• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 4,163 Views, 56 Comments

Harmless Trip to Manehattan - Eclipse



Celestia calls Twilight to join her in Manehattan, and Twilight decides to have fun while there

  • ...
7
 56
 4,163

Harmless Trip to Manehattan Part 4

I'm sorry! This chapter is rather late, i've been busy with school and some life issues and such. But I hope you enjoy the chapter

The girls were giggling amongst each other, Jamie being the one leading the group; still in her sophisticated get up. “Oh man, you girls are great! Wow, I’ve never met two mares quite like you girls; though I’ve not been able to make acquaintance with anypony for any longer than about a couple of hours, if even that. Damned guard restrictions, but since Twi’ here got those restrictions lifted; I can just be myself now, I’m chalking this up as some of my vacation days, I’m pretty sure Celestia will be too. But hanging out with you guys, it’s absolutely worth it; Twilight has been kind, and meeting Trixie here, I’ve got more friends than I’ll ever need. But then again, I’d like to meet Twilight’s friends from Ponyville; from what she’s told me, they all seem awesome in their very own way. Certainly someponies I’d sure love to meet; plus I want to see Pinkie again, man I love that random little gal!” Jamie said giggling.
“I didn’t get to know them very well; I was run out of Ponyville before I could really get to know anypony at all. With my habits of gloating, boasting, and a mix of pure arrogance into all of that, you’d get me about a couple of months ago; though Twilight was quick to forgive me, I feel her friends have not forgotten about that on ‘Ursa Minor’ incident, though it was not entirely my fault I still feel extremely bad for encouraging those two dunderhead colts. They saw my show and became fans of mine; I wouldn’t have thought they’d actually try to bring an Ursa Major into town for me to banish! It was just a story to entice ponies to come and see my show,” Trixie’s eyes started to water as Twilight put her forelegs around Trixie, engaging the azure unicorn in a hug. Trixie sighed a bit, “Thank you Twilight, my mind is absolutely racing right now; it does not want to really respond to what I tell it, the stress is just getting to my mind. Please forgive me going silent or talking on; I just really needed to vent that out a bit. I couldn’t think of any better ponies to share it with than you two though; you two are very comforting in times.”
Jamie smiled, “I guess I’m kind of like the adopted older sister; or maybe aunt, I’m not that old though, so I suppose that really wouldn’t work. I mean I’m still old, but just not that old y’know?” Jamie said her face being over taken with a puzzled look. “You know what, I just confused the hell out of myself; please forget about the mare you see next to you. She is now resetting her brain so that it doesn’t make her say something stupid, given the fact that she was an easily confused mare.

Twilight couldn’t help but smile at her, “Okay seriously Jamie, I can’t help but feel you and Pinkie are related in one way or another!” Twilight said getting a chuckle from both Trixie and Jamie, “But all joking aside, you were seriously a lawyer? With how you are now, I would’ve never guessed that is one of your past careers.” Twilight said as Jamie looked back at her confused staring off into space for a while biting her lip slightly. “Are you feeling okay Jamie? You’re looking rather embarrassed or something, did I offend you by asking that?!” Twilight said starting to apologize at a mile a minute as Trixie put her hoof over Twilight’s mouth making Jamie chuckle once again. Making Both Trixie and Twilight look at her; she laughed more than any other pony they’d ever met before, other than Pinkie, but it was normal for her to laugh like that.

“No, no, no! But a career is something you like to do, I enjoyed being a lawyer and all, but those bullshit legal precedents really get on your nerves after a while. I’d love to get a job as a lawyer, but the business is steep right now, there’s not much more demand for ponies in the legal department.” Jamie pulled off her glasses and started cleaning them and placed them directly back onto the base of her snout. “I’m boring you girls with the details though; I’ll be quiet and let you two get back on with your day.” Jamie said as she turned around and started to walk off but quickly turned back and yelled something to the girls before galloping out of sight. “No sex! If you two have sex, I’m going to destroy both of you! Have an excellent date though girls! Au Revoir madams!” she screamed playfully making Twilight and Trixie blush as everypony passing them stopped to look.

