• Published 17th May 2014
  • 2,635 Views, 87 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part Three - Derpyforever



Flash and Twilight broke up?! How is this possible?! Find out why today!

  • ...
20
 87
 2,635

Chapter 1: We Fight We Break Up

Chapter 1: We Fight We Break Up
"Flash and I broke up," Twilight exclaimed as she had enough of the constant questions coming from her persistent friends.
"Y-You two broke up," Rarity slowly repeated as the other gasped.
"Yes," Twilight sighed.
"a-ah'm so sorry sugar cube," Applejack said, hardly believing what she was hearing, "what happened?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Why," asked Fluttershy.
Twilight just looked at her, and for a moment, it seemed like she was about to explode, but took a deep breath and repeated, "I just don't want to talk about it."
"Are you ok," Rainbow asked, "because I'm can give him a good hit across the face for causing you any grief!"
"I'm ok Dash," Twilight said, starting to get a little peeved, "I just don't want to talk about it."
""Please Twilight," Pinkie begged, but she went too far.
"I SAID NO," Twilight yelled. "now just leave me alone!" With that, she teleported out of there.
"Ohh my gosh," Rarity whispered, "I can't believe they broke up, they were so perfect for each other too."
"Twilight must be feelin' worse than a pig without his mud," Applejack declared.
"I wonder what made them separate," Rainbow asked.
"I don't know," Fluttershy said, "but whatever it was, it must have been bad, and recent, because we had a double date last weekend, and they were happier then ever."
"Should we go find her," Rarity suggested.
"I don't know, maybe it's best we just give her some space," Applejack replied.
"Hey everybody," Spike came in, "I made some muff-... where's Twilight."
"Ohh Spiky-Wiky, Twilight and Flash broke up," Rarity answered.
"They what," Spike exclaimed dropping the tray of muffins he was holding, "but why?"
"We don't know, she wouldn't tell us," Applejack said.
"Uh-oh... what now. I mean, what are we going to..." Spike was interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Hold on I'm coming," Spike called. He opened the door and everybody gaped at who was there, Flash Sentry, he looked in bad shape though, he had a scar across his face, a black eye, and he looked like he flew all the way from the Crystal empire.
"Twilight," Flash exclaimed, but stopped when he saw Twilight wasn't there, but five mares glaring at him, "Where's Twilight?"
"Away from you," Rainbow growled, getting in his face while the other stood behind her, "you have some nerve to come around here, Flash."
"Yeah," Pinkie exclaimed.
"I guess she told you," Flash said.
"She told us" Applejack stated angrily, "and ah can't believe ya! She was the best mare in the world, an' ya go an' dump her!"
"Yeah," Pinkie exclaimed.
"I mean honestly, what kind of pony breaks the heart of a princess," exclaimed Rarity.
"Ye-"
"And quit saying Yeah!"
"Sorry..."
"Listen everypony, it's not my fault..." Flash started.
"Ohh, now your not even stallion enough to admit it's your fault." Rainbow Dash interrupted,"I guess Twilight's lucky to have you out of her life for good!"
"Just listen.."
"No, we won't listen, and I don't think you deserve Twilight! Now get out of here!" Rainbow was about to slam the door, but it was caught by Flash, who threw it back open.
"I said listen," he exclaimed, making everybody jump back, "I am not losing Twilight because her so called "friends" won't let me explain what happened."
"Hey," Applejack yelled, "we are Twilight's best friends..."
"And if you really cared for Twilight, you would let me talk to her!"
"There is no way we are letting you see Twilight," Rarity jumped in front of him.
"I don't have time to argue, I need to find Twilight, NOW!"
"No your not," they all said in unison.
"Yes I... I don't have time for this, I need to find her whether you like it or not!" With that, Flash flew off.
"Oh no you don't," Rainbow exclaimed, flying off after him, followed by the others on the ground. They flew off as the sky began to darken and water drops started pelting their face.
"Get back here," Rainbow yelled as the drizzle turned into a downpour.
"No," Flash yelled back, "I need to find Twilight." The chase continued until lighting bolt almost hit Flash, startling him, giving Rainbow enough time to catch him. She hit him head on and they both fell towards the ground at high speeds.
"You don't deserve Twilight," Rainbow yelled as their altitude descended quickly, "You dumped her!"
"I didn't dump her," Flash yelled, "She broke up with me!"
"WHAT!"
They were mere inches from the ground when all of a sudden, a purple glow froze them in mid air.
"Stop," somepony yelled. It was Twilight, who stopped the two from falling right before impact, and was crying, "just stop." She dropped the two as the others appeared from the rain.
"Twilight," Flash exclaimed getting up, but was silenced by Twilight, who put her hoof in the air.
"Flash, you shouldn't have come back," she shouted above the rain, "You are destroying yourself over me. Turning on your family, slacking off from your guard duties, and almost getting killed by a lightning bolt! I can't watch you give up on your life just for me."
"But I would give up everything for you," Flash said loudly back.
"I can't let you do that Flash."
"Hold on everypony," Applejack interrupted, "what is goin on here?"
Twilight looked at her, then sighed. "Everypony around me," she shouted
They all huddled around her as she strained. Her horn started to glow, and in one bright light, everybody was teleported back to Twilight's library.
"Ok, now that we are out of the rain," Applejack said, shaking off the water, "what the heck is going on?"
"Flash didn't break up with me, I broke up with him," Twilight replied.
"But why?"
"It all started last weekend, after our date with Fluttershy and Comet, Flash walked me back to the train station. That is when we ran into Geusto..."
(Flashback)
"Thanks for seeing me off Flash," Twilight said, as she and Flash arrived at the train station.
"Anything for my marefriend," Flash smiled.
"But I'm starting to get a little concerned with the whole do anything part," Twilight declared, "you've been writing letters to me when I know you should be on guard duty. You shouldn't put your work on hold just to write to me." (This was when they were still using Spike to send letters, so they can send letter to each other at any moment they liked.)
"So I send you a few letters during work," Flash replied, "it's not like the whole guards schedule get thrown out of balance."
"True, but I'm still not comfortable with you doing that. Just promise me you will only send letters when you are not on duty."
"I promise," Flash said.
"Thanks," Twilight said, giving Flash a kiss on the cheek.
They continued walking until somepony stepped in front of them.
"Excusing me sir," Flash kindly asked, "would you please mind moving out of the... DAD!"
"Hello son," Geusto growled, but then his mood change to cheerful when he said, "Good evening Twilight."
"Good evening Geusto," Twilight replied.
Geusto then turned back to Flash and his grumpy mood returned, "What where you doing with Fluttershy?"
"Oh... Twilight and I were just on a double date with them," Flash nervously replied.
"Whose them?"
"Fluttershy and Comet."
"Well, you know we don't want you near Fluttershy, remember?"
"Please don't tell me your still on that."
"He tried to hit you," Geusto defended, "A stallion never hits a father's son!"
"Dad, you and mom need to let it go. It was something that happened long ago. He didn't even hit me."
"He tried to though."
"Because I said things I shouldn't have said!"
"That doesn't give him the right!"
"Ok, so you have a grudge on him, doesn't mean that you need to bring that upon Fluttershy!"
"Fluttershy is his daughter, and you shouldn't be hanging around ponies who are like that!"
"Hey, that is Twilight's friend your talking about!"
"Ohh really, then you can't see her either."
"What," Twilight exclaimed, she tried to remain quiet during the argument, but couldn't take it anymore.
"Stay out of this Twilight," Flash warned, then turned back to his father, "I'm not thirteen anymore, you can't separate us. Not this time."
"Or what! I'm still your father," Geusto threaten.
"But you are no longer my guardian. I can live on my own now and I know who is a kind pony and who isn't. Now move aside."
Geusto stepped to the side to let them pass, but called after them, "wait till your mother hears about this."
Flash stopped walking, and with his back still to Geusto, said, "just like old times huh? Go whining to mom when your son won't listen."
"Flash," Twilight silently exclaimed.
"What did you say boy," Geusto shouted, "you are not going to talk to me like that! Turn around and face your father!" Flash turned around, "Now what did you say!"
"You heard me," Flash said, then whispered to Twilight, "go ahead and run, this might get ugly." Twilight started to back away and then bolted around the corner; but right before she was out of ear shot, she heard Geusto yell, "Oh you are in for one heck of a beating mister!"
"Try me," Flash yelled, as sounds of punches and grunts echoed throughtout the streets.
(To Be Continued...)