• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 4,164 Views, 56 Comments

Harmless Trip to Manehattan - Eclipse



Celestia calls Twilight to join her in Manehattan, and Twilight decides to have fun while there

  • ...
7
 56
 4,164

Harmless Trip to Manehattan Part 5

Twilight smiled, having come face to face with her idol, let alone she’d be spending a night backstage with them! Twilight was subconsciously projecting her excitement; her horn was glowing a sparkly light violet color, Trixie taking notice in her date’s newfound excitement and decided to approach her in a gentle hug, making Twilight blush slightly. “Okay, okay, I know this is really a nerdy thing for me to do but I mean Octavia! I’ve been one of her biggest fans ever since I first heard how excellent she can put a piece of music together on that cello of hers, the music just flows like a certain kind second emotion. Every time I hear her music my troubles just melt all around me and everything in the world seems to just have an outlook for the better, I don’t know why but I guess I’m just like a humongous nerd and love that kind of music no matter who makes it.” Twilight said, her blush increasing as Trixie rolled her eyes at the mare and returned the gesture by sticking out her tongue and blowing a raspberry at Trixie. “Oh hush it you! It’s not like you can deny that you like what you like, given the fact that you are on a date with a nerdy lavender unicorn in a coffee shop in Manehattan, one of the most romantic atmospheric cities in all of Equestrian rule, and please put a muzzle on me or something because I can’t seem to shut the hay up.”

Trixie rolled her eyes and chuckled at the mare, “Twilight Sparkle, you are the weirdest mare I have ever had the fortune to meet, besides that Jamie, buy she’s funny as all hay though so it’s okay.” Trixie said making Twilight roll her eyes in response and approach the counter of the coffee shop where a worker there had looked as if he hadn’t slept in quite some time. “Oh my, excuse us, but we’d like some coffee please.” Trixie said, the worker rolling his eyes.

“You’re in a coffee shop, of course you want coffee; it’s not like we serve anything else here that’s worthwhile for you to but anyways, and if we did it wouldn’t matter because no pony even comes around this place.” The worker replied, taking both Trixie and Twilight aback at the stallion’s extremely rude remarks that he had been making. “Now tell me what kind of coffee you want or get the hay out of this coffee shop and find some pony that actually will be able to take some time out of his very busy and stressful day to actually give a damn about your problems.”

“If that’s how you’re going to treat us, we can take out business elsewhere, you don’t have to be so rude to us not so kind sir, we are not idiots.”

“Oh really? You both look like something my dog would regurgitate after it got into the garbage again, I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, now just get the hay out of the shop before I seriously start to get angry at you two.” The stallions remarked, as another larger pony, this one an older mare showed up behind him.

“I told you countless times to not bother the customers, you are really starting to become more of a burden than you are worth son.” The older mare said as the young stallion turned to the older mare, that they now knew was his mother, in disgust.

“If your freaking customers didn’t look like something you’d find in a public restroom, maybe I wouldn’t have to make such remarks, and if you didn’t hire your own kids to run the freaking shop, maybe you wouldn’t have them getting in every pony’s face and you could be happy, I could have a life, and your stupid customers would have their damn coffee!” The young stallion remarked, the older mare starting to get agitated by the young stallion’s rude remarks and arrogance.

“You do not talk to me like that! I am your mother and you will treat me with respect and you will do as I say when I say it!” she yelled back at him, their simple little disagreement was now turning into an all-out argument and war between the two ponies.

Twilight and Trixie looked at the two confused, just waiting for their argument to be over so they could get out of there as fast as they could so they could get away from the loud yelling of the two ponies. But their arguing didn’t die down, they continued to be at each other’s throats for five minutes until Twilight finally decided to intervene into their argument, which Trixie tried to stop her from doing.

“You two…” Twilight began, their arguing was now echoing throughout the entire little coffee shop, reverberating off of the very walls of the little shop.

“Oh it’s just soooo easy isn’t it! I have to pay for your food, your school, and even when you go out with your little friends which I don’t like you hanging out with in the first place!” The mother pony yelled at her son, making him move back and change his face to one of anger towards her.

