• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,758 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,758

PreviousChapters Next
Badonkadonk by ArguingPizza

For the seemingly hundredth time, Twilight looked herself over in the mirror. She examined every strand of hair in her mane and tail, every fiber of her dress, looking for the slightest imperfection. Her coat was brushed to a fine sheen, nearly sparkling in the light. Her mane had been impeccably styled to flow down her neck like a waterfall in the moonlight, courtesy of the Royal Hairdresser. Her dress, an incredible masterpiece that had taken Rarity nearly a full week to complete, seemed to flow across her form in waves.

And, most important, her flank was rocking tonight.

Satisfied with her final check, Twilight took a deep breath to relax herself. This was it. The moment of truth. More than two years of infatuation and a lifetime of friendship, all being thrown in the air for her to catch. From the other side of the heavy wooden doors that led to the ballroom, Twilight heard the trumpeters begin to blow the song dedicated to announcing her entry. The Royal Herald, his loud voice passing with ease through the thick timber, announced her.

“Now presenting, Her Royal Highness, Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

Twilight released the breath she hadn’t realized she was holding and firmly set her hooves on the expensive red carpet. With a single light prodding of magic against the doors, she let loose the dice of fate.


For the seemingly hundredth time, Cadence fought off the urge to remove her crown and plant it firmly in the deepest depths of one of Canterlot’s seemingly endless ‘nobles’ in the most unpleasant manner possible. Once again, she was stuck talking to, or rather listening to, some random pony with a stick up their plot about their own self-importance. At the moment, it was a minor Lord who boasted he could trace his lineage back to the very founding of Canterlot. Cadence’s eyes were shaking as she fought valiantly against the urge to constantly roll her eyes.

It wasn’t often she cursed her crown, but whenever she was required to attend a Canterlot social function due to her status as a Princess, she was sorely tempted to abdicate and devote herself to the solitary study of an obscure genus of rock fungus in the farthest reaches of Bactria. The Grand Galloping Gala was an especially tiring event, owing to much higher-than-average turnout. It seemed every stuck-up equine from Canterlot to the Haywaiian Islands attended, each out to improve their social standing through hilariously transparent plotting.

Royal Trumpeters began to play Twilight’s announcement march, Cadence eagerly excused herself from Lord Whatshisname and weaved her way through the crowd to a spot near the staircase with a clear view.

There was a brief flash of raspberry magic, and the doors opened to reveal Princess Twilight Sparkle, Champion of Equestria and Princess of Friendship and Harmony.

It took more than a little restraint for Cadence to keep from wolf-whistling. Twilight looked gorgeous. She wore a dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. The midnight blue silky ensemble started low on her neck, pinpricks of silver making it seem as if she was wearing an ocean of stars freshly plucked from the sky. It flowed back between and around her wings like a trio of heavenly rivers, curving around to meet and fall over her flanks in a never-ending parade of—

Dayum,” Princess Luna said reverently, startling Cadence who hadn’t heard her approach. Cadence did a double take when she noticed Luna wearing an oversized pair of dark sunglasses, but she chose to ignore it in favor of the much more interesting sight of Twilight as she slowly descended the steps.

Cadence had known Twilight ever since she was a mere filly, barely after she received her Cutie Mark by hatching Spike. She had seen Twilight grow from an adorable little foal, to a curious filly, to an awkward adolescent, to an equally awkward young mare. Never in her life had she seen Twilight move with such grace, such elegance, such not tripping on her own hooves.

It was then that Cadence realized that, as she descended, Twilight was staring directly at her. Twilight was wearing a confident smirk, and Cadence suddenly felt very warm in her dress. She gulped as Twilight reached the bottom and headed directly for her, never breaking eye contact. Cadence suddenly felt very much like a fly caught in a web, unable to move as the spider approached to devour her.

Very, very warm in her dress.

“Princess Luna,” Twilight gave a shallow bow, momentarily breaking eye contact with Cadence. Luna, who had at some point hidden the sunglasses, returned the courtesy. Twilight quickly turned her attention back to Cadence, her eyes half lidded as she entered Cadence’s personal space.

“Princess Cadence,” she bowed once more, this time taking Cadence’s hoof and brushing her lips along her hoof, her eyes holding Cadence’s hostage. It sent shivers up Cadence’s spine.

‘Where did this come from? Where did Twilight get all this confidence?’ Cadence wondered to herself. Whatever the answer, she liked it.

Twilight gently released Cadence hoof, which hung in midair as if begging to be kissed again. Twilight smirked again and brushed past her, her wing lightly grazing Cadence’s. As she passed, Twilight flicked her tail up slightly to tickle Cadence’s nose. Cadence blushed heavily, looking around to see if anypony else had noticed the gesture.

Twilight, seemingly indifferent to the other ponies, looked over her withers suggestively.

“Care to dance?” she asked, not waiting for an answer before heading off towards the band, surrounded by couples swirling around in perfect harmony with the music. Cadence’s face flushed once more, and her embarrassment doubled when she noticed Twilight had caught her staring after her. To her surprise, Twilight winked, and added an extra sway to her steps.

Cadence stood frozen for less than a full second before scrambling after her. In her wake, she left Princess Luna standing alone, smiling in amusement at the spectacle.

“Ah, to be young and in love.”

Author's Note:

Not part of Second Chances, just some good ol' fashion shipping

PreviousChapters Next