“I think we should get out of here now Trix, everypony is kind of you know, staring at us and it’s rather unnerving for me.” Twilight said, her blush was substantially rising by the moment. Trixie sighed, then nodded as they took off in a second, not knowing where their destination was, they just ran; soon enough ending up at the very same park Twilight and Celestia met up at earlier the other day. Twilight sighed and perked herself on a bench, looking around trying to spot a glimpse of Trixie, which she just couldn’t. ’What and excellent first date Sparkle! You just lost who you on the date with you dolt! How do you lose somepony so quickly?’ she asked herself as she saw Trixie slowly approaching her, with her horn emanating a small amount of magic, glowing a light blue, almost as azure as her. She sat down and levitated the flowers into her arms, slowly giving them over to Twilight, who was now starting to blush a bright and very hot red as she accepted the flowers, taking one of them and putting it into her mouth, as Trixie blushed slightly and giggled at her.

Twilight looked up at Trixie as she playfully chewed the flower, “I love them Trixie, thank you.” Twilight managed to say as Trixie slowly ducked her head down, blushing immensely at having pleased her date this early on. “But don not worry me like you did, you should’ve told me you were going to go and do something though. But since you got me such beautiful flowers, I think I’ll let you off the hook this time, but you know how much I like to know things.” Twilight said, both of the giggling like little school-fillies, their laughs echoing through the park that was mostly unused anyways. Twilight looked up at Trixie who was still blushing; Twilight bent over to Trixie’s cheek and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek, increasing her blush infinitely more than when it was her who kissed Twilight. Twilight’s face held and sustained a happy expression as Trixie smiled too, her blush still showing through her light azure cheeks; Twilight loved it when Trixie blushed, she thought it added character and a dash of ponality to her, her old personality slowly melting away from Twilight’s mind, being replaced by the feelings that she felt for this one particular mare.

Trixie managed to finally speak, “I thought we were heading somewhere Twilight, or has that big brain of yours finally given out?” Trixie said jokingly, making Twilight blush and chuckle nervously as she got up from the park bench. Trixie giggled at the mare’s strong personality, her dominant persona being the shy librarian and sheltered bookworm; but that’s one of the things Trixie loved about Twilight, her personality was so unique to a pony, no other pony sharing her passion for the literary arts. “No need to get all flustered Twilight, this is our special day. You don’t want to spend the entire day like this do you?” Trixie asked getting an awkward smile from Twilight making Trixie sigh loudly and roll her eyes at the lavender unicorn. “Do you want to spend this entire day in the park, or do you want to get out there and have some fun tonight!” Trixie said holding up a flyer for a concert in the commerce center that was in the middle of the gigantic metropolis, on it having a picture of everyone’s favorite DJ, Vinyl Scratch, or her better known stage name, DJ Pon-3.

Twilight’s head perked up as she looked onto the flyer that Trixie was holding up with her magic, winking with her right eye and sticking her tongue out playfully at Twilight once again, Twilight taking the flyer with her own magic and scanning it in extreme amounts of detail. “They’re here, in town?!” she said as her voice filled with excitement, as Trixie’s ears perked up. “OH MY GOSH! I absolutely love these ponies! They have some of the best and most calming music I’ve ever heard! And they’re going to be live in concert tonight!” Trixie showed a slight hint of confusion in her face, as she took the flyer back and read the smaller print underneath the announcement for Vinyl Scratch. Octavia, Lyra, and an assortment of other ponies she’d never even heard of, and was rather shocked that Twilight knew all of them; but she wasn’t surprised to hear that the group was a classical music group. Trixie gave the flyer back and flashed two V.I.P. passes that allowed backstage access and front row seats in the concert, and even a moment on stage with the groups. Twilight’s eyes shot open and stared at the passes, as she embraced Trixie in a hug, her hooves and forelegs wrapping tightly around the azure mare, making Trixie wheeze slightly as Twilight let go and Trixie took a deep breath, symbolizing that Twilight had squeezed her a bit too hard, and she was desperately trying to readjust to being able to breathe again. Twilight understood what she’d done, “Oh sorry,” Twilight said wiping off Trixie’s coat and patted her on the back, trying to urge her to take deep breaths instead of short ones to catch her breath.

