• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 4,163 Views, 56 Comments

Harmless Trip to Manehattan - Eclipse



Celestia calls Twilight to join her in Manehattan, and Twilight decides to have fun while there

  • ...
7
 56
 4,163

Harmless Trip to Manehattan Part 2

She’d gotten to the hotel, taking herself thirty minutes to find the place; but she finally got there and asked where her room was. The receptionist at the front desk replied with a smile, “Ah the suite, it was changed to that this afternoon; sharing a room with a one ‘Jamie’ I believe. You may use that elevator to my left, just insert the door key and it should take you up to your suite.” The receptionist pointed out an elevator behind her and to the left and then casually returned to her duties at the front desk.

Twilight inserted the card into the elevator and the doors swung open, inviting her inside of them. She got inside, and heard a nice calming melody; she’d heard of elevator music, but never actually heard it. She enjoyed the nice smooth and calming melody as the elevator climbed slowly up to the room she would be staying in. When the door opened she was greeted by Jamie who was laying on the nearby pull-out couch. Her eyes widened at the décor of the room, everything was perfect; all of the decorations worked together to tie the room together tighter than Rarity tightened a lovely lace.

“Pretty suite ain’t it?” Jamie said laughing at her own pun, “Celestia told me I’m to watch over your stay in Manehattan; I’d never thought I’d see the day when somepony I just met would do something like this for me. Thank you Twilight, for getting those bogus restrictions off of me,” She said hugging the unicorn tightly in her forelegs. “Celestia changed it to a suite before she left town, it was a nice thing to do considering these things cost a fortune to stay in. But I guess being princess of all Equestria has its perks at times huh?” she said laughing once again. “But I’m not going to be your babysitter! Here, this is a phone, if there is any trouble you are to call me immediately, understand? I’m still in charge of your safety you know; I won’t have you admitted to the hospital for some random act of violence.” Jamie turned the channels on the television; making faces at all of the ones she didn’t like.

Twilight was exhausted the whole day out around town walking took its toll on her legs. “Actually I should be getting to bed; walking around this town took its toll on me,” her stomach growled cutting her off from her thoughts and making the Pegasus shoot a look at her from across the room.

“Maybe we should order something to eat first, don’t you agree?” Jamie said smiling at Twilight as she flipped open her phone to call the room service. “Yes, room service? We’d like a nice plate of oat pasta and vegetarian stew; and some nice strawberry cheesecake for dessert.” Jamie said as she discusses a price Twilight admired the luxurious room they’d been given; a true testament to how generous Princess Celestia could really be. “Yes, thirty minutes is fine, thank you.” Jamie said hanging up the phone and laying on the nightstand next to the sofa bed. “Now come sit next to me and watch T.V. Can’t have you go to bed on an empty stomach.” Jamie said flipping through the channels again, “Bleh, these shows suck. When are they going to get quality programming in this place?” Jamie asked as she continued making faces at the shows.

Twilight giggled at the mare’s bubbly personality, she was truly a vivid character; but you’d really have to meet her to understand that. “I suppose I can’t sleep on an empty stomach,” she said sitting next to the Pegasus who hung her head off of the edge of the sofa. “What are you doing Jamie? This randomness reminds me of a friend of mine from Ponyville,” Twilight said giggling at her temporary roommates random tendencies.

The mare sat up right, “You mean Pinkie Pie?” Jamie asked with excitement in her eyes.

Twilight smiled, “Yeah how did you know?” she inquired of Jamie; truly wondering how the Pegasus knew the pink earth mare. “She’s never mentioned you before; I don’t see why she wouldn’t. You’re absolutely a hoot!” Twilight said giggling, and getting a small chuckle from the violet pegasus.

Jamie smiled, “Yeah, I know her; she really is the queen of pure randomness! I couldn’t help but talk to her for a bit; but since us guards all look the same to everypony, it gets hard to find us again. But then again, I never returned to Ponyville; If I would have, me and her would’ve talked each other’s ears off! That random little gal is the true hoot around here!” Both of the mares laughing, glad to be in each other’s company. When the elevator bell rung and the waiter came and served their food.

“Here you go ladies, will there be anything else you need?” The waiter asked both of them.

Jamie smiled, “Yes can you bring me a cup of green tea with lemon; and for Twilight just iced tea please.” She said as the waiter smiled and took the order down. “That’s all for now, thank you sir.” She said giving him a ten bit tip.

