• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,632 Views, 87 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Three - Derpyforever



Flash and Twilight broke up?! How is this possible?! Find out why today!

  • ...
20
 87
 2,632

Chapter 18: Finale

Chapter 18: Finale

“I have no idea what to do,” Twilight told Flash as they landed in front of her library.

“It's alright," Flash assured, as they went inside and quietly snuck by Spike, "You are one of the smartest ponies I know and I'm sure you can figure it out."

"You two weren't very long," Spike stirred, "So I guess that means it's nothing important?"

"Yep," Twilight nervously smiled, accidently sending a couple books flying across the room.

"What was that," Spike asked.

"Uh," Twilight and Flash traded a nervous glance.

"Ah forget it," Spike waved off, going back under his blanket, "I'll clean it up when the sun rises, cause I don't rise till the sun does."

"That's strange," Twilight said, "The sun should have been up by now... The sun should have been up by now!"

Twilight rushed to her bedroom window and looked up at the moon.

"Ok," Twilight said, "I can do this."

Twilight closed her eyes and focused as Flash joined her side. He looked up at the sky and watched as the moon started to lower, then bounce around the sky before final trading spots with the sun.

"There," Twilight declared, "did it with no trouble."

"Uh... Yeah no trouble," Flash smiled.

"Ok, now all I have to do is learn to control it a little better... I'll just start with levitating."

Twilight took in a deep breath and stared at a book on the ground. She focused as it began to lift in the air.

"There, no problem," Twilight said.

"Problem! Problem," Flash exclaimed.

Twilight looked up and saw that he, along with some furniture, was being pressed up against the ceiling.

"Oops," Twilight blushed, letting him go as he slammed into the floor, "My bad."

"It's ok," Flash reassured, "but we should probably find a bigger place for you to practice."

"Good idea," Twilight said as they went downstairs, knocking Spike out of his basket.

"Wait," Spike yelled, chasing them outside, "Where are we going?"

"Oh, hey Spike," Twilight said, "Uh, Flash and I have to go to the castle of the two sisters. so... bye!"

Twilight bent down then shot up into the air at blazing speeds.

"Whoa," Flash gaped, then shook his head and took off after her, "Wait for me!"

Flash followed the purple trail and caught up with Twilight just as she roughly landed into the ground.

"Where did you learn to fly so fast," Rainbow exclaimed. She followed them when they zoomed by her and the others, who arrived shortly after.

"I must have caught a particular strong breeze or something," Twilight lied.

"Well, it must have been 'or something', cause there wasn't any breeze up there," Rainbow questioned.

"It was nothing," Flash interjected, "Twilight and I were just having a playful race to the castle of the two sister."

"Oh," Rarity said, "well, would you two like some company? Seazon and I have absolutely nothing to do."

Seazon Fashion was Rairty's coltfriend. He was a dark indigo unicorn Rarity met at fashion week in Manehatten and was a fashionista competitor who was runner up at the contest. Rarity ran into him on the train heading back to Ponyville and they had a little chat about the inspiration behind there designs for the contest. He offered to show her his future designs for a line of clothing set to be launch for Hearth Warming Eve. When he did, Rarity was amazed by the patterns and color scheme. She asked if they were ready, but he shook his head and said in his high class voice, "I've been so busy for fashion week that I haven't been able to work on any of the suits and dresses." Rarity offered to help which Seazon gladly accepted. Afterwards they became friends which later blossomed into romance.

"We all could use some time with our coltfriends," Applejack added.

"Uh, hello," Rainbow exclaimed.

"It's not our fault ya couldn't get one," Applejack shot back, "Ya were rude to every single one ya met."

"FINE THEN," Rainbow yelled, "I guess you won't be needing me then!"

"Rainbow," Applejack sighed, "Ah'm sorry."

"Whatever," Rainbow huffed, before turning around, "I'm out of here."

"Rainbow wai-."

Applejack didn't finish as Rainbow took off into the sky.

"We seriously need to find her a special somepony," Applejack sighed, shaking her head, "So what were y'all saying?"

"Flash and I are heading to castle of the two sisters," Twilight repeated.

"Right, and we were..."

"But we want to be alone," Twilight added.

"Are you sure darling," Rarity asked.

