• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,633 Views, 87 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Three - Derpyforever



Flash and Twilight broke up?! How is this possible?! Find out why today!

  • ...
20
 87
 2,633

Chapter 16: Birthmark

Chapter 16: Birthmark

Two months have gone by since the Gala and the whereabouts of Lunar has happened, which means a hype has stirred up at the Crystal Empire. Cadance's foal is due any day now, and of course, Shining has been a little distracted by it to properly take roll as Prince/Trainer of the Crystal Guards. Of course, Cadance knew that the Crystal Empire duties couldn't be put off, not even for a few days, so Cadance agreed to have somepony with her at all times so Shining can run the kingdom.

Meanwhile, back in Ponyville, it was Flash's birthday and Twilight got the best party planner she knew... Of course I'm talking about you Pinkie. What, did you think I was going to say Cheese Sandwich? You know in my heart you will always be the number one party planner. Anyways, I have a little surprise for you... no you can't see it now, it wouldn't be a surprise silly filly...

"Hey that's my line," Pinkie told the sky as, yet again, the others watched.

"You think we should get her checked out," Rainbow asked as Pinkie continued her conversation with somepony the others couldn't see.

"We just got to make sure what ever going on with her, isn't going to effect us," Twilight stated, "remember the Gala?"

"That was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me," Flash said.

"Yeah that was strange... so anyways, what you've thinking you want to do for your birthday, Flash," Twilight asked.

"Nothing much really, just a little get together... and spend sometime with the greatest mare ever," Flash grinned.

"Ugh," Rainbow gagged, but was cut short by Applejack who punched her in the side, "Ow! What was that for?"

"You really should have more respect for other ponies relationships," Applejack glared.

"Oh, so you've been dating for a month and you think your an expert on it now? Newsflash AJ, I've dated colts before you even knew me, and I know farmcolt over here is your first one."

"His name is Barn Raiser," Applejack flared, "and the last time ah checked, your still single, so shut your trap before ah close it for ya!"

"Calm down, Applepie" an earth pony next to Applejack said, speaking with a country accent that almost reached as deep as Big Mac's. He was barely taller than AJ with a brown coat and black mane that was cut right above his green eyes. His cute mark was a toolbox.

"Sorry," Applejack said, shaking her head, "Ah guess that was a little harsh. Sorry, RD."

"Whatever," Rainbow shrugged, "I probably deserved it."

"... and that's how Equestria was made," Pinkie declared to the sky, making everypony stare at her.

"Anypony got a frying pan," Rainbow said, making everypony chuckled, "... No, I'm serious."

"I don't have a frying pan, but I got a letter," a cooky voice from above said. It belong to Derpy, "her you are Twilight. Alright, off to Canterlot. Got a ton of mail labeled... Molestia? Huh... Oh well, bye."

Derpy headed off to Canterlot as Twilight opened the letter.

"Oh my goodness," Twilight exclaimed.

"What," everypony exclaimed.

"This is impossible to read... I think it's says... What?!"

"Mother of Celestia, Twilight," Rainbow exclaimed, "just tell us!"

"Cadance is in labor!!!"

###

The mane six, Spike, and Flash were on the train heading for the Crystal Empire.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh," Twilight said, "ok, the thing we shouldn't do is panic. Everypony got that? Just relax and stay calm."

"Um, Twilight, we're fine," Flash said, "you might want to sit down though before you fall through the train."

Twilight looked down and saw her frantic pacing has caused a little ditch in the middle of the train.

"Oops, my bad," Twilight blushed, before taking a seat, "I'm just a little nervous. That's all."

"We can tell," Flash chuckled, "but you have nothing to worry about."

"I guess you right..."

"We are arriving at the Crystal Empire," a voice boomed.

"What the hay are you doing, Pinkie," Rainbow exclaimed.

"Just playing with my new megaphone DF gave me... oh, and by the way," Pinkie put the megaphone in Rainbow's face and yelled, "we have arrived at the Crystal station," leaving Rainbow in a daze and ears ringing.

Everypony, plus Spike, got off at the train station, and was greeted by Celestia and, the now married, Princess Luna and Black Hole.

"Greeting everypony," Celestia said before nodding to three carriages, "The foal has already been born, but Cadance said she want you all to be one of the first to see him/her."

