• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,774 Views, 504 Comments

Magic of Love: A Twidance Prompt Collab - ArguingPizza



The official source for everyone's favorite Princess of Love and Element of Magic shipping

  • ...
35
 504
 7,774

PreviousChapters Next
Inuksuk by Bekdontraz

“So who was she?” Cadance whispered into her wife’s ear. Twilights ear flicked and she shushed her wife. The slow procession made it way along the windswept coast. The moonlit sea lapping at the shore to their right. Cadance shivered slightly under her cloak. She glanced up to the head of the column where Applejack led a lantern on a long pole swaying in front of her. She, like everyone else in the column, wore a thick wool cloak. Princess Luna walked a few paces behind Applejack her head bowed deep in thought.

Cadance looked down at her wife again and furrowed her brow. She was not part of the Cult of the Huntress, unlike Twilight. She didn’t fully understand it all, but Luna had apparently found out about the pilgrimage to this Holy Site, and begged to come with them to show penance. She glanced back up at Applejack and her swinging lantern. It made no sense to her why Applejack of all ponies was part of this Cult, most farmers were Cult of the Sun, or Cult of Growth.

“We’re going to visit the site that Pomum made battle with Nightmare Moon” Twilight whispered up to Cadance. The elder alicorn blinked and looked down “A saint...she defended a fleeing caravan from Nightmare Moon’s forces on her own. She even dueled the pretender herself.” Twilight explained before Cadance could ask. Cadance nodded down to her lover. Twilight leaned into her as they walked.

The procession carried on in silence for many miles more before the ground grew more barren. The grass and weeds stopped growing leaving bare earth. Cadance looked around seeing a whole circle of this strange barrenness. In the center stood an ancient standing stone, the stone was split near the base a tall apple tree growing out from it, the only growth within the blighted circle.

The column spread out circling around the stone, Applejack strode forward planting the lantern in the dirt before bowing down to the tree and stone. She then stood again facing towards the ring of ponies.

“We stand here to remember a martyr for the true Huntress, She Who Holds the Moon in Sway and Guards our Nights! We remember that she stood against the corrupted Huntress to save her family!” She turned and bowed her head to Luna “Tonight we also remember that our Goddess has returned, and though she may claim to not be what we worship, I say she is even greater than the stories. A living symbol of the night who guards our dreams.” The ponies in the circle all bowed to a blushing Princess Luna.

Cadance had snuggled more into Twilight draping a wing over the smaller unicorn as Applejack spoke. She could never understand how her wife was able to accept both The goddess and the real pony. She shook her head and gently held Twilight as Applejack began the story of Pomum the Brave. She looked at the monument and smiles sadly. It had looked so alone and cold before, now it was surrounded by ponies sharing the story of the mare it commemorated. Twilight looked up at her with a smile and gently kissed her.

“Thank you for coming with me.” She whispered before looking back to Applejack. Cadance smiled and pulled her tighter with her wing.

Author's Note:

Part of the Captain Sparkle Storyline

PreviousChapters Next