"Yeah, we could hang out some other time."

"Alright," Rarity grinned, "come on girls, these two want some 'alone' time."

"Not for th-"

"Thank you," Flash interrupted, as he made Twilight follow him to the castle.

"See you two later," Rarity called before she, Fluttershy, and Applejack went back to Ponyville... Pinkie, however, hung back at the edge of the forest

"How come I didn't get to speak," she asked the sky.

"You do now," a voice replied.

"And how come Rainbow and I don't have coltfriends?"

"You do have a coltfriend, you know that."

"You didn't talk about him, so the readers don't know anything about him."

"Cause I want him to be an almost completely new concept in the next story."

"Oh ok... but wouldn't it be technically cheating for your other half and my other half to be dating."

"DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT," The voice exclaimed, "And no it wouldn't... and besides, he's not suppose to exist yet."

"Then hurry up and make the vid."

"You can't rush perfection, Pinkie."

"I'm not rushing perfection, I'm rushing you, DF."

The voice laughed at the nautical nonsense and said, "Ah, those are always the best references... oops, looks like were taking a little bit more of the story for this then we should, so go ahead and ask me."

"Alright," Pinkie nodded, "Didn't Twilight say that we were suppose to tell everypony to hide in the real episode?"

"That's what this is for."

"Ah, that makes sense," Pinkie said then looked straight forward at nothing as she bowed, "and scene."

###

"Why did you do that," Twilight exclaimed as they approached the castle.

"Well we can't tell them the real reason why we're here, so if them thinking it's a regular date will get them to leave us alone, then I'm all for it."

"You thought up all that," Twilight questioned.

"I've been working on my intellect ever sense you started using words I didn't even know existed," Flash chuckled, "So, in some ways, I could be smarter than you."

"I do do that don't I," Twilight grinned, "Well, smart guy, which out of the plethora of vocabulary words I know can assist us in accomplishing our imperative task?"

"I... uh," Flash was left speechless as Twilight chuckled.

"Oh, you're so cute when you're clueless," Twilight smirked, brushing up against his side, "Now come on, before you hurt yourself."

After accepting defeat, Flash followed Twilight as they approached a cliff side.

"Alright," Twilight declared, "So the first thing I should probably do is teleportation."

Twilight looked down into the valley and saw a flat rock that seemed pretty sturdy. Twilight took a deep breath and focused. Her horn sparked a few time until a flash of light sent her on the rock.

"There," Twilight said, "I did it."

"Um, Twilight," Flash said.

Twilight looked down and saw she was standing on top of him.

"My bad," Twilight chuckled, stepping off, but the moment Flash got up, another bright light emitted from Twilight's horn and they appeared on a the edge of a waterfall.

"Whoa," Flash yelped before it happened again and Twilight was wedge between two rock.

"Just great," Twilight groaned, then called out, "Flash, you there?"

"I'm on the outside," Flash called.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE," a voice boomed in the distance.

"Tirek," Twilight growled, then blasted the rock to nothing and saw Tirek in the distance.

"That's Tirek," Flash gaped as the towering creature approached them, "Oh boy."

"Twilight Sparkle," Tirek shouted, "You have something that will be mine!"

Tirek charged the two, each stride he took covering hundreds of yards at a time, as Twilight and Flash pushed off the ground and shot up high into the sky.

"I'll take left you take right," Twilight suggested.

"You got it," Flash nodded as they flew straight at Tirek.

Twilight shot a beam that Tirek blocked with his arm as Flash tried to flank. The massive centaur flung his arm at Flash, but missed as Flash dove underneath and used his hind legs to kick him in the head.

Tirek was set off balance as Twilight tried to finish him off, but Tirek quickly recovered and grabbed Twilight in his hand.

"Let her go," Flash barked as he took a dive straight at him.

"As you wish," Tirek smirked as he winded up his arm and threw Twilight at a mountain miles away.

"Twilight," Flash exclaimed as he stopped in mid-air and took off after her... but Tirek grabbed Flash's leg and pulled him down as he slammed Flash into the ground.

Meanwhile, Twilight had summoned a force field around herself just before making contact with the mountain. As the dust cleared out, Tirek had left Flash stunned on the ground and charged right at her, creating a ginormous tunnel in the mountain as he drove her through it.

