• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Cake by Piece Bot

~~~

Twilight Sparkle raced back to the library with a couple of bulging saddle bags, filled to the brim with ingredients for a delicious meal. She burst into the door and slid to a halt, panting heavily as she stopped. Cadence had her tongue stuck out a corner of her mouth as she tried to gather up the ingredients they did have.

“Cadence, I got the other ingredients. Now what?” Twilight asked her. She had no knowledge of whatever Cadence was planning prior to her grocery shopping. Cadence smiled at Twilight. While Twilight was out buying groceries, Cadence had been preparing everything else. She had a couple of mixing bowls set out and her own set of ingredients placed beside one of the mixing bowls.

“Now. I want you to get your ingredients out and placed them next to the other bowl.” Cadence instructed. Twilight did as told and waited for more instructions. This was like what they used to do when Twilight's parents were out. “Remember how we used to bake cakes and make it a race between us?” Cadence asked Twilight.

“Of course I remember … NOW I know what we're doing! We're doing a cake race!” Twilight said in delight. She gave a jubilant smiled and waited for the starting cue.

“Three ...” Cadence started the countdown.

“Two ...” Twilight continued it.

“One …” Cadence finished the countdown.

“GO!” They both shouted at the same time. Cadence immediately grabbed the flour and dumped about half a bag in the bowl. She then grabbed a couple of eggs and lightly tapped them against the side to crack them. She then split both eggs and tossed the shells to the floor.

Meanwhile, Twilight had carefully measured everything out and placed the right amount of flour in the cups. She tapped the eggs against the bowl, cracked them, and tossed the egg shells into the nearby bin. She then added about 500mL of milk and stirred the current concoction to make a paste. In a separate bowl, with amazing speed, Twilight created the other part of cake batter.

Cadence was just tossing her ingredients in left and right, trying to be the first one to finish. After making sure it was the right amount of course. She added the milk and quickly stirred it; cake batter flew everywhere. Cadence then prepared the other half of her cake in a separate bowl like Twilight. After doing so, Cadence then immediately poured all of the mixture into the bowl and stirred to make both batters mesh together and create one smooth concoction.

Twilight was already at the oven stage and it was just baking now.

Cadence was lucky that she preheated both ovens. She immediately placed the cake batter into the oven and slammed the door shut, nearly putting the flame out in the back.


“Phew.” Cadence said after she was sure that both cakes were cooking nicely.

“I think I won.” Twilight said smugly.

“Ha. Don't be so sure.” Cadence replied and immediately started to laugh. Twilight joined and they both laughed until the ovens went ding.


“Spike! Can you come down here please?” Twilight called out to her assisstant. When there was no answer, Twilight walked up the stairs and into the room she shared with the drake. She found Spike sleeping soundly. Grinning, Twilight teleported the both of them out of the bedroom and into the main part of the library.

“Ouch. I was having a nice dream about ice-cream.” Spike's mouth watered at that. Cadence giggled and used her magic to levitate both cakes out of the kitchen. Spike's face fell when he saw the levitating cakes. “Nope. Not doing this again.” Spike crossed his arms.

“Not even for a gem?” Twilight asked him and waved a big emerald in front of his face.

“You got me there. If this turns out like last time then this will be the last time I'm taste testing your cakes.” Spike sighed and grabbed the gem, making sure to save it for later.

Both ponies smiled at the slightly-suspicious dragon and Cadence levitated both cakes in front of him.

“Which cake are you going to try first?”


Spike was currently in the bathroom and vomiting up the contents of both cakes.

“I didn't think they would be that bad.” Cadence said with a slight smile.

“That's because he tried your one first.” Twilight smirked.

PreviousChapters Next