• Published 22nd Apr 2014
  • 994 Views, 23 Comments

Everything Dies - Saint-Mercy

  • ...
1
 23
 994

Everything Dies, Except I

"Discord?" Came an all too familiar soft whispering voice coming from the doorway.

"Yes, dearest Fluttershy?" Discord himself replied.

"What are you doing over there?" The yellow pegasus asked the god of chaos.

"Oh, just writing a little...story." Discord answered from the desk he was sitting at, his talon hand holding a pen down to a small notebook. The mismatched creature turned towards Fluttershy. "Nothing to worry about."

"Oh..okay, well have a goodnight Discord." Fluttershy said as she left the doorway.

"Goodnight Fluttershy." Discord whispered, a small tear glistening in his eye as he turned back to his notebook. Discord finished his the last line in his story and closed the over used notebook.

The notebook had no title, but a sad presence was felt from the blank cover, almost as if it was missing something.

"Everything dies, even you, even I...but I don't die." Discord let out a long dragged out sigh. This sigh was filled with eons of suffering the immortal god has carried on his back.

Discord snapped his talons and the notebook vanished.

"I won't forget you Fluttershy."

Comments ( 9 )

:fluttercry:brilliant. Simply brilliant.

4278413 thanks, I didn't expect it to be noticed at all, but thanks!

I loved it :pinkiehappy:

4278761 yeah, just reas Existence this morning, I loved it, oh and thanks for teh music.

Did Discord...... Die?:fluttercry: What happened!?:fluttershyouch:

4306127 he is the only one that won't die basically.

Thank Discord! But why do the other mane 6 have to die? What did they do? It was only in Discords story.:rainbowhuh:

4306570 well honestly it was like a glimpse into the future, he was basically writing a story on how they either die or split up, only twi and shy died in the story.

Wow. After reading through the entire thing I had to take the last chapter in mind as I reread through this.

Simply put; I like it. Honestly poetry usually leaves me with a feeling of incompleteness and boredom but this felt sadly great.

Again it couldn't have been without your last chapter though

Login or register to comment