"Alright, let's go," Twilight declared, before she and her friends slipped into the carriage.

In no time, the carriage arrived at the Crystal Hospital and everypony rushed inside and asked for Cadance. The nurse behind the counter said Room 128, but they all couldn't go in. Some had to stay in the lobby. Applejack suggested that they let the royal family go ahead while they hung back, so Twilight, Celestia, Luna, and Black Hole went ahead inside.

They went down the halls and found Room 128 before knocking.

"Come in," Cadance called weakly.

Celestia, Luna, Black, and Twilight walked in to see Shining Armor next to Cadance's bedside while Cadance was holding a little foal in a blanket.

"Hey," Twilight whispered, taking note that the foal was asleep, "how you doing."

"Good, now that's over," Cadance quietly chuckled.

"What did the doctor say?"

"He said that she's a pretty healthy one. He just wants to keep me and her up here for some checks," Cadance replied.

"Her? So it's a filly," Twilight asked.

"Yep, a filly Unicron," Cadance smiled, not noticing off to the side that Celestia was grinning with a hoof open to Luna, who reluctantly gave her smuged sister a few bits.

"Heh, looks like your stuck with three mares now Shining," Twilight smirked at Shining.

"Whatever, I still got a shot with a nephew," Shining grinned while nudging Twilight slightly causing her face to petrify and blush, which brought a tiny hum of snickers from everypony.

"So what are you naming her," Twilight hastily asked, trying to drive attention away from herself.

"Well we... wait, what is this," Cadance looked at her foal.

Immediately, Twilight and Shining rushed to Cadance's side to see nothing wrong with the foal: a tiny blue hair next to her cute little horn, followed by teal eyes and pink coat; it wasn't until they kept going to see something really peculiar... a cutie mark.

"What," Twilight and Cadance exclaimed, then instantly covered their mouths, realizing that the foal was still asleep.

"What is it," Celestia asked concerned.

"She has a cutie mark," Twilight whispered.

Celestia was taken slightly back, but only traded a moment of worried looks with her sister before saying, "Twilight, Black... can you please excuse us for a moment."

"Uh... alright," Twilight said, as she and Black took motion for the door.

"And can you send Rainbow Dash in," Celestia said before they left.

"Rainbow?"

"Yes."

"... Alright."

Twilight and Black returned to the lobby and were instantly greeted by the others waiting their... except Rainbow, who just stood with her head down, eyes closed, and facing a window, away from the others.

"Is it a filly, or a colt," Applejack questioned.

"What does he/she look like," Rarity asked.

"Is the foal healthy," Flutterhsy peeped.

"Is she so adorable that you want to explode with 'aww' but can't because you can't literally explode," Pinkie gleefully asked.

"A filly, looks like Cadance but I think she's going to have Shining's hair, she is perfectly healthy, yes Pinkie," Twilight answered one by one, "and... has a cutie mark."

"She has a what," everypony exclaimed, while Rainbow only looked up, eyes open now but still back to the rest.

"And... Celestia wanted you, Rainbow," Twilight said.

There was a moment of silence, or however quiet a busy hospital can be, before Rainbow turned around and went back the way Twilight came, not even looking or saying anything to the others.

"Uh, ok... anypony know what that was about," Twilight asked, but only got a reply of a wave of shrugs.

They waited in the lobby as hours began to pass, and before they knew it, lunch has already swung around. Everypony's stomach started to grumble as they continued to wait.

"Doesn't this place have a cafeteria," Applejack asked, after stomach gave an exceptionally loud growl.

"I think they do," Twilight replied.

"Well why hasn't anypony gotten somethin' yet," Applejack exclaimed, "I'll head over there and get some lunch, anypony want anything in particular."

"Oh, Oh," Pinkie yelled, bouncing up and down, "I waaaaant... a chocolate flavored chocolate inside of a cupcake, inside of a frosting package wrapped in a chocolate bar on top of a chocolate fountain... with a glass of water."

"Uh, ok. I'll see what ah can do... anypony else?"

"Anything will do," Twilight said.

"Same here," Flash said.

"Me too," Fluttershy peeped.

"Can you see if they could roast this for me," Spike said, pulling out a emerald, "it might be a little dangerous to do it myself inside a crowed building. "

"Sure," Applejack said, taking the emerald, "anything for you Black?"

