• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,634 Views, 87 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Three - Derpyforever



Flash and Twilight broke up?! How is this possible?! Find out why today!

  • ...
20
 87
 2,634

Chapter 10: A Trip Down Truthful Lane

Chapter 10: A Trip Down Truthful Lane

The mane six (excluding Twilight) were talking amongst each other and drawing rescue plans for Twilight and Flash in the dirt while the Changelings tended to their injured queen. Solar was sitting at the edge of the cliff outside the the hive looking out into the setting sun. Celestia saw Solar and decided to sit next to her. Solar looked at Celestia when she heard her approached and smiled.

"You know," Solar said, looking back at the sunset, "I would get this kind of view from the entrance of my cave. You do magnificent work cousin."

"Thank you," Celestia replied, "you alright?"

"Yeah," Solar replied, "I'm alright. You think Blackout... I mean Twilight... is alright? "

"Of course, Solar. Like I said, she is a strong and smart mare... you know, she kind of takes after you."

Solar smiled again, "I don't know, I probably wouldn't have been a good mother."

"Nonsense, you would have been a great mother... well, aside for all the trying to take over Equestria."

"I don't think so. Twilight deserves better than me. Twilight Velvet is a much better mother, raising two great foals. Which reminds me, what ever happened to Moon Ring... does he remember?"

"Shining? Yeah, he remembers, he always wanted to tell Twilight but couldn't come to bringing that kind of pain on her. He lived on a happy life though, off being married to Cadance."

Solar chuckled, "In always new they would find each other somehow."

"But what about you Solar? What are you going to do."

"I don't know," Solar replied, "I mean, taking over Equestria has gown quite tiresome, and has made me lose so much. My family, my sanity, the Tempmares have turned their back on me, and I'm beginning to thinking Buzzard and Jack are starting to lose faith in me. I really have nopony to turn to. Nopony remembers me and even on a slim chance that a few do know who I am, they would probably run in fear."

"Sounds like Luna. When she return to Ponyville not as Nightmare Moon, but as Princess Luna, she was unsure whether or not the ponies would show her any signs of love or compassion, she feared they would run away... but she was wrong. She learned the ponies loved her beautiful night... even found her special somepony the next year she visit... but that's a different story. What I'm trying to say, Solar, is that it will go the same for you too. I watch the ponies as they look on in awe during the few moments our moon and sun collide."

"Really? I- I had no idea... but of Luna, how did she regain the trust of her subjects?"

"Because she no longer looked on at them as subject, but as friends. As ponies not to bow before her, but to bow with her."

"But how exactly did she do it?"

"She had gotten help from Twilight, a pony who understands friendship even more than I do."

"Well, do you think Twilight could teach me?"

"I'm sure she would be more than happy to."

"That's good."

They both sat in silence as the others attended to the tasks at hoof. This continued until a ball of light appeared in the sky, surprising everypony to look up, as it deseneded to the ground while growing in size.

When the ball reached mere inches from the ground in front of the sealed cave, it stopped and simply faded away as two ponies slowly hovered to the ground.

"Twilight," Pinkie exclaimed, as she and the others ran up and hugged her

"Hey everypony," Twilight said, as the group hug ended.

"Twilight, I see you have paid a visit to the library recently," Celestia smiled

"Yep, and got my memory back," Twilight said.

"That's good... and somepony who wants to talk too you," Celestia replied, looking st Solar.

"That I do," Solar said, "Twilight, I want to apologize."

"It's alright, my memory's all good now," Twilight said.

"Not just for that, I want to apologize for not being there for you when you were little. For not being the kind of mother you deserve. Velvet is the real mother you deserve... and I'm alright if you feel that way too," Solar finished with a tear rolling down her cheek.

Twilight eyes began to water as she sighed. Then, to the confusion of everypony, she used her horn to levitate in front of her a tiny necklace that was hidden underneath the the hair of her coat and had a tiny golden heart on it with the letters "BL" engraved in it. She tapped the heart and it opened, revealing a small picture of two ponies smiling while snuggling up against each other. Twilight gave the small picture too Solar. Solar looked at it and her hoof started shaking and her eyes teared up as she saw who the two ponies were. The left one was herself while the other was her dear husband Lunar.