“You know what, you are really getting on my freaking nerves mother, I could be out having a life right now, but no, you are making me work in this stupid freaking coffee shop! Why the hay is this even still open, we don’t get any damn customers around here, so it’s a miracle that you even still own the damned lease to this building!” the stallion remarked back.

“If I may say something that will make your argument stop…” Twilight said lowly as she was again cut off by the arguing mother and son, their argument intensifying by the moment as they were literally in each other’s faces and at each other’s throats.

“Oh so now I’m the evil one here! You wouldn’t even be alive if it weren’t for me you ungrateful little stallion!”

“Don’t be so full of yourself mom! Don’t think that you’re the best mare in all of Manehattan and what you are doing is the best example of parenting that Equestria has ever seen! I just want to go out with my friends, go on a date with my marefriend, and have you leave me the hay alone! You’re constantly smothering me with all of this motherly love stuff, I’m not a foal anymore, I can make my own decisions!”

“You wouldn’t have what you do today if it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t have a home, you wouldn’t have food, and you wouldn’t have a damn thing without me of your father! Don’t think that you can address me without respect just because you think that you’re old enough to start making your own life decisions! You are nowhere near mature enough to comprehend what life will throw at you, and you won’t be until you quit it with that dreadful arrogance of yours!”

“Arrogance?! At least I’m not the one tooting my own horn half the time!”

“Why you! Don’t you address your mother like that young man!”

“I’ll address you however the hay I want to old lady!”

“QUIT IT!” Twilight finally yelled having had enough of the two’s endless arguing, as the two stopped their argument in its tracks to look at the lavender mare. “Seriously, you two are at each other’s throats, and for what? Okay, the young colt there shouldn’t be addressing you like that, but don’t you think that you maybe are smothering him a little? You’re making him work in the shop, and it’s something that he doesn’t really want to do, so if you make him keep doing it, he’s going to grow to hate this place and all work in general.” Twilight said, making the mother mare look down at the young colt in embarrassment. “And you shouldn’t be talking to your mother like that,” Twilight said to the young colt as he rolled his eyes, “I’m aware that you may have friends, but not everything in life is based around what your friends are doing, and your friends don’t make your future for you, that’s a job for you and your own actions and decisions in life. And without respect you’ll grow apart from your family, and you don’t want that, if you grow a part from your family it only hurts yourself, and your parents. Just put yourself in each other’s shoes, if you were his age you’d be a bit rambunctious as well, and if you were older, you’d want your foal to make a better life for themselves so that they wouldn’t have to settle with working in a little barely open coffee shop that almost no pony knows about.”

The mother and her young colt looked at each other and sighed, “Alright, alright, Celestia warned us about you and your little ‘intellectual outbursts’ but right now, that outburst is just what we needed. We’ve been really stressing over this shop lately, the lease on the building has increased and we can barely afford the basic necessities both inside and outside of the shop. But Celestia contacted us telling us that she’d like this to be her own personal coffee shop, and she said that she’ll send however much we need to keep the shop running.” The mare said looking down, and spinning herself around, exposing her flank which just showed a large coffee cup on it.

“That’s very nice of Celestia to do; I mean to help such an excellent group of ponies when they’re struggling like this.” Twilight said as the mare turned back around and faced Twilight with a look of uncertainty on her face.

“We turned down the money; we didn’t want to be like one of those greedy larger shop owners that take money from all these external sources just to fill their wallets at the end of the months, so we didn’t take the princess’ bailout money. It just wouldn’t feel right for us to, but enough about our everyday problems, what can we get you nice mares today?” She asked with sincerity in her voice.

“I’ll take what I had yesterday, except I’d like a nice shot of java and espresso to it, I feel like I really need the extra kick today.” Twilight said as the mare behind the counter giggled.

“Confusing day huh?”

“You don’t even know the half of it,” Trixie replied putting her left foreleg around Twilight’s neck, making her duck down and blush as the mare giggled giddily at the two mares. “I’ll take a large frappe with two shots of espresso, two shots of cream, extra sugar, and Manehattan roast coffee beans please.”

