• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Giggles by Bekdontraz

The sun ducked low over the frozen mountains, the moon started her rise to the heavens. The clouds didn’t cover the sky this far north. The glow from the Crystal Ruins lit the distance. The calm warm waters of the lake rippled faintly, an ethereal giggle broke the chilled night air. The poor starved ponies camped at waters edge huddled close to their fire. Their eyes wide in fear as a soft pink glow rose from the waters.

The glow took on a vaguely pony shape as it began to dance across the water. It laughed and twirled dancing and enjoying the warmer air around the lake. As the sun sank lower the glow stopped and looked around as if seeing the ruined world around it for the first time. It stopped and spun around as if searching for something that wasn’t there. A soft sound broke the cold night a voice just beyond hearing that called out in pain.

As the pink glow sat calling out for something that was missing a new glow appeared, purple it flickered as it slowly walked out over the water. It sat as if watching the Pink being for a moment before giggling and jumping slamming into the Pink as if in a tackle. The two spirits spun and played giggling in pure joy of each others company.

The huddled group on the shore watched in awe, something deep inside them told them this was a lover tale. A story lost to the Wasteland, but even in death these two being found each other for a time on that warm lake. At twilight they danced and played. The groups leader leaned over nuzzling his wife with a smile. For the time being they were safe. The mare smiled up at him and for the first time in years giggled faintly planting a soft kiss on his lips as the two Lights on the Lake danced behind them.

Soon however the purple glow began to fade, the two spirits clung to each other before the cruel world separated them again.

“I love you..” Two voices called to each other over the lake as the purple spirit faded her light soon gone. The pink spirit sat for a time alone on the lake. She turned moving towards the lovers on the shore. For a moment Princess Cadence stood before the ponies. She bowed her head and smiled a soft glow from her horn as she blessed their love before she too was drawn back into oblivion.

For years afterward, those lovers struggled to make their way in the Wasteland, but no matter what the world threw at them they had each other. They never learned who those spirits on the lake had been. They did however spread kindness and love to all they could, and on the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows their small efforts helped bring lover’s giggles back into the world. All in memory of two lovers long dead.

Author's Note:

Our first Fallout: Equestria prompt

PreviousChapters Next