"Nopony knows about this," Twilight said, "but I've always had it ever since I was a little filly. I had no idea who those two ponies in the picture were or what "BL" stood for, until today, but every time I looked at it, I would always feel a warm connection, like I known them all my life."

"Th-This is amazing. You kept it after all these years," Solar whispered to herself as she used her horn to unhooked and levitate two necklaces that looked like Twilight's from her neck. One had the letters "SE" while the other had "LE". Solar then opened the two and gave them both two Twilight. Twilight looked inside and saw that they both had the picture of a little foal Blackout in a bundle and a colt Shining holding the little foal.

"Is that me and Shining," Twilight asked.

"It is," Solar replied, "although then, his name was Moon Ring. These pictures were right before I was rebanished to the cave. I gave one too Moon Ring a long time ago and put one on you after you were born."

"Wow," Twilight said, "but why do you have two?"

"Because one is Lunar's," Solar said as she began to cry, "I- I don't know where he is.""

"He's missing?! What happened?"

Solar didn't respond, she just continued to cry. Celestia walked up next to Solar and put her wing around her as Solar leaned on Celestia. Celestia then turned to Twilight.

"Twilight, it's time you learned what happened that night I took you from Solar. A few years before, Lunar freed Solar from the cave and they went into hiding soon afterwards. I found out about it and went to confront the two of them. Lunar told me Solar had changed, and she had... for the time being... so I had allowed her to be free. Not to long after, they had Shining, then you. You four lived on happily as a family, but sometime after your birth, something changed in Solar. She started locking herself in room, not letting anypony in. Lunar brought this to my attention in fear she may have been going through some kind of depression phase, so I decided to pay her a visit...

(Flashback)

Celestia came upon her and Luna's old castle, slightly repaired so Solar and her family could live there, and knocked on the front door. First silence, then a crack of thunder as an spooky fog appeared all around.

"Gooooo awaaaaay," a ghostly like voice echoed.

Celestia was not phased and simply replied, "who you gonna call?"

Immediately, the fog disappeared as the door opened and an alicorn as big as Celestia walked out. He had a normal, black mane that drooped over his left light purple eye, his white coat had the cutie mark of the moon almost completely red.

"Celestia," he exclaimed, his voice no longer ghostly, "so glad you came. Please, come in."

"Thank you, Lunar," Celestia replied when she walked in as Lunar closed the door behind her.

"Sorry about that earlier, security measures," Lunar apologized, as he led Celestia down the old broken down hall.

"I understand completely, " Celestia replied, "You must protect your family... by the way, congrats on the new addition. You and Solar must be so proud."

"I am... but I don't know about Solar... she's still doing it again."

"Still? I would have thought she would be fine by now. Where is she now?"

"She was in the main hall playing hide and seek with Moon Ring until I told her you were coming. She suddenly sent Moon away and locked herself in her room... do you have any idea what that might mean?"

"I've got two theories. Either she's fearing something, or, and I'm really wishing its not this, but she might not be as reformed as we thought she was."

"I hope not," Lunar replied, as he opened the door into the main hall where Moon Ring was playing peekaboo with a little foal Blackout who was giggling every time her brother reappeared. Moon looked up and waved, "Hi dad, Hi Celestia."

"Good evening Moon Ring," Celestia replied.

"Why don't you wait here and talk with the little ones while I go see about Solar," Lunar told Celestia.

"Alright," Celestia replied as Lunar headed down a hallway branching off from the main hall.

Celestia walked over to the other two and laid down next to them by tucking her hooves underneath her. Blackout ignored her brothers attention to get on her hooves as she shakingly tried to walk over to Celestia. Celestia smiled as the adorable little filly tried to fly up on top of her back. When the foal made it that far, she tried to climb up Celestia's neck but couldn't. Moon Ring was trying his best not to awe or laugh as Blackout started to get frustrated. After about the fifth failed attempt, Blackout was really mad as her horn started glowing. Moon and Celestia were both watching to see what she was doing until she disappeared, startling both of them. They looked around, then at each other until she reappeared on top of Celeatia's head. Moon fell to the ground laughing as Celestia lightly chuckled.