“Alright, this one’s on the house considering that you’ve helped settle an issue that has been driving most of the business away,” the mare said as she pointed over to the young colt who rolled his eyes and scoffed cockily. “Get these two mares’ orders done and you can take the rest of the day off then you crazy little colt.” She said as the colt’s ears perked up and he ran around the small back of the coffee shop frantically trying to finish the orders having been given the offer to leave after the coffees were made. “That is the fastest that little colt has ever moved before, and he says that he has sore joints whenever we go somewhere he doesn’t want to be.”

“Hey, I have chronic lethargy, it’s not my fault. Sore joints I think is arthritis, and I have you and pops to thank for that one.” The young colt said, putting the coffees up to the window, “Here is your coffee, can I go now mom? My friends wanted to meet up with me hours ago.” He asked, as his mother rolled her eyes and nodded. “Alright!” he yelled as he threw off his apron and ran out the door faster than any pony could even blink.

“Well, that was… different. Certainly not something any pony expects out of a day, and not certainly what I expected to be doing today.” Twilight said taking a sip of the coffee, it tasted horrible, but she knew that the colt didn’t like doing what he was, so she kept drinking the coffee for the sake of, she has had quite the random day today and really needed the extra boost to her mood.

“Certainly no, but I have a feeling that we close up shop for the day, I really need some time to relax away from this accursed shop as well. I thank you mares for coming, and I ask that you may come back another time.” The mare said as she started to put away the items spread across the counter.

“Yes, thank you for the coffee though, we appreciate it.” Twilight said lowly, as they started to leave the shop, leaving the older mare inside to clean up around her work area and walk out behind them. “Well that certainly was rather strange, wasn’t it Trixie?” Twilight asked as she threw her coffee in the trash, unable to stomach the horrible tasting coffee any longer.

“Yes, but at least we managed to kill some time in there; it appears that the show starts in about two hours now. Don’t ask, because I have not a clue how much time we spent in there, and I truly don’t want to know anyways.” Trixie replied, following in the hoofsteps of her date and also throwing away the terrible coffee that that young colt had made for them.

“Wow, we sure managed to kill quite some time in there, but I suppose we should probably start making our way to where the event is going to take place, I have a feeling that if we get there early, we won’t have to worry about every pony and their grandmare to be there.” Twilight said, as they started making their way down the sidewalk, but they were wrong, even just going right outside there was traffic in the streets trying to find their ways to the large commercial center where the concert was taking place. “Oh you’ve got to be kidding me!” Twilight exclaimed as she tried to wade through the crowds of ponies that were filling the sidewalks and streets. “It’s still two hours till the show, and already there are five hundred million ponies making their way to the place, oh the irony of the situation that we’re now in.”

“Yeah, well you have to remember that these are some of the two most wanted to see ponies in all of Equestria right now Twilight. There’s going to be quite the buzz around the town until the show starts in about an hour and a half you know. And don’t give me any of that smart girl stuff Twilight; nothing that you riddle me will take away from the truth of this situation at hoof.” Trixie said as Twilight sighed still tried to wade her way through the hordes of ponies that were still crowding up the sidewalk, to almost no prevail.

“I just wish that this traffic would move along, I’m seriously not patient in these kinds of situations, and I really don’t want to sit here waiting lost in a crowd of ponies until we are finally able to move on to go inside the center and actually start to enjoy this mish-mash of a random day. But hay, we don’t have anything better to do at the moment, so I suppose that waiting in this traffic will give us something to do while we wait. I mean the show doesn’t start for a while, so maybe this waiting isn’t so bad.” Twilight said as her eyes scanned around, “Okay never mind this is horrible and I really just want to get to the concert hall and enjopy the rest of our day to the point that hopefully nothing else extremely random happens to us putting us in random situations.” Twilight said, making Trixie giggle.

“It’s almost as if we’re in a horribly written romantic comedy isn’t it? I mean the random events, the stupidity of a large city getting into the minds of us, but I mean really, what are the odds that the assumption I’ve just made is anywhere near the truth. But it does make sense nonetheless.” Trixie said as Twilight stood looking dumbfounded at the azure mare who proceeded to look away from Twilight to try and hide her shame from saying something as idiotic as she just had in front of her date.