“Very well, enjoy the meal ladies.” He said as he made his way back to the elevator and disappeared inside of it.
Jamie grabbed two plates and sat one in front of Twilight, and gave her a scoop of the spaghetti; which smelled simply decadent to her. Never having smelled such a delicious food in her life; she grabbed a fork and began eating the pasta; her face plastered with a smile as she devoured plate upon plate of the pasta. She let out a small burp and began snickering as both of the mares busted out in laughter. Twilight was having the best time of her life, and it was with somepony she’d just met! Just goes to show you how you can find friends in the rarest of places and occurrences. It felt like fate was thrusting all of this on her, meeting Jamie, meeting Pretzel Twist, and being reunited with Trixie after the months she’d been gone from Ponyville; but there was not one doubt in her mind, she could never be happier than now.

The elevator rang once again, the waiter coming out with a tray of drinks which he put in front of the two giggling mares. Then he served a whole strawberry swirl cheesecake; the sweet smell of the cake filling the room. “If you need anything else, room service is available until three in the morning and comes back around lunchtime.” He said.

Twilight looked at him, “What about breakfast though?” she asked as the stallion chuckled at her question.

“We have a conventional breakfast area one floor above the main entrance. There’s also a gym, an indoor pool, a commons area, and a steam room.” He said a smile coming from his face, but an embarrassed blush coming from the unicorn.

“I see, thank you for your service sir. I shall see you tipped greatly for your excellent service my friend.” Twilight said getting a smile from the waiter as he disappeared down the elevator once again. After the waiter was gone the two mares continued giggling and talking about their lives before what they were doing now. “Wow, Cloudsdale sounds like a wonderful place! All those pegasi around, creating weather, it must’ve been a real thrill to live there, I lived in Canterlot; Celestia chose me as her personal protégé, seeing the mass amount of talent for magic I had.” Twilight said, taken back by her story.

“Celestia’s personal protégé, that must be some honor you hold there Twi’. Do you mind if I call you Twi’? Is that a bit too weird for you?” she asked trying not to ruin her friendship with the lavender unicorn after it had just started.

Twilight giggled happily, “It’s okay, all of my best friends call me Twi’ most of the time. I understand what a mouthful ‘Twilight Sparkle’ can be to say every time you see me. Nicknames are what you perceive, I won’t foul you for trying to shorten up my name a bit; I mean I call come of my best friends by nicknames sometimes. We all call Pinkie Pie, Pink; I mean it just means that you like them enough to shorten their name to avoid the hassle of having to stress saying it all the time.” Twilight smiled.

Jamie smiled back at the lavender mare, “Wow you really have a knack for explaining things don’t you; no wonder Celestia chose you. You’re one of the smartest ponies I’ve ever encountered in my entire life! I mean your magic abilities must be like totally awesome!” Jamie said imitating a unicorn using magic as both of them started laughing. “Wow, I’d forgotten how awesome having a friend can be, seven years on the Royal Guard can take a lot out of you. Now are you going to help me eat this cake or am I going to have to force feed it to you?” she said jokingly.

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Yes I’d like a slice. But allow me to cut it, having magic can make it easier to stabilize and make nice even slices.” Twilight said as she started cutting the cake slowly, making each slice the same size as the other and moving a piece onto each or their smaller plates. “I mean wow, seven years is a very long time to stick with a job!” Twilight said starting to eat the cake on her plate. “Don’t you ever get tired not being able to have friends?” Twilight asked her.

Jamie was shoveling the cake down her gullet, “Yeah, it can get pretty boring; but it pays well and I get a guard’s quarters inside of the castle. So I guess it’s not all bad, not where you’d want to spend seven years of your life, but hey I ain’t complainin’,” She said moving more cake onto her plate. “But since you got those restrictions undone, I can visit anywhere I want now! Make friends with as many ponies as I can! I’ve been living on this one motto that my friends told me in school, ‘Life is a playground, you just have to have fun!’ I mean that motto means the world to me. It’s all I have left to remember Cloudsdale by; that and some old belongings I got when my parents passed away. I’ve still got the deed to their house, and since these restrictions are no more, I can finally set that place up to be a nice little hang-out.” Jamie said devouring the cake as if it were nothing.

Twilight finished her second slice of cake, “I’m sorry about your parents, you must’ve taken that pretty hard. I don’t know what I’d do if my parents died, I can assure you; I wouldn’t be a happy mare after that kind of news.” Twilight said, Jamie smiling back at her with cake clinging to her lips. “You’re one tough pegasus, you must have the patience of a saint to spend seven years away from friends and your parents. I mean, I’d go crazy without contact with anypony! But then again, I used to be so sheltered I wouldn’t even really go outside anyways.” Twilight said getting a merry giggle from her friend across the table.