After coming out the other side, Twilight charged up her horn and blasted Tirek down before rushing back to Flash.

"You ok," She quickly ask as Flash got back up.

"Yeah," Flash replied shaking his head, "Look out!"

Flash pulled Twilight out of the way of a beam Tirek shot. Tirek made his way back to the two and stood across the field from each other. Tirek charged his magic as Twilight and Flash went to the air again. After getting fully charged, Tirek let loose his magic and fired. It flew past the two as they went a little higher into the air, but directly hit Twilight's library.

"My library," Twilight exclaimed as Owlowiscious narrowly escaped the destroyed tree, then turned back to Tirek, "That's it!"

Twilight charged her horn and flew straight at Tirek. Tirek charged his magic again and both let loose there attack as both beams met in the middle, creating a huge explosion...

After the dust cleared out, Twilight coughed a little as she rubbed some dirt out of her eyes.

Tirek, on the other hand, was underneath some rocks, pushing them off as he got up.

"You're just not going to give up are you," Twilight sighed.

"I won't," Tirek chuckled, "but you will."

Tirek raised his hand and showed a struggling Flash.

"Let him go," Twilight growled.

"Not yet," Tirek smirked then opened his mouth as he began to suck Flash's flight out of him.

"NO," Twilight exclaimed, charging right at him, but was blasted back by Tirek's magic.

After Tirek finished, he tossed Flash forward. Flash grunting as he hit the ground.

"Flash," Twilight cried, rushing to his side.

"I'm alright," Flash coughed, as he slowly got up, but swayed side to side a little.

"I got you," Twilight said as Flash used her as a crutch.

"Thank you," Flash weakly smiled.

"So, Twilight Sparkle," Tirek said as the two looked up at him, "it seems we are at a standing... how about a trade."

Tirek snapped and her five friends, along with Discord, magically appeared in six bubbles.

"Your friends... for all the alicorn magic in Equestria!"

"Don't do it," Twilight's friends called out as she looked back up at them with a worried look.

"So what will it be," Tirek smirked.

"I-I..." Twilight stuttered as she looked from her friends to Flash, who only looked back unsurely.

"I need and answer!"

"I'll... I'll do it."

"Twilight," Flash weakly said.

"It's alright," Twilight nodded then looked up at Tirek, "First, release my friends."

Tirek snapped and the five bubble holding her friends popped as they fell to the ground.

"All of them," Twilight said, gesturing to Discord still in his bubble.

"After the way he betrayed you you still consider him a friend," Tirek questioned, making Discord sigh in shame

"Release him," Twilight ordered.

"As you wish," Tirek said, snapping to free the master of chaos.

"Thank you, Twilight," Discord said as he slowly got up.

"Now it's your turn," Tirek declared, picking up Twilight.

Twilight took in a deep breath as Tirek took her magic. Once he was done, he let her go and grew to full power.

"Yes," Tirek exclaimed as he towered over everything, "I'm now the most powerful being in Equestria!"

Tirek rampaged off, crushing everything he stepped on, leaving the rest behind.

"Ah can't believe ya did that," Applejack said as they approached Twilight, "Just gave up the magic for us."

"I'm never going to leave you girls behind," Twilight smiled.

"Twilight Sparkle," Discord sadly said as he took off the necklace Tirek gave him to trick him into loyalty, "I can't began to tell you how sorry I am for causing all of this. I was blind by greed to see I already had the greatest treasure... friendship. I may never gain it back, and I wouldn't blame you if you never do, but I offer you this. I thought this was given to me as a sign of friendship, but it was just an bitter lie... but when I give it to you, I truly mean it as a gift from a friend."

Discord presented the triangular necklace before Twilight as she gladly accepted it.

"Thank you, Discord," Twilight smiled.

"Do ya think that's the last key we need," Applejack interjected.

"There's only one way to find out," Twilight declared.

Everypony ran as fast as they could to the Tree of Harmony. Upon reaching, Twilight placed the necklace on the chest. There was a second of pause, until a magic aura spontaneously burst out of the chest and took the object before turning it into a key with Twilight's element.

"I think we have to do this together," Twilight shouted as her key went into it's lock.

The six pushed in and turned their keys, causing the chest to open and shoot out colorful lights that each surround one of the six mares... returning there magic.

Meanwhile, on ground level, Tirek was bringing destruction to the land... until a bright light pillar shot out of the ground.

"Wh-What is this," Tirek exclaimed as the mane six, now rainbow powered up, rose from the light pillar, "H-How can this be! You don't have any magic!"

"You may have taken one form of magic," Twilight declared as she and the others began to release a beam that each hit the centaur before becoming one attack, "but you can never steal the magic that's within us all! The magic of friendship!"

"NOOooooo," Tirek yelled out as all the magic he stole was being drained out of him and he was banished back to Tartarus, switching places with the three princesses and prince as their magic returned to them.

"Wow," Flash watched in awe as his flight return and the mane six flew over all of Equestria to return the stolen magic.

"It sure is a sight," Discord smiled, then turned to Flash, "Hey... sorry about what happened yesterday... I said something's I shouldn't have. I know I probably don't have a chance with Fluttershy, I've just been a little lonely that's all."

"I understand," Flash nodded, "I know how it feels to be all alone, but like they say, there's a pony for everypony."

"Thanks," Discord replied, "but I'm not exactly a pony... In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm the only Draconequus for miles around."

"I'm sure you find someone," Flash said, "but in the meantime, keep your head up."

"Thanks," Discord chuckled and started to walk away before turning back around, "Oh, by the way, check the box again, you might like what you see."

"What are you talking about," Flash questioned.

"Well, I know you're not the richest pony in Equestria, but she is a princess. So I figured I'd help you out," Discord smiled before leaving him behind, "I'll see you later."

Flash watched him walk back into Ponyville with a questionable look but then shrugged and followed him into town.

After they were done, the mane six return back to Ponyville as their power up ended... but then, were Twilight's library used to stand, the chest from the tree had left it's flower and planted itself in the ground, sprouting out into an enormous castle before their very eyes.

"Wow," they all gaped.

"Whose castle is this," Twilight said.

"I believe it is yours, Princess Twilight Sparkle," Celestia declared.

"It's... mine?"

"Yes, you are now Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship," Celestia replied walking inside, "Follow me."

Celestia led the six down the magnificent hallway.

"This is amazing," Rarity gaped.

"I understand that you've been wondering what your role in Equestria is," Celestia told Twilight as Discord and Flash walked inside, "Do you know now?"

"I think my role in Equestria is to spread the magic of friendship all across Equestria," Twilight replied, "and as Princess of Friendship, encourage others to do the same."

"Well then," Celestia declared as she began to open the double doors at the end of the hallway, "I present to you, the Princess of Friendship."

Celestia opened the door to reveal six thrones with the one of the six element of harmony on each.

"This is incredible," Twilight said as the six each took their seats.

"But what's the Princess of Friendship without her friends," Celestia said as the six gathered up in a group hug.

Discord and Flash, Twilight noticed, watched from afar, and she used her magic to pull the two into the group.

"Wait a minute," Discord exclaimed, "Where's my throne."

"I don't think you're quite there yet," Fluttershy said.

"Well," Discord chuckled, "I suppose so... I'm sorry Fluttershy, for everything."

"It's alright," Fluttershy smiled, "We will always be friends, no matter what."

"Thank you," Discord nodded.

"You know what this calls for," Pinkie interjected, "A PARTY!"

Pinkie pulled a turntable and speakers out of nowhere, then started firing her party cannon which, like the dj equipment, appeared out of nowhere.

"Where are you getting this stuff," Rainbow asked as Pinkie fired her cannon one last time.

"From Half Price Party, duh," Pinkie replied as she got Vinyl Scratch (again, out of nowhere) and put her at the turn table, "Now let's get this party started!"

After realizing she just been Pinkied, Vinyl took a record from Pinkie (Seriously! Where are you getting this stuff?!) and started to play a pretty upbeat song while other ponies from Ponyville started to join in.

"This is pretty impressive," Flash told Twilight as he looked around the room.

"It sure is," Twilight replied.

"But it's kind of big for you and Spike," Flash continued.

"I guess it is a little more spacious than my library," Twilight agreed, then Applejack accidently bumped into here while dancing with Barn Raiser.

"Oops, mah bad sugercube," Applejack apologized as Barn Raiser helped Applejack up and they went back to dancing.

"No problem," Twilight chuckled as the two went out of earshot, then looked up and saw Flash's hoof.

"Hey," Flash grinned as he helped Twilight up, "I thought bumping into the other was our thing."

"Oh ha-ha," Twilight rolled her eyes, but with a smile.

"Come on," Flash grabbed Twilight's hoof, "Let's go somewhere a little more quiet."

Flash led Twilight out of the big room and up into the upper floor where they found a balcony overlooking the town as the sun began to set.

"This is beautiful," Twilight said, "So what were you saying."

"Well," Flash replied, "I was just mentioning that this place is a little big for you and Spike."

"It might be," Twilight nodded.

"So," Flash continued but started to trail off as he rubbed his neck a little.

"You alright Flash," Twilight asked as she began to notice his anxiety.

"It's now or never I guess," Flash sighed, "Twilight Sparkle, you are the smartest and most beautiful mare I have ever met. I love you so much that it almost hurts... I want to ask you... will... will you..."

"What's going on party animals," Pinkie exclaimed from behind, making the two jump, "Whoops, didn't mean to scare you."

"Oh, hey Pinkie," Twilight said, not noticing the disappointed look on Flash's face before he hid it with a smile.

"I guess I must have been interrupting something," Pinkie said.

"It's alright," Twilight said then turned to Flash, "What were you saying Flash?"

"Never mind," Flash lied, "It can wait... come on, let's join the rest downstairs."

Flash and Twilight left Pinkie and went downstairs to join the party, leaving the one question for Twilight to wonder... what was Flash going to ask...

"The E-..."

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE," Pinkie exclaimed at the sky, "You ended Part Two with them breaking up! And you ended some of Part Three's chapters with the most craziest endings ever... but I think I'm speaking for everybrony/pegasister when I say YOU ARE NOT ENDING IT HERE! Because I'm pretty sure we all know what Flash was going to ask! You already screwed up his first proposal, you are not screwing up his second chance!"

"Pinkie," the voice yelled, "Calm down! This may have been the final part to TLS, but the series is not over!"

"It's... not," Pinkie questioned.

"No," the voice said, a little quieter, "It's not."

"Oh," Pinkie blushed, "This is a bit awkward... Sorry for yelling..."

"It's alright," the voice sighed, "I know everybrony/pegasister's been waiting for the proposal and I know it's very aggrivating when the writer makes you wait... believe me, I know.

"So... what now?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

"Aw man... what are we suppose to do until then?"

"I don't know... Party?"

"Ookie Dookie Lookie," Pinkie smiled, then bounced her way down the stairs.

(The End)

Comments ( 13 )

Nice ending. I liked how you added Flash into the whole battle with Tirek situation. Good luck with part 4. I can't wait to read it. Take sometime off, but don't keep us waiting too long for the final or next to final part. Nice job adding in some coltfriends for the other elements.

when will next sequla come:rainbowhuh::trixieshiftright:ther better be anew seq8ual soon
:flutterrage::trixieshiftleft::rainbowhuh::flutterrage::flutterrage::ajbemused::trollestia:

4883430
4896804
Just thought I'd let you two know that there's already a next part: Love For All

5603811 Just was easily remembering by just reading the letters. It might of been how the author explained it.

5604429
5603811
5485134

Well, it already happened once in the show, so I thought Twilight reading the letters wouldn't be too unreasonable for it to happen again.

5604496 (Eep! The Author Noticed Me!) I meant more on the side it was too easy,you know BAM Memory back, If it was harder or she only turned back to normal (Coat) yet still had parts of her memory missing it would seem a little better or so

Pinkie X You? No, just no
OCs X M6 nope

What's the name of the story that's connected to Twilight's Love Story where Flash finally asks Twilight to marry him and they get married?

8030324 That story was never written nor ever will be written. This storyline does not continue. It was rebooted under the same name.

8030872 That stinks I like Flashlight ship fic's. With the show I think that they should have brought Twilight and Flash Sentry together as a couple. So I think that this story should have Twilight and Flash getting married.

Login or register to comment