• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,769 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,769

PreviousChapters Next
Slang by Fuzzyfurvert

by Fuzzyfurvert

My Little Dynamite: Book One
Part 5

~~~

“Well?”

“Well, what?” Twilight animated again as the wave of firework explosions announcing Princess Cadance’s return started to settle down. She grimaced at the thought of the Royal Sisters topside, running a distraction tactic of some sort to draw out the assassin they were convinced was inside Canterlot and after Cadance.

Twilight stepped lightly, trying to not splash in the ankle deep water that drained sluggishly down the sewage runoff pipe they were in. A few more stallion-hole covers and they would reach the location of the safehouse Luna had directed them too. If the plan was still proceeding normally, Spike would be there waiting on them. She hoped her young dragon was doing better than they were at the moment.

“Well,” Cadance rolled her eyes at Twilight, “tell me, Twily, about everything I’ve missed while I was away?”

“Um...everything?” Twilight looked back at Cadance. “It is five years or so of history…”

“Then just give me the highlight reel, Twily!” Cadance sighed. “If this safehouse has a shower, I call dibs.”

Twilight chuckled and shook her head as she thought back over hundreds of weeks looking for the ‘highlight reel’ Cadance wanted. “Let’s see...uh, you missed my birthday five times. I joined Celestia’s Battle Mage corps after I harnessed the six elements and defeated Princess Luna when she went crazy.”

“What?” Cadance gawked at Twilight. “You beat Luna? How is that even possible? and what do you mean she went crazy?”

“Princess Luna kinda…” Twilight blushed and cringed under Cadance’s stare. “...had a breakdown and a fight with Princess Celestia. Most ponies don’t even know it happened. I just happened to see Luna take off with Celestia and I chased them out into the Everfree Region to the abandoned temple there. I tried to rescue Princess Celestia, but Princess Luna’s shields were too strong. I had the idea that they were based off elemental energy cancelation so I figured out a way to bind all six elements into one blast effect. I broke her shields and...er, her legs. That’s why she had the wheelchair back at the castle.”

“Oh goddess, is she ok?”

Twilight nodded quickly. “Yeah! The doctors think she should be back up to walking like normal all the time pretty soon. She still uses the chair at court because of how long she has to sit, you see. The blast I hit her with caused nerve and muscular damage too. That’s why she’s still recovering five years later.”

“Wow...Twily, I don’t know what to say…” Cadance shook her head and then fixed Twilight with another stare. “There was no other way, right? You did what you had to do to save Celestia and bring Luna back to her right mind...right?”

Twilight nodded and lowered her head. They walked on in silence together for a while, the splashing of their steps and the gurgling of the slow moving water the only noise filling the air between them.

Twilight stopped when they reached the next ladder and gestured up it. “We’re here, Princess. Let me go check it first, then you come up.”

Cadance nodded and put a wing on Twilight’s shoulder just as the unicorn turned to climb. “Twily, thank you. Thank you for saving Celestia and Luna. They are my aunts and the only family I still have. I would hate to lose them.”

“You won’t lose them, if I have any say in it. Another thing you’ve missed is my protectiveness of them both.” Twilight smiled and grabbed a rung of the ladder. “My name has pretty much become slang for the asswhooping you get if you mess with a Princess of Equestria.”

Cadance giggled as Twilight pulled herself up to the stallionhole cover and shoved it up slightly to look around. The cobblestone alleyway she saw beyond was empty and shaded by tall brick buildings on either side. Twilight could hear the sounds of a busy street distantly to her right and could smell the strong scent of a bakery near-by.

Twilight lowered the cover and looked back down at Cadance. “It’s clear, come up and stick close. We’re going to be more or less in the open for the last 50 or so yards to the safehouse door. If everything is going according to plan, Spike will be there waiting on us. We hold tight until the all clear is given.”

“Yes ma’am!” Cadance snapped a quick salute and started up the ladder. “So, if anything does happen, I trust you’ll go ‘Twilight Sparkle’ on whoever tries any funny business?”

Twilight shoved the cover up and off and quickly pulled herself out of the sewer before turning around and offering her hoof to Cadance. “You have my word, Princess.”

“Twily, just call me Cadance.” Cadance grinned and when she grabbed Twilight’s outstretched hoof, she pulled her protector in close and softly brushed their lips together. “Now get me into the safehouse. I would kill for a hot shower right about now.”

Author's Note:

The complete chapter list for the My Little Dynamite series can be found here.

PreviousChapters Next