"I'm fine," Black replied.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, see y'all later," Applejack said, heading out, then coming back in, "um, where was the cafeteria?"

"Should be down the hall to the left," the nurse behind the counter replied.

"Thanks," Applejack nodded then headed back.

A little bit after Applejack left, three ponies walked in: Derpy, Lightning, and the tannish white pony from the Gala, Edward if Twilight recalled correctly.

"Hey... Lightning," Flash tried to talk to them, but like Rainbow, they just walked past them and into the rest of the hospital, "what is going on today?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Twilight replied, "sorry you had to go through all of this. Probably the worst way to spend you birthday."

"Nah, I've got you, and that's good enough for me," Flash smiled.

"You always know the right words," Twilight sighed.

"And the right trick," Flash smiled, then made it seem like he pulled a flower from Twilight's mane, "for you, my lady."

"Oh why thank you, my noble guard," Twilight giggled.

"You are quite welcome... hey is that Matt?"

"Where?"

"Over there in the corner."

Twilight looked and saw that Matt was in fact sitting in the corner by the nurse's counter. He had a cast around his front two hoofs though.

"Huh, what is he doing here," Twilight asked.

"Well, our dad and him got into a shouting match a few weeks after we got back together. Long story short, the shouting turned into fighting and dad banged him up pretty badly."

"Ow," Twilight cringed.

"Yeah, just another day and my crazy family... but thankfully all that is sorted out now," Flash smiled.

"You want to go talk to him," Twilight asked.

"And leave your side? No thank you," Flash chuckled, "besides, it looks like he's got his hooves full with that nurse."

Twilight looked back and saw a nurse slap Matt across the face, leaving a distinct hoof mark on his cheek.

"Yikes, wonder what he said this time to upset another mare," Flash laughed.

"Don't laugh at him," Twilight said.

"Sorry, I know I shouldn't," Flash replied.

"Alright everypony I got some grub," Applejack exclaimed when she came back from the cafeteria.

"Thanks, Applejack," everypony replied as they each got something to eat.

"No problem, happy to help," Applejack replied.

"Hey! This isn't want I wanted," Pinkie exclaimed.

"Well they didn't have cupcakes, or chocolate," Applejack said taking a bite of an apple.

"Ah man," Pinkie wined, then had a grin from ear to ear and looked at the ceiling, "DF..."

"No!"

"Dang it."

After lunch was finished, Celestia appeared from the hallway doors followed by Luna, Rainbow, Lightning, Derpy, and Edward.

"So what's going on Celestia," Twilight asked.

"Nothing," Celestia smiled, "why would anything be wrong?"

"Well, you were all in there for a while."

"Well we would have been quicker if somepony wouldn't quit distracting the nurse," Rainbow growled at Lightning.

"Hey, what can I say... no seriously, what can I say? I got nothing," Lighting looked around.

"Alright, Alright," Celestia barked, "break it up..."

Rainbow and Lightning both instantly glared at Celestia.

"No wait, I meant, say goodbye... no I mean, time to leave her, Cadance I mean... well this got awkward quickly... just get out!"

Lighting nodded to Derpy and Edward, but kept locked eyes of hatred with Rainbow as they left.

"What was that about Rainbow," Twilight asked Rainbow.

"None of your business," Rainbow flared, "I'll meet you all at the train station."

With that, Rainbow stormed out, with tears starting to flow down her cheeks, as she headed towards the train station.

"Oook, that was strange," Twilight said, then looked over at Celestia, "so what's going on Celestia? Is the foal alright?"

"Of course, the foal is perfectly healthy. She's just going to have a cutie mark for some reason," Celestia said, "anyways, we all better leave. Cadance needs to rest and Shining needs to get back to running the Crystal Empire."

After saying goodbyes, Flash, Spike, and the rest of the mane six met up with Rainbow, who refused to talk or even look at anypony, at the train station. After getting tickets they all took the train back to ponyville.

###

"After centuries, I will finally have enough strength," said a weak and raspy voice from a cage in depths of Tartarus "just a little while longer, and Equestria shall be mine!!! Soon everypony will bow before me and cower when they hear the name... Tirek!! HAHAHAHA!!!"

(To Be Continued...)