• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 1,468 Views, 23 Comments

When Pinkie Pie Actually Took Her Medicine - Arkybrony



Something's wrong with Pinkie Pie..... SHE'S SOPHISTICATED!?!?!?!?

  • ...
10
 23
 1,468

When Pinkie Pie Actually Took Her Medicine

AJ entered Pinkie's house

"Pinkie Pah! I got yer' medicine fer ya!"

"Thanks Applejack!"

"Bah the way, what's this stuff for anyway?"

"My mommy made me take this when I was a kid. But I only pretended to take it. It's an anti-crazy pill"

"Have you ever taken it?"

"Nope. Being crazy is just a part of me. I only get it refilled so the doctors don't get suspicious."

"Alrighty. But if the doctor prescribed it to you, Ah think you should take it. If being all fun and crazy is a part of you, then no medicine can take that away from you."

"That makes sense I guess I'll take it right now."

Pinkie took the medicine and the two said their goodnights and went home.


The next day, the friends all came together to talk before the rest of their day like they usually do. The gang was shocked to see Pinkie Pie, dressed up all fancy and business professional.

"What in the world are you doing, Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash said.

"What is wrong with business attire, my good friend and colleague, Rainbow Dash?"

"You seem like you're not yourself. Usually you'd be all fun and excited, bouncing around instead of walking."

"I am myself, good friend. You see, we know what we are, but know not what we may be."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am just being my normal, everyday self. To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any pony."

"Thine? What does 'thine' mean"

Applejack chimed in,

"It means 'your'. Ah still don't know whah Pinkie Pie is talkin' like that."

Twilight spoke up,

"I think she may just be going through some phase right now. Maybe of depression, which can cause a want for more attention. Even the happiest of ponies like Pinkie Pie can get depressed."

"No, no, no, Twilight," Pinkie said, "Though I be but little, I am fierce."

Rainbow spoke up, "What does being fierce have to do with any of this?"

"Being fierce has many things to do with the deeper aspects of who I am. I must leave now. Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."

All the gang looked confused by Pinkie Pie's sudden change in personality, but soon enough, they all left to their respective jobs.

Rainbow Dash walked with Applejack to their jobs.

"What do you think is happening with Pinkie Pie?" Said RD,

"Ah'm not exactly sure, but Ah know this can't be good."

"I know, right. We should try and figure this out."

"We should. But Ah gotta get to work now."

"But eventually, we'll get to the bottom of this!"

"Yer dern raght we will!"

AJ and RD split up to go to their respective ways.


Days went on and Pinkie Pie was still acting strange. About a month passed and Pinkie had AJ pick up her prescriptions again. AJ showed up to Pinkie's room, which was now decorated with photos of famous business ponies, graphs of the stock market, and portraits of former kings and queens of Equestria, rather than the fun decorations that were once there.

"Pinkie Pah, what in the Wondrous World of Wonderful Whimsical Willy happened in here?" AJ said,

"You don't like my remodeling? It is of no concern to me, I shall respect your opinion."

AJ gave Pinkie her medication. She stared confused at a portrait of King Raziel while asking Pinkie Pie who it was.

"King Raziel? Oh, he was one of the greatest kings in Equestrian history. He had two sons, one of them went on to rule Equestria while the other one went on to turn evil, but was stopped by the Elements of Harmony."

"Huh. I guess ya learn something new everyday. Well, I guess I'll see ya' tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow."

"Uh. Ok."

AJ left.


Applejack laid in her bed, thinking about Pinkie Pie's new self. She couldn't stand to be with Pinkie Pie if she wasn't who she truly was. It was about 3:00 AM when she had an epiphany. She immediately called Rainbow Dash, who was actually awake playing Watch Ponies. Rainbow Dash paused the game and answered the phone.

"Hey, Applejack. I'm surprised you're up this late."

"You're up too."

"Yeah but I'm up at 3:00 AM all the time. I'm playing Watch Ponies. I'm basically going around Vanhoover stopping crimes and hacking into stuff."

"That's great, Dashie, but Ah think Ah-"

"Did you know this game has an EXACT model of Vanhoover?"

"That's great, Rainbow Dash, but Ah think Ah've figured out what happened to Pinkie!"

"What happened?"

"Ah think Ah accidentally talked her into taking her anti-crazy pills. Now she's taking 'em every day and it made her how she is now!"

