• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,635 Views, 87 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Three - Derpyforever



Flash and Twilight broke up?! How is this possible?! Find out why today!

  • ...
20
 87
 2,635

Chapter 2: Time Means Proposal: Take Two

Chapter 2: Time Means Proposal: Take Two
"Wait, so am I the reason you two broke up," Fluttershy asked, scared that she might have been the cause of this whole mess even starting.
"No," Twilight assured, "of course not Fluttershy... well, you may have angered Geusto in the past... but that's not important. I waited at the train station for Flash, and for a second, thought something bad had happen to him. I waited and waited, and was starting to regret leaving him, but after a bit, he came. He was all beaten up though, he had a bad cut on his face and some bruises on his side, but when I tried to help, he just said he was fine and that my train was coming soon. He saw me off, but I couldn't help feeling that he was hiding something."
"Well I wasn't really," Flash added.
"Yes you were," Twilight interrupted, "you were fighting with your family, and it was all because of me! I'm the reason you have all those injuries, I'm the reason you can't pay attention during work, I'm the reason for almost getting you killed!"
"No you are not Twilight," Flash said, "all those things are my fault. I made the mistake of picking fights with my dad, it was me who decided to take "unauthorized" breaks, and that lightning bolt was just a coincidental accident, you couldn't control it."
"But you are still just putting your life on hold just for me."
"I know why you are concerned, and I realize my mistakes and intend on fixing them, but there is no point in all this if I can't have you with me."
"See, you just admitted it! You are doing all this for me!"
"Because I love you Twilight, and I want us together, and I promise to make amend with past problems, but please Twilight, say that you will accept me back... oh wait!"
"Wait for what," Twilight asked.
"I almost forgot why I came here... Twilight Sparkle," Flash declared, then, to the amazement, shock, joy, and all other emotions that struck everypony in the room, Flash knelt down, pulled out a box from underneath his wing, and opened it, revealing a ring as he finished his sentence, "will you marry me?"
Everypony looked at the ring, then Twilight as they eagerly waited for an answer. Twilight just stood there, looking at the ring, almost believing that it wasn't there at all. She opened and closed her mouth, unable to speak, until finally...
"No."
The five friends, plus Spike, gasped in shock at what they just heard Twilight say. Flash just knelt there, dumfounded and hurt, not knowing what to do, wondering what went so wrong on what was suppose to be so perfect.
"What," was all that Flash was able to say, hoping that he just heard her wrong.
"I'm sorry Flash, I'm truly am sorry," Twilight replied, as tears started to go down her face, "but my answer is no."
"I-I," Flash couldn't speak.
"I said no," Twilight yelled as she began to cry, "now go, leave... I... just go." Then Twilight ran upstairs into her room.
Flash was still kneeling, with the rejected ring still at hand, as he look at where Twilight had stood. He then turned to the others, who were just as confused as he was; they didn't know if they should say something, go and try to comfort Twilight, or just leave. Flash finally snapped out of his trance and got up. He didn't seem mad, or sad, or anything for the most part, he just turned, opened the door, and made his way out into the dying rain. The others continued to stand in silence as they just look at each other, not knowing what to do or say.
"That was... awkward," Rainbow Dash finally said.
"Awkward," Rarity exclaimed, "that was down right terrible! What is wrong with Twilight? Can't she see that her perfect match just proposed to her?! He at least seemed serious when he said that he was going to fix his mistakes."
"Ah don't know girls," Applejack said, "but ah do know this ain't the end!"
"Of course this isn't the end silly filly," Pinkie interjected, "It is only Chapter Two!"
"Say what now," Applejack asked.
"Oh sorry, the writer thought I could give some comic relief if I acted like Caboose for a second, or maybe the rest of the story, I don't know, it is up to the writer, who wants the readers to comment in the reviews if they want me to talk like this. "
"What are ya talkin' about? Who is Caboose?"
"Ohh that's right, this is a different series, never mind then. By the way, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and I have to go talk to Flash while you, Fluttershy, and Spike go talk to Twilight for the rest of the story to work out. Alright team, move out, " Pinkie said as she headed out the door to catch Flash.
"I think Pinkie might have actually lost it this time," Rainbow said.
"Ah think you're right," Applejack replied, "I guess we should go ahead and split up then? The way Pinkie told us to."
"I guess so," Rarity said, "good luck."
"You too," Applejack replied.
Then the ponies split up to, yet again, try and bring the broken hearts back together.
(To Be Continued...)
(Caboose is bluecatcinema's character. He is not mine.)