"You're being serious aren't you?" you nod.

"How can you NOT KNOW what a cutie mark is? You have one yourself!" she pointed at your flank and as you looked, you see some sort of mark, a tattoo or something of the kind. It's shaped like a... Zero.

You told them that this mark wasn't of any significant value back from where you came from as you asked them why they were trying to sled in summer just for the said mark. They replied with something you didn't quite expect.

"Well, we don't know how it works from wherever you were from but here, it's some sort of coming of age thing and having a cutie mark means you're good at what that cutie mark is. Something like this, uhh, do you know my sister Rarity by any chance?" you were surprised, you didn't know Rarity had a little sister? You nod at her question.

"Well, her cutie mark is about fashion and glamour or at least that's what she always tells me? All I know is, her cutie mark is made up of three shimmering diamonds and that she's good at finding gems." you open your mouth and said an 'Oh' sound as you understand what they were implying.

"We've been through a lot just to get our cutie marks, sadly, we still don't have them, but we aren't giving up! Right girls?" the three of them put their hooves together as if some kind of inspiration to themselves as they nodded their heads in agreement. Apple Bloom then proceeded to look at you before talking about the cutie marks again.

"So, speaking of that, why is your cutie mark an 'O'?" the curious Apple Bloom asked you and the other two listened intently.

You tell them that it's not an 'O' but instead, was a zero.

"And what does that mean? Unless yer implying that yer not good at anything?" you chuckled at her interpretation of the number and you told her your own interpretation. They were awed by what it meant to you, and if possible, you hope that would change what they thought of it too.

"I see, so a zero could both mean nothing... And everything. Both end and beginning. Now that you mention it, on countdown's the end is always the zero which means nothing is left, but at the same time when a pony counts it normally starts with a zero and that's where it all begins... Wow. You're some kind of philosopoper!" you correct the little filly at her mistake of the word 'philosopher' as you then explain what the number has anything to do with you.

Your explanation. Tarots.

"Tarots?" they all wondered what it means, until you tell them what it was.

"So, it's some sort of fortune thingie?" you nod and the three suddenly talked to themselves before facing you and telling you what was on their minds.

"Do us a fortune!" you were caught off guard for this sudden question but quickly regained your composure and thought of how to do this. You didn't have any tarot with you, but you remember the numbers and meaning of each card, the meaning of the combinations however is still hard to grasp. Maybe it's best if you just use the meaning of each card and start from there? Though it would still be hard without the tarots themselves, you decide that the easiest thing to do is ask them a simple question.

You told them "From number one to number twenty one. Pick one number each, it could be the same as the other or your own." this divination will only include the major tarots since adding the minor ones will be too hard without a full deck.

The three once again talked between themselves, leaving you to look around and wait for them to finish, a few moments later and they all shout their chosen number or numbers together.

"Seventeen!" you raise one of your eyes in suspicion and wonder as to why they chose that number of all the possible ones to choose from, they explained.

"Well, we chose numbers twelve, two and three but since we're a team we decided to add it up and choose that as our number!" you asked them, what if their numbers went over twenty one? They were unable to answer. You chuckle at the group as you nodded and told them what they got.

You used your hooves to draw out something in the ground. It was the symbol of the Star Arcana. Number and all.

You explain the best possible meanings of the arcana by itself, the meanings that you can associate to the three energetic little fillies.

What you got were, [Trust], [Pure], [Hope], [Inspiration], [Joy] and most of all [Faith].

These words seemed to fit them the most from what they seem to have gone through just to get their cutie marks.

They look at you in amazement and then looked at each other and with renewed resolves yelled out "We're going to get our cutie marks soon! Together!" before they suddenly head off to somewhere, you reminded them about the food thing and so you all head towards Apple Bloom's home for some food.

The four of you chat happily with one another before they asked you to check their fortune some time again soon, you agreed, you figured why not? By that time, you'd be prepared to have a deck of tarot. Let's just hope you finally know what means what in a combination by that time.

Thou art I... And I art thou...

Thou have established a new bond...

The stars have shined to accompany thee in thy journey,

Thou have been blessed to find the Star Persona.


The Star Lv.1

You guess, there's more than meets the eye about these three little fillies, but for now, food.


It's already dark, somewhere around Eleven fifty. You remember what happened this day, the fillies, along with Applejack and their family couldn't believe how much of an eater you were. Then again, they gave you fritters, pies and apples! Fruits and sweet baked goods are always delicious... Fuuka then showed up on the back of your mind, carrying a plate of pie. Okay, maybe not all the times, but Fuuka should be getting better soon! At least, you hope she is, for everyone's safety.

Thinking about today's event were suddenly put to a halt as a sudden ringing of the bell was heard. Ponies were transformed into coffins, the clear river water turning blood red and if memory serves you correctly, it really does turn water into blood. The dark black sky turned to a sickly, pale green. All in the span of twelve bell rings, and after the ringing stopped, a hulking tower appeared out of nowhere.

You stand up as you glare at the tower, this may be a new world, but you're sure that this tower was in fact, the same tower from before, the tower of [Tartarus].

You ventured forward towards the tower, it's now or never, time to find out the secrets as to why this tower resurrected in a different world.


Unbeknownst to you, a pair of blood-red colored eyes was once again watching you, but unlike last time.

"I'm not safe here alone, best choice I got to surviving this is with that new pony." the owner of the eyes followed you.

Author's Note:

I actually planned to get this chapter uploaded earlier... Unluckily for me and you readers, my laziness killed that plan off. But I fought it off just to get this uploaded so I hope you enjoyed and leave a comment on what you think about the story, the writing, etc. Or about what you would like to see next! You never know, I might find that a good idea and use it.

I quote "you know next to nothing about this world" is a big lie for everyone in this site... Just wanted to say/type that out.

I also quote " "From number one to number twenty one. Pick one number each, it could be the same as the other or your own." " Longest dialogue I've given to Minato. Don't expect this to happen again anytime soon.

Well, Got to go, peace.

Comments ( 7 )

Not once have I ever played a Persona game, or anything from the over-arching Shin Megami Tensei series. At some point I would like to rectify that despicable error. As it is, I am enjoying this fic, and shall await more.

At last i found fic about minato.......
Wonder why this feel like the game more than the movie....

Juuuust a random question, but is this story dead? It better not, Its just starting to get good....

5641019 definitely not my good sir. Just a slight problem, a game called "wakfu" has my time on its evil clutches and refuses to let it go.... But seriously speaking that game is just too damn addicting for me.

5641044 Lol. I know how you feel... SSB4 has still got me in it's icy clutches.


Also, I'm a ma'am. but I can see where your getting at.

Is this dead?

Login or register to comment