“Yeah, It’s not easy; but you’ve really got to make sacrifices to do this job, I’ve learned life is full of things you need to sacrifice for. But I could never truly give up on friends, I kept contact with them despite Celestia’s instruction; I just couldn’t bear to leave my friends in the past. You understand, those friends of yours looked pretty sad to see you leave; now just imagine their faces when you tell them that you will never see them again. As I’ve said many times, not easy.” She said taking a drink from her tea. “It’s about time we head to bed now, it’s been fun; but we’ve still got some fun to have in this city before we leave any time soon. So we shall awaken in the morning rejuvenated!” Jamie said taking her plates to the sink and giggling.

Twilight smiled, remembering that she had to get up before ten to meet Trixie downstairs so they could spend the day catching up with each other. Twilight had almost forgotten about the plans she’d made; how stupid would she look if she didn’t show up on time. “Ah, yes. I have plans for tomorrow also, so I need all the sleep I can get for the day ahead of me! It’s going to be such a great day! I’ve met an old, well, acquaintance; but we’re going to catch up over spending the entire day together tomorrow! We’re going to go around town, to the movies to lunch, and even to dinner!” Twilight said her voice reaching a level and pitch that could annoy a parasprite.

Jamie smiled sinisterly, “It seems like you’re going out… on a date! So tell me, who’s the stallion! Tell me tell me tell me! I just have to know! Is he an old secret lover you had before you left Canterlot? Or is he a macho stallion that swooped you off of your hooves and you pledge everlasting love to each other until your bodies are eaten away by the maggots in your very coffins! Errr, wow that got kind of weird, random, and dark there at the end; what can I say, I watch too many romance movies. And zombie movies, gotta love them zombie movies y’know?” she said lightly giggling.

Twilight blushed, “No she’s just a friend. We’ve been meaning to catch up for quite some time now, but we never got the chance to. Some rather unfortunate events unfolded preventing us from contacting each other for quite a long time. It’ll be nice to hang out with her again, it’s been months since we’ve seen each other; I’m curious to hear her stories of how far she’s come from that one day all the way to now.” Twilight said getting a shocked stare from the violet pegasus, the stare she found was general unnerving to her.

Jamie gasped slightly, “I’d have never thought that you Twilight Sparkle, one of the most interesting mares I’ve ever met is attracted to mares!” she said smiling, the smile stretching further across her face than ever before. “Wow, this must be a real kick to the stallions!” she said jokingly making the lavender unicorn blush even harder, her face overtaken with a soft red. “Oh, Twilight, what random ball are you going to drop on me next?” she said jokingly again, the violet pegasus smiling lightly. “I’m just playing with you Twi’, but congratulations on snagging yourself a keeper; I applaud you for your skills in mare attraction.” Jamie said, starting to clap a little.

Twilight was blushing, the soft blush, now a dark red; the blush taking up most of her face now, not really wanting to respond to the mare that stood in her presence. “I told you! It’s not like that! I’m just meeting with an old friend is all! Why do you have to make everything like that now! It’s not a date, just a friendly day together!” Twilight said, blushing after hearing how defensive she sounded; maybe she did like Trixie, she’d never noticed it before because they’d only met briefly. But Twilight remembered the kiss that Trixie gave her before leaving; her mind was running so many things that she could barely process her situation. Twilight sighed, “Okay, so maybe it’s a date, but I’m not the kind of mare to take advantage of others. I don’t know why, but it feels right between me and Trixie; I’ve never really noticed how much I like her until I bumped into her today; she was calm, collected, and extremely nice to me. I couldn’t ask for a better combination in anypony; stallion or mare.” Twilight said her blush now shining on her face brightly; she could feel the blush now giving off a bit of heat to her cheeks, now rosy with the dark, bright blush.

Jamie giggled, “I understand, you like who you like; I suppose trying to keep from somepony you do like, would thrust you into a depression. Just go for it, if you truly do like her; then I’m sure everything will work out perfectly.” She said, giving a wink at Twilight, Twilight giving a noticed nod back. “Now, let’s get some sleep then; wouldn’t want you to keep you looove waiting in the morning you know!” she yelled jokingly as she ran into one of the suite’s many rooms.

Twilight smiled, she knew the joking from the violet pegasus was all in good fun; not taking it too seriously as she had most everything else in her life. But she felt comfortable here, with Jamie; and she felt comfortable that she finally told somepony that she liked mares, like a large weight had been lifted off her shoulders. A weight that had been with her ever since she’d met Trixie; but she couldn’t put a hoof on what the feelings were at the time, but after meeting again with a changed Trixie, she found out that what she was feeling, was love. She thought about the azure mare over and over again, the unicorn giving her comfort even though she wasn’t even there; Twilight drifted off to sleep with a large smile on her face thinking about the wonderful pony she’d just met; and the one she’d been in love with for quite some time, the thoughts settled in her mind, and she finally fell asleep. This rest being the best one she’d ever slept before; her dreams caressed with images of the soft azure mare.