"Uh oh. What do we do?"

"We'll go to her house, Ah'll hogtie her, and we'll take 'er to Zecora."

"I'll bring the chloroform."

"What?"

"You know, just in case."


AJ and RD met outside of Pinkie's house. The deed was done (and the chloroform was actually used). Not too long after, they were at Zecora's house. They knocked and Zecora answered.

"It is Rainbow Dash and Applejack, and for me they do seek.
And they bring me Pinkie Pie, whose body is now weak."

"Ok, Zecora," AJ said, "we got a problem."

"I see you have a problem, for there is nobody,
that comes to my humble abode, just to come see me."

"Ok... Pinkie Pah's not herself anymore. She's gone from happy and fun to businesslike and weird."

"I, Zecora, have seen this before,
but making her normal can still be a chore,
for she has the choice to make it or break,
but her current personality is still fake."

"What are you saying?" RD asked,

"Let me see her flank."

"That's disgusting, Zecora. I'm not doing that."

"Who is the witch doctor, is it thee?
No, you fool, the witch doctor is me!"

"Dashie," AJ said, "Ah think we should show her the flank."

"What!?" Dash said, "If she's covering it, it should remain covered."

"Rainbow Dash, if we want Pinkie Pie back, we should do it."

"Fine, Zecora, pull her pants down."

Zecora pulled Pinkie's pants down and it revealed something that shocked everyone: her cutie mark was gone.


After the moment of shock, Rainbow Dash asked what they should do, Zecora replied,

"If you get her to stop taking her medication,
the happiness and joy will return to this nation."

"WHY MUST YOU CURSE US, UNIVERSE!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Pinkie Pie immediately woke up and said

"The fault, dear Rainbow Dash, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

The three other ponies there were shocked that she woke up so suddenly, but Applejack immediately made an intelligent response.

"Pinkie, the fault is in ourselves, and there's a major fault in you!"

"Applejack, there is no fault within me, for the fool doth think he is wise, but the wise pony knows himself to be a fool.”

"Listen to me, Pinkie Pie. It was fer me to tell ya to take yer medicine. And Ah feel very sorry about it, cuz yer not who ya used to be. Ah need you to stop takin' that medicine. Please, fer yer friends."

"I enjoy who I am now, but I know that there is a fault in myself, for I have forsaken my true self. I shall forsake what makes me not me, for words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find. And you two, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, are faithful friends."

Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie all hugged, and as soon as the hug happened, Pinkie's cutie mark reappeared.

"So, Pinkie Pah, whadduya gonna do next?"

"PARTY!!!!!!"

10 minutes later, the Mane 6, Zecora, and whoever else wanted to show up had a huge party in the middle of the city. At 4:00 in the morning.

Author's Note:

EDIT, 12/10/2014 *I wasn't really thinking when I thought AJ's accent would be the thing people were offended by. I am sorry for offending anyone about Pinkie Pie, her medication, etc.*

ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S NOTES-
Yes, almost everything Pinkie says is a Shakespeare quote (sometimes modified to make it pony related)
Sorry if anyone gets offended by Applejack's accent. I'm from Arkansas (where many people actually do talk like that), and I don't mean to offend anyone by the extreme southern accent stereotype.
The whole King Raziel thing is a reference to The Prince Returns by Shadowslash101. It's a good story, you should go read it.
Did anyone catch the Powerpuff Girls reference?

EDIT: 4/17/2015
*And no, it's not a TFIOS reference, it's a quote from Shakespeare's play, Julius Caesar

Comments ( 23 )

I liked the idea but the execution needs works. To me, you sorta flew right through the story. Seemed to go too fast. even for a one shot. I did l like your zecora though.

I'll bring the chloroform

Whaaaa??? This is offically my favorite story. Just work on pacing!

Ok. Just a few points. One. In the story description it said 'the one day she Dora's but then in the story it'qs said that it went on for a few weeks. Two. This story has an interesting idea behind it but I think it needs to be fleshed out more, like, more details, realer charictors and for when somepony new starts to speak again start a new line (this makes it much easier to read). Great job though keep it up!