"Now get down from there you silly filly," Celestia said, levitating her down to the ground. Blackout just looked back up at Celestia for a moment, then teleported back on top of Celestia, making Moon laugh again. Celestia glared at Moon, instantly making him stop and gulp while smiling nervously. Celestia then looked up at Blackout who curled up and yawned as she made a bed out of Celestia's mane.

"You're not coming down from there are you," Celestia asked. Blackout responded by snuggling up against the portion of mane she was laying on, "that's what I thought."

"I think she likes you," Moon said.

"You think," Celestia sarcasticly said, "but I've had to deal with a foal sister before so I'm used to it. Anyways, how are things going for you at school, all good grades I presume?"

"Yep, straight A's," Moon said proudly, but then an unsure look came upon him.

"What's wrong Moon," Celestia asked.

"It's... nothing..."

"Come on Moon, you can tell me."

"Well, there's this new mare at school..."

"And you have a crush on her."

"How did you know," Moon asked surprised.

"I didn't until you just told me," Celestia in a rather high and raspy voice.

"Ah man Molestia, why you such a troll," Moon smiled

"It's what I do, but it's our little secret," Celestia winked.

"Right," Moon winked back.

"But in all seriousness," Celestia said with her voice back to normal, "who's the lucky mare?"

"Oh, she has a beautiful name," Moon replied, "She's-"

Moon was cut off by the sound of an explosion from down the hall Lunar came from, waking up Blackout who started to cry.

"What was that," Moon asked as Celestia got up and gave Moon Blackout.

"Somepony I hoped would never return," Celestia replied, "Stay here and protect Blackout."

"Yes mam."

Celestia ran down the hallway from where the explosion came from. Once she reached the end, she came across a big hole in the wall. Celestia flew out it and saw Lunar talking to a furious Solar.

"I TOLD YOU I DONT WANT HER HERE," Solar exclaimed, using the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"Calls down honey, it's alright," Lunar replied.

"DON'T YOU HONEY ME! NOW SHE COMPLETELY RUINS MY PLANS!"

"What plans," Celestia interjected.

"Oh guess who showed up! Thanks to you Lunar, I can't free Nightmare Moon anymore!"

"You were going to do what," Celestia exclaimed.

"That's right, I was going to free your sister and together we would have the might to finally defeat you. But it looks like I must do it alone!"

"Solar, stop," Lunar pleaded while flying between her and Celestia, "this isn't you! Snap out of it!"

"Sorry Lunar," Solar yelled, "but Solar isn't here right now! right now, you have Eclipse! NOW MOVE OUT of the way, I have a sun to extinguish!"

"I won't let you do that Solar."

"Fine... I'll have to Fry you both!"

"Celestia, take Moon Ring and Blackout and run! Get out of the Everfree forest and I'll meet you up later," Lunar told Celestia.

"What are you going to do?"

"It seems the Eclipse's eight minutes has come to an end," Lunar replied as tears started running down his face.

Celestia nodded as she new what he ment, then flew inside, grabbed Moon Ring and Blackout, and flew out of the forest.

"What are you doing Lunar?! She's getting away!"

"Solar," Lunar yelled, "I know your still in there, and I'm truly sorry for what I'm about to do. Please, one day please forgive me!"

Lunar concentrated as his horn glowed an orange red, then a pure white. He aimed his horn at Eclipse and fired as it engulfed her entirely. Eclipse tryed to break free, but couldn't, as she knew what was happening.

"You would try and banish your own wife?! Stop this at once!"

"I'm sorry Eclipse, but Solar is my wife."

"NOOOOO," Eclipse yelled as she was dragged back down into the cave of Neverending.

(To Be Continued...)