• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Dorks by Bekdontraz

Cadence turned heads as she walked through the festival. Everyone's eyes followed the tall woman as she strode through the open air exhibition. Only a few eyes tracked over her companion. The shorter dark skinned girl was pretty, but Cadence seemed to glow with an inner warmth. Her multi colored hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and she wore a simple pink dress.

Twilight was dressed in her overly purple school uniform. Her own dark hair was allowed to flow down her back. She kept glancing around as they walked. She wilted as she walked next to a beauty like Cadence. The older woman was almost godlike in her beauty; Twilight doubted she looked very good compared to her.

“Twilight?” Cadence glanced down a sad look in her eyes. “Come on, this is supposed to be fun. I thought you loved Starswirl?”

“I do! He had to be one of the greatest mages to ever walk Equis! Its just..I…” She glanced down and sighed “Y..you’re…” She trailed off nervously and glanced away.

“A princess?” Cadence giggled into her hand, and lifted Twilight’s chin “I’m just a Cloudkin that got a pair of pointy ears, and some pretty magic.” She smiles and gently runs her thumb over Twilight’s cheek “You’re the magical prodigy, and you also know more than anyone I know! You’re 17 and in College for Faust’s sake! I’m a 22 and my claim to fame is that I’m one of two living ‘all-folk’ “ Cadence air quoted the common nickname for her new race. “When it comes down to it were all hu..” Cadence stopped her eyes widening “THEY HAVE ONE OF HIS JOURNALS!” She practically squealed in joy. She took off skidding to a halt in front of the glass case.

Twilight stood dumbfounded by the jarring shift in mood before her own mind caught up with events.

“Wait a journal!?” She turned rushing over to lean over the case herself. She smiled her eyes tracing the careless scrawl of Starswirl’s handwriting. She smiled and blushed translating the ancient Aetherian script in her head. An awed smile spread over her lips.

“He’s writing about Clover the Clever!” She said looking up at Cadence. The elder woman blinked and glanced down

“You can read that?” She broke into a wide grin “That is so bucking awesome! What does he say!”

“He says she’s a good student, but that she’s spending too much time chasing..ohh..” She trailed off a blush forming on her cheeks

“Chasing what? What?” Cadence gripped Twilight by the shoulders looking down into the Aetherian’s eyes.

“He says she was chasing after a Nimbian warrior…” She giggles into her hand. Cadence smirked

“I told you that they hadn’t gotten together post Founding!” Cadence pumped her fist in the air triumphantly. “No way you’re married for 60 years without a deep foundation of love to it.”

“You don’t need to rub it in that I was wrong…” Twilight pouted crossing her arms. “I just thought Clover would have spent her youth studying under the Greatest Mage to ever live!”

“I think she prefered being under the Greatest Commander to ever live” Cadence quiped causing Twilight to sputter indignantly. Cadence smiled and reached out cupping Twilight’s cheek again. “We all want to see ourselves in our idols.” She smiled and leaned down gently kissing Twilights forehead. “We can at least agree Starswirl was awesome right?”

“Very..” Twilight responded in a dreamy voice. She looked up at Cadence. The sunlight shining on her made her look even more heavenly than usual. Twilight finally leaned up kissing the taller woman softly.

Cadence’s eyes widen and she smiles down at Twilight. She’d waited so long for the younger woman to act. Auntie Celestia was very protective of her adopted daughter.

“That was better than my first spell” Twilight muttered stepping back and touching her lips. She smiled a dopey smile up at Cadence. “I..” Cadence put a finger to her lips

“That really was a nice kiss, but we are in public..” She grinned and took Twilight’s hand leading the girl away from the main path. She smiled and leaned down kissing Twilight again.

“So which was better, our first kiss or seeing all of Starswirl’s things?” Cadence asked knowing the answer

“How could you ask me that! I get to kiss you all I want now, I might never see these things again” Twilight crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

“You are the cutest little nerd ever” Cadence grinned.

“I’ve never played Ogres and Oubliettes with my big brother” Twilight countered with a grin of her own

“Hey! My bard is awesome! I’d like to see you sing a duet with a succubus and then banish her back to the Nine Hells!”

Twilight blinked and then burst into giggles.

Author's Note:

A continuation of Bekdontraz's previous prompt Bribery

PreviousChapters Next