4505804 Yeah, when I wrote the months passing thing I was actually considering the fact that the description said "the one day". I guess it means the effects of the one day she takes it. But thanks for reading anyway.:pinkiehappy:

"The fault, dear Rainbow Dash, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

DID YOU JUST

4510675 yeah, almost everything Pinkie says is a Shakespeare quote (or modified to fit the MLP world)

"So, Pinkie Pah, Whaddaya gonna do next?"
"I'm going to... College to enhance my future knowledge!"
:pinkiegasp:

She stared confused at a portrait of King Raziel while asking Pinkie Pie who it was

No end punctuation.

That's the only grammatical error I see. As for story, you'd think AJ would be able to catch on to Pinkie Pie agree to trying her meds to PP suddenly changing drastically faster than that. As for the PPG reference . . .

. . . was it the Watch Ponies thing? I think I may remember that episode.

4517314 Yeah I tend to forget proofreading.. You should go read the fic that Raziel came from though (if you're up for a fan novel, it's like 100,000 words long). It's called The Prince Returns by Shadowslash101. Now is that a yes or a no if you got the reference?

4518956 100K words? That's nothing. I've read something that sits at 150k words finished, and I'm caught up with one that's at 160k words and ongoing (and the author plans to get it to around a million by the time it's done). I also have Fallout: Equestria on my to-read list, which is over 600k words. I devour 30-50k word fics like they're nothing :rainbowwild: 100k words? That's a good appetizer.

Also, I asked if I got the reference in the spoiler.

4518991 I'm not much of a reader of long stuff like that, but the one I recommended is by someone I actually know (so I'm biased on recommending it), but it's still good anyway. It's my first long fic to read, it's very long for me so I guess I just specified its length because I'm intimidated by long fics like that. I'm on mobile right now so the spoiler is just a thick black line I can't do anything about. I'll check it on a computer as soon a I can.

I assume watch ponies is watch dogs. chicago it's in chicago. neighcago

4539794 Yeah it is. I made it in Vanhoover because there's not really a pony city named after Chicago in the show.

By casually describing the medication as "anti-crazy", you contribute to the ongoing stigma against mental illness in our society. Also, no drug with a neurological effect is going to begin working in less than a day -- you're usually looking at a couple of weeks minimum. You should probably specify that this is something related to magical potions if you want an immediate result.

The Powerpuff girl reference? What about the Fault In Our Stars reference?!?!?!

5346063 Actually, that was a quote from William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar (the actual quote said Brutus, not Rainbow Dash). That's probably where John Green got the name for his book though.

4517314 If that's the only grammatical error you see, you need your eyes AND your brain checked. This story would get a zero in ANY composition class. That's not even taking into consideration all the other problems with this incredibly stupid story.

The garbage that passes moderation these days, I swear...

There is nothing more then I hate is fanfics that not only portray her as a killer, but also fanfics that portray her of needing to be medicated. Yeah how nice being extroverted = needing to be drugged up. Thank you for playing the stereotype that outgoing hyper people always need to be medicated to calm down and that if someone is mentally ill they must be medicated. bravo. I hope you are proud of yourself you must feel big writing something so distasteful.
4587712
this this THIS! this is what i hate! i am tired of people on this website thinking if someone acts a least bit hyper they must be crazy and need to be drugged. i freakin hate that! I have depression so that stereotype really pisses me off.

5366347
5366262
4587712
I really am sorry for offending anybody. I write comedy fics, so I tend to exaggerate stuff, like Pinkie's "craziness". I really didn't tend to offend anyone, and I'm sorry that I did. More of the story was meant to emphasize the new found sophistication that her character doesn't have. I've been with special-needs people before, and I know it is a serious issue that shouldn't really be made fun of, and it was not my intention to do so with this story. I have had depression before, and I wrote this story while still on medication. I write stuff for comedy purposes, not to make fun of anyone with depression, special needs, or other mental illnesses. Again, writing comedy stuff can tend to lead to exaggeration in bad ways, like this story did, and I am really sorry for offending people. I plan to edit this story or delete it completely to fix my mistakes. Also, I'm terrible at proofreading my own work, but I've gotten better at it, so I will try and fix that when I re-write this. Again, I am very sorry for offending you.

5366543
I understand you meant no harm by it. Comedy can be tricky its really easy to cross the line that's why so many comedies get backlash someone is going to see the line crossed. Its okay you were trying to write a comedy you didn't want to offend anyone so all is forgiven. :scootangel:

Login or register to comment