Trixie’s breath finally caught up with her, as she smiled at Twilight, “You know, if you want this relationship to go anywhere, you might not want to put me in a death grip next time you try to hug me okay?” Trixie said, starting to chuckle nervously at Twilight, as Twilight ducked and blushed once again. “Anyways, I’ve had them for a while, I got them about three months ago, when the concert was first announced her in Manehattan in the theater downtown. I got the V.I.P passes, they were the only V.I.P. passes that they had, I was lucky to get them. That was back when I still had money, and had a good friend, but she moved away a while back, I kind of miss her, but she moved to Trottingham for her school studies, some sort of program that sent students into other cities to learn other cultures and such, I’m not all too familiar on the detail, but come on Twilight, I have two, there’s the classical music playing, wouldn’t you like to meet them face to face instead of just wishing about it when you’re listening to their music?” Trixie said as Twilight perked up her head again and nodded, both of them exchanging a smile and heading on to the coffee shop that was their original destination in the first place.

When they got there, the store was heavily populated, more than Twilight would expect; just the other day with Celestia, the place was basically empty. “What the? This place must’ve really gotten popular since yesterday, it wasn’t this busy when me and Celestia where here just the other day, I just don’t understand how a place could get so popular in just a day!” Twilight exclaimed, noticing that there was a large crowd around the counter, but they weren’t there buying coffee, they were just huddled around a certain area, so Twilight, much to the dismay of Trixie, moved forward to see what all the commotion was about. She couldn’t believe what she saw, it was Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, and they were most likely caught buying coffee or tea, when a storm of fans came up and surrounded them. Twilight didn’t know why ponies just go up and bother famous people for no reason, and another thought came up; why didn’t they react like this to Celestia? Celestia is only the strongest magical being in all of Equestria, but she shook off the thoughts and approached the two mares, as they looked at Twilight, rather shocked to see her.

Vinyl Scratch smiled at Twilight, “Well, hello there, it’s nice to see another unicorn around here, one that’s not stuck-up at least. No offense there Octy,” Vinyl Scratch said as she turned to Octavia who proceeded to shoot an unsurprised scowl back at the white, cocky unicorn who stuck her tongue out playfully back to the gray, stuck-up earth pony beside her. “Anyways, we were just randomly approached by a bunch of fans, I was pleasantly surprised when they all approached us, but it does get annoying when you just want to have a nice time with somepony you like. But yeah, that doesn’t matter now, who should I make the autograph out to?” Vinyl asked, Twilight still taken aback by the comment that Vinyl had made, Vinyl obviously taking notice given Twilight’s rather surprised and blank expression that was now plastering itself onto her face subconsciously. “Yes, me and Octy, rather big shocker to everypony for some reason, Octy can be stuck up, but I love the gal nonetheless.” Vinyl said, getting an embarrassed blush from Octavia, who turned away in embarrassment, making Vinyl roll her eyes at her.

Twilight gathered her mind, “Oh no, I think it’s great, I really can see you two together, they say opposites attract you know?” Twilight said, getting a chuckle from both Octavia and Vinyl. Twilight sharing a smile with them, knowing she was now in the presence of one of her idols and her marefriend too.

“I guess so,” Vinyl Scratch replied, “We should really meet up later, we have a concert in town about maybe, nine o’ clock, we’d love to meet you guys before we go on.” She said, as Trixie showed up and showed her the backstage passes as Vinyl Scratch smiled from cheek to cheek. “Well I’ll be damned, such interesting ponies, and if I must say, a rather cute and fitting couple.” Vinyl said, all four of them laughing, “Me and Octy will be looking forward to seeing you at the concert, we’d really like to get to know you mares better, you seem truly interesting.” Vinyl said grabbing her coffee and leaving the coffee shop and heading out back into the bustling streets of the large metropolis, seeming to disappear into the crowds of ponies that were on the streets.