• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,757 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,757

PreviousChapters Next
Camel by ArguingPizza

As Princess Twilight sat on the Crystal Throne beside her wife, she was surrounded by a swarm of activity. Guards and servants scurried this way and that, their movements frantic in their individual quests to complete their various duties. Her critical eye watched over it all, occasionally offering a correction or a bit of advice. There could be no errors this day, because today was the day.

No, not just the day. It was the day.

The day had come for the Crystal Empire to play host for the Council of Races.

For close to a thousand years, the Council had acted as a forum for various nations to settle disputes in ways other than war. With few exceptions, it had maintained peace across the world since shortly after the titanic War of the Sun and Moon. Ponies, Griffons, Minotaurs, even Dragons held seats on the Council, which by tradition convened once every decade. The previous summit had been held in the Minotaur capital of Knossos, and now it was the newly-resurrected Crystal Empire’s turn. For the fledgling nation, it was the most important event since the overthrow of Sombra, and it was up to Twilight to ensure everything ran as it was supposed to.

And Cadence would not stop groping her.

Even as the annoyed thought crossed her mind, she swatted away one of her wife’s wandering hooves as it trailed too close to her Cutie Mark. As luck would have it, it was also the day that, without warning, Cadence’s love magic hurled her headfirst into the frothing vat of lust that was estrus. As Princess of Love, her annual ‘loveapalooza’, as she called it, was both longer lasting and more intense than the average mare’s. An unfortunate(or, in Cadence’s opinion, fun) side effect of her inherent love magic tended to make her cycle’s start date unpredictable.

“Cadence, for goodness sake, would you please control yourself!” she whisper-shouted. She needn’t have bothered that much; as close as Cadence was sticking to her, she could probably hear some of Twilight’s louder thoughts. She was a hair’s breadth away from draping herself across Twilight like a persistently amorous blanket.

“Oh, but Twilight~ “ Cadence purred, “how can I control myself when you’re flaunting all this in front of me?” As she spoke, her wings spread out to caress Twilight’s flanks. Her hot breath tickled Twilight’s ears, and for a moment Twilight’s resolve threatened to waver.

“There’s a closet ten steps down the hall,” Cadence said eagerly, as if reading her mind.

Before Twilight could think of accepting her offer, the Crystal Trumpeters began blaring their horns in sync to announce the arrival of the foreign delegations. The Spires doors were pushed open, and into the Throne Room poured the Council dignitaries.

In the lead, as the previous host, was King Herakon. The massive Minotaur was forced to duck to prevent his horns from impacting against the doorway, and he towered over the Crystal Knights of the Imperial Honor Guard. Behind him marched Princesses Celestia and Luna, jointly representing Equestria. Following them were all manner of creature; Bovine, Griffon, even Dragon(though, for convenience sake, the Dragons typically sent Wyrms to the Council; few buildings could accommodate a fully grown drake.)

Near the end of the procession marched Sultan Medarius the Fair, the ruler of Bactria. He wore robes of fine, expensive silk that rippled in a nonexistent breeze and made his every step seem as graceful as a bird on the wind.

Cadence gave a giggle that was anything but innocent in nature as she shot Twilight a sultry smile. Twilight ignored it as she attempted to appear both regal and welcoming to their guests as they filed in and took their places around the Crystal Throne.

“Twilight,” Cadence whispered conspiratorially, adding a light jab for emphasis.

“What?” Twilight asked without taking her eyes off the procession and without dropping her welcoming smile.

“Guess what day it is?” Cadence giggled again, and made a point of staring between Twilight and the Sultan.

“Cadence, don’t,” Twilight warned.

“Go on, guess. Guess what day it is.” Cadence’s lecherous smile grew as she poked Twilight with her hoof.

“Cadence, don’t you dare say it.”

“Guess. Guess. Guess. Guess.” Every word was punctuated with another jab, and every jab pushed Twilight further and further off the edge.

“Guess. Guess. Guess guess guessguessguessguessguessguess-“

“YES OKAY FINE! IT’S HUMP DAY!” Twilight yelled, her voice echoing off the crystal walls and reverberating through the entire Spire. Everyone, a rare pronoun indeed to most ponies, froze in place as they stared, slack jawed, at their hosts.

Twilight seethed in place, her face red with both anger and embarrassment. Cadence, meanwhile, was running a hoof dangerously along the base of Twilight’s wings.

“GRAH!” In once smooth motion, Twilight enveloped Cadence in her magic and leapt from the dais. She marched angrily towards the door, her wife floating along behind her with a lascivious grin. The delegates parted before her, too stunned to do anything else. Not even Princess Celestia could find the words to describe her former student’s behavior.

As she stormed out, Twilight called over her shoulder, “We’ll be back in ten-“

“Twilight, come on,” Cadence interrupted with a roll of her eyes.

Fine. We’ll be back in twenty minutes. Happy?”

Cadence licked her lips from her bubble of magic. “Very.”

“You are impossible.” Returning her attention to the Council, Twilight gave a shallow bow before turning (slightly raised) tail and running off towards a nearby closet and slamming the door.

A beat of uncomfortable silence passed, only to be shattered by a throaty chuckle.

“Hehe,” Sultan Medarius chuckled, “Hump Day.”

PreviousChapters Next