• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,757 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,757

PreviousChapters Next
Hot Springs by Cytotoxin

by Cytotoxin
~~~

In retrospect, it was the best decision made in the last month, princess Sparkle thought lazily as she sunk deeper into the spring, stretching her much abused and twisted spine. Poring over the lawbooks and scrolls did nothing good for it, and taking a mini-vacation to enjoy hot springs was just the thing to get her back into gear. Now, if only she could find some pleasurable companionship for an evening...

Twilight snorted lightly, sending ripples across the water surface. So casual. Then again, when you`re sixty four, and still have the body forty years younger? If you got it, flaunt it. Celestia certainly did, and so did Luna, though their styles were... different. While Celestia projected an image of casual soft benevolence, Luna`s charms were always spicy and zesty. Cadance was the passionate one, if memory served her well. And Twilight herself? Well, suffice to say she milked sexy librarian stereotype for all that it was worth when she was in mood for shenanigans.

Absentmindedly, her thoughts turned to Cadance. After all, it was technically Cadance`s personal hot spring she was reclining in, at the moment. Aforementioned Cadance was as lovely as ever, when Twilight met her earlier today. She hinted about coming down to the springs to relax, but so far, no dice. Maybe she was taking care of Shining Armor. Seventy two years old by now, he could be needy at times. Needy, as in needing assistance. While his body wasn`t too frail to move on his own, yet, same couldn`t be said of his mind. To be expected, really - among all the ponies, unicorns tended to suffer the onset of dementia the soonest, and Shining was not an exception. By the age of seventy, his sclerosis progressed onto the short-term memory, often making him pause and puzzle over his current activity, no longer able to recall why he decided to do it.

Things didn`t improve for him, despite the top-notch medical and familial care. Two years later, it was abundantly clear that Shining Armor was largely gone. Sometimes, rarely, his old self would shine through, he`d recall things, respond to things rationally... Most of the time, he couldn`t remember his wife or his sister, and his interests didn`t extend beyond the immediate "I`m hot, I`m cold, I`m hungry." Long ago relieved of his duties, he`d spend the days watching the hustle and bustle of Crystal Empire off the secluded balcony.

Cadance did her best to ensure he is comfortable. Even in this decrepit state, she loved him dearly. Still, sometimes, it was just a little tedious. But then again, Twilight knew better then to offer any organizing and time-management. She tried once, and she still remembered the gentle, polite and absolutely merciless chewing out Cadance gave her over that. Just because she wasn`t used to taking care of somepony elderly didn`t mean she could put a limit on time spent together.

As on cue, Cadance opened the door, and slipped into the room without further ado, her magic already hard at work stripping the regalia off the mare. With a long trembling sign Cadance sunk into the hot water next to Twilight. "Me-damned pencil-pushers." - she grumbled unhappily, casting a furtive glance towards Twilight. "Twily? Can we talk?" - she ventured, nibbling her lip uncertainly.

Twilight shivered and wiggled in water, raising until her head was above the surface. "Something happened, Cadance?" - she quipped - "You look exhausted." The general issue was not a secret to her - due to some of the... less rational laws of Crystal Empire, a pony up top had to be of sound mind. While in itself it was fairly reasonable demand, the problem lied in corollary, which posited that since Shining Armor was no longer mentally fit to rule, his relationship with Cadance was to be dissolved, or Cadance had to step down as an empress.

Heaving a sign, Cadance sunk lower in water until only her head remained above the surface, matching Twilight`s pose. "As much as I`d like to say it`s not so... it is. There is no way I can overturn the law without causing a succession crisis in Empire, one way or another." - she grumbled, as she leaned towards Twilight, resting her head on Twilight`s shoulder. "The only relevant thing I could find reads as follows - 'Shouldst eldest sibling prove thineself to be feeble of mind, younger sibling receives precedence and possession of elder pony`s possessions and marital obligations.' In short, the only thing we can really do is to... uh... transfer Shining`s part of marriage onto you." Cadance paused, then pulled back from Twilight gingerly.

"I don`t think I`ve ever uttered anything weirder." - she proffered after a few moments of tense silence. Twilight sighed. Then sighed again. Then paused, thought, and finally opened her mouth to present her reply. "Did you explain this to Shiny?" - she quipped at last.

"I did." - confirmed Cadance - "When he was lucid. He told me to "listen to your heart". I imagine it`s one heck of a nudge to get you married to me, Twilight. Sheesh, it sounds... weird. My husband telling me to marry his younger sister... Sheesh, we`re really messed up all around."

Twilight`s wings fluttered involuntarily. She knew Cadance well. Knew she would insist on taking the marriage to it`s logical conclusion, if it were to happen. Knew that she herself desired that very much. Married to Cadance? It was a little filly`s dream, crushed into fine dust when she witnessed her marrying Shining Armor. Dream flaring anew now that the circumstances conspire to give her another shot at what she long ago considered as forfeited and forsaken.

"Well, for all the good it does... Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, will you marry me?" - Twilight proffered lazily. She felt the older alicorn shift against herself as Cadance`s teeth caught her ear and nipped slightly. "Yes, my Sparkle. Yes, I will."

PreviousChapters Next