“Trixie, you are a really confusing mare sometimes, let’s just get inside and hurry up, get backstage, talk with our idols and conclude this day before we both start to go insane from anything else random shoving itself into our otherwise uneventful day that could’ve been so much better if you would’ve actually let me put together a plan for the day instead of doing whatever the hay we wanted to on any random whim that we got.” Twilight said as she approached the backstage access door with Trixie reluctantly following behind her, what could possibly go wrong now?
-------
Author's notes: A chapter released on time? Oh joy, I just got over a writing block in this story, and will continue it to the finish in about two more chapters, enjoy the chapter guys.

Comments ( 25 )

well that was quite the argument those two ponies had... Great chapter! what!? only two more?!?!
Can't wait to read them!

That was a very well written "outburst" from Twilight :moustache:
also, WHY DIDENT I GET THE EMAIL FOR THIS! fdzhfd zgnb zzbgjkrzfbg jkfdng mdfnhhm,ng,n mfghjkkm bnm,xhb jfj ngldrfjgiosrgjh,dfhg h,mfghsjrtg jz,
:pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy: :pinkiecrazy:
i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n526/Mr-Ghast/Ponys/Fluttershyumad.jpg
Yes Fluttershy, I am mad, very mad.

38792 Yes, did you get the joke behind what Trixie said in the chapter? (It's like we're in a badly written romantic comedy.) It's because they are :pinkiecrazy:

38889 Twilight is a rather strange one, but then again, all of these damned ponies are completely and utterly batshit insane. :pinkiecrazy:
38792 By the way, yes about only two more chapters, I'd like to conclude this as soon as possible while still keeping it as enjoyable as possible for everyone, it's not supposed to be anything special. :rainbowwild:

39309 Right, that was all writtena while back and will stay as is. Sorry to make you waste such excellent criticism but I don't feel like picking over any older chapters for this. Sorry

55459 lol it's nice but the voice well seems a bit forced. Idk my opinion

2915842 I wrote this loooooooong ago. I have no idea what the hell is even in this story anymore.

2954736 haha really should look at the publish date more often, in that case ill look at you other stories cause I sorta liked this

2954837 Don't do that! I would not wish my stories to destroy your sanity!

2954862 meh sanity smanity. Pretty sure I lost it traveling threw the nth demention. Also did you just come back? Like literally today, or a few days ago or what

2954880 Literally, about 20 minutes ago. I sunk into a depression some time ago. I'm still sunken in it, but it's not quite so... crippling now. The Anxiety does that, now.

2954889 well, sry to hear that. Just, don't expect to go into therapy mode cause really I have no idea how to fix that. All i can say is good luck, plus I'm sure people enjoy your writing and will be glad your back.

2954913 Well, yes. I'm sure some people somewhere enjoy my style of writing. Perhaps they should see a specialist as well... But, nah. I ain't gonna bore you with my problems. But, hope you enjoy the stories you read!

2954920 haha I'm sure I will, although will you take the ones on Haitis off, or are you going to ditch everything and start anew. The other option would be just to read fics and be like fck you to the audience I'm done writing. Haha idc either way I just don't read Haitis stuff

2954939 Haha, some stories will be continued (RTS and Conflicting Emotions) and others, perhaps not. I may continue writing this one. But, I will be honest. I really do not like this story.

2954946 ok what ever floats your boat it did seem forced can't really explain it. But I can tell that you didn't seem to enjoy writing it, even if I did enjoy the plot.

2954956 Hey, it's not my choice. If the fans want more, I can write more.

2954961 Naw don't do that, your story suffers for it. If anything just delete this and either write a similar, bettor story or just ditch it for something you wanna write

2954981 Even when I don't like it, I can still write well. I half-assed the stories because I got lazy, and I lost my energy and inspiration to write.

2955009 yeah but what's the fun in that. People write fanfics cause they love the fandom and want to contribute. Plus imagine how good your stories are when you full ass your stories. Then again it's whatever you wanna do, I'm just giving suggestions

2955040 "Full ass" Oh gog, dying :rainbowlaugh:
But, one I really enjoyed writing was Conflicting Emotions and RTS... RTS pisses me off because of how long it is!

2955052 well ima prob go read those then



Yeah that was a half assed response I'm eating popcorn and typing this on my iPod so yeah hahah

2955075 Enjoy. You've been warned

2955078 why must all good stories die young :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment